Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a mathematical illusion. Regardless of the calendar dates appearing to shift, the interval remains a constant 33 days. What happens, as some have observed, is that it adds up over the course of a year to only 11 grants instead of 12.

Again this is not a HUGE deal to me, but I'll still put in a ticket of my own to support the cause.

It's not an illusion.

The gap between when you're SUPPOSED to get the CC, and when you ACTUALLY get the CC, continues to increase, even if the extended interval is consistent.

33 days instead of 30 is 3 extra days. 3 extra days every time adds up to 36 days late in roughly 12 months. At roughly the end of the year, you're getting your 11-month CCs a few days after you should have received your 12-month CCs.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

It's not an illusion.

The gap between when you're SUPPOSED to get the CC, and when you ACTUALLY get the CC, continues to increase, even if the extended interval is consistent.

33 days instead of 30 is 3 extra days. 3 extra days every time adds up to 36 days late in roughly 12 months. At roughly the end of the year, you're getting your 11-month CCs a few days after you should have received your 12-month CCs.

Both of us are reaching the same conclusion, just looking at it two different ways.

So here is what i found -Note: All calculations are excluding the end date.

It is 'X' days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

To check my calculations go here

• 2013/10/10 (30 days after the start of my EU account, NA account will do after this)
  • 2013/11/12 (33 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2013/12/12 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/01/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/02/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/03/12 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/04/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/05/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/06/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/07/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/08/09 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/09/08 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/10/08 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/11/07 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2014/12/07 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)
  • 2015/01/07 (31 day cycle) (+4 days)
  • 2015/02/06 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)
  • 2015/03/08 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)
  • 2015/04/07 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)
  • 2015/05/07 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)
  • 2015/06/07 (31 day cycle) (+5 days)
  • 2015/07/07 (30 day cycle) (+5 days)
  • 2015/08/07 (31 day cycle) (+6 days)
  • 2015/09/07 (31 day cycle) (+7 days)
  • 2015/10/10 (33 day cycle) (+10 days)
  • 2015/11/12 (33 day cycle) (+13 days)
  • 2015/12/15 (33 day cycle) (+15 days)
  • 2016/01/17 (33 day cycle) (+18 days)
  • 2016/02/19 (33 day cycle) (+21 days)
  • 2016/03/23 (33 day cycle) (+24 days)

A month of cartel coin grant for me is 525CC as i am paying with 60 day gamecards.

So that means a single day is worth 525 divided by 30 which is 17.5 CC per day.

I am THUS far missing out on 24 days multiplied by 17.5 which is 420CC

Here's what mine looks like since I resubbed in October

10/27/2015 ---re-subbed on 27th got immediate CC's

11/28/2015 - 32 days should have been granted 10/26/2015 +2 days from original grant

12/31/2015 - 33 days should have been granted 12/26/2015 +5 days from original grant

02/02/2016 - 33 days should have been granted 01/25/2016 +8 days from original grant

03/06/2016 - 33 days should have been granted 02/24/2016 +11 days from original grant

So the gap is now 11 days between when I should get the CC and actually do , March's CC grant SHOULD have been due on 24th (or 27th at the latest given the 72h grace period) but nothing yet , I assume I will get it on or around 6th April

Edited by Exokill

Confirmed on my account. I changed my sub interval in March 2015 so only looked back that far. Up to June 2015 the grant was issued within 3 days of the due date. Then from August 2015 on wards the grant was being issued 33 days from the last date processed not 33 days from the due date. I will have lost a months grant by May 2016 unless they correct how they process the date.

Taking three days to process is perfectly acceptable but not if the process time is being continually added to the due date which is what is happening now.

To those who choose to pick this nit based on their principles, more power to you.

I'll be over here relaxing.

I'm sure you'd be fine if your employer paid you every 30'ish-days as well huh? Or is that different to you?

LMAO it looks like February screwed up my grants. Guess I'll wait a couple more days to see if I get March grant:

06/23/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins

07/23/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins

08/23/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

09/23/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

10/26/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

11/28/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

12/30/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

01/29/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

03/02/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

I'm sure you'd be fine if your employer paid you every 30'ish-days as well huh? Or is that different to you?
Of course that's different. I rely on my paycheck to pay my bills ... food, electricity, cable, SWTOR, golf membership, cover charges at "gentlemen's clubs", etc. I rely on Cartel Coins to ... well, I guess to accumulate until I see something I like.

