Dark Vs. Light Packs in the Cartel Market

EricMusco

Of course Bioware could prove me wrong here and put in a change to address the BoL issue that is undermining the event. I would love for that to happen in fact but I personally doubt it will.

If they actually do address it within a week or two, then the timing of this CM thing should go down in history as one of the greatest trolls by a company, ever.

But in looking at it that way, it just makes me certain no change is going to come. If it was, the appallingly obvious thing to do would have been to announce it before announcing this. And I find it hard to believe they are that short-sighted. What once looked like the possibility of a series of mistakes is looking increasingly like a very intelligent and well-planned fleecing operation.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if they used CCs from their sub stipend or from referrals. ;)

Probably about 25-30% or the CCs floating in the player base were never directly purchases with real money.

That is a massive assumption. Of course they would never share any kind of information like that with their customers. Unless the customer is also someone who works for them. I'm just saying ;)

For players who are relatively new, or have the money too spend on the packs I can understand the stuff you get from the packs that you get for doing the actual event, being BoP not being a major problem. However for someone like myself who already has a decent amount of CM stuff unlocked, this is a pretty ****** solution too the issue of the stuff from the actual event packs being BoP. For example i have gotten a full set of Satele Shan's armor set, you'd think thats great right? but no i already have the set unlocked in collections so this extra copy is completely useless as i can't even sell it on the gtn, i would literally rather have gotten a common armor set i don't have just because then it would have some use.

For players who are relatively new, or have the money too spend on the packs I can understand the stuff you get from the packs that you get for doing the actual event, being BoP not being a major problem. However for someone like myself who already has a decent amount of CM stuff unlocked, this is a pretty ****** solution too the issue of the stuff from the actual event packs being BoP. For example i have gotten a full set of Satele Shan's armor set, you'd think thats great right? but no i already have the set unlocked in collections so this extra copy is completely useless as i can't even sell it on the gtn, i would literally rather have gotten a common armor set i don't have just because then it would have some use.

I have a good portion of the current sets unlocked. Same with color crystals. Same with weapons. Same with emotes, toys, etc. This is a terrible solution. Terrible.

I'm sick of seeing people pandering to EA like it's going to help the situation. I bought 0 of the last packs and I'm buying 0 of these. I will express my disagreement here on the forums and more importantly I will vote with my wallet and buy nothing except my sub.

15 mil is still overpriced. I am a sub vet yet don't spend hours a day on a video game to have 100s of million in monopoly money. as most players. Therefore stuff usually sits on the GTN and don't move the economy.

You don't need "hours a day" to make 15 million credits.

I have an actual question...(rare, I know)...

If I get something like a Revan Upper Armor set from the DvL packs, do I need to get all the other boxes on that same toon to unlock the full armor set? Meaning, can my Imp get the upper portion, my Pub get the lower and my main toon get the supplementary items and then unlock the entire set?

If I get something like a Revan Upper Armor set from the DvL packs, do I need to get all the other boxes on that same toon to unlock the full armor set? Meaning, can my Imp get the upper portion, my Pub get the lower and my main toon get the supplementary items and then unlock the entire set?

I'm pretty sure it all has to be unlocked on the same character to count. So for instance, if you unlock a Revan belt on JimmyBob and a Revan gloves on JimmittyJimBobbyDee, you'll have 1 out of (the total # in the set) on Jimmy Bob and 1 out of the total # on JimmittyJimBobbyDee.

Which is one of the reasons the BoP thing has gotten so much flack.

Can someone remind me why people are angry there's an option to buy vanity items? Surely with this much SHOCK AND HORROR from the mortified fan base base no one will buy these packs, right? Personally, I can't wait to get home and buy several hypercrates worth of DvL goodness.

Yes. Make sure you complete each tier on the same character or your stuffs will be split and you'll be SOL.

For now it has to be on the same toon. Eric said they're working to change it.

LOL why am I not surprised Eric this is just pathetic at this point. I'm just glad I didn't waste my time with this grind vs repeat event. I feel for those who've already done so much of the event. On the upside if I want I'll be able to participate in this event without having to participate in it because I can just buy the packs off the GTN. My advice to anyone wanting these packs is don't do the event you can save alot more time doing other activities and grinding credits(heroics). Time is money so use yours wisely I'm pretty sure in one day I can earn about 10-12 packs instead of wasting countless days on this event. This game is just going down the drain imo and the MMO content drought sure doesn't help either. Good thing I'm dropping my sub next month.

Fair point, sorry I wasn't clear. I played during beta and at launch but I only stuck around for a month. I never tried returning until a few months ago and have been hopelessly addicted since.

