Did update 4.3 finally kill PvP servers?

TitusOfTides

I've been on Jung Ma for about two years, and the population has always been low; not quite dead, but still breathing enough to do the things I wanted when I wanted.

Ever since 4.3 I have not been able to get a single WZ pop, and I wonder if it is due to the addition of PvP focus areas. The highest population I've seen on either fleet, during prime time is ~25. Have other players been seeing the same thing on other servers?

Edited by TitusOfTides

I've been on Jung Ma for about two years, and the population has always been low; not quite dead, but still breathing enough to do the things I wanted when I wanted.

Ever since 4.3 I have not been able to get a single WZ pop, and I wonder if it is due to the addition of PvP focus areas. The highest population I've seen on either fleet, during prime time is ~25.

Harbringer is sucking whatever life is left there and the majority of others who did not transfer have quit. It been happening on every server other than Harbringer. Harbringer now is the "GO TO" server and people are flocking there daily. As a result Harbringer is kept on life support longer and the other servers are paying a price as people leave for a stronger population.

Edited by MadCuzBad

Harbringer is sucking whatever life is left there and the majority of others who did not transfer have quit. It been happening on every server other than Harbringer. Harbringer now is the "GO TO" server and people are flocking there daily. As a result Harbringer is kept on life support longer and the other servers are paying a price as people leave for a stronger population.

Cool. So no need for cross server PvP queuing now. ;) I guess you can flush that rant now.

By the way... the other PvE servers are just fine. Not as busy as Harbinger, but that is OK for most players.

Back on topic.... to the OP.... I think in a few months people will have largely forgotten those PvP servers were ever PvP servers. They may in fact start to pick up some population over time. Time will tell though.

Edited by Andryah

I just recently transferred TOO a PVP server to escape the crowds (PVE instance of course). I'm loving it.

Of course, I don't do WZ though, so I won't help the WZ pop metric that seems so popular these days.

I never actually thought of doing that. lol i might do that myself. hehehe.

No, actually I believe it revitalized it. I've found myself shocked for the past couple of days at how few people are in the pve instances compared to pvp. I was actually able to finish qyzens alliance quest in less than an hour, due to me being the only person in pve while the population majority was in pvp.

ebon hawk is still heathy get good queues, you do not need to go to the harbinger it is laggy

Back on topic.... to the OP.... I think in a few months people will have largely forgotten those PvP servers were ever PvP servers. They may in fact start to pick up some population over time. Time will tell though.

I think this might happen as well, that is at least one good thing that came out of the pvp / pve instances

I actually now several people and myself included who are shifting a few toons to bastion and other previous pvp servers, I honestly think that most these servers will be fine.

Hows that working out for ya, ROFLMAO!!! ;)

This had to be one of the funniest post Ive seen in some time. :D

I logged onto bastion a few days ago at peak time just see. Literally only 10 people on the fleet. Only one instance.

Bastion is now dead. RIP Bastion

Please merge bastion into harbinger. It's where most of the bastion people have gone already

I created a toon today on Bastion just to check out the numbers. 19 people on fleet on Bastion, 119 on Shadowlands. Deleted the toon, Bastion's not my server, just wanted to see what dead looked like. Great place to harvest on Bastion, that's for sure. Edited by xordevoreaux

the bastion is now dead. with the help of all the bugs and hacking, pvp should be completely dead in this game shortly.

good job bioware. please let someone else run your game. you guys really don't know what your doing.

Ever since 4.3 I have not been able to get a single WZ pop, and I wonder if it is due to the addition of PvP focus areas. The highest population I've seen on either fleet, during prime time is ~25. Have other players been seeing the same thing on other servers?

Part of the issue you see on Jung Ma may be that <The True Republic> and <Alpha Company> moved to Ebon Hawk when 4.3 hit.

Both had a bunch of regular PvPers.

The move wasn't because 4.3 hit, but it happened to be at about the same time.

Same here, with Ebon Hawk.

