Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

Aeristash

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The character that romance Lana is a sith inquisitor, and that "my love" from Lana, isn't the same as "i'm yours" but it is the start of a romance, and we didn't know how much time pass since that to KOTFE (or atleast i don't know), it could have been days or months in which they develope the relationship to somethig more. Even if it was a "fling at best" as you say, Lana seemed in love with out character, there is nothing more to see how she acts in KOFTE and the goodbay you get from her before KOTFE if you are imperial seems very emotional, if she is emotionaly involved with our character, no matter in which way, the Koth thing shouldn't have happened.

Agreed. The bit in the cantina was simply ceremony to officiate what was already there. The love & bond that the outlander and Lana share didn't happen the second they agreed on a relationship in a Cantina, it had been building from what they had all the way back in SoR. Even a romanced Theron sends an email dated before the outlander is rescued stating they had a thing, but he didn't quite know what to call it. From Lana stating that she needs to undo her entanglement to the outlander in SoR to her declaring the Outlander her Love after Ziost despite her attempt at a break up, it's quite clear they were romantically involved in something far more than a tryst.

Lana admits aboard the gravestone that she met senya, who gave her the outlanders location, years before she knew Koth. Meaning She knew her lover was imprisoned and still chose to mess around with Koth. If the outlander ask a romanced Lana in Kotfe if she had been looking for him all that time, she says "Are you really surprised?" before Koth interrupts with his wrench. Yeah, I was surprised that she messed around and thought to cover it up as if it never happened by attempting to sideline the inquiry. If she didn't feel she crossed boundaries, she wouldn't start looking uncomfortable and getting mad every time it's brought up. She'd simply say "Yes, we had a relationship for a time while we were looking for you, but that's over now. Has been for a long time." That bit of honesty isn't so hard. But she knows she cheated so she hides it because she's afraid the outlander won't care for her romantically anymore. And that was true with my SW, as long as Koth was alive. Can't take back the past, but as long as Koth is dead, there is no threat to any relationship relapses in the future.

Still hurts that she paraded that vermin around right under my nose, knowing the illegitimate romantic history they both had.

Agreed. The bit in the cantina was simply ceremony to officiate what was already there. The love & bond that the outlander and Lana share didn't happen the second they agreed on a relationship in a Cantina, it had been building from what they had all the way back in SoR. Even a romanced Theron sends an email dated before the outlander is rescued stating they had a thing, but he didn't quite know what to call it. From Lana stating that she needs to undo her entanglement to the outlander in SoR to her declaring the Outlander her Love after Ziost despite her attempt at a break up, it's quite clear they were romantically involved in something far more than a tryst.

Lana admits aboard the gravestone that she met senya, who gave her the outlanders location, years before she knew Koth. Meaning She knew her lover was imprisoned and still chose to mess around with Koth. If the outlander ask a romanced Lana in Kotfe if she had been looking for him all that time, she says "Are you really surprised?" before Koth interrupts with his wrench. Yeah, I was surprised that she messed around and thought to cover it up as if it never happened by attempting to sideline the inquiry. If she didn't feel she crossed boundaries, she wouldn't start looking uncomfortable and getting mad every time it's brought up. She'd simply say "Yes, we had a relationship for a time while we were looking for you, but that's over now. Has been for a long time." That bit of honesty isn't so hard. But she knows she cheated so she hides it because she's afraid the outlander won't care for her romantically anymore. And that was true with my SW, as long as Koth was alive. Can't take back the past, but as long as Koth is dead, there is no threat to any relationship relapses in the future.

Still hurts that she paraded that vermin around right under my nose, knowing the illegitimate romantic history they both had.

We should have had an option to have a conversation with a romanced Lana when we knew that something happened between her and Koth, in which we have our answers from her and not Koth, much like the conversation Lana can have with the outlander if he decides to getting back with a LI like Vette, in which she aproaches you about it and end the relationship with you, but withouth needing to end the relationship with her.

