Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

You know there's somethign totally wrong with the gameplay design when you have 7 (seven) different vendors per class using 3 different currencies to provide player with gear.

- 3 class tier vendors for PvE + 1 selling the CXP boosts

- 2 class tier svendors for PvP + 1 selling tier 1

That probably is the thing I find most annoying and (in a sense) insulting. And I don't care for their reasons, and I don't want to know which part of the crappy and outdated engine prevented them from scripting vendors in a less awful way... Damn, They did not even bother to rename some of the vendors and (unless already fixed) same copy-pasted Master Groj dressed in different robes sells stuff for PvP JK and PvP cons. Hellooo, people, do you even check your content before uploading?

Whoever thought that this thing is any 'casual-friendly' must be fired. Asap. Not to mention that I hardly see the need for the PvP\PvE separation now, when PvP stats had been removed.

Edited by NRieh

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, with new master mode chapters it is a reason for them to get top end gear - gear should never be a reason for epople to not do any content - if pople want the bis avaiable in game what seems to be the issue? what matters is what one do with it, if one is talented to do hm or nim ops, fine, if one isnt capable of doing it, but still wants the bis in game what is the problem?

Of course, I agree, anyone should be able to get BiS gear if they wish to. There are no restrictions. But it's something natural raiders needs to gear up that's why it should be more efficient way to get gear faster while running ops than running heroics for example. That's how it used to be like since the beginning. Hopefuly, BW won't change standards.

Using that logic, In 4.7 you were forced into operations because 216+ set gear and 224's were locked to that activity. In 5.1, you can do whatever you want and reach the best set pieces, but some ways are more efficient than others.

Stop making up stories. 216 could be bought with glowing crystals and 220 could be bought with radiant - I could get crystals in a variety of ways and thus get gear quicker MUCH faster than 5.x.

Only set bonus gear was tied to operations and no one needed that gear unless they wanted to do operations.

Do we need it now to so Master Mode activities? Possibly but that can't b e compared to previous to 5.x as there was no master mode. A better system would have been a mirror of the operation system of 4.x era with equivalent gear dropping from the master mode content as required by balance ( e.g. if only 220 SB is deemed required by master mode chapters/uprising then that is what they would drop as opposed to top end 224 SB ).

You didn't start getting SM-tier gear until you ran SM ops or had enough glowing data crystals. Now you get SM-tier gear out of every T1 box.

Ignoring bolster - 208 was easily enough for SM. 208/216/220 are equivalent to 230/234/240 gear. SM token drops were equivalent to Tier 2 with set bonus ( 216 ).

Isn't funny how you think this system is so much more simple but in tier 1 alone you get 228/230/230 gear green/blue/purple with the blue/purple mods having identical stats but the other purple parts being superior so you are stuck actually working out which parts are worth taking and which you should have disintegrated of course it's too late by then because you only know once you've claimed it.

228's and 230's aren't that different. 208's and 216's however...

228 non set bonus vs 230 set bonus - yeah not different at all :rolleyes:

Also 228 and 230 aren't comparable to 208 and 216 so keep on comparing those apples to those oranges.

I got the loony amount of pieces (yay GSF) and it works with GC gear. If you get unlucky with a piece, outside of PvP/GSF you can run ops which can be run on your alts as well to avoid the weekly lock.

You can run SM ops on your alts ( which arguably won't be geared - especially for casuals ) to get A CHANCE at an 230 SB piece which you could upgrade if you have enough tokens ( which is unlikely if you've been upgrading your mains gear first which would of course make more sense ).

Just typing it out makes it look exactly as ridiculous as it is - inferior to pre 5.x and thus not beneficial what so ever.

Maybe the game shouldn't be just about running ops to get another char to max gear. The benefits aren't in the time it takes to get gear, it's about how you get the gear.

There are no benefits - other than "yay I now have to click a button as opposed to going to a vendor". That is offset by RNG and time.

Also if you had much experience in gearing via ops pre 5.x you would quickly realize it's not all about the carrot but actually needing the better gear to do the harder content which then becomes "fresh" content in a sense keeping people paying and playing if that's what they are into ( seems many are hence the outcry over 5.x ).

Easier access to T1 gear, without the need to vendor shop or do operations.

You only had to do operations if you needed SB gear. Also only the interface part is easier - grinding 1 hour+ per RNG drop is not easier method of gearing.

