I Need Answers (Stealth Reskin of CM Gear Just Like BW Did in 1.6.1)

Nothing_Shines

If this is how they handled a similar situation previously then I'd say it should be the precedent for this and any other 'bugged' cartel market gear going forward.

It wasn't exactly similar. This now was only one item in one set on one body type out of 8 and even the preview showed how the item should look like, so it was pretty clear that it was a bug, and was also reported as such. The previous situation was independent of body type across several items of several sets, it was not clear whether the preview or the items were bugged and what the actual intended look was, so previously, the "bought/unlocked in good faith" argument was valid, while this time it really is not.

Edited by KyaniteD

Changing stuff people paid real money is inexcusable..

Contraband Slot Machine was changed from it's original inception. However I do agree, any set previously collected should not be changed or altered in any manner (aside from fixing issues with clipping, which shouldn't occur from the offset if dilligent).

As has been mentioned, the jacket not having the extra bits and bobs on female body type 2 was a bug. Apparently, it has been fixed.

I can't say I'm not annoyed too though (I have BT2 gal that wears it). It has been bugged since it was released, what, 2 years ago? And they never bothered to mention it, let alone fix it . . . until they wanted to release a version of the armor set without the extra bits and bobs. Totally a coincidence, I'm sure. I understand that it was a bug that needed fixing, but the timing on the fix really irks me.

But hey, maybe I ought to give them the benefit of the doubt. They must be getting started on fixing a bunch of those armors with visual bugs for the patches between KotFE and KotET! I can't wait for them to fix the gloves from Xoxaan's set, and make it so BT1 guys can wear long jacket type chestpieces without looking like they have a pillow tied to their butt. :)

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As some others in the thread have mentioned, this wasn't an appearance change to a live armor set, this was a bug fix. The Shrewd Rascal's Jacket had a slight difference in appearance that only showed up when it was equipped on Body type 3 and 4 female characters. On all other character types and in the icon, it had the correct appearance.

The reason that this wasn't caught in the patch notes is because of the nature of the change. In every Game Update we make quite a lot of minor art adjustments. Everything from slight adjustments in environment art to corrections to armor sets. We don't typically note these issues as a large majority of the time players would never notice the change, nor would it impact them directly. I do apologize that this fix caused some concern!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

My prediction of player responses:

- rage-y unacceptable real monies how dare you eric!

- condescending told-ya-so bugs getting fixed deal with it

- thanks for clarifying we love you eric

- meh

This doesn't impact me at all, but...I can understand people being upset...they DID pay real $ after all...

This doesn't impact me at all, but...I can understand people being upset...they DID pay real $ after all...

I can too.

I don't think Bioware is obligated to do this, but I think they could win a lot of goodwill if they were to do a repeat of 1.6.1 and issue a "Shrewd Rascals Modified Jacket" that behaves as the bugged one did to anyone who has the set collected by a set date.

I can too.

I don't think Bioware is obligated to do this, but I think they could win a lot of goodwill if they were to do a repeat of 1.6.1 and issue a "Shrewd Rascals Modified Jacket" that behaves as the bugged one did to anyone who has the set collected by a set date.

Yup. I was actually thinking of when they changed the Phantom stuff and eventually mailed out the "Classic" Phantom stuff.

Would make sense in this case, hope they do it for these guys.

Well there must be XXXX enough rich or stupid people that pay for that "reskin" trash and game is still online.

If You don't show me in the same time Shrewd Rascal's Jacket AND Outer Rim Gunslinger Breastplate i would say that's the same armor set.

- meh

You got my vote for player of the week!

- meh

I'm now at the "meh" stage. BW doesn't care. That's cool. Eric copy pasted boilerplate "too bad, so sad". About as expected. I'm down to 35 or 36 days left till sub lapses. Whatever amount puts it on 9/15. I'll play HK. Hopefully kill Skadge and Rusk. Probably be disappointed. Log out and not come back till next September. I've got like 40 games I got from GOG and Steam during their summer sales (for way less than what I paid to stay subbed from Nico through HK). and I've played a few hours in just two of them. Sitting around wishing this game were better/different isn't doing much good and KOTET is only going to be more of the same.

So, yeah. Big meh.

Wasteland 2 DC has been pretty entertaining so far, though. I found a pet ROUS and named him Nicodemus.

Guys. now that you've changed Shrewd Rascal... Maybe we could have the nasty neckwraps removed from Vrooks and Loyal Adherent sets? These would be perfect art adjustments.

I think they're going to add shoulderpads to every Jedi Robe in the game next month.

And spikes.:rak_03: