Bounty Contract Week - 12/22

TaitWatson

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real life lesson in how you take the best, most popular IP in the modern era - and in the very same month as the most popular movie of all time using said IP....and do every single thing possible to ensure you benefit as little as possible.

Really pretty unbelievable. When I think back to how much effort was put into the alpha/early closed beta, how much energy and excitement there was....it just makes me sad to see it come to this. Where one event gets broke, and you know its broke - and watch the next one not fire off, and then anemically say, oh well? Can't manage to rouse the team even to that level, during the release week of the most anticipated movie of the decade....using the IP of the game?

Honestly, it is truly pitiful in every sense of the word.

Do you guys hire? I love to take all of all of December as a holiday every year.

OFC they hire, they hire some paid by hour programmers from 3rd world countries, no taxes and low prices, like 2 USD per hour. Only the ppl that supervise them maybe have a steady job.

Well, this one has nothing to do with quality of film. You just really need to be very young for it to be the first introduction into SW. Older people by that time already watched earlier films, and either got into universe or said "meh". Or they are living under a rock. Such people definetely won't watch Ep.7 :rak_09:

Or really old like me :) From what I've read here and elsewhere, I'd say the ones that take most issue with Ep 7 tend to be the inbetweeners, the ones that got into Star Wars through EU stuff but their only 'raw' movie experience was the prequels. Certainly everyone in my peer group that I've talked to, being people that saw Ep 4 back in 77, have loved the new movie and really don't have any problems with it.

How about we completely scratch the silly holiday event and stick only to the recurring ones... :mad:
Or, you know, create an actually fun Holiday event. I remember LOTRO, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. having some fun ones, perhaps you should have a look there.

Or, you know, create an actually fun Holiday event. I remember LOTRO, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. having some fun ones, perhaps you should have a look there.

Galaxies was a lot of fun with good rewards like Wookie cookie buffs, decorations and such. A lot better than shafting those of us who paid CC's for LD1 & LD2 items by bringing them back for free (i.e., Snow Covered Parcels).

Thank you for not taking your customers seriously and not delivering on the promises you made to retain people over December.

Just imagine what would happen if there were an issue with a cable, phone, internet, or any other kind of persistent service provider and they said "We've figured out the problem, but we're on holiday so we're not going to fix it. Try again next month!" There would be class action lawsuits and rioting at the service's locations, including web presence and on social media.

As you're a gaming service with a dwindling customer base, this isn't the case, but I'm appalled by the lackadaisical approach that you're taking to the problem. You're wasting our money and basically flipping the bird to everyone who has subscribed to the service for December.

Bioware Austin makes me sick. Literally, physically sick. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hope you have a great holiday, I won't be here when you get back.

Please reference the post labeled "fixt"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=858189&page=12

Wish my job would let me get away with "There's a huge problem but I'm really looking forward to that time off so I'm just going to wait a few months to deal with it." Must be nice.

IKR. Dream job. Add programmer paychecks on top.

Are they hiring? I know i can blend in really great with my programming skills.

I wished I knew how crappy this game was run before I downloaded it and paid for a sub a couple days ago - as is, Im cancelling asap and Bioware is lucky they got that 15 bucks from me, but never again.

Its not that the game itself is crappy necessarily

Its the way Bioware is choosing to run it and handle their **** that is crappy

Wake up folks, they are trying to kill off SWTOR so they can move on to something else.

MMO's, as a whole, are on there way out. The ESO and Wildstar failures proved that. I'm guessing they have a Single player game with multiplayer options in the works and are just gonna wrap what they started in KOTFE then let SWTOR die.

i got one thing to add here. i love the game and its content broken as it can be sometimes ill take it nobody is perfect but,

this is the problem in my eyes look at wow by the click of a button your in contact with a GM that will help you on the spot. GW2 GM and devs actually are online and playing and testing, even having conversation with people. a smaller game in name Marvel heroes forum posts get answered by devs and not ignored there is actual conversation there.

Bioware please tell this for the sake of yourself to whoever is messing this up or trying we love your game but what we need as a player base is constant feedback conversation or support by GM's

all the other names have it and your lacking and are behind.

Wake up folks, they are trying to kill off SWTOR so they can move on to something else.

MMO's, as a whole, are on there way out. The ESO and Wildstar failures proved that. I'm guessing they have a Single player game with multiplayer options in the works and are just gonna wrap what they started in KOTFE then let SWTOR die.

Well, ESO isn't any indication, becouse at launch it was a ****** game having nothing in common with proper TES. Running simulator.

Can't say anything about Wildstar

Edited by Frenesi