Not saying that, though it's very much possible that it's faster now for the majority of players (not everyone ran NiM ops). I'm saying that doing the same ops over and over is a grind 5.0 addresses by making other content viable.

It will be faster for them to get gear they had no need of sure and they probably didn't even notice they didn't have nor need the gear. It is however incredibly slower for them to get the equivalent gear they would have used to do the same activities they enjoyed prior to 5.x

Who's providing this feedback about wanting more large group content? I have never been in an ops since my guild is too small to get 8 members together to do one, let alone 16 and no matter how long we wait in queue, we NEVER get an ops since they NEVER pop for pickup groups.

Well, if I can do it, you can do it aswell. You just don't want to. Are you a raider? I never understood non raiding people, seriously. Why do you need that gear? What for? For Master Mode operations (hardest content in the game) 236 rating is more than sufficient. I used to play this game just for raiding, and what do I get? I haven't seen any new raid instance since dec 2014. You get constant story content. What am I supposed to say at this point? Remember, you have a choice, you can either accept their methods or unsub. It's THAT simple. Raging will lead you nowhere.

236 gear "more" than sufficient for NiM? Lol.

Who's providing this feedback about wanting more large group content? I have never been in an ops since my guild is too small to get 8 members together to do one, let alone 16 and no matter how long we wait in queue, we NEVER get an ops since they NEVER pop for pickup groups.

They never really have. It's mostly accepted you go to fleet and join a group via their or your advertisements and jump in GF for the bonus once it's formed.

As most people pug in this method very few actually use GF for forming groups and thus no op pops.

Stop making up stories. 216 could be bought with glowing crystals and 220 could be bought with radiant - I could get crystals in a variety of ways and thus get gear quicker MUCH faster than 5.x.

Only set bonus gear was tied to operations and no one needed that gear unless they wanted to do operations.

Do we need it now to so Master Mode activities? Possibly but that can't b e compared to previous to 5.x as there was no master mode. A better system would have been a mirror of the operation system of 4.x era with equivalent gear dropping from the master mode content as required by balance ( e.g. if only 220 SB is deemed required by master mode chapters/uprising then that is what they would drop as opposed to top end 224 SB ).

Stop misreading my posts. I said 216 set gear and above was limited to ops as well as 224 gear in general, not 216 gear. The whole "you don't need it so why do you care" argument is dumb as hell. People care about advancing their gear in MMO's, that's one of the core principles.

Ignoring bolster - 208 was easily enough for SM. 208/216/220 are equivalent to 230/234/240 gear. SM token drops were equivalent to Tier 2 with set bonus ( 216 ).

I said SM gear, as in gear granted by SM. Of course Bolster meant you didn't require good gear.

Isn't funny how you think this system is so much more simple but in tier 1 alone you get 228/230/230 gear green/blue/purple with the blue/purple mods having identical stats but the other purple parts being superior so you are stuck actually working out which parts are worth taking and which you should have disintegrated of course it's too late by then because you only know once you've claimed it.

If the gear is useful you keep it, if it isn't you disintegrate it. Really not hard to understand.

228 non set bonus vs 230 set bonus - yeah not different at all :rolleyes:

Also 228 and 230 aren't comparable to 208 and 216 so keep on comparing those apples to those oranges.

You're the one who said "I could get good gear the moment I reached 65 with common data crystals/pvp comms". Guess what that gear is 208 which is equivalent to 220's, set bonuses aside. Getting 216 (equivalent to 230's) was much more restrictive in terms of content you had to run and complicated, as opposed to getting it from a box after doing whatever you want.

You can run SM ops on your alts ( which arguably won't be geared - especially for casuals ) to get A CHANCE at an 230 SB piece which you could upgrade if you have enough tokens ( which is unlikely if you've been upgrading your mains gear first which would of course make more sense ).

If you run an SM op on your GC lowbie alt then you get enough CXP to get a level or two. That's much more likely to get you the equivalent of SM gear than in 4.7.

Also if you had much experience in gearing via ops pre 5.x you would quickly realize it's not all about the carrot but actually needing the better gear to do the harder content which then becomes "fresh" content in a sense keeping people paying and playing if that's what they are into ( seems many are hence the outcry over 5.x ).

You still have that in 5.1.

