You Guys Are Not Listening At All - Good Luck with the 5.0 Launch

Wayshuba

Ranked would be interesting if it wasn't just 4x4 arenas which are boring...

That is why I've never done one, I don't do 4x4...

Yeah, that's something that I don't like about ranked either. In fact I find it really disappointing that this game still only has just the 2 queues (ranked and unranked) to begin with. It's so one-dimensional and I really don't get how some people play this game just for the pvp. I only pvp from time to time and even then I get bored after 3 weeks tops. Now I'm not a big pvp'er in general but I certainly did more pvp in other games I played because it was fun and had more variation.

But yeh 4x4 warzones that's like the most boring part of the pvp here, I do agree with that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't want these crates. At all.

Please, start listening to us, for realsies this time!

NO CRATES.

Give us a token to trade for whatever item we NEED. Give us whatever you want to call it, to be able to TRADE for what we NEED, not what the RNG says we have to have.

NO RNG, NO crates. At All.

We don't want these crates. At all.

Please, start listening to us, for realsies this time!

NO CRATES.

Give us a token to trade for whatever item we NEED. Give us whatever you want to call it, to be able to TRADE for what we NEED, not what the RNG says we have to have.

NO RNG, NO crates. At All.

It's too late, this is the system you're stuck with for the next year or so. Enjoy!

It's too late, this is the system you're stuck with for the next year or so. Enjoy!

It's only too late because these idiots haven't listened since people started telling them this isn't what we, as players, want. With any luck, EA will take a look at the dropping sub numbers and clean house in BW management.

Sometimes players don't even know what they want and sometimes always doing everything players want isn't necessarily what is best for an MMO. Look at Wow, still using RNG for 12 years. Sometimes you add things players want, other times you have to stick to your guns and do what you decide on doing or what you determine is best.

Imagine an MMO where everything was determined fully by the player base and not by the developer of the game. Some ideas sound good on paper but implementation or actuality greatly differs.

Edited by Nightblazer

Sometimes players don't even know what they want and sometimes always doing everything players want isn't necessarily what is best for an MMO. Look at Wow, still using RNG for 12 years. Sometimes you add things players want, other times you have to stick to your guns and do what you decide on doing or what you determine is best.

Imagine an MMO where everything was determined fully by the player base and not by the developer of the game.

Probably be the best MMO ever because people would feel they were getting their money's worth out of it.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Exactly. All this change does is limit the number of people willing to swap to a tank or healer when needed...the RNG is the BIG issue...not what freaking class/discipline it's for...limiting it MORE just hurts more.

Do you know what's the most annoying thing in current gear drops in flashpoints and operations (non-token)?

It's always for wrong role. Not to even mention the amount of tanking implants I've gotten as dps. I had 3 full rows of purple 208s/216s in my Guardian's inventory. Try to guess how many of those were tanking implants. If you guessed 13 you are correct.

Edited by Halinalle

Do you know what's the most annoying thing in current gear drops in flashpoints and operations (non-token)?

It's always for wrong role. Not to even mention the amount of tanking implants I've gotten as dps. I had 3 full rows of purple 208s/216s in my Guardian's inventory. Try to guess how many of those were tanking implants. If you guessed 13 you are correct.

And this is fixing this issue how exactly? Now you get 15 DPS implants when you desperately need a mainhand, offhand and some armor sets.

Funnier still, and what so few folks have still to wrap their heads around, with 5.0 and the rng system is the fact of the weekly cap of cxp they will even be allowed to grind. With the number sitting at 26,600 or so per week, then it is going to take a full year to reach the 300 command levels cap, PER TOON.

Now, <insert dysfunctional examples of rng gearing> , add, <dysfunctional examples of rng gear further constrained to individual class selection> , and finally multiply all this by, <insert the number of alts that you have and enjoy playing> . The sum of this equation is equal to no less, or more, than each individual is now prepared to invest in this game not only from a financial perspective but also now as an investment marked in time.

Further consideration would be given to additional factors that can and will added to the equation on a customer to customer basis, such as the remuneration of having already been subscribed for the last 5 years, lack of content, but i am a pvp player, etc etc. But EA/Bioware in their infinite wisdom have determined that no matter what metrics are plugged into the formula that it is best for not only loyal subscribing player base but also from the corporate financial management team currently overseeing SWTOR.

p.s. good luck 5.0 and may the gods of RNG ever be in your favor...........

Funnier still, and what so few folks have still to wrap their heads around, with 5.0 and the rng system is the fact of the weekly cap of cxp they will even be allowed to grind. With the number sitting at 26,600 or so per week, then it is going to take a full year to reach the 300 command levels cap, PER TOON.

Ok... a year? One crate/level per hour and apparently it will take a year... what is your source for this please?

