Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

What you fail to realize is the fact that a nerf of this proportion has occured in the 1st week or so of release. This hurts the spirits of the ppl playing. Because of this, and if it's not fixed, all rare mats that are found via slicing WILL NOT be placed in game for others. I will keep them and pass them on to alts. And I would recommend other slicers do the same. That or place them on the AH for the max allowed. That and/or artificially inflate the AH. We have to send a message - that simple.

so hoarding what you find and keeping other players from getting it is your message? i mean really? i believe you just said this nerf will ruin the economy so your solution is for all the slicers to artificially inflate the AH? isnt that just slapping a fresh sunburn?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1500 posts in this thread alone and there's no response or explanation from BW whatsoever on why they completely broke part of their game.

Great Job...

Edit: Nvm tired head fail.

Edited by Kasrai

here it is dude i kept it up to show others that you still make a profit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArCSGLnwZLADdGxYdlhEejBFclBjR3l1N29OaW1kYUE&gid=0

I had issues with taking back control as well. It gave me consistent losses followed by minute gains enough to give me a hundred or so credits after about 8 or so last night. Finding and Fly it is.. :)

1500 posts in this thread alone and there's no response or explanation from BW whatsoever on why they completely broke part of their game.

Great Job...

BW is watching this thread very closely. Like I said earlier we will hear something very soon.

Really? You think noone will ever

make money now cuz its not comming in by the bundles? The game economy crashing? The fking game has been out for a week... Ppl are so stupid... The economy is gonna crash! Wait... What economy again?

What we need to be crafting is tissues... I made 150k yesterday, i still never took slicing... If you are poor you deserve it, learn econonics before claiming economic apocalypse when the economy is non existant in 1 week of the game...

Hate to see you guys IRL

PLZ MAKE A TISSUE CRAFTING SKILL

you made 150k on crafting yesterday?

wonder where all that money spent came from...

oh yeah.

you'll learn. then we'll read your qq nonstop. gg.

Re-posting this from the other thread to provide a clear example of why making money off of slicing missions is a BAD idea.

... If you think this [hyper-inflation] won't happen with the slicing "print money" button consider the following.

Let's say, I'm a chinese 'gold' farmer. I create a character lvl it up to 25ish in order to get 3 companions. For this character let's say I make 100c for a 5 minute mission that's roughly whopping 20 credits per minute (cpm). I know what your thinking, "20cpm that's nothing!" The problem is it adds up. I do this with each of my 3 companions. I'm now up to 60 cpm. Still not a game breaking amount, I know.

But I'm all about maximizing profit here so I do this 5 more times on a particular server. Make a character, level it up to 26ish, get 3 companions, send them on nonstop slicing missions, and switch between the characters every minute or so to complete missions and send the companions back out on new ones.; 5 X 60cpm = 210 cpm.

Now I'm probably going to be doing this across multiple accounts as well so let's say I have a measly 3 accounts that I'm generating credits on this one server. So you can triple that number to 630cpm. Since there are 60 minutes in an hour that makes 37,800cph. Since I'm getting paid by the thousands of credits I spend 18 hours today 'harvesting' credits that makes 680,400 credits per day. That's nothing to spit at...

so hoarding what you find and keeping other players from getting it is your message? i mean really? i believe you just said this nerf will ruin the economy so your solution is for all the slicers to artificially inflate the AH? isnt that just slapping a fresh sunburn?

No, it's doing what my Master (Kreia) would do: hold the galaxy by the throat. So all you people who cried that the slicers had too much money just oh so failed to realize that it IS US who keep the AH afloat by buying and supplying the money. Now, with all the QQing about this, we suffer. Now EVERYONE WILL SUFFER OUR FINANCIAL WRATH.

Which brings another interesting point, what a pity we slicers can form a "banking guild" - so much potential...

here it is dude i kept it up to show others that you still make a profit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArCSGLnwZLADdGxYdlhEejBFclBjR3l1N29OaW1kYUE&gid=0

I like how you did the quests till they were profitable. Not a single bit of that document is reliable information.

Now if you had done say each one ten times and posted those results it would have made more sense. But no, you took the republican route and botched the results.

Try again?

oh yeah.

Ever consider the reason this guy made 150k from crafting is that the market is so grossly over-inflated from slicers who made ridiculous amounts of cash pre-nerf?

But anyways, go on using small snapshots of anecdotal evidence to predict long term market trends. That always works out well... [/sarcasm]

BW is watching this thread very closely. Like I said earlier we will hear something very soon.

very true as every other nerf thread gets closed and redirected here. that being said i will say this. I am not a slicer I am a level 35 jedi guardian under the focus skill tree. ive done my research more on augments than with these lockboxes and I will probably be hounding any slicer i can 15 levels from now using the money i get from flashpoints and raids and space missions to try and get ahold of augments as my guildmates make equipment for slots with them. The game has only been out for a week I am willing to guarantee that if you all just calmed down and started filling your cargo bays within maybe a month from now with augments and start selling them you will probably have a prominent place within the market ESPECIALLY on a pvp server as they will want mods to raise their crit and power ratings along with other things. I am pretty sure as well that eventually bioware will say something about this issue other than close threads and direct us to this post. just put into consideration that if we did something like this on the wow forums they wouldnt close the other threads because they wouldn't even be paying attention hence their game player base being low enough that they have to resort to free trials up to level 20 and using god awful chuck norris memes to try and bring their player base up. so again i say wait it out, start gathering those augments because i know darn well ill be looking for a slicer to make me some augments and WILL pay top dollar for them

oh yeah.

