OMG New Character SPAM is BRUTAL!!!

Anzel

It's been a while since I started a new character. Like others I decided to use a few server slot unlocks and try out the "event". I was mainly interested in XP Boost / Gear stuff. I have to admit, it was kind of cool to see the starter planets again as a level 1. The familiar sights and sounds, etc.

But bro. I mean Bro. I. MEAN. BRO. I am getting 41 emails now when I create a new character. When I say 41 emails I don't mean, "a lot of emails". I mean I am actually getting 41 emails for every single character I create. So there goes an hour applying titles, unlocking mounts, clicking on pets, moving / deleting armor, opening cantina packs, etc.

Can we PLEASE put this stuff into the COLLECTIONS window and send ONE email that says, "Hi there new person. All of your legacy and account stuff is in the COLLECTIONS window!" Would make life way way way easier.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is why the armor sets don't unlock in Collections. For that matter, why am I offered to buy an unlock for the HK helmet. I should already be able to download that as many times as desired on any toon.

My god yeah, so many items just get straight deleted when I make a new character as I just know I will never use them. But I wish the armours were in collections so I could just unlock them later down the line if I wanted them. Edited by Haldirwins

I"m not sure I'd call items, titles, boosts, vehicles, companions and other useful things you get to use "SPAM"

Reserve that for the "Excuse me to bother you" or "today's prices" emails please.

My god yeah, so many items just get straight deleted when I make a new character as I just know I will never use them. But I wish the armours were in collections so I could just unlock them later down the line if I wanted them.

Sending every single new character, account wide, an email is not a solution that scales well. What happens when we have like 40 items? Oh wait, we already do. What happens when we have like 100 or 200? The sooner they fix this the easier it will be.

Sending every single new character, account wide, an email is not a solution that scales well. What happens when we have like 40 items? Oh wait, we already do. What happens when we have like 100 or 200? The sooner they fix this the easier it will be.

Or don't take everything out of the mail. Just look at it so you don't have the new mail alert and let it sit. I'm pretty sure that because it's from the game itself, it won't get deleted. So just grab what you want (the titles, xp boosters, Cantina crates, etc.) and go about your merry way. That's what I do and I have something like 35 emails per new character as well.

You do not have to read or claim the items. But the time it would take to read or claim the items is the same it would take to find them in collections. It is no less manageable than a collections screen.

There are actual problems with the game and gripes about them, and then there's people that blow up over stuff like this... BW's supposed to stop working on their new group content to fix this? Sorry, but all I get is a chuckle out of the emails and it takes less than 10 min to deal with them (without deleting everything). If you don't want to see the stuff, start a new account... Edited by Savej

The HK themed rewards are in collections.

I've been here since launch and acquired quite a few additional mails, takes about 5 mins when setting up a new character to deal with them. A fraction of the time it takes to find a name that is accepted :p

If you haven't unlocked your personal inventory slots to max (80) then don't accept the mail till you are on fleet and near to a bank.

Edited by Vhaegrant

This is such a pain when starting a new character. If they're going to ask us to make 8 new characters for this "event' they could save us the tedious BS of sorting through dozens of emails. How hard is it to have this stuff put into collections? More troubling is that a lot of the stuff being sent via email came AFTER the Collections system. This means that they're really not showing devs the right way to do stuff.... Ugh.

Ummm does anybody remember lost armor, companion items, decorations, stronghold inventory, guild bank screw up, no companion pants and on and on... PLEASE (OH LORD PLEASE) DO NOT ask for a 'fix"! I don't think I can handle another "What happened to all my stuff?"

41 emails or 41 spam emails. They are not the same.

Whenever I read threads like this I am a bit of a loss. I am on all but 4 servers. I regularly start new characters across all of the severs and as of yet have never had more than 4 spam mails in any one day per character. So not sure I believe any of these threads. When I have not logged into a character for a few weeks may have 5-10 spam mails?

Takes less than 2 seconds to delete, or not all that much longer if you bother to take the time to report them.

When I start a new character I get I think now 31 in-game mail from BW, with all the free items I get from them for being a sub. This is a plus not a problem.

So my question is, Why are you lot getting all this spam in game mail, when I am not?

4 is not 41.

Mail from BW is not spam. So if BW mail is what the OP is on about, your headline is misleading as it not spam mail.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

It's just that getting all that SPAM when I start a new character is tedious and unnecessary. I'm sure it would be super easy to send me one GOOD email to let me know where to find my Collections window.

It's just that getting all that SPAM when I start a new character is tedious and unnecessary. I'm sure it would be super easy to send me one GOOD email to let me know where to find my Collections window.

But you'd have to unlock the items for 1 cartel coin each...

(Btw, 55 mails with 73 items for me. :p)

I've been here since launch and acquired quite a few additional mails, takes about 5 mins when setting up a new character to deal with them. A fraction of the time it takes to find a name that is accepted

No kidding. In addition:

Assuming you have a Stronghold on one of your alts, once you load into the starting zone as a level one, immediately go to your Stronghold, open up your mailbox and throw the stuff in your bank for now.

The Collections idea does sound less tedious though.

No kidding. In addition:

Assuming you have a Stronghold on one of your alts, once you load into the starting zone as a level one, immediately go to your Stronghold, open up your mailbox and throw the stuff in your bank for now.

That's definitely the way to go after making a new character. Simply transport to a Stronghold and dump all your Mail contents into a Cargo Bay to ultimately sort through later.

While I understand how new character mail can be time-consuming at first (I usually get about 30 pieces of Mail), I wouldn't exactly call this "spam" in any way.

Personally, I'm convinced that Bioware should merely leave everything be for now. After all, the Mailbox still remains an ultra convenient way to get your character acclimated to his environment, and provides players with the ability to comb through items / info right off the bat.

Trying to find everything through 'Collections' would probably take even longer in many ways - especially, if you were forced to track down everything yourself without any guideline of sorts.

No kidding. In addition:

The Collections idea does sound less tedious though.

I i didnt think that you can travel to your stronghold and get stuff out of banks. seem i need to build up my home

Trying to find everything through 'Collections' would probably take even longer in many ways - especially, if you were forced to track down everything yourself without any guideline of sorts.

Agree. After giving it a little more thought, searching through your Collections would be more tedious. Unless they were able to implement it in a more user friendly way.