Edited by leehambly

Ok... a year? One crate/level per hour and apparently it will take a year... what is your source for this please?

Dulfy, released last night...you best check it out...and not take muscos word on the one crate an hour. same with the weekly caps, oh yeah, those were in the patch notes....

etc etc...have fun, and may the rng be ever in your favor...

Dulfy, released last night...you best check it out...and not take muscos word on the one crate an hour. same with the weekly caps, oh yeah, those were in the patch notes....

OK, where did you get the weekly cap. Patch notes = empty. Dulfy - not mentioning it. Where it comes from? Thanks.

Ok, dude, they said on the streams repeatedly that they would be looking at the cap. Who is to say what the cap at launch is set for, who is to say it doesn't change from today's release to the actual release? Who is to say it isn't going to change again after that... they said they would look at it and keep looking at it. They even said they would consider doing something to repair any holes in the sets for rng hell. It is all there, don't need to jump to conclusions. DONT RUIN RELEASE DAY!

Might want to re-read that article a little more carefully. The 26.6k figure is what it would take you to get to cr300 in one year. Nothing about that being the cap.

Considering I struggle to hit my personal conquest goals for the week... yeah, pass.

Yup...those people pretending tweaking will happen are gravely mistaken. Until we lose at least half of the remaining players, Bioware won't touch a damn thing...they never do. This is it until 6.0 at least.

One create an hour was, per usual, a complete fabrication. Yes, that will happen at the early levels to suck you in, but once you reach needing 4k-5k per level and see what you can gain for CxP versus the time it takes, crates will take, on average, 5-10 hours to get each.

This is the mother of all grinds ever put in an MMO (and I have played a lot of them) with the additional complete slap-in-the-face to paying customers (subs) of being RNG.

If this goes over as well as v1.0 random gearing or Battlemaster Boxes did, we can pretty much kiss SWTOR goodbye very soon.

Edited by Wayshuba

One create an hour was, per usual, a complete fabrication. Yes, that will happen at the early levels to suck you in, but once you reach needing 4k-5k per level and see what you can gain for CxP versus the time it takes, crates will take, on average, 5-10 hours to get each.

Complete all heroics on planet: 450

10 planets (9 if Coruscant/DK doesn't count)

450 x 10 = 4500

(450 x 9 = 4050)

That doesn't include:

Kill elite: 10

Kill champion: 20

Do your math.

Edited by Halinalle

Complete all heroics on planet: 450

10 planets (9 if Coruscant/DK doesn't count)

450 x 10 = 4500

(450 x 9 = 4050)

That doesn't include:

Kill elite: 10

Kill champion: 20

Do your math.

How many hours do you think it would take to complete all 9 planets since we know Coruscant/DK doesn't count?

Oh and thats just one toon, once a week for one RNG gear box. How many hours? 3-4 for just one box and thats if you have no competition for some heroics. 3-4 hours for one pull of the slot machine gearing handle.

That sucks in every way in comparison to what we have had for over 2 years when it comes to gearing up and what we got for our time in game.

But I'll throw in some other figures from Reddit I found interesting from 4armmara. Baring some amazing bonuses and mob kills on CXP we get this:

1.23 million cxp will be 23,654.83 cxp weekly to reach level 300 in a year. In ONE char.

1168 warzones (weekly included) A WEEK (notice that group ranked weekly can spare you a couple warzones);

67 veteran chapters A WEEK;

78 master flashpoints A WEEK (will they be a thing? I like it!);

117 veteran uprisings A WEEK;

Thats playing solid each week for a minimum of a year straight. Forgetting that you have any alts you like to play and forgetting you might actually have something other to do than play SWTOR.

The entire thing is well beyond how bad even I thought it could be.

Edited by Quraswren

How many hours do you think it would take to complete all 9 planets since we know Coruscant/DK doesn't count?

Oh and thats just one toon once a week for one ENG gear box. How many hours? 3-4 for just one box and thats if you have no competition for some heroics.

That sucks in every way in comparison to what we have had for over 2 years when it comes to gearing up and what we got for our time in game.

But I'll throw in some other figures from Reddit I found interesting from 4armmara. Baring some amazing bonusus and mob kills on CXP we get this:

1.23 million cxp will be 23,654.83 cxp weekly to reach level 300 in a year. In ONE char.

1168 warzones (weekly included) A WEEK (notice that group ranked weekly can spare you a couple warzones);

67 veteran chapters A WEEK;

78 master flashpoints A WEEK (will they be a thing? I like it!);

117 veteran uprisings A WEEK;

Thats playing solid each week for a minimum of a year straight. Forgetting that you have any alts you like to play and forgetting you might actually have something other to do than play SWTOR.

The entire thing is well beyond how bad even I thought it could be.

Agreed!!! BEYOND BAD!