Dark Vs. Light Packs in the Cartel Market

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that later on today we will be introducing the Cartel Market version of the Dark Vs. Light packs, on sale for 250 Cartel Coins. These packs are very similar to the Dark Vs. Light event rewards, except for a few differences. Here is a comparison of each pack:

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Pickup
  • All items unlock in collections
  • Each pack contains one pack item and one misc. item
  • No chance cubes

Dark Vs. Light CM Packs

• Packs and items are Bind on Equip (following normal lockout timer)
  • All items unlock in collections
  • Each pack contains one pack item, one grand chance cube, one companion gift, and Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at least this means the Light and Dark side tuning will become buyable on the GTN. But other than that... Ugh, why am I not surprised EAware tries to monetize everything; this devalues the DvL event rewards even further. :( Edited by Jerba

Where is the downvote button...?

This not only now devalues like... THE ONLY POINT OF DOING THE EVENT, but proves your greed Bioware. Seriously, instead of giving players drop packs BOL or even to be sold on the GTN, you make us PAY FOR IT. This helps no one besides whales. Garbage announcement, idea, and implementation.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Where is the downvote button...?

This not only now devalues like... THE ONLY POINT OF DOING THE EVENT, but proves your greed Bioware. Seriously, instead of giving players drop packs BOL or even to be sold on the GTN, you make us PAY FOR IT. This helps no one besides whales. Garbage announcement, idea, and implementation.

Well color me shocked you have something negative to say. I'm going to create a negative nancy bingo game and you can be one of the squares. Don't worry, I'll share the royalties with you.

Well color me shocked you have something negative to say. I'm going to create a negative nancy bingo game and you can be one of the squares. Don't worry, I'll share the royalties with you.

He explained why he is disappointed, it's not like he just went off on Eric. Not everyone was hoping these would be for sale...some people actually like "earning" stuff, not just buying it.

The way I view it...it's a decent way to get some good draws at rare items. I really don't care either way, but I'll buy at least a pack.

But you're just re-releasing for the 4th time the same items..:confused: What's even the point?

Lots of folks like myself are relatively new to the game and have been dying to have more options to get some of the older items. Chance cubes were a nice option until the jaded vets (many of whom claim they don't even buy crates) moaned about them and got them nerfed. This is what I want and I'm willing to pay to express my desire.

Ill admit I'm not exactly the most positive person, but I have defended this game a few times when they were saying battlefront is a better game, and I really, and I mean REALLY love the vanilla class stories, the vanity items such pets/mounts/regen emotes, the star wars feel etc. etc. I could go on about the base game, but ever since ROTHC, and especially KOTFE I haven't been too happy.

Besides, its a public forum anyway so I can post my feelings, and you can post yours. Your post only serves as a non constructive personal attack that furthers no ones opinions on why this is a good change. I'm not happy because this was their "fix" to the DVL events being BOP and getting useless gear and having to pay CC, and instead of making it BOL or simply equip up, we have to PAY for proper rewards, least I can get the stuff through the GTN now if I wanted it with credits.

...Am I in any of the corners?

EDIT- I kind of felt this one was rude :(. Going to change it in a sec...

Edited by peter_plankskull

Lots of folks like myself are relatively new to the game and have been dying to have more options to get some of the older items. Chance cubes were a nice option until the jaded vets (many of whom claim they don't even buy crates) moaned about them and got them nerfed. This is what I want and I'm willing to pay to express my desire.

New to the game? How...? Or did you just return to the game? Your account number indicates you were here a looooong time before most...

He explained why he is disappointed, it's not like he just went off on Eric. Not everyone was hoping these would be for sale...some people actually like "earning" stuff, not just buying it.

The way I view it...it's a decent way to get some good draws at rare items. I really don't care either way, but I'll buy at least a pack.

I never implied he went off on Eric. In fact, I find both you and Peter to generally be quite respectful in your feedback but it's ALWAYS negative feedback ALL the time. Also, it was a great chance to plug my negative nancy bingo idea. Look for the kickstarter coming soon.

Edited by Bruticis

I have to L O L at this eric post as loud and as hard as I could possible L O L

There you have it folks the DvL event has become what it always was just a fart in the wind of swtor gas blowing from holes in austin texas.

MONEY GRAB MONEY GRAB

this needs to just be the next title of the new chapter season so we can all just accept it or leave and shake our heads in shame.

L O L not even out a week and they can only do one thing but patch in a new cartel market pack that sells items in the DvL event packs

L O L

If you're so eager to waste your money, please be our guest. It's people like you that helps keeping the game alive, afterall.:rolleyes:

But first of all, every year or so there is a general sale on all the old packs that lasts only for few days.

Second, said armor sets were included in:

- their original packs

- the "Legends of the Old Republic" or something light that, which was a special pack that included only those sets sold for a limited time

- the original event version of these LvD packs

- the cm version of the LvD packs.

You must've started playing tomorrow if you really missed out all the previous chances to get them.

New to the game? How...? Or did you just return to the game? Your account number indicates you were here a looooong time before most...

Fair point, sorry I wasn't clear. I played during beta and at launch but I only stuck around for a month. I never tried returning until a few months ago and have been hopelessly addicted since.

Feedback is great for the devs, both positive and negative, no argument from me there. However, there are certain people that seem to be just completely and totally miserable yet somehow can't pry themselves away from the game. These people seem to have the loudest signal to noise ratio on the forums every single time I dare to take a peek.

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

Packs and items are Bind on Pickup

All items unlock in collections

Each pack contains one pack item and one misc. item

No chance cubes

I got parts of the Ceremonial Mystic set and of the Tulak Hord set through the Dark vs Light event so far, neither of which have been recognized in my collection... i hoped it would be fixed during the maintenance, but I just checked and they remain just bound to the character and continue to be unrecognized in the collection...

Edited by Sluedis

THIS is the solution to the big issue of the packs being BoP? Just toss more packs up on the cartel market that are BoE and make people pay for them? Man, just when I think Bioware can't sink any lower, they find a new and original way to exceed my expectations. And I better stop here, before I say something that will get me perma-banned.