Crafting in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

i need a bit more clarity on this subject. let me know if i have this right, and if not correct me.

so for tier 1, it sounds like people will be able to learn the schematics for tier 1 enhancements, mods and armorings by reverse engineering the schematics purchased from their crafting trainer; but the schematics that drop from command crates for tier 1 will be for synthweaving, armormechs, cybertechs, artificers and biotechs that will be able to craft a chest piece, legs, bracer, waist, feet, hands, head, relic, implant and earpiece which will not have any slots for armoring, modification or enhancement.

for tier 2 and 3, the schematics for mods, enhancements and armorings come from operation bosses, pvp, or reverse engineering the enhancement, mod or armoring from a piece of non-static tier 2 or 3 gear that comes from tier 2 or 3 command crates; and the crafted tier 2 or 3 enhancement, mod or armoring will have an item rating that is 2 less than the rating of the reverse engineered enhancement, mod or armoring.

is that all correct?

Also, how do relics, earpieces and implants work for tier 2 and 3? Will the schematics drop from ops bosses or will it only be from reverse engineering command crates drops?

Edited by dipstik

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember of crafting you had to do ops to get most of the items to reverse to get the schems and schems used to be much harder to get in re'ing than they are now. And you could never craft the Nim gear equivalent, but they are letting you get 2 tiers under, closest we've ever been to crafting nim gear.

Yes you are correct, but if my understanding of this is correct you are forced into parts of the game that do not relate in anyway to crafting. As I said, I'm fine that they remove set bonus and we can't craft the best.

But have us do PVP/OPS or the TOTALY broken Conquest system TO craft in the first place, now there is where I atleast draw the line in the sand.

OR as my wife just said, Oooo darling, so much time we will get with each other...... I think you get the point from that comment alone :D

To have us get Mats to do end gear items WITH bonus fine place them in Conquest or Ops. NOT non bonus items and not Schematics.

I think most of the player base agree, the conquest system was broken from day one.

Do craft 216 today you do need to do conquests, but that's optional, and as I said, I've NEVER taken part in it for that reason.

The system is so flawed it needs a new topic in it self to talk about that.

But in the end, force the player base to do things non related to crafting in any way or from to be able to craft at all is to FORCE you to do something against once will, and that in here or elseware in doomed to fail each and every time.

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.

Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.

So, since as you advance Command levels you advance in Command Tier, you have only a limited number of tries to get the Tier 1 and Tier 2 schematics before all you get are Tier 3? So you'd have to run another char through Tier 1 and 2 to try to get any schematics you missed? That probably wouldn't be a problem *if* they all had the same mat requirements, but something tells me (game history) that higher tier items will cost more to make. It seems odd that Tier 1 and Tier 2 schematics would be harder to obtain than the Tier 3 ones.

So, since as you advance Command levels you advance in Command Tier, you have only a limited number of tries to get the Tier 1 and Tier 2 schematics before all you get are Tier 3? So you'd have to run another char through Tier 1 and 2 to try to get any schematics you missed? That probably wouldn't be a problem *if* they all had the same mat requirements, but something tells me (game history) that higher tier items will cost more to make. It seems odd that Tier 1 and Tier 2 schematics would be harder to obtain than the Tier 3 ones.

I think they call that "replayability"

Would it be correct to say:

1. I obtain a piece of Tier 3 gear from a command crate.

2. I tear out an enhancement with rating XXX.

3. I Reverse Engineer that enhancement, and successfully learn the schematic.

4. I can now craft that enhancement, but it has a rating of (XXX - 2)

?

That would be the grammatically correct interpretation (antecedent of 'those' would be XXX-2), but given the current state of [u.S.] English proficiency, it could be a sloppy reference to the base (XXX) level.

Also note, that gear/mods have only been discussed in terms of item level. That equivalent item level of static stat crafted gear is poorly distributed compared to token gear, and quite often BiS lower tier gear is better than non-BiS (i.e., non-token) gear of a higher tier.

So, depending in stat distribution, crafted gear could be way worse (XXX-2 level, worse distribution) than RNGear (XXX), or better (XXX-2 item level but BiS stat distribution) than current crafted gear (XXX item level, non-BiS stat distribution).

Lets see if I got this correct.

I need either to be forced to PVP/Ops/Conquest to be able to get schems to craft?.

or worse, I need the above to craft items in the end.

I was here long before there even WAS crafting in this game, we had long talks about BW adding crafting in the first place back in what 2009/2010. Now I'm starting to regret that.

as for how you get schematics, you should NEVER force anyone to take part in something that's not crafting releated in order to craft in the first place.

I can understand and agree about the 2 rare mats. But that is also the end of the line as far as that goes.

to FORCE ppl to take part in a system that was broken from day ONE, Conquest is wrong in so many ways, you TRIED once already to force crafters to take part in that, seems you FAILED that one, as far as I go you really did since I haven't done a conquest ONCE in order to craft anything what so ever.

Stick to the old ways, give us schematics from trainers, sure cut 2 tiers and remove bonus, I don't think 99% would care really.

IF you do the system as I read into it, forcing me and those that do LOVE to craft even IF the system is broken well Dev team, for me at least that will be the last and final nail you put in.

I think most regardless if we are pvp, raid, crafter, getting tiered or your lack of vision in the end, you ASSUME way to much and it's NEVER a good idea to FORCE anyone to do ANYTHING, it will ALWAYS backfire, regardless of why, be it albit a game or in real life, FORCE anyone to do something in this fashion and you will lose.