Also like i said earlier if she knew about the outlander before meeting Koth, nothing should have happened between a romanced Lana and Koth, if it was a no-romanced Lana she can do what she wants, because no matter how you look at it, she still cheated on you with Koth knowing you were alive but trapped, if atleast she was honest with our character and said something like "yes, we had a thing but it didn't last long and it was over a long time ago" the thing wouldn't be that bad, but she cheated on us and then lied to our faces multiple times, some of my dark characters killed for less than that.

Ugh, knowing she actually was aware that the outlander was alive when she started her fling with koth makes it harder to swallow. But on a side note, i think that both the lana/koth romance and our romance with any of them makes no sense at all and i think bw didnt make the best out of it. On one side we have lana, who could either be a romance prior to kotfe or be romanced in the middle of kotfe if she wasnt before, and she shows little to no care as to wath she had with koth, nor does she like to mention it in any possible way, she outright dismisses any question you make her regarding that matter, she does leave koth once she is more decided to rescue you, but why? she never speaks of it and koth only says that they did have something, was she using him? did she actually feel anything for him?, if she didnt care about koth, or if she only did it to feed on emotions born from that moment and/or seduce koth into cooperation, then she wouldnt have a problem saying "yeah, i shagged that guy while you where frozen, it was a way to gain his cooperation/relieve some stress from the situation,etc" but no, she wont say a word about it. We could compare her to kaliyo, who openly spends time with others while you are married with her, she doesnt care, she doesnt give a flying ****, you knew what you where getting into so man up and take it (also, its not like the Agent wouldnt do the same)

On the other hand we have Koth, someone who seems to be on a rollercoaster of emotions, doing whatever comes into his mind and he feels its the right thing to do, im looking at you, quantum bomb that could have single handedly destroyed the frigging alliance base thanks to koth and his atachment to that piece of junk, still dont know how he could think that was a wise idea "never expected to have the fleet so close", frigging idiot seems to have forgotten that the gravestone sits in the middle of our base all the time.

But going back to the matter at hand, koth (who seems to still be pretty atached to lana), doesnt even say "but" to a romance with the outlander, he goes from feeling jealous of a outlander+lana romance, to outward disregarding his feelings for her, i mean, dude seriously, if a guy/girl jumps at you while you have feelings for someone else, there is no need to just go on with it and say "fck it" to what you felt before, i dont understand how they (lana and koth) can be so bipolar on that matter.

And no, just in case someone says that they are taking it as "mature" people do, they dont. They are obviously jealous of each other if the outlander picks one of them, they dont seem to have closure on the matter, nor do they wish to discuss it, the only reason as to why koth outright tells you that he did have something with Lana is because you provoked him and he knows he is a few feet away from death. Lana doesnt want to talk about it, outright feeling offended if you mention it or avoiding the question, but still feels jealous of koth if you chose him. Maybe im wrong and what i understand as being "mature" after a breakup is wrong, but i find it hard to believe that acting like children is actually the mature thing to do. I had to break up twice with two different girls, the first one was seeing someone else while we where together, and the other one was going back and forth with both me and another guy, so i decided to leave her and she had the gall to actually try and pursue a friendship with me, and thats what i see going on with lana and koth. Lana went behind your back, which i would actually accept if she atleast had the ovaries to come out and say it, and Koth seems to be that kind of guy who would break up with you but still pursue you in some way, thats why i actually expect to see if in another expansion we get to finally have a closure as to what is going on between them as i dont expect koth to just sit back and see Lana with another man/woman for long, and i dont expect to see lana being able to keep her emotions in check for long enough withouth it affecting her own performance (lets be honest, she would´ve outright killed anyone who did half of what Koth did), after all, we are on the star wars universe, where force sensitives feel in a whole different and more powerfull way.

