Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

90 cc transfers worsen the problem for guilds and stronghold owners, especially when fully extended. It's a typical incompetent "solution" made by Bioware. Anybody who can't see this should apply for a Bioware open position since they obviously employ mostly people with no oversight regarding action/reaction...

I agree, but I'd call it a typical "incomplete" solution, not "incompetent".

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that? Even if what you say it's true, it's his sub money and he can use his sub time any way he wants. If he wants to be critical he has every right to be. As a subscriber you are entitled to use the forums and leave feedback as you wish.

And do you recall the story the Boy that cried Wolf? The problem when someone constantly says the same thing for years people stop believing him, just as in the story the boy cried wolf so many times that when it was actually true no one believed him. The same situation.

Your reputation has a lot to do with people believing what you say.

Edited by casirabit

{I suppose any player who has an actual interest on being on the biggest server in a region also won't bother to spend 10 minutes on google to research for their needs, before committing.}

{You could send a studio employee to every front door, who would tattoo the notice on the players forehead and give them a mirror, and there would still be players complaining that they don't know and it's the studios fault}.

Not to mention... todays biggest and badest sever could very well get abandoned in favor of another one later.. which does not help the player who made an informed choice either. Players choosing to move to different servers in MMOs has provoked stability havoc in every MMO I have ever played. It's always a two edged sword.

TL;DR there is no perfect way to inform and encourage players to make sound choices that fit their personal tastes and interests. There is also no "standard" profile for player tastes in terms of servers size and activity. In fact, it's impossible to stop players from making stupid decisions that are counter to their personal interests.

The problem is, character transfers that people have to pay for are detrimental to players in comparison to a server merge. Why? Because transferring to another server on your lonesome means losing a LOT, like guilds you've invested a lot of time in and their attached strongholds. Or your own strongholds, and all the decorations you've unlocked. It's a disincentive to keep playing if doing so means paying for a transfer and then losing a bunch of your accomplishments/items/investments in the process.

Edited by AscendingSky

How do you know that? Even if what you say it's true, it's his sub money and he can use his sub time any way he wants. If he wants to be critical he has every right to be. As a subscriber you are entitled to use the forums and leave feedback as you wish.

Because white knights like them think only people who bow to the west and hail EAWare on a regular basis should be allowed to voice their opinions. Some of said white knights even call for the banning of 'haters', because they dare to be critical of a product they are paying for. They are self-centered and think only their opinions are worthy of being expressed, despite the fact we all pay the same subscription. Anyone who has an opinion disagreeing with theirs are deemed 'bads', 'trolls', 'losers' and 'stupid' (just to name a few of their common insults) and are constantly told to leave.

Edited by AscendingSky

I agree, but I'd call it a typical "incomplete" solution, not "incompetent".

I agree when incomplete stands for lack of know how in the company to do the right and OBVIOUS thing, which was introducing x server queues like a year or longer ago. like every competent mmo running company did and will do at the right time. No mergers would be needed then, with all their negative impact regarding pr/marketing/server community+economy/etc.. They don't even have a concept/process 5 years after release for acceptable mergers/transfers which copy everything from the old server. All because nobody in this company has a clue about their stupid modified Hero beta engine because the people who modified it don't work there anymore. Not even talking about the unmatched stupidity to release a game of that kind on a beta engine with no support AND updates/extensions in the first place, or at the very least hold the people who modified it or their know how. I can't think of more incompetence and ignorance.

It's also disrespectful to people who play and still like and support this game.

They have lost a sh. load of customers due to this stupidity, ignorance, inaction and incompetence, just the last 12+months. It's like shooting yourself in the knee with a pump gun.

When I learned about all this, beta engine, modified, people who modified it not there anymore /etc. I couldn't believe it/was speechless. That is incompetent management with total lack of foresight, and that is being nice.

Edited by Khaleg

I also find it shameful of BW to change the server screen info. You can't see which server is light, standard, etc. All the more reason to add discounted transfers to the launcher.

You do know that that old status flags were ---> loading at that time of log in... right?

It in no way tells a player how active a server is for their preferred play style and content, much less which server is largest (which for most players complaining about the missing load status, is the sole information they are actually interested in).

Want to choose the best server for you.... you have ALWAYS had to: 1) google for relevant information/opinions.... and 2) roll on a prospective server and check for youself (given the amount of fiction that goggle will pass through on any search). This by the way has been true of most MMOs for many years now.

The only value that could be added to the server select screen would be some way of recommending to new players which server to choose.. and even that is a very flawed methodology in MMOs, and players would just accuse the studio of trying to force players to a particular server (which the studio has NEVER done).

And please.. don't even start with the faux-concern for new players. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

The problem is, character transfers that people have to pay for are detrimental to players in comparison to a server merge. Why? Because transferring to another server on your lonesome means losing a LOT, like guilds you've invested a lot of time in and their attached strongholds. Or your own strongholds, and all the decorations you've unlocked. It's a disincentive to keep playing if doing so means paying for a transfer and then losing a bunch of your accomplishments/items/investments in the process.

There is no guild transfer process. Period.

