Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

Aeristash

A lot of people forget Lana is a Sith I think. She may be very reasonable and practical for a sith, but a Sith is what she is. I can't understand why everybody loves her so much, she gets on my nerves. And most of her suggestions/orders in KOTFE were absolutely retarded. Chapter 12 I just couldn't believe she was encouraging me to go off and have a chit chat with Vitiate!

And if she knew you were alive but captured and still had intimacy with Koth regardless, that's cheating. End of Discussion. But she's a Sith, so... you gotta take that on the chin my old sons!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I wish there were more female SGR possibilities, and I mean actual relationship possibilities, not just casual flirting, than just Lana.

My DS Outlander, she loves Lana, my Grey/LS Outlander, she has very mixed feelings about Lana and would really rather romance a different woman, like Senya.

Edited by sentientomega

For the sake of rationality, can I point out that If Koth says that what he and Lana had ended "long before" the Outlander got out of carbon freeze, then... that implies some time ago.

Five years is a long time. We know Lana spent a long time looking for us- but, did she necessarily start straight away?

Suppose that at the time of the destruction of Darth Marr's flagship, she, in common with a lot of the pre SOR love interests, may have concluded "...my love's dead," mourned, and, most likely, vowed to carry on your work and take down the Eternal Empire as smartly as possible. Doing that, she meets Koth, Zakuulan rebel on the run. Being, as far as she's aware, single and fancy-free, liking him enough to want to, and being in need of *some* pleasant distraction on this seemingly hopeless and probably fairly likely to be suicidal mission, she and Koth come to an... understanding of the "I can think of a way we can enjoy the post-fighting for our lives rush afterglow together" variety.

This apparently means slightly more to Koth than Lana, as he carries some obvious bitterness that it's over, whereas for Lana it seems to have been mostly 'good friends with benefits'- and, again, why not?

Then, at some point, hopefully not in the throes of passion, because that would just be strange, Koth happens to mention to Lana "Oh, yeah, that outlander who murdered Valkorian and wound up putting Arcann on the throne; Darth Nox or whatever she was called- Arcann's got her stashed in carbonite under the Spire."

Discovering *that* is, in all probability, *why* "Lana&Koth" "ended long before".

I can't actually think that many of my characters- at least, not the ones who are free to romance Lana, Theron, or Koth, anyway, would take offence at that.

I wouldn't put it past the Barsenthor to react by asking Lana how good Koth was, and then making plans to 'accidentally' lock herself, Lana, Theron, and Koth in the Alliance Throne room one night. All in the interests of calm, detached study of the carnal passions, of course.

Edited by RowanThursday

For the sake of rationality, can I point out that If Koth says that what he and Lana had ended "long before" the Outlander got out of carbon freeze, then... that implies some time ago.

Five years is a long time. We know Lana spent a long time looking for us- but, did she necessarily start straight away?

Suppose that at the time of the destruction of Darth Marr's flagship, she, in common with a lot of the pre SOR love interests, may have concluded "...my love's dead," mourned, and, most likely, vowed to carry on your work and take down the Eternal Empire as smartly as possible. Doing that, she meets Koth, Zakuulan rebel on the run. Being, as far as she's aware, single and fancy-free, liking him enough to want to, and being in need of *some* pleasant distraction on this seemingly hopeless and probably fairly likely to be suicidal mission, she and Koth come to an... understanding of the "I can think of a way we can enjoy the post-fighting for our lives rush afterglow together" variety.

This apparently means slightly more to Koth than Lana, as he carries some obvious bitterness that it's over, whereas for Lana it seems to have been mostly 'good friends with benefits'- and, again, why not?

Then, at some point, hopefully not in the throes of passion, because that would just be strange, Koth happens to mention to Lana "Oh, yeah, that outlander who murdered Valkorian and wound up putting Arcann on the throne; Darth Nox or whatever she was called- Arcann's got her stashed in carbonite under the Spire."

Discovering *that* is, in all probability, *why* "Lana&Koth" "ended long before".

I can't actually think that many of my characters- at least, not the ones who are free to romance Lana, Theron, or Koth, anyway, would take offence at that.

I wouldn't put it past the Barsenthor to react by asking Lana how good Koth was, and then making plans to 'accidentally' lock herself, Lana, Theron, and Koth in the Alliance Throne room one night. All in the interests of calm, detached study of the carnal passions, of course.

If im not mistaken it was senya who told Lana where the outlander was, right?