Ugh, knowing she actually was aware that the outlander was alive when she started her fling with koth makes it harder to swallow. But on a side note, i think that both the lana/koth romance and our romance with any of them makes no sense at all and i think bw didnt make the best out of it. On one side we have lana, who could either be a romance prior to kotfe or be romanced in the middle of kotfe if she wasnt before, and she shows little to no care as to wath she had with koth, nor does she like to mention it in any possible way, she outright dismisses any question you make her regarding that matter, she does leave koth once she is more decided to rescue you, but why? she never speaks of it and koth only says that they did have something, was she using him? did she actually feel anything for him?, if she didnt care about koth, or if she only did it to feed on emotions born from that moment and/or seduce koth into cooperation, then she wouldnt have a problem saying "yeah, i shagged that guy while you where frozen, it was a way to gain his cooperation/relieve some stress from the situation,etc" but no, she wont say a word about it. We could compare her to kaliyo, who openly spends time with others while you are married with her, she doesnt care, she doesnt give a flying ****, you knew what you where getting into so man up and take it (also, its not like the Agent wouldnt do the same)

On the other hand we have Koth, someone who seems to be on a rollercoaster of emotions, doing whatever comes into his mind and he feels its the right thing to do, im looking at you, quantum bomb that could have single handedly destroyed the frigging alliance base thanks to koth and his atachment to that piece of junk, still dont know how he could think that was a wise idea "never expected to have the fleet so close", frigging idiot seems to have forgotten that the gravestone sits in the middle of our base all the time.

But going back to the matter at hand, koth (who seems to still be pretty atached to lana), doesnt even say "but" to a romance with the outlander, he goes from feeling jealous of a outlander+lana romance, to outward disregarding his feelings for her, i mean, dude seriously, if a guy/girl jumps at you while you have feelings for someone else, there is no need to just go on with it and say "fck it" to what you felt before, i dont understand how they (lana and koth) can be so bipolar on that matter.

And no, just in case someone says that they are taking it as "mature" people do, they dont. They are obviously jealous of each other if the outlander picks one of them, they dont seem to have closure on the matter, nor do they wish to discuss it, the only reason as to why koth outright tells you that he did have something with Lana is because you provoked him and he knows he is a few feet away from death. Lana doesnt want to talk about it, outright feeling offended if you mention it or avoiding the question, but still feels jealous of koth if you chose him. Maybe im wrong and what i understand as being "mature" after a breakup is wrong, but i find it hard to believe that acting like children is actually the mature thing to do. I had to break up twice with two different girls, the first one was seeing someone else while we where together, and the other one was going back and forth with both me and another guy, so i decided to leave her and she had the gall to actually try and pursue a friendship with me, and thats what i see going on with lana and koth. Lana went behind your back, which i would actually accept if she atleast had the ovaries to come out and say it, and Koth seems to be that kind of guy who would break up with you but still pursue you in some way, thats why i actually expect to see if in another expansion we get to finally have a closure as to what is going on between them as i dont expect koth to just sit back and see Lana with another man/woman for long, and i dont expect to see lana being able to keep her emotions in check for long enough withouth it affecting her own performance (lets be honest, she would´ve outright killed anyone who did half of what Koth did), after all, we are on the star wars universe, where force sensitives feel in a whole different and more powerfull way.

TO be honest BW doesn't care a **** about this, if they do they would have made a dialogue option where either Koth or Lana speaks of the thing they have if you ask it, but like we see in the game they only say no and try to change the dialogue into other matters. It would just be much easier if when you ask a romanced Lana about if she had something with Koth and what it was, she just tell the truth and makes her reasons as to why happened that, but nope BW didn't even care about this, i think that whoever did this part of the story with Lana, didn't even read that we could have romance Lana in SOR and Ziost and just say "it would be cool if we just put this two characters here and makes them something like, we don't have anything but we care about eachother that will piss and confuss that who will romance them, and of course when they are asked they won't say **** about it".

It would be fine if in other part of the game we can have a conversation with Lana about what she had with Koth, or with Koth if you romance him. But it won't be happening, well i will still get a closure of it, because Koth is dead and will die in every play that i will do of KOTFE/KOTET, atleast that way i will be happy everytime he dies.

Okay, so I finally got through that part of the story, and based on the interaction between Koth and Lana, that could absolutely mean something as simple as the friendship they'd had is over. It doesn't even need to mean something romantic at all (at least not something mutual). They've been working together closely for years, and now, because of Koth's actions, Lana's basically severing any relationship (which could mean only friendship) that they had.

