Senya needs to go

Lium

I never saw how Arcann had to be brought to justice. What justice? He didn't actually break any laws, to be brought to justice.

He continued a war, his father already started. He then won the war, with others not loving that he won.

Now, I'm not saying he was a great ruler or shouldn't be dethroned, but I'm missing the criminal aspect to him.

if anything, we're the criminals right now and it only changes if we win.

There's a justice system in Swtor? Why are we "the players" still walking around freely?

I wonder what justice he's talking about:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice..for the crimes of Bombarding those planets......killing the scion (although we could say it isn't our buziness) , for putting a star station above each of our planets . Hum..what else? oh yeah , for participating in the fall of the Empire and repb while you were snoozing in carbonyte .

And...if that's not good enough....

For harassement !!!! I never get to taste that Alysum cuisine.......instead I go get a mechanic , then meet Senya and get yelled at by lunatic and then he invade !!!! I was starving during that damn chase ! :p

Then there is the fact he wear a mask..ok..so half of a mask . But I'm allergic to anyone who wear a mask......

You can't never tell when they are making jokes .

Ask Marr lol

Intergalactic war. Planets get bombed. Was Alexander the Great considered a criminal when he took over a large chunk of the world, through war?

He not only came in and won, the governments (Rep and Emp) said "You win, will pay you a tithe" then we get thawed out and told, "They lost, but they gave up, it's up to you to change that concede to a we've changed our minds back to war"

Intergalactic war. Planets get bombed. Was Alexander the Great considered a criminal when he took over a large chunk of the world, through war?

He not only came in and won, the governments (Rep and Emp) said "You win, will pay you a tithe" then we get thawed out and told, "They lost, but they gave up, it's up to you to change that concede to a we've changed our minds back to war"

History doesn't consider him a criminal . I do...

Twist, the true evil mastermind in KotET is Lana Beniko, who wasn't satisfied with galaxy fully united under Zakuul, so she created a new faction, specifically to reignite true war!

Twist, the true evil mastermind in KotET is Lana Beniko, who wasn't satisfied with galaxy fully united under Zakuul, so she created a new faction, specifically to reignite true war!

That's my wifey all right ! :o

Nothing like true war to shed that extra cholesterol !

Well then! Somebody get a rope! We got a dethroned ruler to hang :)

I personally would go for a better capital punishement then getting Hang !

First we make Arcann try on all kind of wigs ! (wanted to do this with irenicus so much and never had the chance)

Then we make him write BOTH the Jedi and Sith code..say about the same numbers of peoples he killed..so that's what a few billions times ?

Then we strap him on top that fugly ship (that some didn't lose) and give him a rodeo show ! lets see how long he can hang in there without throwing up .

and she did . The alliance dethroned Arcann . He isn't at the helm of the eternal fleet anymore .

So that is a goal done .

As for bringing him to justice . She actually never said ''NO! I won't let you bring him to Justice !!! He is innocent!'' She said and one could say gave the alliance a counter proposal : Let me turn him into the man he was mean to be

That's not really how counter proposals should work. Senya was in the shuttle ready to haul away, its not like there was a chance to discuss this action beforehand it was in fact sprung upon you purely because Senya didn't like the idea of Arcann captured or killed.

Now as I see it is two fold : - if you consider her part of the alliance , then as member of the alliance she has the right to change one final goal . Sure , it may rub players the wrong way , but this isn't the Empire where sith rulez supreme .(and I do understand where players irritation is coming from . This whole alliance make us more like a Bystander where stuff happen and we have no control over anything . But there is wise leadership and being a control freak ) .

Senya was a member of the alliance, if she wasn't, by very definition she couldn't actually betray you. She was also part of the leadership inner circle (PC, Lana, Theron, Koth) who together led by and large via consensus, with the PC as being a kind of figurehead "first among equals" kind of role and making the decisions based on the choices those other figures present her/him with. Senya didn't actually discuss anything about what she wanted done with Arcann or Vaylin, she kept those cards very close to her chest.

I'm fairly sure that Vaylin would have squished Senya if she ever thought that her life was actually in danger; Senya might be better with a lightsaber, but could never have taken Vaylin using her full power alone.

This just looks a bit like excuses for Senya, and as far as Vaylin holding back goes, if you ask me Senya held back more. The indisputable fact is that Senya won the duel, and then simply let Vaylin walk without attempting any further action. So Vaylin being free / alive is most definately Senya's fault.

Technically, the galaxy wasn't at war when Arcann bombed five random planets in five different sectors as a way of getting someone to tell him where the Outlander was. That qualifies as a crime. The war had been over.

And Alexander the Great, along with a host of other historical figures, would absolutely be brought up on war crimes charges if they did today what they did back then.

Technically, the galaxy wasn't at war when Arcann bombed five random planets in five different sectors as a way of getting someone to tell him where the Outlander was. That qualifies as a crime. The war had been over.

And Alexander the Great, along with a host of other historical figures, would absolutely be brought up on war crimes charges if they did today what they did back then.

No. Instead that would be the ruler taking down his own lands. Since all governments bowed down to Arcann and put themselves under his control, those planet became his to do with as he pleased. If that meant sacrificing them to find the terrorist. You know, sacrifice the few to stop the big threat.

Part of my thought on this though is, isn't Arcann doing exactly what all those dark siders are wanting to do? :p So, a dark side PC is the real criminal, as their motivation is nothing more than "I want to be the one doing what Arcann is doing" while the light sider is trying to free people from a ruler who oppresses most of his people.