You only had to do operations if you needed SB gear. Also only the interface part is easier - grinding 1 hour+ per RNG drop is not easier method of gearing.

To get T1 gear you don't need to grind 1 hour per crate, T2 maybe, T3 certainly. And "only had to do operations" is laughable. You said you didn't wanna be forced into content, what about the people who don't enjoy operations that much or don't have a lot of opportunities to run them?

It will be faster for them to get gear they had no need of sure and they probably didn't even notice they didn't have nor need the gear. It is however incredibly slower for them to get the equivalent gear they would have used to do the same activities they enjoyed prior to 5.x

It's not, unless you were a NiM raider.

I have no issues admitting GC has its faults (T1 set gear costs, small payout for PvP losses) but it's still better than what we had in 4.7.

Edited by Eli_Porter

isn't it so, that this system is suppose to give you the opportunity to get the pieces you're missing from your set? I mean like you get 3/6 from regular boxes and then, instead of hoping for the best for the following 200 cxp levels, you just buy the remaining ones? Isn't this what it's suppose to do?

Best regards,

Kalantris

5 - Warzone Win

2 - Warzone Loss

I'm pretty sure that yesterday night it's been 1 piece on loss for me. Am I missing something here?

I think I fall under 'casual PvPer'. I love SW&story, but I also enjoy healing, PvP and PvE alike (for different reasons). I don't min\max, but I try to follow gear&stat guides and know how my class works. Red Eclipse, pub-side, Sawbones, 4 parts of 230 purple set with rest of the gear being 230(mostly)\228... Yeah, I know, I got that lucky with my 25 random CXP boxes... :cool:

My total amount of bits per night (~2 hours) was 15. I've been mostly queing for WZs, with several attempts to find a group for a FP\Upr, some chats and GTN. I did not count the matches, but the win\loss seemed normal to me. May be even slightly luckier than usual at some point. It would take no less than a week to get a single piece of gear with this kind of rates for me. I'd call it very discouraging. Especially considering the recent bolster nerf. Less geared\experienced players must take it even harder.

The amount of Unassembled Components you need to get one piece of gear is really disproportionate. At least allow us to earn more for matches if the amount is to stay the same because this does not motivate me at all to continue doing PVP. It is completely out of balance with how much time and effort others put into operations, it should at least be at an equal level. In a sense PVP'ers are being punished now for not doing OPS as their way to get end game gear (from my point of view that is).

I'm pretty sure that yesterday night it's been 1 piece on loss for me. Am I missing something here?

I think I fall under 'casual PvPer'. I love SW&story, but I also enjoy healing, PvP and PvE alike (for different reasons). I don't min\max, but I try to follow gear&stat guides and know how my class works. Red Eclipse, pub-side, Sawbones, 4 parts of 230 purple set with rest of the gear being 230(mostly)\228... Yeah, I know, I got that lucky with my 25 random CXP boxes... :cool:

My total amount of bits per night (~2 hours) was 15. I've been mostly queing for WZs, with several attempts to find a group for a FP\Upr, some chats and GTN. I did not count the matches, but the win\loss seemed normal to me. May be even slightly luckier than usual at some point. It would take no less than a week to get a single piece of gear with this kind of rates for me. I'd call it very discouraging. Especially considering the recent bolster nerf. Less geared\experienced players must take it even harder.

its really to much - but i guess we are seing this from a diferent perspective then BW.

BW sees the pieces has complements to get what we miss, while we see the new vendors they introduced the only way to ger up properly.

althou its almost like: guys u are plying hte game we develop the worng way :(

ps: i got a 236MH yesterday - in the hope for me to get a 242MH i will have to do 50 WZ matches ..considering i win them..or do dread council nim, but its kinda tricky to do it now, and above all, to win the roll :)

The amount of Unassembled Components you need to get one piece of gear is really disproportionate. At least allow us to earn more for matches if the amount is to stay the same because this does not motivate me at all to continue doing PVP. It is completely out of balance with how much time and effort others put into operations, it should at least be at an equal level. In a sense PVP'ers are being punished now for not doing OPS as their way to get end game gear (from my point of view that is).

yes pvpers are being punished, because to obtain a single 236 item from hm ops, will shove off a lot of pvp matchs

5.1 is an utter nightmare. I tend to be on the forums more than most people do, yet the new gearing vendors left me utterly confused. Mumble was full of similar, or far worse, complaints over this new gearing cluster fluff.

