Command points for doing PVP is absurd

CaptainDil

Once I hit 70 it became very clear that the fastest way to get command points is to just que for PvP. You can get 600+ command points for doing a 4v4 arena that takes ~5 minutes, while doing a SM operation gives you 600 points for completing. The 4v4 arenas also seem to be popping up more than pre 5.0, so the quicker matches are happening more often. On top of that, even if the warzone gets shut down in 30 seconds for having too little people, hey who cares here's a free 300 points for being a sport. And these are regular warzones, I haven't even seen what you get for ranked warzones.

It's great and all since I prefer PvP, but it's at the point where its inefficient to do anything else... I've done veteran uprisings and story mode ops, but neither come close to the rate at which you get crates doing PvP. I don't think PvP rewards should be changed, but the amount of command points in PvE should be raised. Getting 15-20 points for killing champion NPCs just isn't very efficient.

I know that the developers wanted a balanced way of grinding out these crates, but at the moment there is one that is clearly a better use of your time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i noticed that you earn about 60 CXP per minute in PvP, and even on a very efficient 4-man team for SM FP's you can only pull about 20 CXP per minute, and doing a raid is only slightly better. On the other hand, Raids are the only place you are going to reliably get Artifact grade rating 230 modification schematics or the new exotic mats (VMCs and the new Isos). but just in terms of CXP, PvP is clearly the way to grind for boxes as you don't get lockouts (even when there is a 20% bonus on anything else), then FP's, then Raids.

I do agree, if the devs feel that PvP CXP rates aren't too high in and of themself, then the other CXP rewards from missions, heroics, mobs, and raids needs to be increased.

Edited by kmatsumari

Exactly, if you want to gear there isn't really any incentive to do any else. Like you I like PvP, I did one uprising and didn't find it worth doing. From the aspect of entertainment and reward.

They have to seriously buff cxp in PvE by high amounts, especially ops. Or just throw this entire system in the bin. I prefer the latter.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Exactly, please stop giving them reasons to nerf yet another thing in the game.

Isn't it sad that people feel this way, instead of them getting an idea to make other things better, rather than making things worse.

Swtor forums, where everything you say is used against you~

Once I hit 70 it became very clear that the fastest way to get command points is to just que for PvP. You can get 600+ command points for doing a 4v4 arena that takes ~5 minutes, while doing a SM operation gives you 600 points for completing. The 4v4 arenas also seem to be popping up more than pre 5.0, so the quicker matches are happening more often. On top of that, even if the warzone gets shut down in 30 seconds for having too little people, hey who cares here's a free 300 points for being a sport. And these are regular warzones, I haven't even seen what you get for ranked warzones.

It's great and all since I prefer PvP, but it's at the point where its inefficient to do anything else... I've done veteran uprisings and story mode ops, but neither come close to the rate at which you get crates doing PvP. I don't think PvP rewards should be changed, but the amount of command points in PvE should be raised. Getting 15-20 points for killing champion NPCs just isn't very efficient.

I know that the developers wanted a balanced way of grinding out these crates, but at the moment there is one that is clearly a better use of your time.

Don't stress, It's not permanent, I'd expect it will change each week or so and next week will be some pve thing like Flash Points

I know they haven't announced any info about it, but it's Bio, they probably forgot, the same as they forgot to tell us we can now have 2 extra companions for crafting :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9147346#post9147346

Hey folks!

Since there is a bit of confusion, I figured I'd jump in and let you know that this IS an intended change.

-Tait

This is exactly why i won't return to the game, because there is only one way to reach your goal and the hell i am going to get stressed out during pvp matches i have no patience for.

i am a competitive person so losing 10 times in a row really annoys me and winning a few times makes me feel like i finally accomplished something. but if it is always 20 losses to every win? no way i am going through that torment just for some crates. risking my health for some stupid virtual game lockbox with no gaurantee to anything inside is the last thing i want.

with the nerf to pve content on gold star mobs, it makes it all but impossible to make up anything for cxp.