But, the fact that Lana told Koth "There's nothing left between us.", but more importantly, I think, the way she said that, might that not mean she didn't even feel friendship for Koth at that point?

She was simply angry that Koth had betrayed the alliance and pigheadedly refused to come back before the emergency. People tend to say very hurtful things in the heat of the moment. That heart wrenching look on her face as he's being murdered shows she was simply lashing out and still had personal feelings for him. All the more reason he had to die. When Koth blurted out "What we had ended long ago", that was like saying "I've already had her, enjoy my leftovers." Along with his lingering pining for Lana's attentions, he marked himself as competition and therefore death. Law of the jungle is you don't sniff around another persons mate.

When Koth blurted out "What we had ended long ago", that was like saying "I've already had her, enjoy my leftovers."

This attitude is so repellent, I don't actually feel like I can adequately address it. I mean, this is essentially equivalent to believing that, because Lana was in a relationship with your character, she became your character's property, and was expected to belong to him or her forever, or else be "defiled." It's a toxic mentality.

This attitude is so repellent, I don't actually feel like I can adequately address it. I mean, this is essentially equivalent to believing that, because Lana was in a relationship with your character, she became your character's property, and was expected to belong to him or her forever, or else be "defiled." It's a toxic mentality.

Lana is as much her property as she is hers as any two lovers belong to each other. Lana is her goddess and she Lana's most devoted disciple. All Lana's love is for her and all her devotion is for Lana. Koth is simply the errant oaf who thought himself equally worthy of that love and was mauled for his heresy. :o

Lana is as much her property as she is hers as any two lovers belong to each other. Lana is her goddess and she Lana's most devoted disciple. All Lana's love is for her and all her devotion is for Lana. Koth is simply the errant oaf who thought himself equally worthy of that love and was mauled for his heresy. :o

The Lana I know would say she doesn't belong to anyone :p

I really hope you're just messing with people now or rambling off an RP based spiel...

I also didn't like the Koth/Lana thing, whatever it is, it was buggin me since first chapters of KOTFE, because i romanced Lana since SOR with my inquisitor. When they kept saying it was nothing i said ok if you say so, but then Koth has to say what he says and ruin it all, i already hated Koth but that was another reason to kill him. I don't like when BW or other companies make our companions cheat on us, if i as the player chose to cheat on my LI, it is my decision, but it surely isn't my decision that Lana had something with Koth even if it was just a one-nigth stand i as the player didn't chose it.

Also if you read the wiki it said that she first turn Senya to her side and then in a time after that she is finding Zakulaan unsympathetic to Arcaan and then is when she finds Koth. So if Senya is the one that inform her of the outlander and then she met Koth, no matter how you look at it, she cheated on you with Koth knowing that you were alive, this only vecame worse because she didn't even tell you a thing about it, knowing that us as the player wants to know if something happened between them.

Now you can say that she thougth that we were dead or that she didn't know who the outlander was, but she had something with other person that isn't the player, even if it was brief, and what is worse i didn't was the one making that chose, showing me that my choices in the game matter near to nothing. I can understand if they had something if our character didn't had anything with Lana in SOR and Ziost, but if she had something going on with our PC, the Koth/Lana thing shouldn't had happen.

You can call me an hypocrate for saying that, but if i'm playing a game and i cheat on my LI is because i chose to, not because the game makes it happens no matter what. BW should have learn with the Jacob fiasco in ME, i don't know why they do it again. An now before someone say something like "they can move on because they think you are dead" ask yourself this, if they bring back our companions, mostly the other LI that are missing, and then when they showed up you learn that they had/have something with someone other than your PC will you be happy? that is what i felt when i started last year KOTFE and when they confirmed in this game, it just got me mad, and because of that Koth will die in every play of the game that i will do :)

Sometimes, even when you're the character at the center of the universe, dramatic things that you don't want to happen, happen. I doubt many characters really wanted an immortal tyrant claiming real estate in their heads. Likewise, they didn't want to be frozen in carbonite for five years. They didn't want the members of their crews to drift apart and scatter across the galaxy. But these things happened. Likewise - and I say this as someone who romanced Lana during Shadow of Revan, and who actually doesn't mind that she had a relationship while my character was missing and presumed dead - those who have a problem with what happened between Lana and Koth simply have to deal with it, because being the center of the universe absolutely isn't the same thing as "plot I don't like never happens to me."

