Senya needs to go

Lium

I agree with the OP.

The entire point of my alliance was to stop Arcann and his eternal fleet.

Arcann on on numerous occasions tried to kill me, and along with his brother and military brought ruin to the empire/republic that I called home. Under his rule the galaxy was placed under totalitarian rule and made to bow to his every whim. When I was rescued it was under the intention that I would work towards ending him and his rule.

So there are two great betrayals, Scorpio and Senya. Scorpio's is obvious, but along with Senya's betrayal I am back at square one. Arcann, The Emperor of Zukuul is still alive and likely wants to kill me more than ever after I defeated him again. The galaxy is still under totalitarian control by one of Senya's children and I have no reason to believe that Vaylin will not simply vacate the throne if big brother comes back, or maybe he is her right hand. Who knows? The point is that for my character, nothing has changed since chapter 1.

This is compounded with the fact that I now know Senya will not let her children be killed or kill them herself, and that is the entire reason for the alliance. In fact when we first learned Arcann was her child, her loyalty was a major point of contention. Turns out Koth was 100% correct.

I'm not sure how the leader of the alliance could possibly work with Senya again, because her goals are the opposite of my own. If Senya is present during a fight with Vaylin I have to assume she will take Vaylin side against me.

Her actions so far have shown that she values her family above everything else including the rest of the galaxy.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not see mass-murdering as an immoral thing - and you do not, it's "just conquering" for you - then sure, Thexan was not immoral.

It's possible to look at this from a non-Binary point of view.

Invasion, Conquering, and War are bad. Particularly for the recipient. But there are degrees.

1. What happens to the conquered country/world once it is defeated?

2. How are the civilians treated?

3. What happens to prisoners of war?

Not enough is known about Thexan at this point. He could be just as bad as Arcann. Or perhaps not?

Based purely on the trailers, he seemed to have some degree of compassion, at least for his own brother. Perhaps that extended to respect for the worlds he was conquering, If so, it would certainly make him better than Arcann.

I agree with the OP.

The entire point of my alliance was to stop Arcann and his eternal fleet.

Arcann on on numerous occasions tried to kill me, and along with his brother and military brought ruin to the empire/republic that I called home. Under his rule the galaxy was placed under totalitarian rule and made to bow to his every whim. When I was rescued it was under the intention that I would work towards ending him and his rule.

So there are two great betrayals, Scorpio and Senya. Scorpio's is obvious, but along with Senya's betrayal I am back at square one. Arcann, The Emperor of Zukuul is still alive and likely wants to kill me more than ever after I defeated him again. The galaxy is still under totalitarian control by one of Senya's children and I have no reason to believe that Vaylin will not simply vacate the throne if big brother comes back, or maybe he is her right hand. Who knows? The point is that for my character, nothing has changed since chapter 1.

This is compounded with the fact that I now know Senya will not let her children be killed or kill them herself, and that is the entire reason for the alliance. In fact when we first learned Arcann was her child, her loyalty was a major point of contention. Turns out Koth was 100% correct.

I'm not sure how the leader of the alliance could possibly work with Senya again, because her goals are the opposite of my own. If Senya is present during a fight with Vaylin I have to assume she will take Vaylin side against me.

Her actions so far have shown that she values her family above everything else including the rest of the galaxy.

I'm not sure why you think Arcann will still come after you at this point.

You have no idea sweet summer child. Try browsing the SWTOR section of fanfiction some time and revel in the utter garbage that actual players of the game come up with. KoTFE suddenly seems like Shakespeare in comparison to 99% of that stuff. And that is an impressive feat considering that KoTFE isn't particularily good to begin with.

Some of it is pretty good, especially if you consider that it's written for free, usually with minimal editing and oversight. I can bet you the story drafts for KOTFE didn't look much better than some of that fanfic.

And FTR, I'm not talking about anything I've posted in there. I'm not the judge of the quality of my own work.

Edit: That is, I assume you're talking about the fanfic posted on these forums. If you mean somewhere else, then I dunno.

Edited by Rolodome

I find it surprising how much hate there is for Arcann, and Senya, Vaylin. But nobody ever mentions Valkorion. Hes the reason his children are the way they are. And why all of this is happening in the first place.

Any parent will do their best to save their children, no matter how hard they have hit rock bottom. I can't blame Senya for trying.

Valkorion ate an entire planet, ruined another, killed tons of people, brainwashing his daughter, making his children emotionally unstable.

