Is it really this bad for Community, Devs, Communication......Nothing??

MandFlurry

Happy 2016 everyone!

Just to alleviate any concerns, we are here. There will be information on upcoming live streams, patch release dates, and more, coming soon. I am hoping to get some details out before the end of the week.

I removed the stickies because they were for announcements that were no longer relevant (the FAQ articles moved) or for older blog content (the Alliance). No alarm needed, I just did a little 2016 house cleaning. Before you know it there will be more stickies to occupy the top of a General Discussion near you :)

-eric

Thank you Eric. I hope everyone had a nice holiday and can't wait to see what they have in mind for this coming year.

Have a wonderful 2016!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy 2016 everyone!

Just to alleviate any concerns, we are here. There will be information on upcoming live streams, patch release dates, and more, coming soon. I am hoping to get some details out before the end of the week.

I removed the stickies because they were for announcements that were no longer relevant (the FAQ articles moved) or for older blog content (the Alliance). No alarm needed, I just did a little 2016 house cleaning. Before you know it there will be more stickies to occupy the top of a General Discussion near you :)

-eric

Why did you remove cutscenes and some quest givers from Heroics? Why remove content from everyone instead of just giving impatient types a "turn-in" button in the mission log to complete quests remotely? I would really like to hear a rational for why you are gutting content from the game. It's really bugging me to know what the devs are thinking.

For Eric

I do not really care about your I hope to posts. You do those far to often and often are absolutely wrong on what you post. I would rather you and the devs actually as a team sit down an read all of the suggestion posts. Correct your mess. From there

Happy 2016.

Why did you remove cutscenes and some quest givers from Heroics? Why remove content from everyone instead of just giving impatient types a "turn-in" button in the mission log to complete quests remotely? I would really like to hear a rational for why you are gutting content from the game. It's really bugging me to know what the devs are thinking.

they did not want you hopping around the galaxy turning in quest to see cutscenes the game already feels to dependent on go here go there wait go back to were you started. Just to see cutscenes

Well you know how you make people less sensible you upset them more often until they are not that sensitive. Every time I fell I get to sensible I go to this forum to harden myself. There is a word for seeing so much **** that you do not care about it anymore. I know the word but I can not write it only pronounce it.

Soon TM the favortie word of this guys. Personally i just don't care anymore i'm not expecting anything more, just taking the game for what it is right now.

^^This. Even if they gave up some information I wouldn't believe them anyway until it was actually implemented into the game. Once you lose your integrity your word is worthless.

What did they do to lose their integrity?

"Better than cross-server"

"No more 1 year-pauses between ops"

HK announcement load of hype bull****

"Don't care about bugs, CYA in a new year"

Edited by Frenesi

"Better than cross-server"

"No more 1 year-pauses between ops"

HK announcement load of hype bull****

"Don't care about bugs, CYA in a new year"

I have no idea what the cross-server thing was about.

Well maybe they will have 2 years.

Who cares about HK?

Well they fix bugs but they get more they fix and they get more.

Happy 2016 everyone!

-eric

Here's what I just posted to respond to your "communication" under the "tell us why you're leaving" section of the unsub page:

Essentially - 4.0 was an expansion heavily centered around alts, and then you made it the most unfriendly to alts it's ever been. The alliance grind is ridiculous and should have been legacy wide. The missions to get old companions back are a joke. I might have been able to stomach some of this, but your main selling point "A return to BioWare cinematic storytelling where your choices matter" was, quite simply, a lie. I can't drag myself through that story again, because it doesn't change. I stuck around for a while, hoping to hear announcements that things were getting better, but going the cheap route on alliance conversations, and recent responses to broken loot and events (to wit - we're not fixing them for several months, deal with it) proves to me that you simply don't care about this game anymore. I made the decision to unsub when I realized that my guild was running ops tonight, and I faked sick to get out of it. Three days left on my subscription? Sounds like as good a time as any to show myself the door. It is clear to me that the Old Republic no longer functions. I pray that a new game will rise to bring sanity back to Star Wars RPGs.

they did not want you hopping around the galaxy turning in quest to see cutscenes the game already feels to dependent on go here go there wait go back to were you started. Just to see cutscenes

I don't think you understood what was being asked for in that post. The idea he was getting at is that it ought to be possible for any heroic that previously started and ended at an NPC to either:

A) be available to pick up and turn in at the NPC as originally designed

B) be possible to skip the pick-up cutscene by picking up at the heroics terminal, but if we feel like it we can still turn in at the NPC anyway

C) be available to pick up at the NPC but grant an item when on the "return to whoever" mission step that can be used to bypass the turn-in cutscene

D) be possible to pick up at the terminal for a quick pick-up and use the bypass item for a quick turn-in as well

All entirely at our own discretion. Create the mechanisms to bypass the pick-up and turn-in conversations but make each of those bypass steps optional. People will then do or not do those steps as they feel like doing or not doing them.

Hopefully you're going to start with:

1. What those of us who have gotten our characters to 65 and have nothing to do will be doing in the months to come (i.e. new flashpoints, ops, warzones, other content that keeps us subscribed beyond doing your hour or two of story every month)

2. What you will be doing about the various bugs people are encountering all over the place in your game.

3. A roadmap of where you expect to take the game over the next year, and I don't just mean your hour or two of story per month... you have an enormous crisis of confidence on your hands to settle, not just with content, but also with crew skills, gear and other issues.

4. How you're going to fix the continued server issues on The Harbinger and other servers that repeatedly suffer lag and timeouts and down time.

5. How you've solved the issues with the two events you canceled at the last minute so we have confidence we will be able to complete them this month (and how "sorry, it's broken, we're not fixing it until next month" will never again be the norm in your customer service outreach.)

6. -- and please do not think this is anything but the MOST IMPORTANT to me and to many other people, including the OP of this thread -- how you are going to rectify your almost complete disappearance off of the stage (as it were) since KOTFE dropped. The only post of any substance after that first week from your community team was actually from a developer addressing the rebuffing of companions after the nerf, which smacked to many of us who can read between the lines of a bandage to stop hemorrhaging subscribers.

Convince me, Mr. Musco. I've been here since Beta, and I turned off the auto-renew on my rolling 6-month subscription that ends in February. Convince me to stay and play... that there are reasons for me to play other than leveling new specs of character classes I already have plenty of (I have legendary status already). Please convince me, and everyone else. That's what we're after.

The ball is in your court.

Edited by damonskye

Been a big fan of the game for long time, but the decision not to release ops anymore made my whole guild unsub. We had been running for 3 years straight. I am one of the few people left trying to stay, but the decisions here have been nonsense. I'm a big fan of story, but you sure as hell can't expect 15 bucks a month for an RPG. Good luck.

I'm lol'ing at all the people that are falling all over themselves to be cheery to Eric welcoming him back, as if nothing is wrong with this game, or it's development staff.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad actually. I, however, am not satisfied and content with mediocre and good enough.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad actually. I, however, am not satisfied and content with mediocre and good enough.

I totally feel the same way. I really wish they would fire all of the remaining dev staff, because they have shown nothing but ineptness when it comes to making a good, or even functional mmo.

Unless you tell us you have something besides 1-hour of a story each "month" (I assume 8-weeks) coming eric, the news won't be welcomed...we need to know what to expect BESIDES 1-hour of video each month...and don't tell us we get to play as HK either.