Until there is... server merges are folly.

As such.... the current system works for players that accumulate and spend CCs wisely, and that includes entire guilds if that is what they choose to do.

The core problem with merges over transfers is one enables player choice (transfers) the other (merges) do not as they force a player to move somewhere they may not want to. Merges destroyed some guilds back in the day of merges years ago.. and in the absence of a way to transfer intact guilds.... it would be even worse now with guild strongholds and guild ships.

Personally, I would like to see the studio actually construct a process for moving guilds intact. Until then.. merges are NOT the best approach here.

Edited by Andryah

Because white knights like them think only people who bow to the west and hail EAWare on a regular basis should be allowed to voice their opinions. Some of said white knights even call for the banning of 'haters', because they dare to be critical of a product they are paying for. They are self-centered and think only their opinions are worthy of being expressed, despite the fact we all pay the same subscription. Anyone who has an opinion disagreeing with theirs are deemed 'bads', 'trolls', 'losers' and 'stupid' (just to name a few of their common insults) and are constantly told to leave.

I think the current state of the development team is not to fix the game. I think it is to tweak the game just enough to get their white knight fan base back again. Because the current state of this game has even the white knights in hiding. And I am talking about with the 250% boost. What a joke. It fixed absolutely nothing other then aggravating people quicker when they open a crate with nothing in it.

You know the game is a mess when the white knight are hiding and afraid to come out.

I think the current state of the development team is not to fix the game. I think it is to tweak the game just enough to get their white knight fan base back again. Because the current state of this game has even the white knights in hiding. And I am talking about with the 250% boost. What a joke. It fixed absolutely nothing other then aggravating people quicker when they open a crate with nothing in it.

You know the game is a mess when the white knight are hiding and afraid to come out.

The basic problem remains the same. This game is really the next KoToR, KoToR III. When it came out tho they wanted to jump into the mmo market because it was the rage and made the game a mmo.

Bioware has zero idea how to do a mmo. They never knew what they were doing from the start, they keep on failing at it now.

If SWToR was a single player game, it would be looked at as a major success. It's terrible expansions would be looked at as decent dlc content.

The problem is of course that SWToR is not a single player game, it's suppose to be a mmo. So they put out "expansions" which are a joke, they would be viewed as content patches in other games but in this one they are entire expansions. They seem unable to be able to put out real group content and have been unable now for a very long time.

If your looking for a mmo, you need to play a different game. If your looking to enjoy a Star Wars game like KoToR, then play this one for a bit, do your story and walk away until they put out more...rinse and repeat. That's how you enjoy this game.

Or your own strongholds, and all the decorations you've unlocked. It's a disincentive to keep playing if doing so means paying for a transfer and then losing a bunch of your accomplishments/items/investments in the process.

Unless something goes wrong you will still have those decorations available. Yes you will need to unlock and redecorate the stronghold(s) on the destination server. At least when you unlock them all of the rooms you had unlocked on the source server are automatically opened for you.

Unless something goes wrong you will still have those decorations available. Yes you will need to unlock and redecorate the stronghold(s) on the destination server. At least when you unlock them all of the rooms you had unlocked on the source server are automatically opened for you.

Yep.

I have moved many characters around over time, and I have never had any issues with strongholds. Sure.. you have to unlock and redecorate if you carry a new stronghold over from a server transfer, but generally it's a good trigger to move the furniture around in the living room anyway. :D

The only real hitch is if you purchased your stronghold with credits, unlocking the first part of the stronghold requires payment again... but all subsequent unlock of other sections do not. And this can be avoided completely if you unlocked the first part of a stronghold with CCs instead.

Awww poor baby. You missed the game is dead train like 3 years ago. You do understand that different times of the year give different player population numbers? Right? Right? Right......

Nope

To be fair, this thread was started almost a year ago...so...

I've seen enough games die to know that the doomsayers are eventually right, and that their cries stem from problems in the system that drive people away. TOR's is headed that same path. It'll take longer to die than most people believe--mostly because its failure will be an embarrassing investment on EA's part--but the moment Disney decides that they want to capitalize on the SW market with a multiplayer game? MMO or no, the next big multiplayer SW title will bleed players from this game. Even the recent poll shows that the brand alone is mostly floating this game's playerbase, and even then development blunders have begun to drive the diehards away. Does the blame lie entirely with BW? No; sometimes a publisher dictates your design choices and you just have to kiss *** to keep your position. Did Ben do that? Probably. Either way, there's a visible downward trend that these emergency fixes are hoping to alleviate. You can't deny that the population is bleeding because of 5.0's inception--it's visual and the evidence is there.

But then white knights will be white knights even after the game takes its last breath. They won't change even if tomorrow BW said it was going to change CXP values, reset everyone's CXP level and remove any gear above 228 to freshly renovate the playing field. Moral of the story: doomsayers are doomsayers for a reason. Even if 90% of them are wrong because they focus on the short term rather than the long term, it still acknowledges a problem.

I made the same transfer to Harbinger. Ebon Hawk is dead. I know what I see because I've seen it before.

But Harbinger is currently now only what JC or Shadowlands was back in 3.0 populations wise.