So yeah, if you're romancing Lana and this bugs you, I'd suggest that you take a step back and realize that two people can have a close relationship and it doesn't have to be romantic and/or sexual. Why do so many people not understand that such relationships are possible?

Okay, so I finally got through that part of the story, and based on the interaction between Koth and Lana, that could absolutely mean something as simple as the friendship they'd had is over. It doesn't even need to mean something romantic at all (at least not something mutual). They've been working together closely for years, and now, because of Koth's actions, Lana's basically severing any relationship (which could mean only friendship) that they had.

So yeah, if you're romancing Lana and this bugs you, I'd suggest that you take a step back and realize that two people can have a close relationship and it doesn't have to be romantic and/or sexual. Why do so many people not understand that such relationships are possible?

If you romance Lana, after she said to Koth that there isn't anything left between the two, Koth talks to you and said that if you will take care of her, if you answer the last option, that is something like "you are just jealous because she chose me instead of you", Koth will say to you that they were over before coming to recue the outlander, meaning that they have something more than a friendship before saving you from the carbonite.

Yes, she knew you were alive.

But A) she's a Sith - embrace passion all that.

B) If you spend 5 years without your boyfriend, and it was at best a tenuous relation (you slept together one time on Yavin 4) you might want to relieve some stress. Keep in mind, their relationship wasn't very serious, if you're Republic then you too weren't even dating because you broke up on Yavin 4. If you're Imperial you started dating on Ziost.

We should have had an option to have a conversation with a romanced Lana when we knew that something happened between her and Koth, in which we have our answers from her and not Koth, much like the conversation Lana can have with the outlander if he decides to getting back with a LI like Vette, in which she aproaches you about it and end the relationship with you, but withouth needing to end the relationship with her.

Also like i said earlier if she knew about the outlander before meeting Koth, nothing should have happened between a romanced Lana and Koth, if it was a no-romanced Lana she can do what she wants, because no matter how you look at it, she still cheated on you with Koth knowing you were alive but trapped, if atleast she was honest with our character and said something like "yes, we had a thing but it didn't last long and it was over a long time ago" the thing wouldn't be that bad, but she cheated on us and then lied to our faces multiple times, some of my dark characters killed for less than that.

Agreed. We should've been able to mention that we heard her & Koth had a thing and receive a proper explanation for it. But then again, as Bioware showed with Jacob, they haven't a clue how to implement a proper resolution to cheating. They could take some notes from TW3. When Geralt cheated, there was no avoiding the subject matter or a politically correct enforced resolution like they pulled with Jacob. Yennefer let him know how she felt and threw the bed he cheated in from the window for good measure. Jacob? He went out & got someone pregnant while his woman was locked up for 6 months and the most you can do to punish him in vanilla me3 is call him a jerk and willingly or grudgingly accept what he did? No black eyes? no leaving him to die? Yeah right. Whoever wrote that was light years out of touch with the concept of relationships. That wasn't even counting that little 90210 confrontation with his baby mama. Most Shepard can say to her is "I'm done talking about this" instead of boxing her arrogant ears. Only after much raging backlash did they let Shepard slap him over that bit of business in the DLC. Overall great concept, but way too much political correctness in the execution.

Same thing they did with Kaliyo. Catch her trying to sneak guys off your ship and her attitude is 'Yeah, I have other guys, you feel some kind of way about it?' Yeah, I feel like you should write "Looking for a ride" on a piece of board, get off my ship and go stand in front of your other guys ship with it. That's how I feel about it. But of course the only option is to accept it or express displeasure and break up while we still forced to pay for her to sit in the lap of luxury.

Lana however, doesn't even have to explain herself. We find out she cheated and they simply brush it off as what's done is done as if the character is just supposed to be understand of the whole thing. Only killing Koth brings any satisfaction to that episode.

It's hard to say whether she was using him in the beginning, but after the carbonite episode it seemed like she had a soft spot for him. Tho in hindsight, it looked like the somewhat distanced lets still be friends relationship on her end. From the time he interrupted with the wrench, he hardly hid that he still wanted to be with her. It's possible she simply stung him along romantically to get a pilot and developed a genuine friendly affection for him afterwards but since she won't even both validating that much, it just looks like cheating from Koths end of things.