Who on earth thought this was a good idea? Good GOD Bioware...I'm amazed by your continual ability to shock me with disappointment.

Who on earth thought this was a good idea? Good GOD Bioware...I'm amazed by your continual ability to shock me with disappointment.

Sometimes I swear I can see someone there with that Dodgeball quote:

I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal.

I don't see a real problem with the tokens here.

The Command tokens are ment to be an extra, a bonus, on top of the already existing rewards. You still get loads of crates to open while hunting for tokens which can contain the piece you're working for.

However my suggestion: Make crates drop legacy bound universal gear tokens instead of class and spec specific gear. Tier 1 tokens for basic crates, tier 2 for lvl 2 crates etc (this token should be tradeable for any single gear piece without requiring any other tokens and for any character within your legacy).

That way YOU can decide what you do with your token on whatever character in your legacy you like and this avoids getting frustrated with multiple drops of the same piece of gear on the same char that you end up vendoring or RE'ing AND this avoids having to play content with an undergeared fresh 70 when you already have multiple 70's and gearing up another character has become a chore.

If you lose a 4v4 match you only get one. The theory being that they take less time I suspect. I lost 2 last night that we lost 2-1. With two matches going into sudden death. Sure felt like it took just as long as an 8v8 Warzone match.

...this system is suppose to give you the opportunity to get the pieces you're missing from your set? I mean like you get 3/6 from regular boxes and then, instead of hoping for the best for the following 200 cxp levels, you just buy the remaining ones? Isn't this what it's suppose to do?

This is what I thought but in reality it's not. I have three tier one set pieces from the nightmare-boxes-of-mainly-useless-tat & thought the new system would allow me to get a fourth and bypass the RNG. I can't do this without a significant grind of warzones for the 150 unassembled components to buy the slot item from a vendor. I do not raid but I do occasionally PvP however this is an additional grind which is a load of crap. RNG might actually be quicker since no other content gives unassembled components.

I also discovered that for some inexplicable reason NONE of my current tier 1 set pieces will count towards being able to buy a piece at tier 2. With their new and "improved" system I have to now grind hundreds of unassembled components to re-buy all three tier one pieces I already have from a vendor because the current tier 1s I have are useless OR carry on with the ****-boxes-of-doom.

The whole thing is a mockery of a sham. How hard is it to just scrap the whole disaster an go back to crystals? All they had to do was add a higher crystal and tiered gear onto vendors, reserving the highest tiered items for those who succeed at the hardest content. This is what happens when people looking to keep their jobs (or get a promotion) try fixing things that aren't broken but refuse to admit their failure.

Edited by Sarova

Stop misreading my posts. I said 216 set gear and above was limited to ops as well as 224 gear in general, not 216 gear. The whole "you don't need it so why do you care" argument is dumb as hell. People care about advancing their gear in MMO's, that's one of the core principles.

People could advance their gear through crystals and in a nice timely fashion. If they wanted that set bonus gear they could have done so via operations. You are almost now trying to imply there was no gear progression for players unless they were doing operations?

What about PVP players? They could get their full set incredibly fast. Since they effectively stopped "advancing their gear" and this is an MMO did they just quit or did they enjoy being able to do the content with the gear designed for it and thus kept paying and playing?

Just because you think what MMOs should do doesn't mean they should do it that way.

I said SM gear, as in gear granted by SM. Of course Bolster meant you didn't require good gear.

Then your statement was blatantly false. You do not get SM equivalent drops out of every single T1 crate. I don't recall green gear or blue dropping from story mode operations, do you?

How are you going to twist this around to suit your argument this time I wonder...

If the gear is useful you keep it, if it isn't you disintegrate it. Really not hard to understand.

How do you know if it's useful until you grab it in the first place to compare the mods/enhancements to your other gear?

Nice job ignoring the mess that is the stats on the gear in the first place though. Inconvenient truth proving how more complex the system is than you want to make out.

You're the one who said "I could get good gear the moment I reached 65 with common data crystals/pvp comms". Guess what that gear is 208 which is equivalent to 220's, set bonuses aside. Getting 216 (equivalent to 230's) was much more restrictive in terms of content you had to run and complicated, as opposed to getting it from a box after doing whatever you want.