Feedback is great for the devs, both positive and negative, no argument from me there. However, there are certain people that seem to be just completely and totally miserable yet somehow can't pry themselves away from the game. These people seem to have the loudest signal to noise ratio on the forums every single time I dare to take a peek.

The reason why we (yes I am one) are the loudest is because we WANT to love the game, but dislike either very much or extremely the path the devs or choosing. Its very sad, for me at least, because I LOVE STAR WARS and like this game and still have a couple of storylines left to do, but there are many many MANY things I dislike about the development and customer interaction the devs and PR people have done and are doing.

At least for me, that's why I'm almost always negative and yet can't pry myself away, I like it and WANT to love this game, but its very sad to see a IP I so so so SO LOVE since I was 6 be used this way.

P.S. Btw, if you need me to list a list of the many things I am unhappy about I can, just thought it might be to much unless asked for. :)

Edited by Lakemine

Can someone remind me why people are angry there's an option to buy vanity items?

Sure. Cause introducing these a couple of weeks after the event started undermines the point of doing the event at all (getting what you wanted is Pay To Win now), the CM packs are of course BoE so they don't have that nasty BoP problem and make the headache-inducing BoP "nice gesture" reward packs look like even more of a sack of **** than they already were, and the complete lack of any announcement that they've found a way to fix the BoP issue with DvL event rewards just cements the idea that they did them as BoP to make people more pliable later to buy CM packs.

People are not "angry there's an option to buy vanity items." They're angry that they are being treated like ATM machines.

I'm pretty sure it all has to be unlocked on the same character to count. So for instance, if you unlock a Revan belt on JimmyBob and a Revan gloves on JimmittyJimBobbyDee, you'll have 1 out of (the total # in the set) on Jimmy Bob and 1 out of the total # on JimmittyJimBobbyDee.

Which is one of the reasons the BoP thing has gotten so much flack.

Much appreciated!!! And I appreciate you using my actual toons names ;):p

People are not "angry there's an option to buy vanity items." They're angry that they are being treated like ATM machines.

But.... you're not. You can buy all of these items starting Wednesday night with ingame credits.

That is why people would have been better off doing anything other than the event. IF anyone who is not a new player was doing this for the rewards I feel sorry for them because they could have invested all that time saving up credits for when this pack came out, they've pretty much wasted their time. Hopefully more vets stop doing this event and instead do other things if they want those packs it does no good to feed BW's stupid metrics. It's not to late for vets to stop doing the event and grind credits to buy the packs off the GTN instead. :)

That is why people would have been better off doing anything other than the event.

I'm doing it mostly for the companion. I want a Chiss Jedi, because I'm a Chiss Jedi :)

Along the way I got both light and dark tunings, and 2 black/black dyes, so it's been worth it.

I got parts of the Ceremonial Mystic set and of the Tulak Hord set through the Dark vs Light event so far, neither of which have been recognized in my collection... i hoped it would be fixed during the maintenance, but I just checked and they remain just bound to the character and continue to be unrecognized in the collection...

They are designed to work that way. Before 4.0 the collections did not, you HAD to have EVERY piece on ONE character, but with 4.0 they changed that, and in fact it worked. (tested it the day after) But somewhere between 4.1 and 4.4 it broke, because I tested it 2 days before the LvD event started and found that it was broken. So I knew this before the event even started, I listed my findings before the event started to help people. Now they said they are looking at fixing it, but I doubt that fix will come soon, but I think releasing the boxes in the CM so soon (I thought they would be released much later down the road, as I knew about them being datamined) is their short term fix to keep people happy, until they can fix the collection account unlock.

Hey folks,

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Pickup
  • All items unlock in collections
  • No chance cubes

Dark Vs. Light CM Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Equip (following normal lockout timer)
  • All items unlock in collections
  • Each pack contains one pack item, one grand chance cube, one companion gift, and Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hello Eric,

I understand the business behind that decision and also trying to manage people expectations.

For the future, I guess, what would have been appreciated is automatically unlocking the items granted by the event in the collections for all characters vs. having to pay for it.

Anyway as small gesture, to support the game, I just bought a single crate (as an appetizer) and well guess I was quite lucky : found inside

thx.

I'm doing it mostly for the companion. I want a Chiss Jedi, because I'm a Chiss Jedi :)

Along the way I got both light and dark tunings, and 2 black/black dyes, so it's been worth it.

Ok see that's a completely reasonable reason to do this event, I may not like the event but I like the Chiss Jedi and can understand why people would want that as a companion. I just don't understand why people especially vets would bother to do this event for the packs. Seems like a huge time waste to me especially if they are just space-baring through everything in the game. I think people who want the packs would be better of doing any activity other than the event because it's just a time sink and time is money. :)

Edited by squirrelballz