Yeah, he seems to get over his want of Lana pretty quick if the outlander romances him. Perhaps he doesn't have many chances at romance and Lana was something rare for him to hold onto until something better came along. Or maybe he doesn't want the outlander to catch onto him holding feelings for Lana and cause problems in their relationship? But yeah, he's alot less feral about Lana when he has someone else. Lana during that time tho expresses jealousy of the outlander & koth being so close. However it's harder to get a read on whether she's jealous that the outlander isn't looking at her or that Koth is looking at the outlander.

I too look forward to seeing this explored in future expansions.

I'm quite certain you're reading the mood wrong on that. Allow me to give a bit of perspective.

First Koth ask the Outlander if they will look after Lana. This can be seen as romantic or platonic. However they outlanders answers are anything but.

Answer 1: "Lana means everything to me" (romantic)

Answer 2: "My relationship with Lana is none of your business" (Romantic)

Answer 3: "You're jealous Lana chose me over you" (Romantic)

Koth's reply to Answer 3 is "What we had ended long ago. That doesn't mean you deserve her." (Romantic)

Since all the answers are of a romantic nature, the inquiry must be of a romantic nature. Two kids maybe but two adults wouldn't be barbing over who was whose good friend first. They clearly became better 'friends' than they should have.

Yes, she knew you were alive.

But A) she's a Sith - embrace passion all that.

That's a cop out. Some Sith do indeed put loyalty to their lover above passions. Malak, Jaesa, Starkiller and Vader off the top of my head. Those types of sith exist but Lana is no Darth alluress. She's flusters like a school girl when kissed. Hardly the type of Sith that seems used to embracing those types of passions.

B) If you spend 5 years without your boyfriend, and it was at best a tenuous relation (you slept together one time on Yavin 4) you might want to relieve some stress. Keep in mind, their relationship wasn't very serious, if you're Republic then you too weren't even dating because you broke up on Yavin 4. If you're Imperial you started dating on Ziost.

That's like saying just because your boyfriend goes to jail, it's okay to get liberal with loyalties because he's not around to stop you. Unless there is confirmation they are dead within that time frame, it most certainly is not.

I still think the reaction is a bit fierce. Had Theron hooked up with Lana in my 5 year absence, or whoever else, I'd be hurt sure but I'd also understand. We never did really make things official and... as much as it might suck, I'd rather know he had some happiness, some affection and perhaps even love in those 5 years than to hear he was nothing but miserable and heartbroken the entire time. I love him enough to want that TLC for him and if Lana or whoever provided that for a short time in those five years, amidst a brand new war and him dealing with losing me... well, okay then. He's back in my arms now and we're stronger and doing better together than we did before during SoR.

I can't believe that some people are actually surprised by this. Even when you are playing chapters 2 and 3, the question pops more than once about the nature of the relationship between Lana and Koth and they seem to avoid the issue by deflecting the question or providing as little information as possible but never explicitly denying it. Even then, you can tell something is (or was) going on by the way they address each other, for example, right after the ship crash in the endless swamps. They seem to know each other 'very well' and you can tell in the dialog that they are closer than it seems but your presence is the reason why the relationship is no more.

In fact, back to the swamp again, after you get the Gravestone to lift up; if you are romancing Lana, Koth will interrupt the kiss by kicking stuff down and making it seem accidental, however you can see closely that he was already spying before the kick happened which means he did it out of jealousy.

I've got to admit, it is pretty irksome they way Lana and Koth rub their past in your face as much as they possibly can; ironically, the use of subtlety and evasion could not possibly indicate anything more pointedly than these two did. It was all they could do to stop from telling you this straight out, I really hated that Koth so rudely interrupted my Outlanders and Lana, he had no right interfering and he knew he hadn't. No-one owns Lana, but he still seemed to think he did.