I won't be surprised if we get the chance to kill Arcann, especially as kotfe/kotet is being wrapped up. But I hope not! I hope he'll be redeemed and become my forever LI!! ;D

Senya doesn't deserve to die imo, Vaylin can, I don't really care for her.

But I personally won't let anyone die as a pure LS SI.

So we have to ignore "The story so far" so that we can justify not wanting to kill Arcann? Did Valkorian give the orders on Asylum? Was it Valkorian that gave the order that caused Koth to desert? Did Valkorian stab himself with a lightsaber, or was there someone else "pulling the strings"? That's right, your "forever LI" was the one that gave the orders, or enabled Valk's death, either by stabbing him himself, or setting us up to do it, depending on the choices made. "But I love him" doesn't excuse his actions, nor does it make him innocent in the grand scheme of things.

I know every toon that I've started KotFE with went out with the intention to kill Vitiate. I have yet to see anyone but this post that claims he's anything like innocent. However, his guilt does not disqualify his children's guilt. "But he made them that way" isn't really a qualifier, considering the end of Chapt 16. If they were both that way, Senya would already be dead, and so too would Arcann, since Vailyn would have killed both of them.

I'm not sure why you think Arcann will still come after you at this point.

Why not?

He has no reason not to, and every reason to.

#1 He still hates me. Nothing has been shown otherwise.

#2 He still hates his father, who is still inside me.

#3 I was the architect (sorta) of his downfall.

#4 I have the only vehicle capable of fighting the eternal army and getting his throne back.

#5 He's an evil a-hole and has been since the first time I met him. DS doesn't need a reason.

So, again why wouldn't he come after me? Because mama is there? As far as I know she was planning this from the beginning, giving him a safety net in case I actually did win.

The introduction to KOTFE movie, where we see both brothers sent to harass core worlds, then them pillaging said worlds and finally proudly showing the father trophies brought from the "journey". It's all there.

There was no signs anywhere Thexan himself enjoyed the fighting or killing, and or "proudly" showing there trophies. Galen Marek brought General Kotas lightsaber and presented it to Darth Vader, just because he presented it, doesn't mean he's showing it as a war trophy, he is showing it to Darth Vader to prove he is dead, much like I assume Thexan and Arcann were. They showed it to Valkorian to prove that there top leaders of the Empire and Republic are dead, it can be possible for glory, but without further clarification on it of what Thexan was thinking, we don't know.

If you do not see mass-murdering as an immoral thing - and you do not, it's "just conquering" for you - then sure, Thexan was not immoral. I'd say an admiration from a sadistic-psycho Vaylin alone can be a sign, but she could say what she said just to piss-off Arcann. Aside of that, all we know he (Thexan) destroyed the worlds only by the order of his father, unlike Arcann, who did it on his own too. Guess for some it's a strong redeeming quality.

I don't believe in genocide, but depending on the circumstances, I do not see "mass murdering" as a crime in itself. It depends on the intentions of who the people are killing, and why the person is killing those people which I believe is evil. If the people, aka trandoshans, hunt for sport and cruel intententions only to progress there own agenda of proving themselves by the deaths of others, then yes, I wouldn't mind a few of them being wiped out. However if it was a peaceful civilianization, then yes, I would be totally against even one of there deaths.

However... why are we incriminating only Zakuul for such a act? Why do the Republic and Empire get such a free pass, but not Zakuul? I don't see any worlds destroyed, I mean, it may to lack of poor planning from Bioware, but I don't relatively see anything "destroyed" not to mention it could of been from Arcanns cruel rule rather than Thexans initial attack. The Jedi and Sith come all the time to planets warring and getting the natives involved one way or another, there responsible for acts of war crimes, genocide, mass murdering and all that.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Why not?

#4 I have the only vehicle capable of fighting the eternal army and getting his throne back.

#5 He's an evil a-hole and has been since the first time I met him. DS doesn't need a reason.

So, again why wouldn't he come after me? Because mama is there? As far as I know she was planning this from the beginning, giving him a safety net in case I actually did win.

Good points tbh! I'm glad you posted this :)

All this hate for Senya, in the end has she raised a lightsaber against you? Has she actively attempted to cause damaged to the Alliance or anyone in it (Koth doesn't count)? No and I feel that her saving Arccan is more a mother wanting to help her son from the grip of his father. As for his crimes of murder....well you have me there. The beginning attacks before his brothers death cannot be blamed on him but after he took the throne.........

