SWTOR in the Life of a Casual

ENVISIONocity

I prefer the original class stories as well. However, I really REALLY want to get a trooper done all the way thru and into Endgame Land because apparently if you do a female trooper and have a love interest with Jorgan it's quite the emotional reunion when you get him back in the expansions and I want to see that.

My sorc is STILL waiting, very impatiently, to get her husband Andronikas back and she's not happy about it AT ALL.

It's looking like Dannarah, my current Marauder, will be my first alt to make the leap across the chasm that leads to Galactic Command. She's on Tattoine right now, following leads that will help her track down an intriguing and potentially dangerous padawan. However, she finds Malavai's brown-nosing a put-off. He seems a little too eager to please, and that's set her spidey senses on high alert. In any case, there's no love interest to be found there-- so I'm envious that your trooper will have that kind of reunion in KOTFE/KOTET. :rod_frown_p:

:sy_title: Are there any other similar reunions for Love Interests to be looked forward to for those who cross over? (Without spoilers, of course)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Corvibean!

Just like Envisionocity, I really enjoyed reading your story. And while I really dislike pink, and don't really care for pvp in this particular game, I could completely see myself doing pvp in pink with you guys!

And, as for end game, well, eh,I prefer the original class stories( I just started a new smuggler!)

That's what I did! Johnny Glitterati is a smuggler. I'm playing him a bit snarkier than I did the last one.

:sy_title: Are there any other similar reunions for Love Interests to be looked forward to for those who cross over? (Without spoilers, of course)

I'm not sure how the reunions with all the love interests play out. But, Vette, Torian, Kaliyo, and Aric are all in the expansions. I've never done the romance arc with any of them, so I have no spoilers to spoil. :p

I will say (as unspoilery as I can), there are some choices with some of the possible love interests in KOTET that I'm not sure how I'd handle now that I think about it. Hmmmm. I might have to level one and go that route to try it out. Yay for excuses for another alt!

It's looking like Dannarah, my current Marauder, will be my first alt to make the leap across the chasm that leads to Galactic Command. She's on Tattoine right now, following leads that will help her track down an intriguing and potentially dangerous padawan. However, she finds Malavai's brown-nosing a put-off. He seems a little too eager to please, and that's set her spidey senses on high alert. In any case, there's no love interest to be found there-- so I'm envious that your trooper will have that kind of reunion in KOTFE/KOTET. :rod_frown_p:

I did the exact same thing recently. I took my smuggler and have almost finished KOTR. I will probably do Fallen Empire soon. The main reason is I like the female smuggler voice and I really did not worry about Corso and company too much.

I am an altoholic like you. I am on my fourth playthrough with all classes. I have even come up with a class by class planet storyline order on most planets (Other than Nar Shadaa, Quesh and the intro planets). If you ever want to try and those in chronological order by class, then I can post it for you again.

On your dark and light characters, a full dark Knight or Consular is kinda different, similar to a full light sith. I still have to finish full light, but I have done full dark on the knight. Trying to figure out what I want to do on fifth playthrough as I am doing heroics now in addition to class stories this time. Good luck.

Well, Christien mentioned the love interests that come back, and as the story person I am, I've romanced most, but not all of them. what I think is a bit sad, is that they don't really say all that much, after the chapters they come back in:/

And, Christien, I shall both buff and possibly throw a snowball at Johnny if I run into him!

Edited by djungelvraaal

Hit 70 on the penultimate KOTFE chapter. Finished that first story now and very happy with that, but better than that, I've now got my Galactic Command menu! I'd started grinding the Alliance crates when I got to them, with Heroics, but I really felt I was missing out on my story fix. I went and tried a Flashpoint via group finder and ruined half an hour of three other people's time by not knowing what I was doing, as apparently I was tanking, despite not checking that box.

Now I can do Story Mode FPs! :D My former main Smuggler never got to max level back when I'd been first playing the game, so I did miss out on a lot of those parts of the story, and there's been a lot of them added since (well, there's been some added) and it's really great to get to be able to go through these at my own pace, enjoy the story and for the most part not have to worry too much about the challenge. Being lvl 70, I'm also getting in on the GCXP shenanigans.

The random chance aspect of the Command Crates is a controversial subject, already being changed, but I've gotten some gear upgrades, and been earning the xp fairly quickly. Doing Flashpoints and Heroics has helped, as have the recruitment missions I'd skipped up til finishing KOTFE. Bowdar and the Eternal Championship have been helping tremendously with that, as I'm damn terrible at those fights, but every time I quit and cash in I get my CXP for both the championship and the recruitment, I think. Snowballs are also a good way to level that up. I wonder what the tokens will bring?

I've taken my LS Sith Warrior who married Vette through KotFE and there was a nice reunion with her, followed by a surprising conversation with Lana (who I'd been getting busy with). I'm only about half way through chapter 4 of KotET so I don't know how it'll play out with the "decision" in this expansion, but I'm anxious to find out. :D

What a lovely thread! :)

I too am a casual player of SWTOR. I used to do some operations and war-zones when the game first came out, but that was because we were on the Oceanic servers, and everyone knew everyone. It was a real tight-knit community back before people started to leave the game due to falling numbers. When Bioware shut down the Oceanic servers and moved us all over to the US servers, we lost a lot of that small town friendliness.

But enough of that. I too have avoided playing KotFE on my original characters--and for similar reasons: first, you lose contact with your companions, and may never get them back; second, you had better finish up everything in the story-line beforehand, or you'll never get to play them again. So, I've only played KotFE on alts that I'm not keeping around.

