Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I can see this place will be intolerable for the next few days.

Time for a vacation.

Probably, if words on a page about video game hair affect you so deeply.

Orangenee is sort of right; many of us have gone ballistic about some of our favourite pixels being changed with no warning or explanation (and in some cases never fixed - like return-to-default-Quinn in Iokath, which the Devs have conveniently chosen to ignore and pretend doesn't exist as a problem). My point is if some of us can go mad about some pixels then he can take a vacation from the forum over words.

Security Chief is concerned this forum is taking a turn away from Malavai Quinn towards Silver Theron / terrible hair Theron. Order needs to be restored! While we wait here's some Quinn pleasure to remind us why we're here :D :

Battle Hardened

Thinking

Orangenee is sort of right; many of us have gone ballistic about some of our favourite pixels being changed with no warning or explanation (and in some cases never fixed - like return-to-default-Quinn in Iokath, which the Devs have conveniently chosen to ignore and pretend doesn't exist as a problem). My point is if some of us can go mad about some pixels then he can take a vacation from the forum over words.

Security Chief is concerned this forum is taking a turn away from Malavai Quinn towards Silver Theron / terrible hair Theron. Order needs to be restored! While we wait here's some Quinn pleasure to remind us why we're here :D :

Battle Hardened

Thinking

Voice of reason FTW! And more Quinn! Yay!

Funny, how complaining about "customisable" version of Beniko's face was ok, but complaining about ******** Shan and White Dude Quinn on Iokath is whining I should stop.

(Not talking about this thread, but I had to throw it out somewhere. :()

I saw that, don't let one or two people fine with the changes and rude because you're not get you down.

Agreeing to disagree and ignoring topics that aren't relevant to oneself should be the default setting of forum posters but it aint. Plus, no one gets to be rude to Quinnmancers in the Quinnmancer thread, like ever.

Battle Hardened

Thinking

Yes ma'am, and thank you for the links, ma'am <3

Battle Hardened

Thinking

I just want "Quinn" to have his full name. My characters who have his as a companion doesn't show his full name and he is invisible in my stronghold for them. Thank the devs for not altering his hair to some weird style.

Lana should go out right now and get her hair changed into the exact same style with no ability to alter it and see how well it goes over on the forums. Fairness, after all..

I bet if they made her look all punk rock for no reason, as you say fairness...I bet the forums would explode even more.

I can see this place will be intolerable for the next few days.

Time for a vacation.

I do that from time to time, myself, even if it's just for a few hours or a day, just to get my head on straight. I get it.

Battle Hardened

Thinking

Ah, our SC, and voice of reason. This is for Malavai love, I guess we should keep it that way. The thing they did to Theron might get polarizing and I don't want to see our lovely people here at odds with each other. Love you guys no matter what you think about the hair. Taste is subjective; that said, I hope they give us customizations to make it how we prefer it.

So first they ruined Malavai and forced the white dude on my warrior on Iokath, and now they're turning Theron into a sh*thead? Why can't I have "my" men in the game looking nice and attractive, but have to suffer this?

I may sound like a drama queen now, but I really lost all interest in the future update. I'll just make sure I replay relevant KOTFE/ET chapters for nice screenies with Theron in not-red jacket before this happens, because I'm not sure sh*thead won't be default look even during replays. :(

I feel as you do. You're not a drama queen at all, I get it. Bioware plays fast and loose with our feelings, they don't seem to care about us fans. I like to have my men nice and attractive too. And having to suffer that haircut is going to be awful for me. It was horrible and inconsiderate of them to do that. :( Like you I worry that the customizations wouldn't even be enough, because they fuggle them up so bad all the time, like they did with Quinn. :(

I believe this screen shot shows my opinion of the new hair style while keeping this a Quinn thread...

This is the only way I can think of how to express my reaction to that hairstyle...

That about sums it up. Well, after about four hours of raging for me...then facepalm. :)

Agreeing to disagree and ignoring topics that aren't relevant to oneself should be the default setting of forum posters but it aint. Plus, no one gets to be rude to Quinnmancers in the Quinnmancer thread, like ever.

Yes ma'am, and thank you for the links, ma'am <3

We should strive to be respectful and understanding with each other here, after all it's our happy corner of the universe, so I agree. I've expressed my concerns about the hair elsewhere and will continue to do so...elsewhere, so we can return to our regularly schedules Quinnlove here.