She didn't kill Vaylin because she was kinda just told how her other son died which put her into a state of shock. Unlike a sith she cannot lash out because her code is all about discipline, that includes self discipline.

As I recall she has saved the fledgling alliance on numerous occasions.....

In my eye's I have less trust for Koth a deserter and an active supporter of the most evil thing this universe has ever seen.....

Like I said, she was emotionally compromised. At the very least, we should've been given the option to boot her from the Alliance.

There was no signs anywhere Thexan himself enjoyed the fighting or killing, and or "proudly" showing there trophies.

I though the face expression was done very well. Guess, you needed some text added like "Thexan and Arcann are very proud of what they did". Or that would also be not enough? Too bad all we have is them shown at killing moments and glory moments.

I don't believe in genocide, but depending on the circumstances, I do not see "mass murdering" as a crime in itself.

And this is the problem. Do hope you will never rise to any power allowing you to influence anyone's life.

Why not?

Says who? Did he seem hateful after you defeated him?

He probably does still hate his dad, there might be another way to get rid of him. You were collateral damage.

By your logic he should also be hating his mother as much as he hates you, if not more.

She helped you out with a lot of things, including his (downfall) Yet he saved her, something I don't think Vaylin would have done at this point in time. (in addition to question 1)

Depends on the story the eternal army isn't even owned by him anymore, he has nothing. He'd be after his sister and scorpio. He'd probably side with you like the story(kotet) really seem to imply.

He seems like he's going to be making a 180. Whether you want to still see him as evil even though he might no longer have bad intentions is up to you.

_____

You really have a poor sense of direction if you think Senya was plotting against you. She might have wanted to save her son, her kids I think thats obvious. But if you mean she wanted to go against you and your alliance, I'd say you're really far off.

The end of kotfe seemed to have redemption implied, I think he will have a chance do so so, I also think you will have a chance to kill him, if it didn't matter to you in the end.

:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Actually my jedi and smuggler never did say they would kill Arcann. They always stated they would wait and see when the time came. If either saw a chance that Arcann could be redeem they would have done it so killing Senya for something a mother would do not happening with my republic toons.

For my sith toons it would depend on them. I am not going to make that choice right now as I don't want to make a choice OOC until I see if or what she states and sees what Arcann is going to do.

And this is the problem. Do hope you will never rise to any power allowing you to influence anyone's life.

Do you read anything other than the first few lines of my post? I literally posted an example of why I don't completely condemn that 100% of the time. Most of the time I would completely be against it, but there are a few scenarios where it would be, imo, acceptable, not preferably however.

For me Arcann & Senya have to die! I've tried to do it twice (to Arcann) and only thing that has stopped me is the script of the story:mad:

Arcann has to die as he stands in my way to power, as long as he lives he is a threat!

Senya has to die as she has betrayed me even though she said "I know what has to be done" when confronted about whether it would be a problem for her when the time comes to kill him.

For those who say that my character is no better than him as a murder, I agree, but my character is a DS Sith who has sought power all through the game and my character has no problem with that:D

I don't believe Arcann has suddenly turned over a new leaf in attacking Valyin to save his mother, more that he attacked Vaylin to save his mother, as his mother was his last hope of survival at that point. Desperate people will do desperate things.

Edited by Gessabel

Says who? Did he seem hateful after your defeat?

Says himself, from the moment I met Arcann he has tried to do nothing but kill me and pin his crimes on me. After his defeat he did nothing at all to redeem himself to me. He didn't apologize, or even say something completely cliche like "Now I understand." Nope. He just escapes with his mother. So Why would I assume because I won now he likes me? Is that how fights work? When you win the other guy is your best friend now?

He probably does still hate his dad, there might be another way to get rid of him. You were collateral damage.

I'm still collateral damage. Nothing has changed he still wants his father dead, his father is still in me. Either way that again does not make me wont to be his friend

?

I was the leader of the resistance that destroyed his flagship and dethroned him. Not to mention I personally defeated him in battle, wounding his pride (which he has so much of) and wounding him physically. Seriously vengeance for someone stealing your rightful throne happens so often it's a cliche at this point he literally needs no other reason to come after me than this.

Depends on the story the eternal army isn't even owned by him anymore, he has nothing. He'd be after his sister and scorpio. He'd probably side with you like the story(kotet) really seem to imply.

