Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know eric...

It's already been said but I condense my point because I need to make it even if it's redundant, this expansion has geared toward new players and you have crapped on the face of your most loyal veteran community. Go read up about what has killed every MMO (namely my forum handle) and realize that you cannot do this in the next expansion.

I for one will be done with this game for good if you do.

you know eric...

It's already been said but I condense my point because I need to make it even if it's redundant, this expansion has geared toward new players and you have crapped on the face of your most loyal veteran community. Go read up about what has killed every MMO (namely my forum handle) and realize that you cannot do this in the next expansion.

I for one will be done with this game for good if you do.

I've been close to quitting, the only thing keeping me here is friends and guild.. And honestly I haven't properly played in weeks. This event has just utterly put me off the game.. But I don't think they really care, to be fair.

I've been close to quitting, the only thing keeping me here is friends and guild.. And honestly I haven't properly played in weeks. This event has just utterly put me off the game.. But I don't think they really care, to be fair.

yes i know what you mean.

i feel the same at the moment about this game.i only log on to chat with friends and guildies and maybe do a few dayli or heroics.

i rly was hoping for something new coming up and then i heared about this "event" .im very diapointed from this company and how they treat the game and players.also the livestream on twitch was a reason i dont have much more hope with them 3 guys and that they try bring the game bk into track.

the result of this is i stopped my subscription because for me its no more worth to be a sub in this game after playing it 3 years and be sub for that time.

not now and not in near future

Edited by tonitirola

The DS event is not about "making it easy for Newbies". If you believe that, then you did something wrong.

Even as a player from late 2012 / early 2013 (due to RL), I will only participate with 1 character there - and thart's it. I do not feel "robbed" in any way.

This was something I asked constantly during the stream but it was ignored - I hope you can though, the more options the better!

The DS event is not about "making it easy for Newbies". If you believe that, then you did something wrong.

Even as a player from late 2012 / early 2013 (due to RL), I will only participate with 1 character there - and thart's it. I do not feel "robbed" in any way.

I never said that this event is making is easier for Newbies. Stop attacking other people without reading what they're saying.

This was something I asked constantly during the stream but it was ignored - I hope you can though, the more options the better!

Do what, exactly? Sorry :p

After reading several pages of this thread, I've come to a different conclusion:

1. The only people that remotely benefit from this event are total newbs: people that have just started playing right before or after this event started...and even they get the shaft to a certain extent by being forced to speedrun through the story!

2. Veterans are angry because they've been through the game so many times, they don't want to (nor should have to) create eight new characters. Many vets have used all their character slots and would have to delete some to make room for these new characters, which of course they don't want to do, because they've invested a lot of time in their characters. While Bioware did say they were raising the character limit, the event is not retroactive and still a huge time sink. Raising the character limit should've been thought of before the event started.

3. Newer (but not newb) players are angry, because of the time they've already invested into playing. This would force them to speedrun for the higher tiers, and they haven't played through all the content yet.

4. And newbs should be angry, because for higher tier rewards, they'd have to speedrun the entire game. How is anyone supposed to enjoy the experience of the stories if they have to speedrun through them? Even they're getting screwed!

5. The last straw though is that all items from the reward packs are BoP, not BoL. This gives only the newest of players any incentive to participate and just barely. If you get a bunch of the same pieces, you can't even give them away, let alone sell them. The rest of us see it as pointless.

This event is making me seriously reconsider my sub...and I've not even been here a year!

Oh, and Lakemine, learn to put multiple quotes into a single post. Page 192 of this thread is full of nothing but your posts to individually quoted people, one per post. You should be banned for this egregious double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple, septuple, octuple, nonuple, and decuple posting. I have never seen such redundant posting in all my years on internet message boards! I wonder how many pages you have added to this thread because it was too much trouble for you to put more than a single quote in a single post.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

After reading several pages of this thread, I've come to a different conclusion:

1. The only people that remotely benefit from this event are total newbs: people that have just started playing right before or after this event started...and even they get the shaft to a certain extent by being forced to speedrun through the story!

