KOTET opinion and Vette or Torian choices (SPOILERS)

Swingkittie

I saved Vette cuz you know, she's Vette and so damned adorable & loveable. Plus Torian is a Mando. I always figured right till the very end he might somehow save himself. That decision is brutal. I'll prolly be 50/50 on this choice with my other classes. Sith Warrior will always save Vette. BH will save Torian. IA is indifferent could go with either.

Vette, always. I like her more than Torian. From my female LS SW's perspective, they were very close during the class story, Vette referred to her as an older sister and pledged her loyalty again when they met up on chapter 13 - there's no way my SW would leave her behind.

From a LS perspective, my character's going to help the person who is least likely to be able to help themselves. Torian's a Mando, and all things considered, he probably had a much better chance to fight his way out of a bad situation than Vette did.

And from a DS perspective, I've got a lot of great military minds at the base- Aygo, Aric Jorgan, Pierce, Rusk and several others. Vette's skill set isn't as common.

It is a horrible choice, and I'm sure BW deliberately picked some of the most likeable companions in the game for it, to make the decision that much more difficult. I didn't blink twice about killing Kaliyo or Senya/Arcann, but this one was different.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Vette has her dark moments. One of her lines is kill them all, when you get into Rishi slaver area. :)

Vette also immediately wants to kill Quinn during That Scene, doesn't give SCORPIO any help when she's pleading for her life, and approves when you kill off numerous other NPCs. If it's someone who picks on the little guy or is disloyal or disrespectful, she's fine with your knocking them off, and she'll help.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

How so? Theron Shan , Lana Beniko and others in the base can slice computers. Gault can steal. So what makes Vette so "unique" ?

She's a good escape artist, is able to break into places others can't because she's physically small enough to get through the tunnels, and in the SW storyline she is literally the only person in the Sith Academy, including all of the Darths and Sith Lords, that can unseal one of the tombs.

She's a good escape artist, is able to break into places others can't because she's physically small enough to get through the tunnels, and in the SW storyline she is literally the only person in the Sith Academy, including all of the Darths and Sith Lords, that can unseal one of the tombs.

One problem: KOTET is not SW class story, if there was a tomb with traps and stuff in KOTET i'm sure Talos Drellik could unseal it.

One problem: KOTET is not SW class story, if there was a tomb with traps and stuff in KOTET i'm sure Talos Drellik could unseal it.

No, it's not, but it just adds to the point that especially when playing the SW, one can see how the player would feel she has skills that are useful above the other choice. Plus, Vette does have more combat ability than Talos.

No, it's not, but it just adds to the point that especially when playing the SW, one can see how the player would feel she has skills that are useful above the other choice. Plus, Vette does have more combat ability than Talos.

By other skills you mean twilek dance? Cause honestly i don't see how or why is Vette superior to Torian

At this point I knew it was going to be one dies. I thought of Torian at Darvannis that scene where something had to be blown up but it was *His guys right next to that and what he said "They're Mandolorian, there is no choice" this meant they knew the victory may require their death. Now we're at a very similar event and decision and it IS Torian himself. He is Mandolorian and knew the same as His people did on Darvannis; that being said I chose to save Vette. Torian's death brought about the death of Vaylin a worthy cause, it meant victory. In the short time Torian had as an accredited Mandolorian He achieved something spectacular. Shae's letter to me was quite moving and also inline with my final thoughts on this. Personally in this event I was sitting here thinking "Why the **** am I talking to her and not *Quick drawing and shooting??? atleast I coulda distracted that ******* crazy and Comic Book evil character. I've had that issue before but this is a story based game so I understand and not all eight class's would be able to fit. I do have a Holo statue of Torian in my Gunslingers Stronghold; we remember our fallen.

Save both? Tell Arcann to go save Torian while the Outlander and Senya save Vette?

See, this would be the logical choice. But the story was written by the Trooper writer, and for whatever reason, he's in love with nonsensical "either-or" situations. Choices don't "matter" because no matter what you choose, exactly one of them will die and exactly one of them will live.

That said, I tend to pick Vette, for the reasons MikeCobalt mentioned above. Though it's still a shame Torian has to be sacrificed to poor writing. I hope that's considered an equally worthy foe for a Mandalorian.

I let Torian live twice ( really, what other decision could my BH make?)

and I let Vette live twice ... I don't have a warrior, so didn't have that going on ....

