KOTET opinion and Vette or Torian choices (SPOILERS)

Swingkittie

My warrior saved Torian. I could never forget how cold Vette reacted when they met after those 5 years in carbonite. It was as if she wasn't happy at all. So too bad.

PS: all my legacy is saving Torian, because he's been way more useful than her so far.

My warrior saved Torian. I could never forget how cold Vette reacted when they met after those 5 years in carbonite. It was as if she wasn't happy at all. So too bad.

PS: all my legacy is saving Torian, because he's been way more useful than her so far.

Really? More useful than stockpiling your credit account so you can afford everything you need?

Well, as a male bounty hunter who was close friend with Torian, I still chose Vette. They're both great characters in my opinion and I liked them both, but at the moment I just thought Torian would be more capable of lasting longer, he is a Mandalorian after all, has more resources at his disposal and knows how to fight better than Vette. I chose to save her first and I thought Torian would understand that. He didn't take it as well as I expected him too and I was really saddened after Shae's letter.... in some moments I couldn't even believe I chose Vette over him because so far BH is the only storyline I played through fully, I don't know much about Vette except what time I had with her in KOTFE and KOTET, but still..... I think my BH character would consider Torian to be more likely to survive longer in that situation than Vette, so he made a decision and went for her first. It was emotional, but there is no going back now.

I am thinking about their connections for future companions who are going to be returned like Elara and Malavai to Iokath. That you have to decide again witch faction and companion you have to be with.

Vette might know where Risha is and Torian about Mako.

Does Torian know about (she is also a Mandalorian) Akaavi or Corso but he is mercenary?

For 5.2 about Elara and Malavai. You have to be certain to choose wisely for more future companions.

If you want to be loyal for Republic as JK JC and Trooper then Zenith Tharan Elara Kira Doc Nadia and Felix Iresso will be your side but if you choose the Empire then you have to face the consequences with their romances.

I have read spoilers about Elara who will not be happy for the Empire about the romance.

Koth - Decisions decisions

I am thinking about their connections for future companions who are going to be returned like Elara and Malavai to Iokath. That you have to decide again witch faction and companion you have to be with.

Vette might know where Risha is and Torian about Mako.

Does Torian know about (she is also a Mandalorian) Akaavi or Corso but he is mercenary?

For 5.2 about Elara and Malavai. You have to be certain to choose wisely for more future companions.

If you want to be loyal for Republic as JK JC and Trooper then Zenith Tharan Elara Kira Doc Nadia and Felix Iresso will be your side but if you choose the Empire then you have to face the consequences with their romances.

I have read spoilers about Elara who will not be happy for the Empire about the romance.

Koth - Decisions decisions

I feel more companions would be open to working with the Republic than the Empire than the other way around, which I'm sure would upset many players if it wasn't some sort of 50/50 thing, but Empire really is all about enslaving, killing those below you if they get out of line, and still has it's anti-alien sentiment.

Temple is the toughest one. She was a loyal Imperial, except for the fact that she hid her own force sensitivity (which is another knock against the Empire...force abilities? Forced to train to be Sith and most likely die!), would she take that opportunity to defect and be free?

Mako seems perfectly capable of working with and/or joining the Republic.

Akaavi already worked with the Rep and being a Mandalorian could likely work with the Empire too, especially if it's the Hunter running the storyline (or Smuggler who joined the Empire).

Andronikus is another tough one, he is an ex-Republic soldier turned pirate. Could he make the switch back to the Republic, even though he never seemed like a Imperial lackey either (meaning he'd still likely work with the Empire like he did before).

Vector was a loyal Imperial, so I can see him not going Rep side, unless his love did.

Ashara, tough call. She still seemed pretty good with the Rep side of things, she just didn't seem happy with the Jedi passivity. Though, she could have always felt at home with group of Jedi who worked with SiS. But maybe she's stuck on trying to change the Empire from within.

Kira is totally Rep.

Jaesa could go either way. Lots of variables.

Khem is total Empire. Though I think Zash may be willing to go Rep, though she'd still likely be a plotter. Saresh but with a better personality. :p Maybe even more loyal if whoever got her out of that body into a new one.