I don't feel ripped off just because of some lag in getting my CC. Haven't we figured out by now ... everything in this game suffers lag.:p Sorry, couldn't help it ... too soon?

If you told me that SWTOR was skipping over CC awards (not paying at all is different from paying late), then I might be bothered to "check my cartel coin ledger."

Thanks Deimir for bringing this to peoples attention :)

I have been wondering about this for some time. I have been noticing throughout the years that my coin date was always changing. I figured that the 33 day interval would cause some time creep but I suck at math really hard, so my brain just glossed over it. :o Add the fact that a fifteen dollar a month sub for me is chicken feed it did not make it worth my while to investigate further. While I agree that the difference is most likely minimal per person CC wise, it is the principal of the matter that makes one raise an eyebrow over it. E/A has been known to pull sneaky behavior in the past regarding petty money grabs and poor customer service. Don't get me wrong, I do support companies making money. They can make plenty of it honestly without resorting to penny pinching and shady time cooking. I as well as many others find the game to be fun, so we are willing to pay up despite some of the flaws that this game and management/dev team have. I however doubt we will hear anything done over this other than the huge sound of silence from the community manager end or a possible closing of this thread.

While I will not be unsubbing over this, I can see this as being a final straw for a few folks. I myself am so used to crappy service from any company that has shareholders involved that getting worked up for more than a minute would be a futile waste of emotional currency, plus I would be constantly mad. Here is my recommendation for what its worth (exactly nothing :D) Fix it E/A. Send everyone a grant of cartel coins that would cover any loss. It would cost you nothing other than some employee time and everyone will move on and have a warm fuzzy feeling as they think about what to spend there regained CC on. ;)

Edited by ErikSun

Of course that is different.

You are a very reasonable human from your post history, no need for trying to bend me using such word tricks, don't belittle yourself.

In my opinion, this is a non issue.

Others dissagree.

Both opinions are valid, they are opinions.

With things like a mortgage and a presidential race that looks more like a reality TV show, seeing gamers rant over the minutia of these things is always entertaining to distract me, so everyone wins.

Here is what I have:

2/24/2016

1/25/2016

12/20/2015

11/19/2015

10/18/2015

9/15/2015

8/13/2015

7/14/2015

6/14/2015

5/15/2015

4/14/2015

3/15/2015

2/13/2015

1/13/2015

Looks like KOTFE dropping screwed something up, prior to that it was pretty steady coming in the 13-15 of the month on a regular basis, but after that it's been consistently getting later. Probably screwed up the "day" counter to have it point to "day last received monthly grant" rather than "day subbed".

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

To those who choose to pick this nit based on their principles, more power to you.

I'll be over here relaxing.

It's so much of a "nit" that you had to make absolutely certain that everyone else knew that you thought it was a silly concern, huh?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I checked my CC history and, yeah, beginning last September, looks like I got them every 33 days. Again, not a "rip off" ... not a big deal ... not even a small deal.

I also noticed that, since last summer, the payments of the 100 CC I get for my security key have actually accelerated. I get them about a week earlier now than I did last July. I consider that adequate reparations.

Of course that is different.

You are a very reasonable human from your post history, no need for trying to bend me using such word tricks, don't belittle yourself.

In my opinion, this is a non issue.

Others dissagree.

Both opinions are valid, they are opinions.

With things like a mortgage and a presidential race that looks more like a reality TV show, seeing gamers rant over the minutia of these things is always entertaining to distract me, so everyone wins.

The point is, you're being cheated out of something someone agreed to give you for your purchase. Minimal or not, it's a sham.

It's not that your single 3-day delay is that big of a deal, it's that those 3-days multiplied by every player, multiplied by every 3-day extension, works out to a very significant amount that people are being cheated out of.

Thank you for acknowledging this issue Eric.

One has to wonder though, how long they've actually known about this.

I would guess they knew after this was first reported and looked at it once more people reported an issue. I think that probably how often subs are getting our CC is not high on their radar of things to monitor. Just my observation anyway.

Good that they are fixing it, as they should.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

What about the 3-days you've been screwing us out of? Are we given credit for those?