Thanks for the understanding guys, it really did/does upset me. I hope things will be ok...this game is my quinnlove happy corner away from real life, but lately it hasn't been as happy as it could be.

*Quinnhugs all around* :o

Edited by Lunafox

Security Chief is concerned this forum is taking a turn away from Malavai Quinn towards Silver Theron / terrible hair Theron. Order needs to be restored!

Theron: But--

Quinn: No. This is still my thread. We established that months ago, with that Immortal Game of chess.

Theron: ... :(

Quinn: It's not like we don't still have sympathy for you...well, rather, that the Quinnmancers don't still have sympathy for you.

Theron: Well...all right, then. I'll be, uh, on Copero, evidently, trying to figure out what I'm even doing. And shunning mirrors for the rest of my life so I don't have to look at THAT.

Quinn: ... *makes sure nobody's listening in* ...don't worry, Theron.

Theron: Wha--?

Quinn: This outrage will die away in time. It did for me - mostly. As much as I hesitate to say it...you're among friends here.

Theron: ...why Major, if I didn't know better, I'd think you actually cared.

Quinn: *death glare*

Theron: Aaaand that's the Quinn I know! *flees*

Quinn: Well. He's (temporarily) gone. *nods* Good, now we can get back to normal-- *notices the entirety of the Quinnmancers watching* ...how long have you been standing there.

Long enough! :D

Quinn: ...YOU SAW NOTHING. *rapidly walks away, face reddening*

Quinn: No. This is still my thread. We established that months ago, with that Immortal Game of chess.

Quinn: It's not like we don't still have sympathy for you...well, rather, that the Quinnmancers don't still have sympathy for you.

Theron: Well...all right, then. I'll be, uh, on Copero, evidently, trying to figure out what I'm even doing. And shunning mirrors for the rest of my life so I don't have to look at THAT.

Quinn: This outrage will die away in time. It did for me - mostly. As much as I hesitate to say it...you're among friends here.

Quinn: Well. He's (temporarily) gone. *nods* Good, now we can get back to normal-- *notices the entirety of the Quinnmancers watching* ...how long have you been standing there.

And there's the Grand Admiral, making things better all ready. And Quinn...I'm touched, that was the most tender display of discreet affection I've seen, well, since we first spoke on the Fury. And I love you all the more for it, dear Purple Quinn. *waves tearfully* Bye for now, Silver Theron, I'll miss you. Come back when your hair has grown in...:(:p:o

I bet if they made her look all punk rock for no reason, as you say fairness...I bet the forums would explode even more.

Beh, they could turn Lana into a hideous lizard-person and I wouldn't care. Though I'd prefer her crazy stalker self jsut disappear altogether.

Taste is subjective; that said, I hope they give us customizations to make it how we prefer it.

I feel as you do. You're not a drama queen at all, I get it. Bioware plays fast and loose with our feelings, they don't seem to care about us fans. I like to have my men nice and attractive too. And having to suffer that haircut is going to be awful for me. It was horrible and inconsiderate of them to do that. :( Like you I worry that the customizations wouldn't even be enough, because they fuggle them up so bad all the time, like they did with Quinn. :(

But as you just said, taste is subjective. What you think is "nice and attractive" isn't always the same as what others might see. I LIKE the new style, but don't like some of the looks others choose for their comps. Doesn't make me right and them wrong or vice versa. It's just different tastes. It certainly doesn't give me the right to petition BW to get rid of the ones that aren't to my taste. And I don't see BW as "not caring about the fans" or being "inconsiderate" just because they change one character's hair that we don't even know is going to remain that way past the one chapter. That's...well...ridiculously overblown. Besides, Theron is an established character who has been written/designed a certain way by the person who originally thought him up probably for certain reasons. To me, it's like someone reading my fanfic and telling me that they hate gingers, so I need to change my main character to have blonde curly hair. Yes, this is a game with the ability to change comps' appearances, but that doesn't mean that BW is obligated to do so...especially with a character who quite possibly has a certain look for certain reasons (I'm assuming this, obviously).