To my DS Outlander, unless Koth has found a way to come back from the dead, that triangle's now a line, and she and Lana have no competition, for the time being. I am concerned about whether or not he'd try and see Lana behind the LS/Grey Outlander's back, though. It's possible that if you didn't cause him to leave, he ultimately respects the Outlander's and Lana's choices to be with each other.

My Grey/LS Outlander would possibly point Lana back in Koth's direction if she found someone she loved more than Lana, though. But then, I'd not point anyone in either Koth's or Theron's directions. Granted, I'm biased, since I match both the gender and orientation of my Outlanders, but there don't seem to be any prepossessing male NPCs that I've come across, except Talos Drellik, in my view.

Edited by sentientomega

I've got to admit, it is pretty irksome they way Lana and Koth rub their past in your face as much as they possibly can; ironically, the use of subtlety and evasion could not possibly indicate anything more pointedly than these two did. It was all they could do to stop from telling you this straight out, I really hated that Koth so rudely interrupted my Outlanders and Lana, he had no right interfering and he knew he hadn't. To my DS Outlander, unless Koth has found a way to come back from the dead, that triangle's now a line. I am concerned about whether or not he'd try and see Lana behind the LS/Grey Outlander's back, though. It's possible that if you didn't cause him to leave, he ultimately respects the Outlander's and Lana's choices to be with each other.

I think it is because the way it might have ended between them two: either Koth noticed that Lana seem to be obsessed with locating the outlander to the point that he considered that the relation will be doomed the moment she actually found him and made her choose (and we know what was the outcome) OR Lana was straight up with him and told him that the fun was over the moment the outlander was found but Koth still clings to the hope that maybe the Outlander will reject her or just dismiss her and Lana would be back to him.

The second option sounds more likely as Koth does not seem to openly resent the outlander although he might just be very good at shielding his intentions. From the point of view of Lana, what they had was just a fling or a good time between friends that got a bit intimate, once the outlander was found, it was time to be serious so no more 'good times with Koth'.

I think it is because the way it might have ended between them two: either Koth noticed that Lana seem to be obsessed with locating the outlander to the point that he considered that the relation will be doomed the moment she actually found him and made her choose (and we know what was the outcome) OR Lana was straight up with him and told him that the fun was over the moment the outlander was found but Koth still clings to the hope that maybe the Outlander will reject her or just dismiss her and Lana would be back to him.

The second option sounds more likely as Koth does not seem to openly resent the outlander although he might just be very good at shielding his intentions. From the point of view of Lana, what they had was just a fling or a good time between friends that got a bit intimate, once the outlander was found, it was time to be serious so no more 'good times with Koth'.

Well, the past doesn't matter; Koth is deader than a penny-farthing bicycle as far as my DS Outlander is concerned, she made mincemeat of him, ostensibly for his treachery, and my LS/Grey Outlander has taken command of the fleet and become a galactic peacekeeper, and I think Koth respects this Outlander enough to leave well alone now, and that's only if she, the LS/Grey Outlander, isn't having second thoughts about getting involved with Lana.

I think I may've made an OOC mistake there, hence the ICly reservations I've had that character feel, since the Grey/LS Outlander was my first Outlander, and so romanced Lana, there being no other SGRs for female characters, as far as full-blown relationships are concerned, anyway. My headcanon for this Outlander is that they're an Ex-Sith, then Ex-Revanite, then Ex-Jedi, now Grey/Light-inclined force-sensitive with no fellowship that her previous associations would've afforded.

My DS Outlander though, she has no regrets about getting involved with Lana, come what may, and since Koth is dead, and she's seized the Eternal Throne for herself, let anyone try and come between her and Lana, it'd be a classic duel to the death she'd be after.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I was so happy to see Koth enjoying himself firing the Gravestone's omnicannon when I completed KOTET Chapter 9 on my LS/Grey Outlander, I like to see peeps having fun. :)

When it all comes down to it, you, Lana, or anyone else are mere baby potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

So what if someone you like and knew once got involved with someone else before getting back to you, it's not that big a deal, really.