2. Veterans are angry because they've been through the game so many times, they don't want to (nor should have to) create eight new characters. Many vets have used all their character slots and would have to delete some to make room for these new characters, which of course they don't want to do, because they've invested a lot of time in their characters. While Bioware did say they were raising the character limit, the event is not retroactive and still a huge time sink. Raising the character limit should've been thought of before the event started.

3. Newer (but not newb) players are angry, because of the time they've already invested into playing. This would force them to speedrun for the higher tiers, and they haven't played through all the content yet.

4. And newbs should be angry, because for higher tier rewards, they'd have to speedrun the entire game. How is anyone supposed to enjoy the experience of the stories if they have to speedrun through them? Even they're getting screwed!

5. The last straw though is that all items from the reward packs are BoP, not BoL. This gives only the newest of players any incentive to participate and just barely. If you get a bunch of the same pieces, you can't even give them away, let alone sell them. The rest of us see it as pointless.

This event is making me seriously reconsider my sub...and I've not even been here a year!

I totally agree with you! Those who already beat the game several times (I'm one of them ^-^) do not want to star all over again. What freaks me out is the legendary achievement.

My End-Game characters are completeley useless for this event. Considering that all of this crap comming out of those boxes is bound is another fact that I do not like. If you get sth cool (f.ex. a rare armor Set) you'll be forced to pay cartell coins to allow another character to wear it. There it is again: PAY

Really hope that they will bring sth better next time

Okay, maybe I misunderstood or am missing something, but I had the impression from reading about the Event that we'd be shown how our server is doing, which way its leaning DarkvsLight-wise. Is that being saved for the end of the event, or is there a page somewhere on this site that shows that information? Edited by MazarineDrake

Okay, maybe I misunderstood or am missing something, but I had the impression from reading about the Event that we'd be shown how our server is doing, which way its leaning DarkvsLight-wise. Is that being saved for the end of the event, or is there a page somewhere on this site that shows that information?

It's game-wide, not server-wide. And Light Side is (thankfully) winning. Barely.

You know, I didn't really understand the crap Bioware was getting for this event until I looked into getting the Legendary Level and I have to say...are they serious? I've completed all 8 storylines, at LEAST twice, 3 times for a few and they're asking me to do it AGAIN?I'd love those rewards from the legendary level, but I'm not running through all 8 storylines for a 3rd and maybe 4th time. Come on, now.

Just remember that this event was developed to entice people to buy more cartel **** to unlock sets, character slots, etc... while some of the rewards might be nice, its a very sleazy way to induce people to spend real money to unlock stuff. If they were acting in good faith, they would at least make the rewards bound to legacy. Making them bound to the character is simply a way to say "you want this cool item? pay up or **** you".

What disappoints me about the rewards are not jut that they are bound, but that they are random partial armor sets. The odds of getting a complete set are slim to none. If you get a set that you would like to use those pieces on an alt, too bad, only full sets unlock. So you would have to buy the remaining pieces - IF you can find them on the GTN-to unlock the set and then turn around and pay Cartel Coins to be able to open it to that alt. You'd be better off in most cases just buying the pieces off the GTN - again IF you can find them. If the rewards were at least the full sets, I wouldn't feel so poorly about them.

So I just realized I don't want to buy more character slots. I can just delete these trash toons after lvl 50 and keep two for 65 right?

Correct. Once you hit Level 50 on that class, it locks in the achievement and you're free to delete the character and reuse the slot for another class.

Just make sure that getting that sixth class to 50 isn't your last task for Legendary Level - you want to ensure that you save something on that tier for your main DvL toon to do so they get those last 30 packs and not some throwaway.

im still so disapointed about this event and how they treat long term players.

also the outlooks into future of the game and the last live stream from "developers " ( i prefere call them gamekillers ) is so bad that my fun in the game is totally down.

makes me feel right that i stopped my subscription after 3 years permanent sub cause this is a NO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Devs said that armour items we get in rewards will be unlocked in collections. I call bs on this since so far I have only been able to unlock FULL SETS THAT I HAVE EQUIPPED ON A SINGLE CHARACTER in collections and not individual items. Have they changed this for the D/L event rewards or do we still need to collect & equip a full set on a single character to unlock the whole armour set? Forum search did not find me an answer to this.