Sincerly

pretty sure conquest mats are tradeable in 5.0 as they always have been

But what about the example in the post:

Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

Craftable:

Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods.

-eric

Tier 3 - 224 with set bonus (from command crates, moddable gear)

Tier 3 - 222 without set bonus. Craftable, static gear with no mods.

However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss.

-eric

Tier 3 - 224 Adept Enhancement (for example). Learned from RE / PvP / Looting Schematic from an Op.

Does that clarify it a little bit Khevar? The post isn't clear on what schematics will be available from the vendors though.

Eric, do the vendors have up to Tier 3 non-moddable gear schematics? Or is it only Tier 1?

Yes you are correct, but if my understanding of this is correct you are forced into parts of the game that do not relate in anyway to crafting. As I said, I'm fine that they remove set bonus and we can't craft the best.

But have us do PVP/OPS or the TOTALY broken Conquest system TO craft in the first place, now there is where I atleast draw the line in the sand.

OR as my wife just said, Oooo darling, so much time we will get with each other...... I think you get the point from that comment alone :D

To have us get Mats to do end gear items WITH bonus fine place them in Conquest or Ops. NOT non bonus items and not Schematics.

I think most of the player base agree, the conquest system was broken from day one.

Do craft 216 today you do need to do conquests, but that's optional, and as I said, I've NEVER taken part in it for that reason.

The system is so flawed it needs a new topic in it self to talk about that.

But in the end, force the player base to do things non related to crafting in any way or from to be able to craft at all is to FORCE you to do something against once will, and that in here or elseware in doomed to fail each and every time.

Oh I agree, that conquest is broken and mindnumbing. I liked it in the beginning when i could throw up some crafting and go about my business. It's not really feesible for players with limited time to hit conquest on certain weeks and other weeks your grinding nar shadda heroics (or others but usually nar shadda heroics), its not worth most peoples time to partake in a boring system. Just looking at the leaderboards you can see its died down a lot, except for the top 2 or 3 conquest guilds on a server. (unless its the rare crafting week)

I feel like they are trying to increase the grind so players stay logged in and put more time into the game, on top of that needing to be subbed to use the command system. But there is a fair bit of population that is going to leave because of all the changes.

No it's not. Personal conquest can be done whether you place or not on the board. Now if you're referring to dead servers, oh well BW has already stated they don't care about you guys, in other words.

I'm referring to dead guilds as in killed by no group content.

You'de be right if there was no difference in rewards depending on wether your guild succeeds in ranking in the top 10 of the conquest list. Even though atm Strategic Resource Matrix is is awarded for personal conquest (which is not very well designed imo), this is not a given for 5.0. as in not stated by Eric.

Most of the crafters I've talked to after that system was introduced absolutely hated conquest being tied into it in the first place. It was abusing crafting to give an incentive to a system that's very specific gameplay (and not one of the best) and per se not connected to crafting in any sensible way.

Does that clarify it a little bit Khevar? The post isn't clear on what schematics will be available from the vendors though.

Ah. I suppose it could mean this then:

1. Non-moddable gear, learned from schematics, with (XXX-2) item rating.

2. Item modifications, learned from RE, with (XXX) item rating.

That would make more sense, actually.

It is a bit disheartening that systems that were working fine are shelved and yet that trainwreck that is conquest stays in the game.

I wish you would stop trying to force those who dislike pvp and raiding to do those activities, five years of not doing them should be enough proof that those activities just hold no interest for some people.

A few questions, maybe you guys can answer 1 or 2 of them:

1. What happens to our current Dark matters/Exotic isotopes/Strategic resource matrix? will there be a vendor to trade them in for the new mats?(similar to something done in the past)

2. Can Preferred members gain access to these schematics or will they have to get a sub with the schematic to craft the gear?

3. Any update on a possible GC pass?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by crimsoncheeto

Ah. I suppose it could mean this then:

1. Non-moddable gear, learned from schematics, with (XXX-2) item rating.

2. Item modifications, learned from RE, with (XXX) item rating.

That would make more sense, actually.

It would make sense, but (as I pointed out earlier), it's not what they actually said. And, as I said, it's quite possible that it's what they *meant* to say and that they just said it wrong.

Really?

"Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.

Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them."

Looks like GC to get schematic, Conquests to get mats. It is not like that now for tier 1 stuff.

Retraction: Oh. My mistake. You are correct.

So in other words only group players can craft any GC items irrelevant if they are subs or not. Right Bye.

What are you whining about?

a) Run solo content.

b) Get CXP gear

c) RE for schematics

d) Buy mats from the GTN.

e) Craft

Edited by Khevar

No. Stop this lunacy. Don't try to fix what isn't broken and keep the current commendation system for gearing, at least for pvp. This will kill my ability to relatively easily gear over a dozen toons for pvp, and by extension, my desire to stay subbed and streaming this game.

I still have questions, can you please clarify:

I gather that the schematics for gear and whatnot you get from loot/drops/trainer will be the static 'rating-2' gear.

But what about the mods? I'd assume that schematics would be 'rating-2' as well, but what about reverse engineering?

Using current ratings, if I were to try and RE a 220 mod in 5.0, would that result in me learning a 220 or a 218?

What are you whining about?

a) Run solo content.

b) Get CXP gear

c) RE for schematics

d) Buy mats from the GTN.

e) Craft

My issue with this is:

GC is only available at lvl 70

My toons all have 208 crafted gear at lvl 65.

I should be able to craft, with normal materials, a set of level 70 tier 1 gear to put them on the new tread mill to get GC gear, or obtain mats for tier 2/3 crafted.

I should not have to grind conquest to get a set of started gear.