Again why? We have zero reason to believe that his sister and Scorpio would not welcome him back, especially from the commander's point of view. They seem to share the same goals, killing me(father) and ruling the galaxy. My goal is to prevent both of those things. Why would either one of them side with me?

He seems like he's going to be making a 180. Whether you want to still see him as evil even though he might no longer have bad intentions is up to you.

All we know is that when his mother was providing assistance to him while he was dying, he did not let someone else kill her. Weather he is turning a new leaf for... reasons... Or he just has a good sense of self preservation or not we have no idea. It is possible that he is a good person and in that case this point may be invalid, however I will point out that my character is not a good person, and will in fact still kill the man who has killed my allies and countless people in my empire while making attempts on my life every time he got.

_____

You really have a poor sense of direction if you think Senya was plotting against you. She might have wanted to save her son, her kids I think thats obvious. But if you mean she wanted to go against you and your alliance, you're really far off.

You said it...

Our entire purpose from the very start was to kill Arcann it was never hidden or even hinted at otherwise. The final plan was to kill Arcann! Senya wanted/wants to save her son, as you put it.

That is literally going against me and my alliance if her goal is the exact opposite of ours.

You said it...

Our entire purpose from the very start was to kill Arcann it was never hidden or even hinted at otherwise. The final plan was to kill Arcann! Senya wanted/wants to save her son, as you put it.

That is literally going against me and my alliance if her goal is the exact opposite of ours.

Our purpose was to defeat the emperor, Valkorion not Arcann. Then when Valkorion died and possessed you Arcann became your target because he was targeting you.

Its only natural to want to defend yourself from someone who wants to kill you to get rid of whatever he's after.

While Senya did betray you technically, she didn't do it with bad intentions towards you or to get her son what he wants.

Edited by Eshvara

I agree with you, Thexan wasn't out to please his father he just saw it as his duty i feel. However i don't see a kill count as "evil" look at lord of the rings between Legolas and Gimli, they turn their kill count into a game. So are they pure evil?

Also look at the outlander, how many Zakuul knights have you killed in this war? Those knights were human as anyone else. Maybe they grew up bad and they became a knight just to provide for a family and you killed them. Are you pure evil? Maybe but my point is in a battle situation if you're being attacked either as a defender or invader you don't think isythis evil? Until you kill civilians you don't see it as evil you just see it as doing what needs to be done for the people back home.

I would have killed far less if Zakuul didn't have super magic stealth detectors.

They chose to serve a government that leads unprovoked attacks and directs its troops to attack civilians. They could have deserted or surrendered. In fact I recall an option to let one surrender, so it's not as if they are mindless zealots.

Actually since Arcann killed half of them is he more evil than my character?

Actually my jedi and smuggler never did say they would kill Arcann. They always stated they would wait and see when the time came. If either saw a chance that Arcann could be redeem they would have done it so killing Senya for something a mother would do not happening with my republic toons.

My Jedi Shadow chose to fire on Senya because she was fleeing with Arcann and nothing more. He wanted Arcann brought to answer for his crimes, nothing more. Senya acted against the alliance and justice in her acts and given my personal feeling, would also have to answer for that. That doesn't include death though .. at least from the jedi Shadow's pov.

Honestly though, I do not believe we'll have a very limited choice when the time comes in KOTET. If we shot, we end up killing them later. If we didn't we wanted them to live so they're redeemed. That's very in keeping with BW's rather linear story telling these days. Hope I'm wrong though.

Our purpose was to defeat the emperor, Valkorion not Arcann. Then when Valkorion died and possessed you Arcann became your target because he was targeting you.

Its only natural to want to defend yourself from someone who wants to kill you to get rid of whatever he's after.

While Senya did betray you technically, she didn't do it with bad intentions towards you or to get her son what he wants.

I should have said my instead of our.

If a person goes through 100% light sided and trying to convert everyone, perhaps then Senya's action are heroic or whatever.

But for a gray (military) character or a DS character she is a traitor plain and simple. She has shown that while she lives her children who are my sworn enemies, will be protected by her. So there is a simple solution to that, She dies with them.

This is a war, and in war I guarantee you, that if someone intentionally saves the life of the enemy general, and spared the life of the enemy commander previously, both of which are their children. That person are not going to be considered for any sort of high ranking position other than head of cell block C.

Can you imagine if one of seal team 6 saved Osama Bin Laden because he was their cousin or something? No military official would care what sort of good intentions or emotions that soldier had.