Risha I feel would stay rep and be one of the LI's who wouldn't change sides for the Smuggler.

Corso is a total Rep, but I could see him joining the Empire for the Smuggler.

Doc would be Rep, not sure I see him joining the Empire even for the Knight, buuuut maybe...long shot and only if they were married.

Zenith would never join the Empire.

Tharan I can't imagine joining the Empire either.

Nadia neither. It was the Empire who was responsible for killing her father after all.

Iresso neither. Wow. The only one I could see joining the Empire ont he Consular's crew, is the one we already have.

Scourge has already worked for Rep, but I can see him not wanting to go back. He was anti Emperor not anti Empire. He may be one not willing to join the Rep side.

I just finished KOTET on my LS BH. She was romancing Torian so for her obviously she was going to choose Torian over Vette. When the scene came up and I choose Torian I found Vette's lines to be strange especially, "You're just abandoning me." I imagine that the Alliance would pretty much all know that Torian and I are together so I find it strange that Vette would even consider the fact that I would choose her over my own husband (not happening). I tell her I'll come for her next and her sarcastic, "Hold tight. Sure." annoyed my BH, my BH's doing her best. Don't get me wrong I like Vette (she and my SW are adorable together) but here I felt as though she was trying to guilt trip my BH into choosing her over my own husband. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I just finished KOTET on my LS BH. She was romancing Torian so for her obviously she was going to choose Torian over Vette. When the scene came up and I choose Torian I found Vette's lines to be strange especially, "You're just abandoning me." I imagine that the Alliance would pretty much all know that Torian and I are together so I find it strange that Vette would even consider the fact that I would choose her over my own husband (not happening). I tell her I'll come for her next and her sarcastic, "Hold tight. Sure." annoyed my BH, my BH's doing her best. Don't get me wrong I like Vette (she and my SW are adorable together) but here I felt as though she was trying to guilt trip my BH into choosing her over my own husband.

Don't worry. Torian does the same thing.

• 1 month later...
I just finished KOTET on my LS BH. She was romancing Torian so for her obviously she was going to choose Torian over Vette. When the scene came up and I choose Torian I found Vette's lines to be strange especially, "You're just abandoning me." I imagine that the Alliance would pretty much all know that Torian and I are together so I find it strange that Vette would even consider the fact that I would choose her over my own husband (not happening). I tell her I'll come for her next and her sarcastic, "Hold tight. Sure." annoyed my BH, my BH's doing her best. Don't get me wrong I like Vette (she and my SW are adorable together) but here I felt as though she was trying to guilt trip my BH into choosing her over my own husband.

It's kind of ironic given that you talk to her mins before and when she announces her plans to go behind enemy lines with her new toy, you have the option to say Vette be careful. She'll tell you to relax and that she will be fine. I wanted to say,"I told you so." :p

Choosing Vette is the better choice, in my view. Torian is a soldier, he wasn't even a leader, all he knew how to do was fight. The Alliance needs people who are flexible, and Vette has a lot of skills in her aresneal that can help the alliance. Torian was just a muscle plain and simple. The fact that he died at the hands most powerful villain in the galaxy will make him a hero amongst the Mandalorians, and would definitely win you their favor. Mandos live for war and to die in battle is the mando way. So, i didn't see any incentive in keeping Torian. Besides, mandalore joins the alliance afterwards.

Choosing Vette is the better choice, in my view. Torian is a soldier, he wasn't even a leader, all he knew how to do was fight. The Alliance needs people who are flexible, and Vette has a lot of skills in her aresneal that can help the alliance. Torian was just a muscle plain and simple. The fact that he died at the hands most powerful villain in the galaxy will make him a hero amongst the Mandalorians, and would definitely win you their favor. Mandos live for war and to die in battle is the mando way. So, i didn't see any incentive in keeping Torian. Besides, mandalore joins the alliance afterwards.

Thing is Vette is REDUNDANT. You have plenty of people that can do her job. Torian while being a solider, he's your direct link, liaison to some of your best elite troops. Sorry it's a no brainer. Much as I may like Vette and she's quite funny, she's expendable.