Harbinger might as well be another planet for me.

indeed, i'm quite happy with how healthy Jedi Covenant is, i always see plenty of people on the 1-50 planets... dunno where some people get this odd idea that Harbinger is the best (or only viable) server out there when their hamsters die on like a weekly basis...

4.3 did not kill off PvP servers, they killed themselves off, in fact in the past 4 years Pot5 gleefully kept shooting itself in the foot until it finally bled out...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

I logged onto bastion a few days ago at peak time just see. Literally only 10 people on the fleet. Only one instance.

Bastion is now dead. RIP Bastion

Please merge bastion into harbinger. It's where most of the bastion people have gone already

If it's actually dead and there are only a handful of players left.. then why don't those players just transfer as soon as the character transfer turns back on?

And.. unless you are one of that handful clinging to The Bastion... why exactly do you care?

Back on topic... my guess is now that all servers are essentially generic with players able to actually choose either the PvP or PvE side of the server..... they will likely wait a while to see how the server populations resettle, given players can move around for almost no charge (and free of charge appears to be coming).

And frankly, I've seen numerous posts in the last two weeks where people actually like that there are some essentially empty servers, and have transferred characters to them. Different people like/want different things, including server community and size.

indeed, i'm quite happy with how healthy Jedi Covenant is, i always see plenty of people on the 1-50 planets... dunno where some people get this odd idea that Harbinger is the best (or only viable) server out there when their hamsters die on like a weekly basis...

4.3 did not kill off PvP servers, they killed themselves off, in fact in the past 4 years Pot5 gleefully kept shooting itself in the foot until it finally bled out...

This post is so juxtaposed to the reality I've experienced. In recent months Harbinger was upgraded to a higher capacity server. What it deems 'Standard' population the others servers would say 'Heavy'. The population continues to grow and although the ms can fluctuate 20 points during a warzone it's minuscule compared to what it was like a year ago (before the upgrade).

As far as Jedi Covenant goes that is probably the 4th most populated server behind Shadowlands and Ebon Hawk. The only reason I move toons there is to sell things (think wandering server gypsy). It's the only server that pays high credits for emotes, unpopular armor, or ordinary cartel weapons. East Coast PVP is best on Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands best for PVE.

If it's actually dead and there are only a handful of players left.. then why don't those players just transfer as soon as the character transfer turns back on?

And.. unless you are one of that handful clinging to The Bastion... why exactly do you care?

Back on topic... my guess is now that all servers are essentially generic with players able to actually choose either the PvP or PvE side of the server..... they will likely wait a while to see how the server populations resettle, given players can move around for almost no charge (and free of charge appears to be coming).

And frankly, I've seen numerous posts in the last two weeks where people actually like that there are some essentially empty servers, and have transferred characters to them. Different people like/want different things, including server community and size.

well, there are some of us on bastion who stayed for a long time because we wanted to have the pvp server. Upon the updated server types, really its as much more a stubbornness on leaving.

Leaving now means we have to pay for the transfer (1 toon not a huge issue, 16 more so) and in process lose guild ship, have to pay to unlock SH again, lose outfits and any dyes stamped so pay to restore those as well.

Big picture, creds are not that hard to come by yes- but more a feeling that BW should merge the servers and not require the players to foot the bill to move and restore their SHs, outfits, guild ships, etc

well, there are some of us on bastion who stayed for a long time because we wanted to have the pvp server. Upon the updated server types, really its as much more a stubbornness on leaving.

Leaving now means we have to pay for the transfer (1 toon not a huge issue, 16 more so) and in process lose guild ship, have to pay to unlock SH again, lose outfits and any dyes stamped so pay to restore those as well.

Big picture, creds are not that hard to come by yes- but more a feeling that BW should merge the servers and not require the players to foot the bill to move and restore their SHs, outfits, guild ships, etc

Well, they have never done a server merger since strongholds and guild ships went live. Last time they did server merges, they could not transfer guilds.. and frankly I doubt they would put the work into being able to do it for those few players still on an essentially deserted server. Not saying that approach is right, just that it's kind of logical since every effort in the studio likely goes through some form of ROI.