I also didn't like the Koth/Lana thing, whatever it is, it was buggin me since first chapters of KOTFE, because i romanced Lana since SOR with my inquisitor. When they kept saying it was nothing i said ok if you say so, but then Koth has to say what he says and ruin it all, i already hated Koth but that was another reason to kill him. I don't like when BW or other companies make our companions cheat on us, if i as the player chose to cheat on my LI, it is my decision, but it surely isn't my decision that Lana had something with Koth even if it was just a one-nigth stand i as the player didn't chose it.

Also if you read the wiki it said that she first turn Senya to her side and then in a time after that she is finding Zakulaan unsympathetic to Arcaan and then is when she finds Koth. So if Senya is the one that inform her of the outlander and then she met Koth, no matter how you look at it, she cheated on you with Koth knowing that you were alive, this only vecame worse because she didn't even tell you a thing about it, knowing that us as the player wants to know if something happened between them.

Now you can say that she thougth that we were dead or that she didn't know who the outlander was, but she had something with other person that isn't the player, even if it was brief, and what is worse i didn't was the one making that chose, showing me that my choices in the game matter near to nothing. I can understand if they had something if our character didn't had anything with Lana in SOR and Ziost, but if she had something going on with our PC, the Koth/Lana thing shouldn't had happen.

You can call me an hypocrate for saying that, but if i'm playing a game and i cheat on my LI is because i chose to, not because the game makes it happens no matter what. BW should have learn with the Jacob fiasco in ME, i don't know why they do it again. An now before someone say something like "they can move on because they think you are dead" ask yourself this, if they bring back our companions, mostly the other LI that are missing, and then when they showed up you learn that they had/have something with someone other than your PC will you be happy? that is what i felt when i started last year KOTFE and when they confirmed in this game, it just got me mad, and because of that Koth will die in every play of the game that i will do :)

Lana is only human. She had needs and cravings that needed to be fed! Sure, she knew you were a wall decoration somewhere, but she had no idea if she'd ever see you again or if the next moment wouldn't be her last.

A low point happened, a moment of loneliness and she gave into that dark side, before coming to her senses for her one true love, the Outlander!

Unless of course, the Outlander went after someone else, then...hey, she needs love too :p

Well, then you better not romance kaliyo, i think she actually "cheats" on you (you where married) like...what, 4-5 times? lol.

In any case, thats what you should expect when you romance kaliyo, i expect that the same will happen with Doc, Jaesa, maybe Risha, Andronikos and maybe mako (she seems quite heartbroken in the mail she sends you), but that doesnt mean that i wont like them any less. Its normal, its natural, dont expect everyone to mourn your "death" for the rest of their lives, those who actually do might have some phychological problems (and im being serious on that last remark) I didnt expect it that much from lana...but then again, she is a sith.

As a sidenote, its obvious why many people are angry at this...because she had to chose koth, of all the people in the galaxy to have a relationship with, she chose koth, i can hardly bring myself to create a toon who would romance him, and all i can come up with is a female smuggler who somehow finds koth attractive, disregarding most of his flaws conserning his complete stupidity, but liking how he is willing to go up against his former emperor and facing impossible odds for the sake of the galaxy.

Edited by Varsedar

Lana is only human. She had needs and cravings that needed to be fed! Sure, she knew you were a wall decoration somewhere, but she had no idea if she'd ever see you again or if the next moment wouldn't be her last.

A low point happened, a moment of loneliness and she gave into that dark side, before coming to her senses for her one true love, the Outlander!

Unless of course, the Outlander went after someone else, then...hey, she needs love too :p

Sure she is human and has needs, but there are other ways to fulfilling that needs withouth actually sleeping with someone else.

The thing that bugs me more, other than doing it with Koth (seriously, with all the mans/womans out there she had to chose Koth), is that she cheats on you no matter what you do. I mean if you made a character that only romance Lana, not romancing a companion in the base story, she still had something with Koth. If you didn't romance her by all means go ahed and sleep with who you want, but knowing you were in carbonite and that you were only with her, it shouldn't have happened.

If this is a choice-story game were you can chose something happen or not, or were "your choices matter", things like this Koth/Lana shouldn't happen unless you chose to, maybe that it happen if you don't chose to romance Lana but otherwise isn't mention, something like what happen in ME.

Sure she is human and has needs, but there are other ways to fulfilling that needs withouth actually sleeping with someone else.