Why are you equating 216 to 230? 216 was ideally 2nd tier gear in the previous expansion with 220 being 3rd tier. You then had your better versions of said tier gear with set bonuses as you do in the tiers now. The very top end gear being the 224 NiM drops which are now equivalent to the special legendary drops of tier 3.

Also let's not forget the 228s we get in T1 - the most common drop.

If you run an SM op on your GC lowbie alt then you get enough CXP to get a level or two. That's much more likely to get you the equivalent of SM gear than in 4.7.

How is it much more likely? Have you not been paying attention to the drop rates of SB gear people are complaining about? Wow you just make this **** up as you go along don't you?

You still have that in 5.1.

Taking much longer and thus a negative of 5.x

To get T1 gear you don't need to grind 1 hour per crate, T2 maybe, T3 certainly. And "only had to do operations" is laughable. You said you didn't wanna be forced into content, what about the people who don't enjoy operations that much or don't have a lot of opportunities to run them?

I completely an entire operation, 2 hours the other night. I didn't ding 1 level from it ( rank 75 ). Oh wait right, you are implying I need to do a certain type of content that I probably don't want to do to make your stats correct? Pfft.

No one forced people into operations because unless you were doing operations you didn't need operations gear. Stop pretending like people did and stop pretending like they HAVE to have this gear progression.

I get you are probably new around here but do you know what one of the least popular topics on the forums has been over the years? "Please let us get set bonus gear from other sources than operations".

Feel free to dig out all the topics on this issue though since you seem to be implying it was a massively sought after change and that without the gear progression was just somehow lacking to the detriment of the game.

Like I said, you're making this up as you go along. It's funny reading though. :)

It's not, unless you were a NiM raider.

All gear is slower to get now. Fact.

I have no issues admitting GC has its faults (T1 set gear costs, small payout for PvP losses) but it's still better than what we had in 4.7.

To you and maybe 10 other people it is. To everyone else ( as demonstrated both on these forums and reddit ) that isn't the case. That and every time you've endeavoured to demonstrate a benefit you've failed miserably.

Oh wait no I lie - being able to click a box instead of going to a vendor is indeed easier and less complicated ( providing we take nothing else into consideration that I've mentioned ). Yup wow, this system is incredibly superior lol. ;)

Yes. No offence, but if you are clueless gear won't help you much.

This is true but unless you are your group are going to o everything flawlessly then the better gear is a requirement just to avoid enrage. To imply 236 is more than enough is a blatant exaggeration.

If you lose a 4v4 match you only get one. The theory being that they take less time I suspect. I lost 2 last night that we lost 2-1. With two matches going into sudden death. Sure felt like it took just as long as an 8v8 Warzone match.

And we are supposed to know about that...how exactly? OP has 'golden' numbers which are '2 tokens per warzone\loss'. Patchnotes do not have anything about 'cheaper' WZs. At some point I thought that (may be) it's about the amount of medals.

If it's all about time, then shouldn't we get even more for the Voidstar or Huttball?

Edited by NRieh

People could advance their gear through crystals and in a nice timely fashion. If they wanted that set bonus gear they could have done so via operations. You are almost now trying to imply there was no gear progression for players unless they were doing operations?

The best gear was locked behind operations, you had to do them to get the best gear. Was there gear progression outside of operations? Yes, but it was hard capped and far, far less efficient.

What about PVP players? They could get their full set incredibly fast. Since they effectively stopped "advancing their gear" and this is an MMO did they just quit or did they enjoy being able to do the content with the gear designed for it and thus kept paying and playing?

Since comms were transferable to your alts, you could keep gearing your other characters with PvP gear so progression was there. There was never a stop to progression for PvP in 4.7.

Then your statement was blatantly false. You do not get SM equivalent drops out of every single T1 crate. I don't recall green gear or blue dropping from story mode operations, do you?

216 non-set gear did drop in operations, in non-armoring mods and other pieces of gear. 228 is still really close to 230, so I consider it T1.

How do you know if it's useful until you grab it in the first place to compare the mods/enhancements to your other gear?

You hover over it and compare the stats.

Nice job ignoring the mess that is the stats on the gear in the first place though. Inconvenient truth proving how more complex the system is than you want to make out.

What mess? Comparing 4 lines of stats with 4 lines of stats?

