Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

I was just wondering how the community felt about the recent patch.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

As a Slicer, I agree with the Slicing change.

As a Gladiator-level PVPer, I completely disagree with the Warzone change. So, you get unlucky and get stuck in a group of level 10's vs level 50's? Guess what? Now Bioware hates you too! Worst change ever conceived. Tempted to cancel over it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All good except for the dumbing down of Mandalorian Raiders. That instance is very easy as it is.

Guys, Bioware has now starting the dumbing down process. It was good while it lasted.

/RIP.

Actually now that CC's heal the targets it will stay balanced. Since those mobs "enrage" as their counterparts die...say you CC 2 of them and handle 2 of them. The two remaining will come out of the CC with full health and be "enraged". The common method for these guys is to bring them all down low then kill them together. This will actually probably make them harder in the hard modes of the instance.

Wondering why such a "small" patch takes over 5 hours to implement??? Don't care if they don't fix everything in the first patch but after waiting months for this game and then bringing it out at xmas I would really like to take advantage of my holiday time by being able to play SWTOR instead of bloody facebook games! :(

I was right about Morgana being OP though...

Disagree. They barely nerfed her then she lost her place on the forums like Annie and Sion did.

Anyway, on topic. This patch seems... Small. No fix on the ability delay especially is what is most disappointing.

Wondering why such a "small" patch takes over 5 hours to implement??? Don't care if they don't fix everything in the first patch but after waiting months for this game and then bringing it out at xmas I would really like to take advantage of my holiday time by being able to play SWTOR instead of bloody facebook games! :(

Because it's not just -one- server they put these fixes on. It's a mass upload to every server then they have to test the changes on each server individually to make sure they activated and didn't break anything else.

Because it's not just -one- server they put these fixes on. It's a mass upload to every server then they have to test the changes on each server individually to make sure they activated and didn't break anything else.

Wrong. Most of the 6 hour downtime is hardware maintenance

You talking about the content that they already had built, but didn't release with the game so that they could release it shortly after launch to impress people?

watch out man big brother is watching us all.

bioware is doing a pretty good job with this. I didnt expect any major bug fixes at the end of the first week because thats just not enough time.

Pretty disappointed that the only thing that seems to be coming for me in this is the slicing nerf. Hopefully it doesn't reduce the craft to complete uselessness.

Frankly, I didn't see the problem with it. I had friends who could make actual good gear, while I needed to beg for rare mats to make anything useful with Cybertech besides grenades... until I levelled up a crafting alt and pumped thousands of credits into it to level up Underworld Trading. As a trade-off, money wasn't a problem for me.

Considering all of the good equipment is bought with commendations and credits are mostly used for training, cosmetics and speeders, this seemed like a pretty fair exchange to me.

<<IT admin who manages a global software deployment

Server infrastructure upgrades(RAM, Storage, host OS updates), Network optimization from the datacenter to the outside world, database(backup, cleanup, tweaks), patch implementation with stability tests afterwards, i think you get the point.......

It is more than just like installing a windows update on your PC.

Dude...seriously? Piss off mate... it has only been a week,a nd servers aren't even back up yet today, so either shut it, or go play another game, noone will miss you.

Besides, look at WoW, they've been at it for over a decade and manage to solve nothing, within my week of playing this, it has less bugs than wow still has.

Good Post

This is quite commical... The only issues I have is sometimes the galaxy map freaks out, and they need to implement a "Hardware Input" option to stop mouselook delay, other than that...im finding the game quite enjoyable.

Perhaps its time to stop being picky, and play the damned game...

Whats the deal with the pvp changes? Sometimes i feel like on my server our side wont win for like 6 hours straight and not necessarily because we're bad but we're out numbered a ton of the time. Off prime time hours a lot of the time our team only has 5-6 people and we'll either be out numbered by a full team or the Warzone will just end because we don't have enough people. It still felt rewarding to do it because the rewards for losing were still good. If thats gone then during those times even less people will be doing it and now I'm sure the Queue time for Warzones will end up being ridiculous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.