Edited by sentientomega

I still think the reaction is a bit fierce. Had Theron hooked up with Lana in my 5 year absence, or whoever else, I'd be hurt sure but I'd also understand. We never did really make things official and... as much as it might suck, I'd rather know he had some happiness, some affection and perhaps even love in those 5 years than to hear he was nothing but miserable and heartbroken the entire time. I love him enough to want that TLC for him and if Lana or whoever provided that for a short time in those five years, amidst a brand new war and him dealing with losing me... well, okay then. He's back in my arms now and we're stronger and doing better together than we did before during SoR.

Oh? So you would have no reservations about Theron & Lana working together knowing they were once an item? No fear of cinders not quite smothered still smoldering?

Oh? So you would have no reservations about Theron & Lana working together knowing they were once an item? No fear of cinders not quite smothered still smoldering?

No, none at all.

They're free to do precisely as they please, though I would think that even Lana would tell you that you and she are through, if that was how she felt.

Kaliyo wouldn't, but then she likes to hurt people.

So this is about Lana being unfaithful and you're not allowed to say anything about her being with Koth.... right?

I have a DS Sith Assassin who romanced Lana and frankly, Koth hated him as well but this is first time I considered this. Honestly, I thought what they had were all flings. Things happen so suddenly that neither are together that long enough to have an actual relationship. KOTFE and KOTET is where I felt Lana was a bit more open about her feelings but not enough to say that what you two had during SOR was permanent. Its more of like "it could've been more if we had more time together but not now" casual relationship...

Lana and Koth had history together. They spent years together and she barely spend a couple of months or days with you. They broke it off. Let it go.

Edited by revkashepard

To a small extend perhaps. Thing is though, whichever they might have had was fleeting at best. They still teamed up together to break me out, Theron left me a love letter while plans were in motion to free me. Whatever they had together, I was still on their minds. Professionally for Lana and lovingly for Theron in such a way that I wouldn't think of their relationship as anything more than friends with benefits at best and providing emotional support for one another.

Like I said, it wouldn't be the easiest thing to accept but I wouldn't go nuts over it either, whatever was is clearly in the past now and I'd rather focus on a future with the guy I love.

And again, where Lana is concerned, it's never said that what she and Koth had was a devoted loving relationship. It might have just been a few passionate moments spurred on by the idea of "We might die tomorrow" or whichever.

So this is about Lana being unfaithful and you're not allowed to say anything about her being with Koth.... right?

I have a DS Sith Assassin who romanced Lana and frankly, Koth hated him as well but this is first time I considered this. Honestly, I thought what they had were all flings. Things happen so suddenly that neither are together that long enough to have an actual relationship. KOTFE and KOTET is where I felt Lana was a bit more open about her feelings but not enough to say that what you two had during SOR was permanent. Its more of like "it could've been more if we had more time together but not now" casual relationship...

Lana and Koth had history together. They spent years together and she barely spend a couple of months or days with you. They broke it off. Let it go.

You make an interesting point there, *they* broke it off. That is, not necessarily a question of Lana dumping Koth and him still hankering after her. See, I had discounted the Koth romance possibility; for it to work, he'd have to care about you over Lana not be pining after her, and vice-versa with Lana. If either held out any hope for getting back with each other, it's likely they'd reject the Outlander's advances. They do not do so out of hand, so I think we can safely assume that as of the end of KOTET Chapter 9, any relationship you're involved with regarding any of them, should still be going strong.

I don't know what happens with a non-start-at-60 Outlander regarding KOTFE/KOTET references to SoR romances, as my only Outlanders started at 60.

Edited by sentientomega

I thought it was pretty obvious they were a thing. You can ‘catch onto it’ straight away and this will cause Lana to be ‘Not amused’. Even the tone your character takes on shows they’re ‘not buying it’ Example;

You; ‘The two of them seem close.’

HK; ‘It’s not in my programming to discuss the private affairs of meatbags under my protection’

You; ‘Ahuhhhhhh’ - In a knowing tone-

So, she kept it hush hush and didn’t like it being brought up. I’m honestly surprised people are shocked by this.

Koth more than likely has feelings for Lana still. Lana doesn't have feelings for Koth.

Edited by StarkHelsing