defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe

I used the trick of standing at the bottom of the stairs with my back to the throne, i got knocked back a few times but didn't go far because of the stairs. I didn't use any tactics at all and just stood toe to toe with her, however i had Lord Dramath as a healing companion so i didn't even bother with the green healing circles.

How did you have a companion in this fight?.. no companions allowed... If you had a companion your cheating some how.. this is a SOLO fight..

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you have a companion in this fight?.. no companions allowed... If you had a companion your cheating some how.. this is a SOLO fight..

I don't think he was cheating. I'm gonna assume he chose to keep Lord Dramath in the holocron or whatever rather than freeing him, thus making Dramath support him in the fight in that spirit/mind world.

And if that's the case, good to know. I won't be freeing him on my other characters :p

Edited by JennyFlynn

If yuo didn't release Lord Dramath from the holocron back on Nathema, he joins you for this fight as a companion.

Which I think is a source of a lot of the problems. I think BW balanced it with Dramath out thinking "well this is easy enough for the story folks, they just have to watch out for the knockback and all good"

Then all the LS people get there and go ***

Let me guess, you had Lord Dramath with you?

Or perhaps a class with a bunch of heals?

Wait, I got this all wrong, you are one of those elitist raiders! how silly of me...

Seriously, story folks don't understand the mechanics of boss fights because they don't want to have to understand them. If they wanted that, they'd play group content, or the new veteran modes.

No, it was my light side char.

Yes, I used two. A weak hot and class heal with long CD.

No. Unless reading enemy buff tooltips makes me an "elitist raider".

Actually I did it with my sorcerer, lightning, mostly just shielding, at melee range and only two green orbs used. I also avoided the big red circle and kicked a few abilities. I think the fight isnt really hard. Actually well balanced between movement and right abilities. The rest depends on the gear and how well you can use your abilities.

Edited by Zasszz

I just did it on my sharpshooter gunslinger less then 8 hours ago, its an easy fight u just need to be in the 4m melee range because of her buff if ur not in melee range u take all of your damage, also entrench, shield probe, dodge on her knockback its an easy fight.

does that mean stay in the purple circle or out of it?

It means to stay in the purple circle.

While playing as a gunslinger I also had some problems for the first ten deaths on the story mode difficulty. I already managed to read all those comments about people having difficulties who probably just suck at this game (cheers to all the guys sharing hate in this topic). I managed to defeat the spirit by just using two skills - vital shot and sweeping gunfire, and it took my only a couple of minutes. I started at one side of the isle, punched the vital shot and sweeping gunfire until her spirit got 30 stacks, collected the healing in the meantime and run to the other side. When she came back I did the same thing, stacked her fast, took the healing etc.

That's no rocket science but I managed to stack her fast enough not to let her punch me too much. I had to interrupt her once or twice, and just enough to have the cooldown for escape gone. Just remember to give her some additional sweeping time when she gets stunned.

Casual players ftw!

This was long and horrible, as in it hurt my hand by the end but I didn't find it too challenging. There was once where I almost died as she stunned me then drained me from 100% health to near 39%...she was only on stack 11 so I dunno what happened there. Just unlucky. Attack her until she hits 30, run away, get stunned, run, get stunned, then run away for realz. Then attack again. Once you hit 79% health or lower, start trying to run to a green health circle..She may dock you down to 40% before you find one. Heal...find another circle if needed, but I rarely needed that. Maybe that once she drained me. The fight lasts awhile but doing this tactic works.

If yuo didn't release Lord Dramath from the holocron back on Nathema, he joins you for this fight as a companion.

Which I think is a source of a lot of the problems. I think BW balanced it with Dramath out thinking "well this is easy enough for the story folks, they just have to watch out for the knockback and all good"

Then all the LS people get there and go ***

You're kidding me. So DS characters get a companion and those of us who didn't... I know my rotation fairly well and I'm a bit tired but I'm dealing with so much lag in Harbinger right now. So I'll try again tomorrow morning- but I think you're right. The fight definitely feels like you accidentally stepped into a boss encounter with your companion dismissed.

It's not wanting a free pass thing- it's a, if they balanced it to give the people with a healer a challenge, the fight is going to be legitimately more difficult for those of us without one.