We should strive to be respectful and understanding with each other here, after all it's our happy corner of the universe, so I agree. I've expressed my concerns about the hair elsewhere and will continue to do so...elsewhere, so we can return to our regularly schedules Quinnlove here.

Thanks for the understanding guys, it really did/does upset me. I hope things will be ok...this game is my quinnlove happy corner away from real life, but lately it hasn't been as happy as it could be.

*Quinnhugs all around* :o

Totally agree....I'm just honestly over all the raging over silly things like server names and hairstyles. Like oranganee, I'm about ready to call it done here.

Grand Admiral how would we survive in this thread without you? :D Purple Quinn sums it up - some of us also care for Theron (and silver Theron of course) some of us are shocked at his new look/hair (they better have the best reason - like it was a right of passage or something), HOWEVER our Prince Consort Malavai Quinn is always first and foremost in this thread :)

I just want "Quinn" to have his full name. My characters who have his as a companion doesn't show his full name and he is invisible in my stronghold for them. Thank the devs for not altering his hair to some weird style.

Agreed, this is really sloppy. I don't think this was done on purpose just not qualitative work. But they should correct that and give him his full name back.

Hopefully we will have at least some more interaction with Quinn in the future seeing that they kind of botched his reunion with the Wrath.

So, I'm actually a straight guy. I'm only here because my Juggernaut is a straight woman, and I felt that, after all the horrors I bestowed upon her in her background, she earned a pretty boy that would be devoted to her.

I've never been interested in Theron as a companion for any of my toons... hmm. Actually, my Scrapper might have been romancing him, but I don't remember (she's fickle). I'm actually real-world friends with Mark Meer... who does NOT voice Theron Shan (Tom Baker does) but he SOUNDS just like Theron Shan (for those not in the know, Mark is the voice of Male Commander Shepherd). It would just be a little too weird for me to be romancing/romanced by a guy I know.

As for Theron's hair... I think it's penance for whatever the hell it is he's doing. Sort of like sackcloth & ashes, but more drastic ...as it should be!

A lot of guys seem to think Lana is as hot as an Oricron trail... but not me. She's pasty and has weird eyes. If we had an option to put a crazy Punk hairdo on her... or, hell, change her face any way, I'd totally do that.

So, I'm actually a straight guy. I'm only here because my Juggernaut is a straight woman, and I felt that, after all the horrors I bestowed upon her in her background, she earned a pretty boy that would be devoted to her.

I've never been interested in Theron as a companion for any of my toons... hmm. Actually, my Scrapper might have been romancing him, but I don't remember (she's fickle). I'm actually real-world friends with Mark Meer... who does NOT voice Theron Shan (Tom Baker does) but he SOUNDS just like Theron Shan (for those not in the know, Mark is the voice of Male Commander Shepherd). It would just be a little too weird for me to be romancing/romanced by a guy I know.

As for Theron's hair... I think it's penance for whatever the hell it is he's doing. Sort of like sackcloth & ashes, but more drastic ...as it should be!

A lot of guys seem to think Lana is as hot as an Oricron trail... but not me. She's pasty and has weird eyes. If we had an option to put a crazy Punk hairdo on her... or, hell, change her face any way, I'd totally do that.

I can see why you wouldn't have your character go for someone who sounds like a real life friend lol. It's actually *Troy Baker :o Close...you get half a spiced cigar for effort. So happy to meet one of the few that doesn't think Lana is hot. And now you have me curious about your friend Mark Meer...gonna have to youtube some male Shepherd for me to hear this 'sound-a-like' . :D

On a funny aside, I thought...you know what? I'm going to run out and get a few things I need from Walmart, y'know, to take my mind off things here and lo and behold...what do I see before me...but Theron's hideous new do...on a woman. *turns wrists up* Just KMN. :p

Troy Baker ... not Tom. And come to think of it ... Mark Meer as Commander Shepard sounds nothing at all like Theron Shan to me. :p

Agreed, this is really sloppy. I don't think this was done on purpose just not qualitative work. But they should correct that and give him his full name back.

Hopefully we will have at least some more interaction with Quinn in the future seeing that they kind of botched his reunion with the Wrath.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the devs were aware that it was a big fat hairy disappointment? I might be ad libbing a bit, but does anyone know anything they've said about it? Maybe over the summer while I was gone?