Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

Nope.

I even tried to get mine removed because I had no idea who it was or even if they still played...NO go.

I think you have to remain unsubbed for 3 months before it erases...MAYBE.

Yeah, apparantly :p

"Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more are eligible to participate."

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but try asking americans for a district/county name of any EU country. 99.9% will fail to answer. Up to 1 in 1000 will probably get something from Italy burried deep down in the mobster movie archives.

Sussex for England, Brittany and Normandy for France, Hamburg Berlin and Bavaria for Germany off the top of my head.

Nope.

I even tried to get mine removed because I had no idea who it was or even if they still played...NO go.

I think you have to remain unsubbed for 3 months before it erases...MAYBE.

It actually does work but you only get 7 more days of sub. Your referrer doesn't get any coins. I actually recently tried it with TUXs.

this kind of a giveaway is his idea, you can be sure, ofc he is not to blame for the server not coming up, but how he handles the situation and making people even more angry is not, what a community manager should do.

Good chance he was told to do this.

His manager said he gives these codes away. So he started this game.

Eric doesn't just have the power to start handing BW/EA money out without permission. lol Even if he is the Community Manager.

He is doing the best he can. It's NOT his fault.

What should a community manager do in your opinion?

this kind of a giveaway is his idea, you can be sure, ofc he is not to blame for the server not coming up, but how he handles the situation and making people even more angry is not, what a community manager should do.

Yes he somehow managed to come up with something for all the people who are waiting for the game to come up to do in the meantime, minimzing the number of angry tweets that go out because we are all watching this forum post. Sounds like he is doing a fantastic job actually. (also, reading the posts, there arent many people who are angry, it's like you and one other dude, who would probably be angry if he wasn't doing this, so no loss really).

I doubt he's the forum admin - if it was his idea, I commend him on doing something, even if that something turned out poorly due to lag that was out of his control.

Based on what they said was the cause in the Dev Tracker post, I suspect it might be a bit before they get back up. Which, honestly, I'd rather have them -working- than up and glitching.

Since it is likely not just a simple matter of turning off the toggle that activates the broken Alert, but making sure it can not be retoggled until it should be, and then making sure nothing else went blewie in the fix.

In others words, patience. <said by the least patient person ever>