So, tired, bad day and feeling really squishy.

Please tell me you who have died several times are talking about veteran mode and not story mode. Otherwise this might be the point where no amount of tips can save you from your lack of understanding of game mechanics or tooltips you never read on your enemies buffs. After playing up to the last chapter and still failing at something so basic would be embaressing.

:eek: Go back under the bridge!

The fight wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes, she'll stun you. So save your medpak and and shields for when you run low. Then get to one of the healing circles. Avoid the red circle when she charges, or you'll get knocked off and reset. Took a few knockoffs to get the hang of it, but essentially, as long as you rotate your buffs and time your buffs and attacks, the fight is long, but not overly difficult.

Sounds like this is really a really badly thought-out fight.

I had one death on my DS lightning sorc, because I got tossed over the edge. The second time I stood on the throne and didn't have a single care in the world. Dramath healed me, I suppose, but I was only paying attention to my rotation, so I didn't really notice. I think I interrupted Vaylin one time, then decided to just kill her fast without any fancy stuff.

If anything, I was surprised at how easy it was with my back to the throne's back.

It's sad that it's so painful for other classes. :(

This fight is so frustrating and not leveled for LS DPS character that i feel like leaving the story as is... Cant bloody finish this.

I did it just fine on my LS Slinger. It was a huge learning curve. Avoid the red circle of doom, save your shield for when your stunned at low health, and always take advantage of the green heals when your health gets to a certain point. It's hard to stay in one place, but in my case, break away to a heal circle while she's casting her red circle, and go into cover. Especially useful w/ the disciplines for healing.

I tried following the advice on this post but all that accomplished was me dying faster. I can't beat her. I can't even put a scratch on her.

(PS: How do you exit out of story mode in a way where you can summon your companions? I want to come back to this nonsense at a later time)

OP, way to go, posting spoilers in the thread title, don't ever give us, mortals, who didn't finish KOTET in the first few hours of early access, a chance to avoid any spoilers.

You do realize this is the Spoilers forum, if you don't want to read spoilers perhaps you shouldn't read posts here. There is no requirement to warn of spoilers in this forum in the title or anywhere in the post.

I tried following the advice on this post but all that accomplished was me dying faster. I can't beat her. I can't even put a scratch on her.

Are you standing in the violet circle around her? Because every attack fired from outside that circle is directly reflected back at you. You need to stand in the circle.

This fight was easy on my vanguard but I'm not looking forward to it on my operatives and gunslingers :/

everytime someone complain..at least when I did..I get the generic ''Dont stand in stupid! I did it on my JK ! It was easy!'' ....

Urgh.....I havent beaten her on my sniper..and it is a pain . Prepare for mass smooching the ground lol cose it's far harder . Didn't have this issue on my Jugg and Sorc though . So I can assume , those with guns will have a harder time (or mostly squichy dps ) will die more often .

I am on story mode, and it took my a few tries before coming here for help. The best piece of advice is to keep running her into the Health orbs- it does a lot of damage and you get free hits on her. I kept on the move, either placing Vaylin in the path of the orb, or taking it for myself. Like I said, I played story, so it only took four orbs and some minor offense to beat her. That's the best way to do it IMO.

I am on story mode, and it took my a few tries before coming here for help. The best piece of advice is to keep running her into the Health orbs- it does a lot of damage and you get free hits on her. I kept on the move, either placing Vaylin in the path of the orb, or taking it for myself. Like I said, I played story, so it only took four orbs and some minor offense to beat her. That's the best way to do it IMO.

I tried that..but..was able to walk on 2 of them...so was half way trough..and then she got me. But yeah , that's the strategy I tried on my sniper..of running around.........

everytime someone complain..at least when I did..I get the generic ''Dont stand in stupid! I did it on my JK ! It was easy!'' ....

Urgh.....I havent beaten her on my sniper..and it is a pain . Prepare for mass smooching the ground lol cose it's far harder . Didn't have this issue on my Jugg and Sorc though . So I can assume , those with guns will have a harder time (or mostly squichy dps ) will die more often .

Yeah, some advanced classes are definitely not designed for a one on one fight! The tank classes are obviously meatier and can take more hits and have more interrupts and such but certain other classes are like tissue paper on their own without a meat shield to hide behind :o