The thing that bugs me more, other than doing it with Koth (seriously, with all the mans/womans out there she had to chose Koth), is that she cheats on you no matter what you do. I mean if you made a character that only romance Lana, not romancing a companion in the base story, she still had something with Koth. If you didn't romance her by all means go ahed and sleep with who you want, but knowing you were in carbonite and that you were only with her, it shouldn't have happened.

If this is a choice-story game were you can chose something happen or not, or were "your choices matter", things like this Koth/Lana shouldn't happen unless you chose to, maybe that it happen if you don't chose to romance Lana but otherwise isn't mention, something like what happen in ME.

She’s the Liara of the game. Liara did the same thing – well, she didn’t sleep with them though. But while you vanished she did seek out attention from someone else. It was emotional. And she did try to end it with you because you were gone for so long. Shepard has to push to keep the relationship going, but they also can show distress that she was so close to this guy. We don't know if Lana slept with Koth - it could have been completely emotional.

It’s worth playing that ME 2 DLC and seeing the similarities between the two of them.

Also gotta reiterate that no matter how you feel, a romance was never locked in during SoR. Hell depending on what faction you played there was likely a goodbye instead since the temporary alliance ended. You had a fling at best which was nice but by no means a "I'm yours forever!" kinda deal, not even if you were Imperial.

Also gotta reiterate that no matter how you feel, a romance was never locked in during SoR. Hell depending on what faction you played there was likely a goodbye instead since the temporary alliance ended. You had a fling at best which was nice but by no means a "I'm yours forever!" kinda deal, not even if you were Imperial.

The character that romance Lana is a sith inquisitor, and that "my love" from Lana, isn't the same as "i'm yours" but it is the start of a romance, and we didn't know how much time pass since that to KOTFE (or atleast i don't know), it could have been days or months in which they develope the relationship to somethig more. Even if it was a "fling at best" as you say, Lana seemed in love with out character, there is nothing more to see how she acts in KOFTE and the goodbay you get from her before KOTFE if you are imperial seems very emotional, if she is emotionaly involved with our character, no matter in which way, the Koth thing shouldn't have happened.

She’s the Liara of the game. Liara did the same thing – well, she didn’t sleep with them though. But while you vanished she did seek out attention from someone else. It was emotional. And she did try to end it with you because you were gone for so long. Shepard has to push to keep the relationship going, but they also can show distress that she was so close to this guy. We don't know if Lana slept with Koth - it could have been completely emotional.

It’s worth playing that ME 2 DLC and seeing the similarities between the two of them.

Now that you mentioned is true, but with Liara she didn't cheats on you even after the years that happen and even knowing you were dead, even if she was the one that was told that Shepard can be brougth back, we still die and she didn't find another guy/girl to sleep with.

It is true that she has a deep conection with Feron (i think it was his name) but you ahve a choice in there, if you romance her she will say to you that she didn't have anything romantic with him, and if you didn't romance her, the answer is still no but with a maybe in there, that never happens because you can romance Liara in ME3 even if you didn't romance her in previous games. At first that bugged me too but it is explained in the game that they didn't have anything romantic between them, she is concerned about what he went througth and all....but returning to the point in disscussion, we have a choice in there, Liara didn't inmediatlly look for someone when we were being revived and she has needs too and there was a huge probablility that Shepard would remain dead, but no matter what, she didn't sleep with anyone in that time and she may move on if we, the player, chose to. In the case of Lana, she cheats on you with Koth no matter what your choices from before were.

The character that romance Lana is a sith inquisitor, and that "my love" from Lana, isn't the same as "i'm yours" but it is the start of a romance, and we didn't know how much time pass since that to KOTFE (or atleast i don't know), it could have been days or months in which they develope the relationship to somethig more. Even if it was a "fling at best" as you say, Lana seemed in love with out character, there is nothing more to see how she acts in KOFTE and the goodbay you get from her before KOTFE if you are imperial seems very emotional, if she is emotionaly involved with our character, no matter in which way, the Koth thing shouldn't have happened.

I kinda got the feeling that the outlander, and Lana, hadn't really been keeping in touch much at all, between SoR, and KotfE, but that's just my opinion, either way, the romance wasn't actually locked in, as some people have already pointed out, and is it really realistic to expect her to just wait around for you to possibly get thawed out from the carbonite you're in, even if for all we know, she maybe only found out where you were a week before she came to rescue you, we have no ( as far as I know) way of knowing when she found out exactly where you were, and that you were in fact still alive. Again, just my own opinion, but expecting someone to wait around for you forever, isn't quite realistic, but then again, this is a game, it doesn't have to be realistic.