Vette is a nobody, i will always chose to let her die no matter how many times i play the story. Why? Theron,Lana and probably Talos Drellik can slice computers too. The fact that she has breasts and "vayjayjay" is completly irrelevant to me, i need soldiers, not whiny little girls like her.

My outlander chose Vette simply because she thought Torian wouldn't have wanted to be rescued. During the chapter when he originally joined the alliance, he disapproved if you acted to save some Mandalorians. Looked like an honour thing with him. Turned out that his feelings on the matter were different than she expected though... It was genuinely sad the way he reacted when the outlander chose Vette. :/ Torian is pretty young, after all, one of the youngest companions across the whole roster. Maybe it took his own life being sacrificed for him to realise that this "death before dishonour" business wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Character growth in his last hour.

As time has gone on, I've regretted losing Torian more and more. It's not that I don't like Vette, but Torian was more valuable to the Alliance. I remember now a conversation with Shae Vizla where they discussed new young Mandalorian leadership changing their ways to something more healthy and sustainable, and it was implied that maybe Torian could be part of that, which would in turn strengthen the bond between the Mandalorians and the Alliance. Not anymore.

Edited by Estelindis

• 2 weeks later...
My outlander chose Vette simply because she thought Torian wouldn't have wanted to be rescued. During the chapter when he originally joined the alliance, he disapproved if you acted to save some Mandalorians. Looked like an honour thing with him. Turned out that his feelings on the matter were different than she expected though... It was genuinely sad the way he reacted when the outlander chose Vette. :/ Torian is pretty young, after all, one of the youngest companions across the whole roster. Maybe it took his own life being sacrificed for him to realise that this "death before dishonour" business wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Character growth in his last hour.

As time has gone on, I've regretted losing Torian more and more. It's not that I don't like Vette, but Torian was more valuable to the Alliance. I remember now a conversation with Shae Vizla where they discussed new young Mandalorian leadership changing their ways to something more healthy and sustainable, and it was implied that maybe Torian could be part of that, which would in turn strengthen the bond between the Mandalorians and the Alliance. Not anymore.

So, I chose Torian for my Sin run through for the same reasons. She's a logical thinker and she's going to look for strengths in people. That's not to say Vette doesn't have her strengths at all. She does, Gault shows us that when you get his letter but as someone else said in this thread, you have to be logical as a leader and objective. As hard as it was for me, that was how I based my decision.

Soon after Senya said, "You'll be alright" as she healed me and I wanted to slap the crap out of her for it for making me feel better and worse but I'll work it out.

anyone with a male bounty hunter Outlander that had Vette as his LI

How could a bounty hunter have Vette as his LI? Vette is a warrior companion, and I don't believe any of the original class companions are romanceable by other classes. Am I missing something? :confused:

How could a bounty hunter have Vette as his LI? Vette is a warrior companion, and I don't believe any of the original class companions are romanceable by other classes. Am I missing something? :confused:

I believe you are correct. At best maybe flirt options perhaps? I know my other characters could flirt with Kaliyo but nothing came of it.

I believe you are correct. At best maybe flirt options perhaps? I know my other characters could flirt with Kaliyo but nothing came of it.

Pretty sure Kaliyo is the only one you can do that for, all the others are original class only.

Pity really, Vette could work so well with some of the other classes (Smuggler or LS SI especially)

Typo. Meant male sith warrior. Had bh on the mind as i finally finished KOTET with one. I'm really not in a hurry to do any more KOTFE/KOTET play through's ever again.

I took 4 of my force class girls through and at this point, I just alternate. So 2 for Torian and 2 for Vette.

On my main DS SW , after that whole "reunion" in "Profit and Plunder", where Vette had more to say about playing a practical joke on Gault than y'know, reuniting with someone whom she "cultivated a sisterly relationship with", I felt REALLY, REALLY bad killing Torian. Like I wasn't gonna kill off anyone in my old crew, so that's the only reason Vette stuck around. The thank you e-mail she sents to her uhhh, "sister" later about having your back or knowing that you have hers(something to that effect) that is 0% different from the one that a Smuggler or Trooper Commander would get is the icing on my Torian regret cake.

• 2 months later...