defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe

Okay, so this thread helped a lot for me. I just defeated her as a Sage DPS with no companion. You just need to focus on using the Memories of Healing for both damaging her and healing yourself. It may take a few tries to get it right. Avoid her exploding move, just run out of the red circle.

Hitting her 3-4 times with the orbs will get her.

Also, if you didnt read above, make sure you're inside her purple circle when attacking. Any attack you do outside will ricochet back at you. But if you're a Sage DPS, you're gonna need to stay away from her, occasionally healing yourself if needed.

The key is the healing orbs.

Edited by CircaCitadel

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so this thread helped a lot for me. I just defeated her as a Sage DPS with no companion. You just need to focus on using the Memories of Healing for both damaging her and healing yourself. It may take a few tries to get it right. Avoid her exploding move, just run out of the red circle.

Hitting her 3-4 times with the orbs will get her.

Also, if you didnt read above, make sure you're inside her purple circle when attacking. Any attack you do outside will ricochet back at you. But if you're a Sage DPS, you're gonna need to stay away from her, occasionally healing yourself if needed.

The key is the healing orbs.

That doesn't work for me. My Sage does not have a Memories of Healing (I think my Shadow has it. I know one of my avatars has it, but my Sage doesn't). I tried every piece of advice in these forums but still fail. She keeps grabbing me and I lose all my abilities as she pounds me and I cannot heal or run to an orb before I die. I believe that I would have to abandon that mission and restart it just so that I can enslave the dark lord to have a companion.

A "Memory of Healing" is a green orby thing that moves around that fight arena, not one of our abilities.

I can't say I noticed the orbs harming her while they healed me, but c'est la vie. They didn't always trigger when I was on them so I died the first time. Smote her the second time though. Almost certainly never taking another character through KotET.

A "Memory of Healing" is a green orby thing that moves around that fight arena, not one of our abilities.

I can't say I noticed the orbs harming her while they healed me, but c'est la vie. They didn't always trigger when I was on them so I died the first time. Smote her the second time though. Almost certainly never taking another character through KotET.

I think the green spots either harm Vaylin or heal you. It depends on who triggers it. You have to position Vaylin so that she is the one that triggers it. If you want to trigger it you need to run through the center - I think she triggers it if she is totally in the green circle (she doesn't have to hit the center).

When I used this method I caused her to engage me off to the right side and let her beat on me until the green circle hit her. I then took off for the next spot while she was stunned. Next I had to break the rag doll ability (where she lifts and pounds you on to the ground several times). She will then come over to you. If you are still in decent health you let her eat the circle again. If not, then you trigger it and get healed and head off for the next one. She has to get hit by 3 circles I think. Anyway, I needed 2 circles to insure I lived and she ate the rest. It didn't take long once I had the strat down.

Edited by AndasKastor

Actually, I knew that :o but in my frustration during when I typed that last reply, I was thinking about the different healing abilities of the different classes and "Memory of Healing" got stuck in my head as a name of one of the healing types. Anyway though, my Sage just can't survive the encounter with Vaylin. As I said in earlier posts, I'm grabbed too quickly and I can't seem to break any of her Force moves and once she starts slamming me, that's the end for me. Also being in or out of the purple circle while fighting her has the same result. Standing near or at the rocks or any other location that was suggested doesn't help anything for my avatar. And I simply don't have TIME to run from healing circle to healing circle before she grabs me and slams me up and down to the point of death. I don't know if Vaylin's fighting style is different for different classes or players, but my sage worked up from level one, earned his strength and skill as a Jedi Sage, and now he's completely helpless against an angry ghost and can't advance beyond her.

I serously struggle with Vaylin my self, I play a sentinel.

Now I quickly figured out the green heling zones that pops up, BUT why are they even there when

a) Vaylin has some stun making you unable to move to the healing

b) she has a knock that regardless of where you stand you are knocked off the platform

c) she don't at all take ANY damage what so ever

Any tip would be greatly appreciated

Its generally a long fight, the toughest IMO.

Trick is to stay at the foot of the stairs, with her in front of you....if she is behind or on your side, move back and forth to get her in front of you. STAY VERY CLOSE TO HER. She reflects all damage that is not generated in melee range.

Watch her charges. When she reaches 30, she gets ready to go nuclear. RUN UP THE STAIRS at this point to the top, near the throne. It should miss, if it hits you will hit the back of the throne and be fine. Then move back down to the foot of the stairs.

Grab the green memory health things when they come close to you, then MOVE BACK TO THE FOOT OF THE STAIRS and stay there.

If you can manage this, you will eventually wear her down.

Good tips, but HOW do you run up there, when she stuns you.

My last try I found that as soon as her storm was up the healing nodes was close by, BUT the storm stuns you, it is a non breakable stun as it has no "icon" as to skill used and you can not use your stun break to fix it.......she does have some stuns you can however.

So with her or some game bug, preventing you from ANY MOVEMENT when she hits the srorm then HOW can you run to the throne and HOW can you get the healing?

I dare say the fight is TOO har and should be made a little more easy

Okay, did the fight again today with a DS Operative/Concealment. I had Dramath with me since I knew to capture him earlier....but he lasted about five seconds after I went up the stairs to fight the bosses!! :eek: Again I was alone and thought I would die. I killed Arcann first since his HP is much lower by just running around and stabbing/shooting him until he died, and avoiding his yellow cone attack. My Op could easily handle Vaylin in melee with all her knife skills and by staying at the bottom of the stairs, but I kept a close watch on her stack and used the same technique to run before she popped the red circle AoE--she never got me with that attack. I used probably three Memory of Healing ponds for myself along with self healing as I ran around, then simply kited her through about four other ponds and that did it for her. :cool: Did it this time in one go. Edited by Zooball

How do I get to use companions here, this is a solo match?