I only have 4 toons to work --- it was tough, but I am ok with the decisions ...... and I watched YouTube first, so I cheated kinda ...

used to try and figure out just how I could save everyone ( remember the new Havoc squad ? ) ... after the game killed

them all off irregardless of what I did, I said -- "ok then, I learned something" ...... if the game wants someone to die, someone will die ... just have to decide who....

for fun I made my JK go with Empire in Iokath line -- we will see what happens, but again, it's a choice I'll be ok with anyway -- I have played it "safe" for years -- want to live dangerously and do something totally out of character for a JK -- and I guess I did it ... so the OP is not the only one who did what was perhaps not the most popular choice; sometimes you just have to jump off of that cliff and fly

Save both? Tell Arcann to go save Torian while the Outlander and Senya save Vette?

Or, you know, Arcann and Senya both go save one while you go save the other. The Outlander is one of the best fighters in the galaxy. If they can't handle a few Skytroopers or Knights by themselves at this point...

Plus (depending on who you've recruited in Alliance Alert missions), you've already run across at least Yuun, Pierce/a generic Alliance trooper (still don't know why this isn't M1-4X, BTW), and Nico Okarr. Any of those guys could've come along with the Outlander if (s)he really needed backup.

Or, you know, Arcann and Senya both go save one while you go save the other. The Outlander is one of the best fighters in the galaxy. If they can't handle a few Skytroopers or Knights by themselves at this point...

Plus (depending on who you've recruited in Alliance Alert missions), you've already run across at least Yuun, Pierce/a generic Alliance trooper (still don't know why this isn't M1-4X, BTW), and Nico Okarr. Any of those guys could've come along with the Outlander if (s)he really needed backup.

Yeah, that's right you pick up several people along this phase, surely one of them could have tagged along with the player while the other two save the second victim. Hell I'll even take the generic trooper as a temp-companion.

I am thinking about returning companions such as Risha Akaavi and Mako.

If you spare Torian then Mako will be with you and it is important for the romance if you let him live for Mako.

She can be like Elara to be angry and broke you up if you let Torian dies.

I am going to do the same thing as I did for the Trooper for my BH to let Torian live to be with Mako again.

We don't know how she will react for your decisions in KOTFE, KOTET and witch side you took in Iokath.

Risha and Akaavi might have a opinion for these companions. Such as Risha worked together with Vette and maybe Akaavi and Torian were together but in two different clans.

Yeah, even if you don't have Arcann and Senya, there are quite a few others in the Alliance who should have been capable of going after the second person.

The only thing I can think of is, if you try to take the opposite path (say, you choose to save Vette but run along the path to Torian), there's a large metal wall blocking the road, as if the Skytroopers have deployed a roadblock. I'm sure it's the same if you choose to save Torian but try to go down Vette's road. It's possible that's why no one goes to help the other person; they're blocked off. But Arcann and Senya, as powerful as they are, should easily be able to Force-leap a wall.

My warrior never let Vette out of the collar and shocked her every time she opened her mouth. When the time came he saved Torian even though he barely knew him. Then he stood over Vette's corpse and laughed at Vaylin for thinking he would care that she died.

F**k Vette, they try way too hard to make you like her.

This choice is ridiculous. For damn no reason there are two mighty fighters who can beat a small army by themselves - Senya and Arcann. And my character just the same. Why not split our forces and save both? Stupid. At least, we could've help both Vette and Torian survive long enough for reinforcment arrival.

What Senya, what Arcann, I slaughtered them both.

Arcann because he turned me into a popscicle, destroyed planets just to get answers and overall tried to kill me.

Senya... colateral damage, I guess ?

Plus, it was my Sith Inquisitor, master of the Dark Side and, while not Stupid Evil (I made a lot of Light Side choice because I felt they were more pragmatic than just "SLAUGHTER THEM ALL" or just because I saw no gain in killing), nor heartless (after all, the very Passion that fuel the Dark Side needs a heart to grow), she wasn't kind : Arcann was a complete monster, my opponent and it was too much of a risk to even consider letting him live. Even if we admit that he will have a redemption, being a selfish Dark Side user, I could not allow a rightful heir to MY throne, especially since he would be on the opposite end of the Force spectrum. He had to die. Senya betrayed me for his salvation. Motherly love is understandable... but she shown to whom she was really loyal. It was not me, so she died.

Either way, all this is to say that having "on man armies backup that makes this choice stupid" not a certeinty. I had no backup for this situation... And even then, the choice isn't so stupid. This is war, against a powerful and mercyless opponent. I had just provoked the most fearsome ennemy I ever met to come and get me, she could appear at any corner and I should spread my forces thin to save one person ?

Sure, this is to save myself, but hey, I am the Commander of the Alliance. Even if I approach the situation with self sacrifice, my status makes me important. If I fall, the Alliance fall and, with it, Vette AND Thorian. Should I gamble with the fate of the galaxy for just ONE person I just MIGHT save ? Because, yeah, we end up saving one, but at the time of the message, their situation is pretty dire... either could die while I'm on my way to save them.

