How would you grade the new chapter (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Shwarzchild

This was by far the weakest story of KOTFE...some good moments, but it was nothing more than a companion recruitment quest. I don't feel like KOTFE actually progressed at all...this was just a side story of the main story that anyone could have done, not just our "hero".

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But everything else you get in this game, unlimited, is worth the sub :)

what? farming crates? the only new "content" since a long time ist this chapter and it is short and boring.

oh sorry, i forgot... there are many new bugs.... also some sort of new content ^^

Edited by Tintfax

But everything else you get in this game, unlimited, is worth the sub :)

With the caveat that you either need to be a new player, or someone who hasn't got anything better to play. I've been playing different games that are less stale than this one, so you can imagine where I fall on the subject of remaining subscribed to this game.

My grade: 3/10

-This chapter focuses exclusively on a npc my bounty hunter has never heard about.

I know her from doing the agent story, and used her the least i could because she's a crazy liar.

And i'll do the same on my BH.

Blizz, on the other side, which i partied with till lvl 50, took 5 minutes to get back. I Agree that there are way less things you can do with blizz story wise, but he is the hight point of this chapter to me.

-3 steps, 1 fight, 3 steps, 1 fight.

This already is getting old. the amount of slows was painful, especialy when MY ccs didn't affect the last boss.

we need some consistency here. i understand my ccs not wotking on champions (and again, some champions only, no idea who and why), but on a simple boss... come on.

-2 sequences Showing Arcann and his sister. the first one is fine, the second one (introducing the eternal championship, i guess) doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. While i'm making trouble on Zakuul, they destroy 5 planets in order to make me show up (that, i can understand), then Arcann orders his knights to duel till death because... whatever.

Even a crazy sith wouldn't do that. What the frak.

-The crafting going up to 550.

I guess it was upposed to go with 4.0 and was delayed, no pb with that.

Still think it was not needed.

You can't introduce a whole new level of crafting without a new whole planet if you want it to be consistent.

Next time, just put new recipes and keep the same crafting lvl.

Also, there were alreday things that didn't make sense in crafting, fix those first before you think about expanding.

8/10

I enjoyed it. Did feel like I was slugging through mobs like in Asylum, The Lady of Sorrows and Taking Flight. Only thing that would have made it better is if a) I could have killed Koth or b) placed a bounty on his head. I hope Koth never returns unless its to get a blaster to the face.

I liked the new content, but it's obvious that one needs to find lots to do between chapters given that it only took me an hour or two to do the chapter and a bit more time to do the new alliance quests. I have 14 characters I can take through the new content - so that might do me for 2 weeks - then it's back to doing whatever to kill time until the next chapter.

But, talk about not paying attention, I'll have to wait until I do the chapter on my next alt to find out what people mean by Koth leaving. He left...?

Edited by JediQuaker

20/10 for me going to hopefully hunt down that little scrub Koth.

I WILL KILL HIS A** if given the chance.

2/10 for running aroung the world doing Kaliyo's quest.

haven't done Hk's or Blizz's yet.

The HK one is a good laugh. I did it, got him back, and raised him to Influence Rank 5 with one gift.

I liked the new content, but it's obvious that one needs to find lots to do between chapters given that it only took me an hour or two to do the chapter and a bit more time to do the new alliance quests. I have 14 characters I can take through the new content - so that might do me for 2 weeks - then it's back to doing whatever to kill time until the next chapter.

But, talk about not paying attention, I'll have to wait until I do the chapter on my next alt to find out what people mean by Koth leaving. He left...?

Its the choice that matters.

If you blow up the spire in Ch 3 and again in Ch 10. He tries to steal the Gravestone and leaves.

Its the choice that matters.

If you blow up the spire in Ch 3 and again in Ch 10. He tries to steal the Gravestone and leaves.

Not true.

I didn't blow up the first one. I did let Kaliyo blow up the second one. I however sided with Senya and told Koth to stay out of things when he tried to horn in on the meeting with the Heralds.

1 hour? Months for an hour filled with mobs? Sigh.

Didn't they say they weren't going to be working on chapter so much because of the holidays? If that is the case, they only had like 1 1/2 months of solid work on it. I'll judge them more harshly on the next chapter if it takes longer than a month for the next chapter to come out.

2/10

-400 dtps average

-cannot stealth past anything, what am i a stealther for?