If the Devs read the forums let me paint this analogy:

Picture the Serengeti where lakes slowly dry up into isolated ponds that slowly transition to puddles. By combining the remaining servers you will in a sense give the remaining animals a large watering hole. If you don't the guilds with their guild ships will dry up as they are now starting to do in puddles of mud.

Edited by HuaRya
grammar

But Harbinger is currently now only what JC or Shadowlands was back in 3.0 populations wise.

If the Devs read the forums let me paint this analogy:

Picture the Serengeti where lakes slowly dry up into isolated ponds that slowly transition to puddles. By combining the remaining servers you will in a sense give the remaining animals a large watering hole. If you don't the guilds with their guild ships will dry up as they are now starting to do in puddles of mud.

That's the point. Now that 5.0 went live Harbinger has now degraded to what Shadowlands was 4.0 era. Shadowlands and JC are now in horrible shade. The only chance at group finder popping is during peak time. And even lately peak time is slow.

What are they planning on doing about all these unhealthy servers? The current state of server populations is a mess. And 5.0 was the final nail in the coffin with the recent mass exodus of subscribers. Why did they allow the servers to get so bad? Why have they not addressed this problem?

People like to say that, but JC is fine, at least PvP wise. i can't speak for PvE.

What? JC is horrible. And all I do is PVP only. I have no idea what you are using for measuring fine, but outside of a few hours of prime time there are little to no queue pops for PVP. Do you only play at exactly the 2 hours of prime time every time you play? Because a lot of us play at all different times of the day. And JC is an absolute disaster. Worse then I have ever seen it and I have had toons there for several years.

What? JC is horrible. And all I do is PVP only. I have no idea what you are using for measuring fine, but outside of a few hours of prime time there are little to no queue pops for PVP. Do you only play at exactly the 2 hours of prime time every time you play? Because a lot of us play at all different times of the day. And JC is an absolute disaster. Worse then I have ever seen it and I have had toons there for several years.

Hahahahahahahaha you're kidding right? I can't speak for midbies, but 70s pop around the clock, especially if you are in a group. Yes, you sometimes have to wait 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds to get a pop if it is 2 or 3 am Eastern time, but I've never had an issue getting a pop when I wanted one. The only "dead" time I've seen on JC is from about 4am to 10am, and even that I'm not sure cause I don't get on until 2 or 3 at the earliest anyway.

Hahahahahahahaha you're kidding right? I can't speak for midbies, but 70s pop around the clock, especially if you are in a group. Yes, you sometimes have to wait 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds to get a pop if it is 2 or 3 am Eastern time, but I've never had an issue getting a pop when I wanted one. The only "dead" time I've seen on JC is from about 4am to 10am, and even that I'm not sure cause I don't get on until 2 or 3 at the earliest anyway.

Even Harbinger can not make anywhere close to the claims you just made for JC. And goto swtor statics website and Harbinger is 3 times the size of JCs population. And last night on Harbinger about midnight EST the PVP just went flat dead. Even Razinon who twitches all the time logged off because he was sick of waiting for a queue pop. I was watching his stream when he did it.

I have only lvl 70 toons on JC and what you just said is a flat out lie.

Qnyone can roll a toon on any of these servers and view imp or pub fleets for themselves. Its not a secret that JC is in absolute horrible shape. Saying JC is almost 24/7 PVP queue pops WHEN in reality unless your playing prime time your pretty much sitting in wait is just the height of absurdity.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
rude

That player does PVP and says it is fine thus it is fine - for him.

For you it's not.

Why do you keep pushing this subjective barrow like it's fact?

That player does PVP and says it is fine thus it is fine - for him.

For you it's not.

Why do you keep pushing this subjective barrow like it's fact?

The reverse is also true. If it's fine for one person, not another, they both have the right to their own opinions, and as long as they stay within the forum rules, they're both allowed to post those opposing views. He's not "pushing it", he's arguing it from his viewpoint. He may think it's misleading to say it's all fine because when he's online, it isn't...conversely, it may be just fine when the other guy is on...it's all subjective.

Nice troll.

Even Harbinger can not make anywhere close to the claims you just made for JC. And goto swtor statics website and Harbinger is 3 times the size of JCs population. And last night on Harbinger about midnight EST the PVP just went flat dead. Even Razinon who twitches all the time logged off because he was sick of waiting for a queue pop. I was watching his stream when he did it.

I have only lvl 70 toons on JC and what you just said is a flat out lie.

Just amazes me why people feel the need to troll about server populations when anyone can roll a toon on any of these servers and view imp or pub fleets for themselves. Its not a secret that JC is in absolute horrible shape. Saying JC is almost 24/7 PVP queue pops WHEN in reality unless your playing prime time your pretty much sitting in wait is just the height of absurdity.

If your gonna troll, please do it somewhere else. We are trying to get a serious issue resolved and don't have time to respond to a troll.

Well its now 4pm on JC, and I got a pop after waiting 25 seconds. Yup, definitely dead... But you're right, I shouldn't feed trolls so I'll just ignore you from now on.