Why are you equating 216 to 230? 216 was ideally 2nd tier gear in the previous expansion with 220 being 3rd tier. You then had your better versions of said tier gear with set bonuses as you do in the tiers now. The very top end gear being the 224 NiM drops which are now equivalent to the special legendary drops of tier 3.

Now you're just making up a tier system for 4.7 that didn't exist. Tiers exist in 5.x, and they are:

T1: 228/230

T2: 234/236

T3: 240/242

Since T3 drops in NiM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 224. Since T2 drops in HM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 220. Since T1 drops in SM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 216. Guess what didn't make the list? That's right, 208's.

How is it much more likely? Have you not been paying attention to the drop rates of SB gear people are complaining about? Wow you just make this **** up as you go along don't you?

You get showered with T1 gear (outside of sets, a problem I agree with), which is entry-level for HM ops. GC makes reaching HM entry gear way faster than in 4.7.

I completely an entire operation, 2 hours the other night. I didn't ding 1 level from it ( rank 75 ). Oh wait right, you are implying I need to do a certain type of content that I probably don't want to do to make your stats correct? Pfft.

Yes, there are more efficient ways to get CXP than Operations. Operations give other rewards, and are currently low on the CXP gain list. I said you didn't need to grind 1 hour per box, since if your goal is to grind CXP there are currently good methods to do so which meet the goal of 4k CXP per hour. Not to mention that the start of T1 is much more forgiving than the tail end of it in terms of leveling requirements.

No one forced people into operations because unless you were doing operations you didn't need operations gear. Stop pretending like people did and stop pretending like they HAVE to have this gear progression.

People don't gear up just because they need the gear, or else they would have stopped playing after beating every boss on NiM. People gear up because it's a progression system, a progression system which was locked to operations players only in 4.7.

Edited by Eli_Porter

The best gear was locked behind operations, you had to do them to get the best gear. Was there gear progression outside of operations? Yes, but it was hard capped and far, far less efficient.

As already established. Those not doing operations did not need the best gear. Need and want are two different things.

Since comms were transferable to your alts, you could keep gearing your other characters with PvP gear so progression was there. There was never a stop to progression for PvP in 4.7.

Subjective - that's only applicable where people would do so with alts and I'm sure many people had no interest in PVP gearing alts at all.

Also besides the point as people weren't doing PVP solely because they could get more PVP gear for alts. They would do PVP because they enjoy doing PVP.

216 non-set gear did drop in operations, in non-armoring mods and other pieces of gear. 228 is still really close to 230, so I consider it T1.

"It's sort of the same so I'm just going to call it the same" lol. So 216 crystal gear was sort of the same as the operations drop so that means we were getting operation gear from the vendors too right?

Heh messed up logic.

You hover over it and compare the stats.

That will only tell you the total stat breakdown, not by armor/mod/enhancement which you would need to be doing to get maximum benefit out of your GC drops.

What mess? Comparing 4 lines of stats with 4 lines of stats?

Blue mods are the same as purple mods but purple armor and enhancements are better than blue armor and enhancements. Thus purple isn't entirely an upgrade from blue in all cases. Also having both blue and purple gear using the same rating. Yup, nice and tidy :rolleyes:.

Now you're just making up a tier system for 4.7 that didn't exist. Tiers exist in 5.x, and they are:

T1: 228/230

T2: 234/236

T3: 240/242

Since T3 drops in NiM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 224. Since T2 drops in HM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 220. Since T1 drops in SM ops, we can compare it to its equivalent in 4.7 which is 216. Guess what didn't make the list? That's right, 208's.

Starting gear from the currency system ( as in the entire currency system, not just one select facet you chose to pick to suit your argument - ignoring PVP gearing for example ) was 208 from common crystals. Next tier up was from the improved currency of glowing crystals was 216. Up from there was the final top end currency system of radiant crystals which gave you 220 rating gear. From there you of course had better versions of each tier gear from various types of content such as HM FPs or Operations.

The system that replaced this currency has it's starting gear tier at 228 with a slightly better version in the 230s. Thus 208 being base gear prior to 5.x and 228 being base with the difference in operation being that 208 didn't have an upgraded version as the 216/220 did.

You get showered with T1 gear (outside of sets, a problem I agree with), which is entry-level for HM ops. GC makes reaching HM entry gear way faster than in 4.7.