As for weird player behaviour, I've got a few.

When sending companions on crew skill missions, I will often read the text and assign by personality. For example, I will never send Nadia Grell on a diplomatic mission that is clearly dark-sided. Vette tends to get missions that involve some kind of a heist. Felix Iresso gets his fill of parades and heroic stunts. Malavai Quinn gets anything that serves Imperial interest. Of course, not every companion gets a perfect fit, so sometimes Felix Iresso might have to bodyguard a Hutt or deliver swill to the galaxy. Haha.

This works in reverse too. If I don't like the companion, they get to do dog-duty. Skadge, for example, gets any mission that sounds nasty, dirty, or just plain unpleasant.

Oh, and if a companion fails a mission, I like to send them out to do it again--just so they can get it right this time around. Haha.

But enough of that. I too have avoided playing KotFE on my original characters--and for similar reasons: first, you lose contact with your companions, and may never get them back; second, you had better finish up everything in the story-line beforehand, or you'll never get to play them again. So, I've only played KotFE on alts that I'm not keeping around.

I don't know if you knew this or not, but there is a terminal you can claim all your "lost" companions with if you want them all back. However, they won't be part of the story, and won't be available to run KoTFE or KOTET chapters, unless they actually came back into the story by then. I have not done this on any of the characters I have done the expansion with. For me, I need to have them back the "right" way, if that makes sense. Just showing back up to summon, without a reunion, to me is just not right.

As for the missions, I admit I've never really read the descriptions, I think I need to check them out now.

Glad you joined our conversation!

What a lovely thread! :)

I too am a casual player of SWTOR. I used to do some operations and war-zones when the game first came out, but that was because we were on the Oceanic servers, and everyone knew everyone. It was a real tight-knit community back before people started to leave the game due to falling numbers. When Bioware shut down the Oceanic servers and moved us all over to the US servers, we lost a lot of that small town friendliness.

As for weird player behaviour, I've got a few.

When sending companions on crew skill missions, I will often read the text and assign by personality. For example, I will never send Nadia Grell on a diplomatic mission that is clearly dark-sided. Vette tends to get missions that involve some kind of a heist. Felix Iresso gets his fill of parades and heroic stunts. Malavai Quinn gets anything that serves Imperial interest. Of course, not every companion gets a perfect fit, so sometimes Felix Iresso might have to bodyguard a Hutt or deliver swill to the galaxy. Haha.

This works in reverse too. If I don't like the companion, they get to do dog-duty. Skadge, for example, gets any mission that sounds nasty, dirty, or just plain unpleasant.

Oh, and if a companion fails a mission, I like to send them out to do it again--just so they can get it right this time around. Haha.

Welcome! I really like your idea of companion missions:D I haven 't even thought about doing it that way, but I just might now.

On a different note" what did you do friday?" "Oh, well, I spent friday evening throwing snowballs at Kaliyo, how about you?"

On a different note" what did you do friday?" "Oh, well, I spent friday evening throwing snowballs at Kaliyo, how about you?"

I have to make an admission: *taps mic* "Is this thing on?"

"I... loathe.... Kaliyo." There, I said it. LOL

For me it would be, "I spent Friday evening incinerating Kaliyo."

I don't know if you knew this or not, but there is a terminal you can claim all your "lost" companions with if you want them all back. However, they won't be part of the story, and won't be available to run KoTFE or KOTET chapters, unless they actually came back into the story by then. I have not done this on any of the characters I have done the expansion with.

I only got one companion back through the terminal, Mako for one of my BH's, since as a healer( my only healer) I didn't really want to level another companion up to the level I have her at, for doing heroics and things like that.

I have to make an admission: *taps mic* "Is this thing on?"

"I... loathe.... Kaliyo." There, I said it. LOL

For me it would be, "I spent Friday evening incinerating Kaliyo."

Awww, she's my favourite companion!( also, the spell check here, doesn't like british spelling, just letting you all know)

Although, I can completely see why people don't like her.

I only got one companion back through the terminal, Mako for one of my BH's, since as a healer( my only healer) I didn't really want to level another companion up to the level I have her at, for doing heroics and things like that.

There is that. I need to go back and look to see if any of my unclaimed ones on my expansion toons are higher influence than what I currently have.

Awww, she's my favourite companion!( also, the spell check here, doesn't like british spelling, just letting you all know)

Although, I can completely see why people don't like her.

I would say, my favorite (American version :p) companion on the agent alternates between 2. Believe it or not, Quinn is one. Without being all spoilery, I like the conflict in his story-line, and the conflict that he goes through with it. The other is Vector. I just find his character fascinating, and the voice acting for his part is stellar.

I would say, my favorite (American version :p) companion on the agent alternates between 2. Believe it or not, Quinn is one. Without being all spoilery, I like the conflict in his story-line, and the conflict that he goes through with it. The other is Vector. I just find his character fascinating, and the voice acting for his part is stellar.

I think Quinn is a tad annoying, but I do like Vector!

I think Quinn is a tad annoying, but I do like Vector!

He is. He's just one of those characters that makes me think though. "What would I do in his shoes?" "What would it be like to be caught between a dark council member and my character?" Etc. And, if a character in a game can get me thinking, it's a good thing.

Kaliyo... when I'm playing a character that is just all about wild abandon, no morals, and general mayhem, I will play with her. However, that's not how my agents usually end up developing. Hmmmm... Maybe it's time I try a loose-cannon agent from hell. LOL