-chapter consists in destroying 8 consoles and clicking two panels

-cannot kill kalyo, choice matters lol

-gated sub reward, didn't do a single alliance alert but hey, i'm a sub

edit: -trash now chain slows you to squeeze out a couple of minutes

how was this better than MMO content?

Edited by JouerTue

Didn't they say they weren't going to be working on chapter so much because of the holidays? If that is the case, they only had like 1 1/2 months of solid work on it. I'll judge them more harshly on the next chapter if it takes longer than a month for the next chapter to come out.

KotFE hit 2.5 months *before* the holidays. And we are about 1.5 months after the holidays. The holidays are a pretty flimsy excuse. Thanksgiving is a 4-day weekend. They could have taken December 15th-Janusry 5th off for the "holidays" and there would still be plenty of time.

They *should* have released Ch10 at the same time as TFA. And released Ch11 yesterday.

Sorry if it was mentioned and I haven't seen it, but for those who romanced Kaliyo in the Agent storyline, how was the romance content?

Not that I am interested in romancing Kaliyo but I like to know how they are dealing with past romances.

2/10

Boring, repetitive, way too easy, nice to see Kaliyo again and Koth leaving.

And I don't buy the Kotfe-story for some of my characters. Works rather fine with my Jedi, but if I play one of my evil as f*** Sith, not only Koth should've left by now. Maybe it's just a personal thing and I'm being unrealistic or whatever, but the story just doesn't feel right for my "evil" characters.

Not that I am interested in romancing Kaliyo but I like to know how they are dealing with past romances.

I don't play a male Agent, so I don't know about that particular romance, but I DO know that my Male Sorc had multiple flirts with her, so it looks like there's the possibility to romance Vanilla companions with different classes than the original.

4/10

The Good

The areas were nice and cinematic.

The fights were incredibly easy but they arent designed for subs that run flash points and ops they are designed for casuals that may check out the game once or twice a year. And they are balanced for that.

The Blizz Mission and HK missions are nice fillers.

The Bad

The story is just so dull. It felt very similar to the chapter 3 story only more running around clicking on items.

The lack of anything to do with your alliance, Theon made a brief appearance and after that its all Kaliyo, what about an epic tale of rebellion this was not it.

The Ugly

Kaliyo. She was used in a story in which it made no sense for her to be there. She is so incredibly dull and predicable, she took credits and then betrayed someone what a surprise. Her dialogue was boring, her reason for being their was forced and this entire chapter was wasted in finding something for her to do which made no sense and didn't advance the story.

No real choices despite a claim there would be some. Nothing changes in the story while the loss of a companion is hardly notable.

To finish constructive.

Can the story team start telling a story of the epic conflict across the galaxy. Can they please start bringing back romancable companions (I know Kaliyo fits this bill but its one out of what 20?). Can you please start tying choices into the experience, having a moment where causing the blackout or letting the spire explored both have the Zakuul running in fear. Stop acting like the title outlander is something special. Kaliyo was as much the outlander as anyone else yet they seem to title the player as such. Basically outlander is everyone not of Zakuul which makes it everyone in the entire galaxy.

What is on offer each month is not worth the subscription, there is nothing else on offer and nothing to do after 3 or so hours at best. Which includes lag and fighting over salvage. How can anyone at BW really think ops and flash points almost a year and a half to 4 years old encourage people to pay a subscription. Look at what the guys over at Elder Scrolls online have on offer with their dlcs and what is on offer compared to what is being offered by ToR.

Currently whats on offer is a rather dull story, little challenge and not much content. The devs can't need us to tell them this is not a good business model.

Edited by Costello

8/10

I defiantly enjoyed all the class specific dialogue for the agent (With the plus of just how pissed/afraid Kaliyo sounds when she see's me), the levels were nice to look at (I guess), voice acting and cutscenes are still good and the ending boss fight was pretty neat.

Bummed that I couldn't kill her though... ANd that I accidentally drove away Koth...

3/10

Basically taking 3 months to make, each month gives 10 minutes of play time. The ONLY thing i liked about it WAS THAT I could drive Koth away, hopefully allowing me to kill him later.

HK

Enjoyed.

The story- Not thrilled. Again BW has not learned what choices mean! I did not want Kailyo again! I did not want her as a blasted companion. NO CHOICE makes me very upset and mad.

I don't want them to chose my companions for me. I d..... want to choose who the hell I want.