You clearly don't raid. Only purple SB 230 gear will be entry level to HM ops and that does not get "showered" on you at all otherwise people wouldn't have such issues with the system and filling out their set bonus.

Yes, there are more efficient ways to get CXP than Operations. Operations give other rewards, and are currently low on the CXP gain list. I said you didn't need to grind 1 hour per box, since if your goal is to grind CXP there are currently good methods to do so which meet the goal of 4k CXP per hour. Not to mention that the start of T1 is much more forgiving than the tail end of it in terms of leveling requirements.

Most people would have a goal of having fun. Thus playing content they want to play and being rewarded accordingly. If doing that content means I get a crate every 2 hours ( if I'm lucky ) then that is the rate of the experience for me. Everyone elses milage will vary but clearly many people aren't having a fun time with it hence the overwhelmingly negative feedback towards 5.x gearing changes and how inferior they are to 4.x

People don't gear up just because they need the gear, or else they would have stopped playing after beating every boss on NiM. People gear up because it's a progression system, a progression system which was locked to operations players only in 4.7.

People or some people? Seems yet again you are endeavouring to shoe horn everyone into one category by implying what they "do".

As already established. Those not doing operations did not need the best gear. Need and want are two different things.

You clearly don't raid. Only purple SB 230 gear will be entry level to HM ops and that does not get "showered" on you at all otherwise people wouldn't have such issues with the system and filling out their set bonus.

And right now you can reach the non-SB gear way faster, and the SB gear slower but not by such a large margin anymore if you do SM ops.

People or some people? Seems yet again you are endeavouring to shoe horn everyone into one category by implying what they "do".

Subjective - that's only applicable where people would do so with alts and I'm sure many people had no interest in PVP gearing alts at all.

Also besides the point as people weren't doing PVP solely because they could get more PVP gear for alts. They would do PVP because they enjoy doing PVP.

You keep hammering in my assumptions on "people" yet you have no trouble doing the same. Regardless, GC is about encouraging players to play all content instead of focusing on one activity, and experienced PvP'ers who don't care about gear progression shouldn't be hindered by the 232 bolster change that much. Newbies who focus on PvP and want set bonuses can get the pieces they need albeit at a very slow rate right now compared with 4.7(which the devs agreed in the recent stream is a problem they want to address).

"It's sort of the same so I'm just going to call it the same" lol. So 216 crystal gear was sort of the same as the operations drop so that means we were getting operation gear from the vendors too right?

Yes, you were getting SM level non-SB gear from glowing data crystals. The advantage of picking your piece came at the price of a much slower rate than with GC crates, and you had to know which gear to get and where to get it through a maze of vendors.

That will only tell you the total stat breakdown, not by armor/mod/enhancement which you would need to be doing to get maximum benefit out of your GC drops.

Hover your gear, hover the gear in the crate. Make a choice. Not difficult.

Blue mods are the same as purple mods but purple armor and enhancements are better than blue armor and enhancements. Thus purple isn't entirely an upgrade from blue in all cases. Also having both blue and purple gear using the same rating. Yup, nice and tidy :rolleyes:.

Doesn't change the fact that you can just easily check the stats if the colors are confusing to you for some reason.

Starting gear from the currency system ( as in the entire currency system, not just one select facet you chose to pick to suit your argument - ignoring PVP gearing for example ) was 208 from common crystals. Next tier up was from the improved currency of glowing crystals was 216. Up from there was the final top end currency system of radiant crystals which gave you 220 rating gear. From there you of course had better versions of each tier gear from various types of content such as HM FPs or Operations.

The system that replaced this currency has it's starting gear tier at 228 with a slightly better version in the 230s. Thus 208 being base gear prior to 5.x and 228 being base with the difference in operation being that 208 didn't have an upgraded version as the 216/220 did.

Then using your logic 208 is 220 gear which drops like candy from bosses and is craftable for almost no materials.

Most people would have a goal of having fun. Thus playing content they want to play and being rewarded accordingly. If doing that content means I get a crate every 2 hours ( if I'm lucky ) then that is the rate of the experience for me. Everyone elses milage will vary but clearly many people aren't having a fun time with it hence the overwhelmingly negative feedback towards 5.x gearing changes and how inferior they are to 4.x

You are being rewarded accordingly, just not with CXP alone. Operations give lots of extra rewards.

Edited by Eli_Porter