I think pro and anti-slicing (prenerf) could've coexisted. Meaning, as a slicer I could spend 50K on a crafted armor/weapon/etc... cause I had the means. Both parties happy. I think there are some folks not connecting these dots.

However, I think it's Bioware's in-game vendors that are qq'ing. Hell, they can't adjust their prices, can they? I think they mass petitioned Bioware for this nerf not the gen public. Maybe, Bioware wants to gain huge affection with these vendors? Make babies perhaps?

Edited by supersonicks

Got my slicing from about 375 to 400 yesterday after the nerf. I did almost all rich missions. I crit 3 times the entire day and got 5k for each one. Other than that I would say I was lucky to break even. I prolly made 10k for the day due to the crits.

Did slicing need a nerf? Yes. But not near what they did to it. As a level 30 before the nerf I made a total of around 400k but that included never buying anything on the GTN, just selling. Now I will never buy anything for sure from others at least while I am leveling.

To make the excess amount we were making was way too much. I think a nerf of half of what they actually did would be more reasonable. The augments we get from the missions don't sell for squat but you do on the rare occasion get a mission discovery or schematic that may pay for you're mission.

A money making profession is put in to do just that, make money, not lose it. Of course we could argue if that is even the point of the profession. Unless Bioware makes a statement on the purpose of it we can argue all day long on this. The fact is it was a bit much of a nerf.

Clearly this is what you get when you listen to TROLLS and a smalll percentage of the player base, and in fact don;t look at the numbers. Bioware got trolled hard on this. I case a lot of you DONT know, this really all came about when some guy<troll> said he made over $1000 in the RL of slicing, to which Bioware, in their gullibility believed and now we are at this point.

Love how in the Dev Post the said they fixed "high priority bugs"

These guys are pros...

This is really the first time <NB4 someone say go back> I have thought of just saying screw, taking the $60 loss, and heading back to WoW. Not because I didnt get million of credits of slicing, like im sure people will flame me for, but because THIS ONE ISSUE is what lit a fire under bioware, NOT PVP, NOT UI PROBLEM, NOT MEMORY LEAKS, NOT AN ASSORTMENT OF PROBLEMS, NO IT WAS SLICING.

And they clearly got trolled hard over this one.

Also, for people who want to Cry over "this would have wreck the econ if they didnt fix right away------------------>(suggested reading)

Economics: principles, problems, and policies.

L2know what you are talking about.

If this is an example of how they are going to manage the game then I won't bother sticking around. MMO players are smarter than they were 8 years ago when SWG came and in 2004 when WoW came out..

If they are going to overreact and NERF stuff with every publish then I'll be out in one or two updates.

BIOWARE: FIND ANOTHER WAY TO BALANCE AND MANAGE YOUR GAME BESIDES NERFING. CONSIDER ADDING TO THE GAME IN OTHER PLACES THAT ARE LACKING. CONSIDER DEVELOPING ADDITIONAL CONTENT OR SYSTEMS. COMMUNICATE TO YOU PAYING CUSTOMERS BEFORE YOU DO STUFF LIKE THIS. NERFING PARTS OF THE GAME TO THE POINT OF USELESSNESS BASED ON A FEW QQING FORUM WARRIORS WILL DESTROY YOUR COMMUNITY FASTER THAN THE NGE DID TO SWG.

YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS...

If this is an example of how they are going to manage the game then I won't bother sticking around. MMO players are smarter than they were 8 years ago when SWG came and in 2004 when WoW came out..

If they are going to overreact and NERF stuff with every publish then I'll be out in one or two updates.

You too?

Clearly this is what you get when you listen to TROLLS and a smalll percentage of the player base, and in fact don;t look at the numbers. Bioware got trolled hard on this. I case a lot of you DONT know, this really all came about when some guy<troll> said he made over $1000 in the RL of slicing, to which Bioware, in their gullibility believed and now we are at this point.

These guys are pros...

This is really the first time <NB4 someone say go back> I have thought of just saying screw, taking the $60 loss, and heading back to WoW. Not because I didnt get million of credits of slicing, like im sure people will flame me for, but because THIS ONE ISSUE is what lit a fire under bioware, NOT PVP, NOT UI PROBLEM, NOT MEMORY LEAKS, NOT AN ASSORTMENT OF PROBLEMS, NO IT WAS SLICING.

Also, for people who want to Cry over "this would have wreck the econ if they didnt fix right away------------------>(suggested reading)

I think this thread alone is worth the $80+tax i paid for this game. :D

These guys are pros...

Great post. Same here.

You too?

Yes, me too. All this build up. All of the promises of how they are going to do things differently. All of the community outreach stuff. All of the awards they won for the amazing work up to now. All of sitting at the edge of the bed saying how great it's going to be...

...and literally the first thing they do is NERF.

Your days of getting decent prices on the GTN for your crafting efforts is over.

Find another means of paying for your companion skills.

ROFLMAO

I don't need slicing for credits .. I get more than I need from quests and war zones.

I'll gather my own items for crafting thank you.

See .. I'm not going to be slicing to take advantage of a credit printing press.

But feel free to try to create a vacuum for me to sell my slicing wares in.

These guys are pros...

Perfect...

Yes, me too. All this build up. All of the promises of how they are going to do things differently. All of the community outreach stuff. All of the awards they won for the amazing work up to now. All of sitting at the edge of the bed saying how great it's going to be...

...and literally the first thing they do is NERF.

WWGLD

what would George Lucas do....