While this is an emotional issue for some, I don't believe its worth debating if what a fictional character did can be compared to real life examples or views. If someone's child raped and murdered a pre-teen I doubt even their parents would argue that they were justified of the crime and fight and kill any police that came to get them for the opportunity to redeem them because they didn't get enough hugs as a child. So to try comprehend the horrific crimes someone like Arcann has done in such magnitude we simply can't the deaths are more than the entire population of earth, the untold suffering is a minor back story, how he treats people that speak out about his rule is hinted at but we never really understand if he tortures them to death while touching himself or simply drives them all into the swamp to die slowly.

But as stories go the writing creative team have an option to make this a hard hitting epic with real consequences that sometimes there is no happy ending. Or they can tell a childish mess of gibberish where the power of love conquers all and makes the galaxy a fairy tale kingdom.

Now I for one really hope that Senya and Arcann are brought to account for their actions and face justice and not your both forgiven join my alliance and my inner circle. Not because I'm so emotionally invested in Arcann and Senya I want to see them pay but because I want the creative team to be writing an adult story that shows consistency and real depth. Where you are held to account and there is no magic 5 minute conversation, where Senya says Arcann's only like this cause he didn't get enough hugs and that makes everything alright and now his your most trusted adviser. Least of all what does that say for people with abusive parents that overcame their upbringing to make something of their lives, they need not have bothered.

Edited by Costello

I am going to laugh and laugh at all the people who have decided that Arcann must die ASAP with no chance at redemption if the story goes something to the effect of...

Chapter 7: Arcann and Senya return. You have a choice to kill them or spare them and let them help.

Chapter 8: Your romantic interest turns back up if they haven't already.

Chapter 9: Someone must make a heroic sacrifice. If Arcann is still alive he makes the sacrifice. If you killed Arcann your love interest (or companion with the highest influence if you have no love interest) chooses to make the sacrifice and you lose access to them forever.

I offered Arcann and Valyn the chance to surrender every time the option came up (I don't need them dead, I just need them stopped). As such, I really don't begrudge Senya for trying to save Arcann. If anyone can reach Arcann it'd be his mother (I also like Koth and think he's basically a good guy whose main interest is in reminding you that you're fighting the Eternal Throne and not the general citizens of Zakuul).

No, Arcann can never make up for all the lives he's taken, but that doesn't mean killing him is the only option for restitution if he's truly repentant. Letting a truly repentant Arcann spend the rest of his life working to make the galaxy a better place will do the galaxy more good than putting a blaster bolt in his skull to make yourself feel better.

The dead do not call out for vengeance... the dead don't do or feel anything. They're dead. Killing Arcann doesn't bring them back to life or give their deaths meaning. All that matters are the living and those yet to live in days to come. If killing Arcann is the only way to end a threat to the living then so be it. But if he is no longer a threat to them, then killing him is a waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere (time and ammo if nothing else).

And like I said, the odds are good that if he's truly repentant and you spare him he'll probably end up pulling a heroic sacrifice at some point in the near future anyway ("Redemption equals Death" is also a big Star Wars thing) and save someone else you actually like (ex. Kira Carson or Mako) from having to make that sacrifice instead. That's a Win-Win right there.

But no doubt there will be complaints from the same bunch of dark-sider players who were butthurt over Koth stealing the Gravestone and robbing them of their victory (I guess choices DO matter) while those of us who spared Senya/Arcann and went out of our way to shut down the reactor Valyn ripped up still have Koth, the Gravestone, a solid victory against the Eternal Empire and the prospect that Arcann can be turned into a resource instead of costing us resources to pursue in the future.

I'll take those odds all day long.

I'm going to try and stay neutral on this matter. I do personally hope that we will get to kill Senya for her role in helping Arcaan. However, I equally hope that it will be possible to forgive her and gain her and Arcaan as companions. (Actually, I remember someone in another thread, I forget which, claiming the devs said that Arcaan can be gained as a companion in KOTET, but only if you didn't take either of the "kill him" prompts.)

But I will say that it's disturbing how many people say they feel absolutely ZERO empathy for the family. As someone who's had daddy issues of my own, I can say that dismissing Valkorian's influence is very cold-hearted. Parents are supposed to be people kids can give absolute trust, and emotional scarring from abusive parenting can be absolutely devastating. Plus, it's not as if Justice and Sympathy are mutually exclusive concepts. You don't have to forgive Arcaan, and you may even have a point when you claim he deserves death, but that doesn't mean you can't still feel for the guy. You can want him to face justice and still recognize him as a victim of horrible parenting.