No. Instead that would be the ruler taking down his own lands. Since all governments bowed down to Arcann and put themselves under his control, those planet became his to do with as he pleased. If that meant sacrificing them to find the terrorist. You know, sacrifice the few to stop the big threat.

But that still doesn't negate the crime. How many times have we seen in real life, the UN intervene in a number of countries whose rulers are terrorizing their own people? The US is involved in such a conflict right now.

But aside from that, Arcann's act was meant to be an atrocity by the writers. It hearkened back to what Malak did to Taris. "We can't risk Bastila escaping. Destroy the entire planet." It was THE bad guy moment.

This was done in the same vein.

But that still doesn't negate the crime. How many times have we seen in real life, the UN intervene in a number of countries whose rulers are terrorizing their own people? The US is involved in such a conflict right now.

But aside from that, Arcann's act was meant to be an atrocity by the writers. It hearkened back to what Malak did to Taris. "We can't risk Bastila escaping. Destroy the entire planet." It was THE bad guy moment.

We see those other countries calling the UN criminals for interfering in their government.

Let's see:

Valkorion- presumably directed the Sith Empire to attack the Republic and ate all life on a planet.

Arcann- attacked both the Sith Empire and Republic, bombed five planets to rubble, killed half his Force-users during one of his (many) tantrums.

I'd still take Valk at this point, as his body count is likely lower.

First, Valkorion ate two planets, not just one (Ziost and Nathema). His Sith Empire probably also destroyed a lot of other planets during their conquests (Uphrades gets completely destroyed during the Jedi Knight storyline for example and completely demolishing the reconstruction of Taris and making the planet uninhabitable is the Empire story arc on Taris).

He was also responsible for no less than four wars. He manipulated the mandalorions to go to war with the Republic. Then he mind r*ped Revan and Malak and made them go to war with the Republic. Then he declared war on the Republic with his own Sith Empire. Twice. He also was the one that first started the Zakuul vs Empire and Republic war since he was still in charge during the initial attack.

Not to mention all the extremely horrific sh*t he did as Sith emperor. Like mind-r*aping children (including his very own daughter) or stripping people of their free will until they are nothing but empty vessels for his own.

Please, US is cause for wars like that. They fund terrorists, so-called opposition for they own reasons and then pretend doing something useful while calling countries who ACTUALLY fight terrorists war criminals.

Please, US is cause for wars like that. They fund terrorists, so-called opposition for they own reasons and then pretend doing something useful while calling countries who ACTUALLY fight terrorists war criminals.
This is why I didn't want to use a real life example. I knew someone would take it and run with it. My bad.

Let's nip this in the bud right now and keep it to Star Wars and SWTOR. Again, my bad.

Let's try to stay on topic and within the theoretical realms of The Old Republic as portrayed in this game. Dragging real life opinions about real countries, real people and the like won't end well. There is enough in the story line regarding Valkorian/Vitiate and Arcann to argue our individual points till the Bantha's come home.

The way my full light side, goody two shoes, Jedi Shadow see's it Arcann must stand trial. Senya deserves the same for her role in Arcann's escape. My Bounty Hunter on the other hand would rather hunt them down and kill them both. But we're not going to be given that choice IMO. If you shot at Senya, you'll be railroaded into killing them both. If you let them go, you'll be railroaded into a redemption arc.

Edited by Keta

Let's try to stay on topic and within the theoretical realms of The Old Republic as portrayed in this game. Dragging real life opinions about real countries, real people and the like won't end well. There is enough in the story line regarding Valkorian/Vitiate and Arcann to argue our individual points till the Bantha's come home.

The way my full light side, goody two shoes, Jedi Shadow see's it Arcann must stand trial. Senya deserves the same for her role in Arcann's escape. My Bounty Hunter on the other hand would rather hunt them down and kill them both. But we're not going to be given that choice IMO. If you shot at Senya, you'll be railroaded into killing them both. If you let them go, you'll be railroaded into a redemption arc.

You realize, Arcann would never have escaped, if the Outlander didn't leave him there. Should have stayed and made sure he was dead, by leaving and assuming he was dead, the Outlander has no one to blame but themself.

You realize, Arcann would never have escaped, if the Outlander didn't leave him there. Should have stayed and made sure he was dead, by leaving and assuming he was dead, the Outlander has no one to blame but themself.

No actually I blame BW. My characters weren't given the chance to stick around and ensure he was dead or to drag his badly wounded torso back to Odessan for trial. Just like we won't be given a choice regarding their fate in KoTET.

No actually I blame BW. My characters weren't given the chance to stick around and ensure he was dead or to drag his badly wounded torso back to Odessan for trial. Just like we won't be given a choice regarding their fate in KoTET.

*sigh* How I wish sometimes we were given these choices.

Or...How about ripping his mask off that is allowing him to breathe, and slowly allow him to suffocate while taking slow deep breaths.

Or...How about ripping his mask off that is allowing him to breathe, and slowly allow him to suffocate while taking slow deep breaths.

His mask isn't essentiam to breathe. The way I read the "Brothers" storyline, it's meant to hide the severe damage Arcann took to his face and to look scarier for his ennemies.

In fact, it's pretty clear he can breathe without, look at the "Sacrifice" trailer, when he's being operated on, he's got no damage to his throat area.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.