When all threads are negative, it's bad.

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there was much more debate back then. Now everyone is pretty much universally against the gearing change.

No, it was pretty much the same, along with the usual suspects.

The "cancelled" threads, the "who else is cancelling" threads, the "game is dead" threads, the usual circle jerk. None of this is new.

Edited by Vember

No, it was pretty much the same, along with the usual suspects.

The "cancelled" threads, the "who else is cancelling" threads, the "game is dead" threads, the usual circle jerk. None of this is new.

Would you be the usual suspect as well? Seems likely based on your posting. So does that make your view carry less weight as well, as you seem to be implying about theirs?

I think attacking a poster is a way of admitting you have nothing else and can't defeat their arguments. The issue is this random gearing hurts the game, it hurt guilds and it hurts progression. It also hurt PvP ny adding an imbalance that can't be made up for except by luck...which sucks as a balancing method.

No, there was much more debate back then. Now everyone is pretty much universally against the gearing change.

I wasn't subbed at that point, but I kept an eye on the forum. This ^ was the impression I got.

Not that I think proving this will change anything. People need to accept SWTOR is now a Chinese grinder.

Every mmo forum I go on that is not heavily moderated and censored is predominantly negative because happy people are playing the game, only the annoyed ones are motivated to seek out some sort of outlet for their annoyance thus the forums largely become a self-reinforcing echo chamber of like minded people who want to gripe. Those who have no gripe either never come to the forums or have no comment to make. The few who do say they are happy are shot down as white knights and fan bois.

The unhappy people on the forum see only other unhappy people and think that means they are the majority. That is not necessarily so, it might be but it is not a given. If the metrics do show a substantial drop in activity in game, then the forums might be right.

Also, forums tend to be self-selected toward the more devoted and intense players who are heavily invested in their toons. The masses of truly casual players never come here, ever. Even some of the people I used to raid with before I got sick of raiding never came here. But those masses are the ones who keep the lights on with their spending on the game. If they go away and only the forum denizens are left, the game will die due to lack of sufficient income.

Personally I have not played the new content and GC enough to reach a personal conclusion one way or the other. I reserve judgement until I have personally tested the system and given it a fair chance, which means more than a week, I will give them time to monitor and adjust over several months and then decide whether to leave or stay.

it is entirely possible that I am just easy to please but I truly don't understand why the RNG aspect is such a scandal.

the loot drops are always random anyway so this is really no different.

if anything this command makes it easier to gather gear as what drops will always be relevant to you current discipline. about the rng over the quality?

again no different from random boss drops.

well it seems obvious enough to me, but apparently it is not. so I offer a friendly reminder!

NOT EVERY DROP SHOULD BE AN EASY PURPLE!

I mean yeesh! I get that this kind rage is a daily occurrence on the internet I guess but talk about an overreaction.

Edited by MelodyofLegends

Why do you have it in your signature? Drama queening out? Just leave if you're unhappy.

If you saying that bad things are bad - it doesn't mean you are drama queen. It's calling things by their proper names.

White knights will never understand this.

If Bioware will give them horse s***t on a plate and will state that this is steak - Knights will gladly eat it. Becouse Bioware cannot be wrong. Right aussie? :rolleyes:

If you saying that bad things are bad - it doesn't mean you are drama queen. It's calling things by their proper names.

If Bioware will give them horse s***t on a plate and will state that this is steak - Knights will gladly eat it. Becouse Bioware cannot be wrong. Right aussie? :rolleyes:

I think she was referring to a person that put in their sig that they cancelled their sub yet still post all over the forums. I would agree, that's a sign of a drama queen.

Just because someone disagrees with your butthurt doesn't make them white knights.

BW can be wrong. I've unsubbed a few times. I was a founder. I just go and unsub. Boom done. I've done the same with wow. I've never posted or announced that I was unsubbing at the time because who really cares if I sub or not? Do you? I'm sure you don't. I wouldn't care. I'm not a white Knight. ...I just have a drama queen sister so I'm usually at my max of drama queen bs. There are reasons to not be happy about the game. I'm not happy that CS won't answer my ticket about not receiving shae. Yes I qualified. I got her customizations but not her. I'm pretty darned annoyed but do you care that I didn't get shae? Probably not. I had to pay money into skype so I could call the usa to make sure I had my sub rewards after a glitch. Then I end up getting a bug that thinks I have shae when I don't. Anyway, hopefully they address the issues tomorrow. If they don't I won't be white Knighting anything.

Except that a very small portion of the total population posts on the forums. It's about the same 100 or so people with the same issues who seem to never un-sub.

Yes, and that's why the game population is a shell of itself only 12 months ago, not to mention how it has been on a steep decline since launch.

So some people must be unsubbing and leaving the game or we wouldn't have empty servers. :rolleyes:

Bw doesnt care about the remaining 10% of the population that actively play and sub to this game because they are the same people who have been subbed through years of abuse. If you didnt unsub because 2.0 was super bad and you didnt unsub because 3.0 was awful and you didnt unsub because 4.0 was garbage, than why would they care if you are complaining on the forums about 5.0? Edited by Miggzy

People always keep saying this. In January 2012, this was said a lot - as 75% of the player base left.

Here is another take to consider, sometimes a small vocal minority can actually represent the feelings of the majority.

Ask Donald Trump how this works in him becoming our next President.

Ask BW how this worked in the Tortanic era.

Ah Tortanic! I miss that little Jawa! R.I.P.

To be honest, I'm not sure why this bad expansion hasn't made the gaming press or review sites. It's obvious to most of the community that this is a major failure on so many fronts, that it actually shadows any of the good parts of the expansion.

It really shows how bad the gaming media is.

Read my signature. It's already done.

But enduring it for 5 years? Just wow.

I mean, I've been away for 5 years, played a bit at launch, got to max level and left and just recently returned to this cluster-eff that the game is in. I wouldn't endure what you're describing for 5 years.

Not even close. It's laughable you'd even make that comparison.

Yes, it's a lot worse than a chinese grinder. I loved rep grinding in RO cb1. I logged out of SWTOR the moment i finished KotET story. You're quite right that the comparison is laughable.