On the flip side, to anyone whitewashing Thexan... At the bare minimum, he is just as bad as Senya. He saved Valkorian's life from Arcaan's wrath. Y'know, Valkorian, the planet-eating Sith Emperor Vitiate, evil incarnate, winner of the Worst Father Ever award? Yeah, he was willing to save him from the wrath of someone who had every reason in the world to want him dead. Plus, he in general held a very deep love for his family. There is absolutely no question whatsoever that if he was in Senya's shoes, he'd probably have done the same thing she did and saved Arcaan from death. He would've gladly "betrayed" us in the same way you claim Senya did. (Clarification: this is not meant as hating on Thexan. I feel bad for what happened to him. This is simply commentary on the double standard of people demonizing Senya, but claiming Thexan was "the only good thing to come from that family.")

I'm going to try and stay neutral on this matter. I do personally hope that we will get to kill Senya for her role in helping Arcaan. However, I equally hope that it will be possible to forgive her and gain her and Arcaan as companions. (Actually, I remember someone in another thread, I forget which, claiming the devs said that Arcaan can be gained as a companion in KOTET, but only if you didn't take either of the "kill him" prompts.)

But I will say that it's disturbing how many people say they feel absolutely ZERO empathy for the family. As someone who's had daddy issues of my own, I can say that dismissing Valkorian's influence is very cold-hearted. Parents are supposed to be people kids can give absolute trust, and emotional scarring from abusive parenting can be absolutely devastating. Plus, it's not as if Justice and Sympathy are mutually exclusive concepts. You don't have to forgive Arcaan, and you may even have a point when you claim he deserves death, but that doesn't mean you can't still feel for the guy. You can want him to face justice and still recognize him as a victim of horrible parenting.

On the flip side, to anyone whitewashing Thexan... At the bare minimum, he is just as bad as Senya. He saved Valkorian's life from Arcaan's wrath. Y'know, Valkorian, the planet-eating Sith Emperor Vitiate, evil incarnate, winner of the Worst Father Ever award? Yeah, he was willing to save him from the wrath of someone who had every reason in the world to want him dead. Plus, he in general held a very deep love for his family. There is absolutely no question whatsoever that if he was in Senya's shoes, he'd probably have done the same thing she did and saved Arcaan from death. He would've gladly "betrayed" us in the same way you claim Senya did. (Clarification: this is not meant as hating on Thexan. I feel bad for what happened to him. This is simply commentary on the double standard of people demonizing Senya, but claiming Thexan was "the only good thing to come from that family.")

thing is, I dont belive they will give us the choice of either killing Arcann or keeping him, if they are setting him up for a redemption story and bearing in mind how they have done the story recently its gonna be forced on you to accept. I personally at least would have no issue with being given the choice, I cant see why anyone would take it, since I dont belive he is worth trying to redeem but if its an option I can chose not to. However I find that highly unlikly, much more likly is that we will be forced to accept him into the allience for some contrived reason.

As for the daddy issues, well maybe you have had them, maybe severel people have had them, but I doubt anyone has gone out and killed millions of people for them, and guess what if you do kill someone and try to cite daddy issues as your defence, you will still get punished, its not a get out of jail free card.

thing is, I dont belive they will give us the choice of either killing Arcann or keeping him, if they are setting him up for a redemption story and bearing in mind how they have done the story recently its gonna be forced on you to accept. I personally at least would have no issue with being given the choice, I cant see why anyone would take it, since I dont belive he is worth trying to redeem but if its an option I can chose not to. However I find that highly unlikly, much more likly is that we will be forced to accept him into the allience for some contrived reason.

As for the daddy issues, well maybe you have had them, maybe severel people have had them, but I doubt anyone has gone out and killed millions of people for them, and guess what if you do kill someone and try to cite daddy issues as your defence, you will still get punished, its not a get out of jail free card.

No one is talking about a out of jail free card, you know.

I don't think I've seen anyone here claim that Arcann is blameless and should be let go freely.

It's just that some believe it would be better if he lived and had to do as much as he could to make up for his actions instead of just killing him. Usually, these people (Myself including) believe that not enough is better than nothing at all (Because let's face it, Arcann can't bring back those who died because of him, but he can try and help rebuild what he's destroyed.)

And I'm pretty confident that we'll have a choice.