You can bring Valkorian's father, Dramath with you if you chose the DS choice and captured him in the earlier chapter with the holocron......but my post above indicates he might not be of much help. :confused:

Edited by Zooball

You can bring Valkorian's father, Dramath with you if you chose the DS choice and captured him in the earlier chapter with the holocron......but my post above indicates he might not be of much help. :confused:

Yeah, not too much help for a light sider.

I did not free him, as I felt this would be evil, him being a dark lord and what not.

I did however find a way to actually group up, ans that did the trick for me

I have to agree this fight is excessively difficult considering we are not allowed companions.

To those who have managed to beat her, you either have better skills than the average player or you were very lucky. I'm betting on the first, but I'm sure there might be a few instances of the second. ;)

In short, this encounter is in need of some serious balancing.

Yeah, not too much help for a light sider.

I did not free him, as I felt this would be evil, him being a dark lord and what not.

I did however find a way to actually group up, ans that did the trick for me

What was the way to group up? As a light side toon that always went light side, I didn't free the dark lord either so I don't have the DC. I tried to kill her a few time then went looking for help... still dying. Maybe if I could group up somehow I could beat her. So, what is the way to group up? :eek:

What was the way to group up? As a light side toon that always went light side, I didn't free the dark lord either so I don't have the DC. I tried to kill her a few time then went looking for help... still dying. Maybe if I could group up somehow I could beat her. So, what is the way to group up? :eek:

Group up in these instances:

Invite a friend

Summon the friend to your instance. (Should be a summon after you group up on your picture where says summon to your instance)

There is an easier way, you only have to get her to collide with 4 or 5 of the healing memories, they do a lot of damage to her

The trick must be in surviving long enough for 4 or 5 of them to spawn. I still haven't managed that.

EDIT: I can confirm that this strategy is sound. It might take some tweaking of your Utility Points in order to survive a bit longer --in my case, as a Jedi Shadow, I went for Celerity, Mental Defense, Force Harmonics, Kinetic Acceleration, Sturdiness, Egress, Mind Over Matter and Avenging Grip, but your class might require a different setup.

Good luck!

Edited by Mabhsy

........Seriously, story folks don't understand the mechanics of boss fights because they don't want to have to understand them. If they wanted that, they'd play group content, or the new veteran modes.

I sailed through all the content until this fight, and now die 6 times without even being in the fight. What sense does it make to have easy, non-skill related content through the entire 70 levels of content, then make the final fight require RAID or VETERAN level skills?

I went back in after posting this, and tried two more times with better stims and heals. Died just as fast.

This is NOT fun. I will come back to this after they fix it, if ever.

Good luck folks.

Edited by Dorcraft
New info

Yeah, I'm pretty effing livid at this fight. I'm a casual player who really plays more for the story progression and character creation.... I'm not an amazingly skilled player who tweaks this **** easily. I've been trying to beat this ****** for the past hour and a half and I'm just gamer raging like no one's business. This is extremely frustrating as the level of coordination and skill required to win this battle seems beyond my current abilities lol I haven't had an issue like this the entire game and I am very disappointed that I seem to be now stuck after ALL this god damn time... Really just very, very disappointing.

Ok, I officially suck - after using AoE 99% of the time through these last 2 expansions I no longer have the skills to beat this :)

She does too much damage to me too fast. I can get her affected by the first healing circle, but then I am too hurt and have to use the subsequent circles for myself.

70 Gunslinger. Time to go read a class guide and see how to optimize. Maybe that will help.

70 Sorcerer. the same. My very best try was to deal 40% damage. All in circles as ALL my other attacks are useless in that fight. Arcann, at least, took damage from my lightnings. And there was a shield.

I understand I'm just a casual player and this fight is for profies, but them profies have whole lot of veteran content to play.

Edited by LorcaGneditch

Someone told me that the memory healing pools do alot of damage to Vaylin, haven't tried it yet. Has anyone gone this route to defeat her yet?

Not to be 'that guy', but did you read the entire thread?

Anyway, yes, this is a valid strategy. If the memory of healing hits Vaylin first she will take about 30% of her hit points and it will also stun her for a bit. Note that the memory of healing will either heal you or hurt her - depending on who triggers it so you may have to plan accordingly. The benefit of this strategy is she will never do her big knockback if you don't do damage to her with your abilities.

This still takes practice and probably a few deaths.

Edited by AndasKastor

I'm having the same problem. Since I play as a squishy little gunslinger, I can't beat her no matter what strategy I employ. She's too overpowered and her constant barrage of stuns make this battle near impossible...

Take a look at your combat proficiencies (the 8 abilities you choose while leveling). I had to change from DPS to defense and healing. I am a 70 gunslinger/sharpshooter and died multiple times before changing these. I beat her the first time after changing. I don't remember the exact things I chose, but if you need me to I can log in and make a list.

There is more detail in one of my previous posts in this thread. Note my sub runs out in a couple of days so I won't be able to post much longer.

Edited by AndasKastor

I first completed this on my Assassin Tank with Lord Dramath as my companion (Dark Side Choice). He will be your healer if you choose to keep him imprisoned. It was an easy as hell literal tank and Spank...I stood still the entire fight and she died quickly.

My SECOND time through, I did not have him with me on my DPS Mercenary. I died three times before I remembered how to MMO (as SWTOR basically NEVER gives us difficult solo fights) and I was able to beat her.

I love that it was difficult! Reminded me of how difficult Vanilla story line fights were with the boss at the end. Remember how impossible The Emperor used to be at the end of the Jedi Knight storyline? Darth Baras? Thanaton?

I miss the difficulty of those fights and this did not disappoint! I want more fights like these!

Edited by CrownofGold