A sacrifice it is then.

As for the choice itself, I'm with the team "Torian is a better political choice". As a selfish Sith, I need influential allies : Torian is one, Vette is not. As a Jedi or a benevolant kind, I need to forget my personnal feelings and go for the greater good. In the end, saving Vette is only selfish... and that's why, I think, BW try to force you to care for her so much.

The only thing I can think of is, if you try to take the opposite path (say, you choose to save Vette but run along the path to Torian), there's a large metal wall blocking the road, as if the Skytroopers have deployed a roadblock. I'm sure it's the same if you choose to save Torian but try to go down Vette's road. It's possible that's why no one goes to help the other person; they're blocked off. But Arcann and Senya, as powerful as they are, should easily be able to Force-leap a wall.

Oh yeah, they technically make it impossible to get to both of them, because they don't want you to save both - but on that base, in reality...with all of the military minds and Force users, there should have been someone who could get to the second person even if a wall or a roadblock were in the way. I killed Arcann and Senya, so they're not in the picture, but people like Xalek, Bowdaar, Broonmark were still available, and they were all strong enough to perhaps mount a rescue mission. Or heck, send someone from the Gravestone, since it's free...

Arcann because he turned me into a popscicle, destroyed planets just to get answers and overall tried to kill me.

Plus, it was my Sith Inquisitor, master of the Dark Side and, while not Stupid Evil (I made a lot of Light Side choice because I felt they were more pragmatic than just "SLAUGHTER THEM ALL" or just because I saw no gain in killing), nor heartless (after all, the very Passion that fuel the Dark Side needs a heart to grow), she wasn't kind : Arcann was a complete monster, my opponent and it was too much of a risk to even consider letting him live. Even if we admit that he will have a redemption, being a selfish Dark Side user, I could not allow a rightful heir to MY throne, especially since he would be on the opposite end of the Force spectrum. He had to die. Senya betrayed me for his salvation. Motherly love is understandable... but she shown to whom she was really loyal. It was not me, so she died.

Either way, all this is to say that having "on man armies backup that makes this choice stupid" not a certeinty. I had no backup for this situation... And even then, the choice isn't so stupid. This is war, against a powerful and mercyless opponent. I had just provoked the most fearsome ennemy I ever met to come and get me, she could appear at any corner and I should spread my forces thin to save one person ?

Sure, this is to save myself, but hey, I am the Commander of the Alliance. Even if I approach the situation with self sacrifice, my status makes me important. If I fall, the Alliance fall and, with it, Vette AND Thorian. Should I gamble with the fate of the galaxy for just ONE person I just MIGHT save ? Because, yeah, we end up saving one, but at the time of the message, their situation is pretty dire... either could die while I'm on my way to save them.

A sacrifice it is then.

As for the choice itself, I'm with the team "Torian is a better political choice". As a selfish Sith, I need influential allies : Torian is one, Vette is not. As a Jedi or a benevolant kind, I need to forget my personnal feelings and go for the greater good. In the end, saving Vette is only selfish... and that's why, I think, BW try to force you to care for her so much.

You have two people with you regardless (Arcann / Senya or Lana / Theron) of how chapter 1 turned out, surely it would of made sense to have been given an option to send someone to go save the other person, now granted if you send the 'weaker' one of the two groups, then sure, Vette or Torian are stuffed ... but if you send the 'stronger' one of the two, then they rescue X person.

I agree with your decision to save Torian though.

[...]

But see, this right here? This would have been an actual way to make "choices matter". Build up a powerful and extensive Alliance, and show forgiveness to your allies, and you'd have the resources you need to save them both. Be merciless and isolate yourself, and you're forced to save only one...or, heck, maybe even lose out on both in certain conditions.

Instead, no matter what you do in Chapter VIII, and no matter what you did in the previous chapter, the context is always the exact same. Save Vette and Torian dies, or save Torian and Vette dies. That is why the choice is stupid.

[...]

But see, this right here? This would have been an actual way to make "choices matter". Build up a powerful and extensive Alliance, and show forgiveness to your allies, and you'd have the resources you need to save them both. Be merciless and isolate yourself, and you're forced to save only one...or, heck, maybe even lose out on both in certain conditions.

Instead, no matter what you do in Chapter VIII, and no matter what you did in the previous chapter, the context is always the exact same. Save Vette and Torian dies, or save Torian and Vette dies. That is why the choice is stupid.

Now that's a good point I could get behind ^^

I tend to forgive some bad execution in KOTFE and KOTET because SWTOR is a MMO, but yeah, I wouldn't have in a Mass Effect title.