All what you SHALL get with this kind of post, is to see PVP rewards to get nerfed by 75%.

Because whereas you see "PvP CXP is OK, all the rest sucks", EA SHALL read: "PvP CXP is too good, MUST nerf it down to the rest".

EA makes money selling CXP. Try imagine what they do, it's just simple math.

The worst part is that you can literally AFK through most of a PvP match, earn a medal or two in a ranked PvP arena then hit /stuck, or repeatedly kamikaze in GSF deathmatches, and earn massive amounts of CXP for almost zero effort. And both PvP and GSF are endlessly repeatable all kriffing day. Whereas most of the PvE activities that gain you CXP are not repeatable, take forever, and can easily be wastes of time if you get a terrible pug and everyone quits after wiping repeatedly.

Sadly, as was said earlier, EAWare will most likely nuke PvP and GSF gains from orbit rather than buffing PvE gains to even the score. That's all they know how to do.

All what you SHALL get with this kind of post, is to see PVP rewards to get nerfed by 75%.

Because whereas you see "PvP CXP is OK, all the rest sucks", EA SHALL read: "PvP CXP is too good, MUST nerf it down to the rest".

i am in full agreement to have pvp cxp nerfed big time just so the rest of the community can be up in arms about what bioware are doing.

I wonder if they will all complain as hard when they move the bonus to pve content. As I mentioned, this isn't permanent, but more like an event, which means it will move to something like flash points soon.

So people calling for nerfs.. sssshhhhhh.. or it will get nerfed not only for pvp, but for pve content.

So people calling for nerfs.. sssshhhhhh.. or it will get nerfed not only for pvp, but for pve content.

oh no way now someone gave me the idea. i see a positive in this negative, i call for nerfs across the entire cxp scene and that will have everyone complaining at bioware or leaving the game, then they would have no choice but to remove it as unworkable, unsalavagable and unfriendly as a system or the game goes down, but with so many other games out there i am sure everyone will find their feet.

Edited by Celise

DO NOT give them a reason to nerf anything about this. You are correct in that PvP is one of the best ways to get points and it makes ops and uprising take 2nd banana. What they should do instead is raise the amount of CXP that those activities provide to make it competitive and reward players who focus on different aspects of the game.

Isn't it sad that people feel this way, instead of them getting an idea to make other things better, rather than making things worse.

Swtor forums, where everything you say is used against you~

It's because it's people who like me, play MMOs since 15+ years, and KNOW what happens when somebody complaints he has to do XYZ or else.

Every single MMO company takes it as a "must nerf XYZ now" to bring it down to "else". It's ALWAYS been like this, I don't recall a MMO company buffing worse grinding to the better way.

Not arguing for or against - though a nerf to CXP from PvP isn't going to go down well......

My take is that there needs to be some balancing- either in effort required or time taken or preferably both.

It might have been better to reward time in-game and doing something so it ticks up slowly while you're logged in and interacting with stuff, with a bonus CXP box at the end of a WZ or FP, Operation or whatever.

But solutions to a piss-poor system is just papering over some pretty wide cracks, TBH.

Not arguing for or against - though a nerf to CXP from PvP isn't going to go down well......

now imagine how the pve'ers must feel to had their nerf. don't assume anything, bioware could still nerf pvp if too many brag about gaining so much in a short amount of time. thats probably why you don't see many posts about bragging on large amoutns of cxp and why some what to shut others up.

Edited by Celise

I hope they decide to improve the CXP gain in the upcoming stream but If they decided to nerf the PvP cxp instead of improving the PvE cxp, I am pretty much done. I won't even wait for the sub to run out.

I enjoyed my time in here for the past 2 months but grinding doing something I don't enjoy for small reward isn't my idea of fun, paying to grind even.

It's because it's people who like me, play MMOs since 15+ years, and KNOW what happens when somebody complaints he has to do XYZ or else.

Every single MMO company takes it as a "must nerf XYZ now" to bring it down to "else". It's ALWAYS been like this, I don't recall a MMO company buffing worse grinding to the better way.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm just saying it's sad!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.