Bounty Contract Week - 12/22

TaitWatson

Hey folks,

We have identified the issues that caused the Bounty Contract Week to not activate as expected. Due to the nature of the issues and the impending holiday, we will not be fixing the event and it will return as scheduled in January.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you enjoy Life Day and the Double XP event!

Thanks!

-Tait

HAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry I had to :(

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all happy about this 2nd event fail in a row. these events are probably my favorite part of SWTOR and now the 'headkill for the holidaze" sucks pretty badly.

The snowball thing was cool, but not worth the loss of Rakghouls and Bounties...

all i can say is lame and i want a refund for December!!!

Hey folks,

We have identified the issues that caused the Bounty Contract Week to not activate as expected. Due to the nature of the issues and the impending holiday, we will not be fixing the event and it will return as scheduled in January.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you enjoy Life Day and the Double XP event!

Thanks!

-Tait

I have loved this game for three years, and stuck by you guys when a lot of my friends left. I understand there's things behind the scenes that players don't see. But the cluster**** we've been handed since 4.0 has just been too much... It's clear Bioware no longer supports this game and I have unsubscribed.

I've done more than my fair share of attempting to defend bioware. But, now...there's just no way to. None. I did my best when they said no new operations, and then I couldn't really defend them when they announced the whole 224 loot philosophy. I try to sit there and say "let them go to february" in terms of releasing content, but that's all predicated on the existing things working appropriately. This month has been just insanely terrible for us. Just awful. You'd think from a business perspective that they wouldn't stand for this type of performance. I mean at every single turn this month something has gone wrong. Every single turn. I guess the answer is that they will stand for it.

I feel like we're on the string on of one of the longest, best, troll threads ever created....and it's been done to us by the creators of the game themselves.

At this point, since it is blatant that something is very wrong behind the scenes, I think that it would be helpful if details were given not just a statement of awareness. I think people are still pretty frustrated about issues going back as 3.0 last year and additional issues are only making it worse. Could we please get a rough explanation of what is going on?

Also, given that it doesn't look like the arrival of issues will be slowing anytime soon, I think it would be a nice gesture for Bioware to just give all players a goodwill offering. I admit that I don't know what one time gift could serve as one, but some kind of compensation would be a good "hey, no hard feelings..." gesture. Also, by goodwill gesture, I don't mean "buy another month of subscription time and we'll give you something." That is effectively asking people to keep paying for what appears to be an increasingly broken game. Sentiment and nostalgia can only be relied upon so far to keep people paying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I don't want to see it decline, but I also can't pretend that this isn't looking like a really bad trend. If the game and the company's responses continue to stir controversy or frustration, players will walk, and that will be bad for everybody. The companion issue in November proved it could happen. It wasn't

complaining on the forums that prompted the change or the complaints behind the slot machine would have had the same effect. The issue was how many people jumped straight to unsubscribing without hemming and hawing like usual.

I truly hope that whatever the real issue behind the scenes is gets resolved in January.

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-Tait

Should be read as;

"Here at Bioware we don't care about you. Please keep paying us for a turd that broke in half on its way to the bowl and we will keep not caring about you.

F-Off customers,

BW Staff.

P.S. We are all on vacation, so please feel free to take advantage of that new bug we introduced today and the old one we accidentally reactivated too because we won't catch it till the 3rd week of January. By then it will be to late to actually take any action against you because we are lazy and stupid"

SWTOR has so much potential, if any companies other than BW/EA had it it would be breaking records (in a god way) right now. Episode 7 just released and people are gping ape $H*t over it, but is SWTOR taking advantage?

No, But Subway, Cover Girl, Dodge, Staples, even Lays potato chips are. BW, they have a gold mine in their laps and people are running away from it... frakin morons...

Companies that have nothing at all to do with Star Wars are cashing in, but not BW, they are happy to let other companies make all the $ that they could be making...

Edited by RiVaN_

Are there any plans to make up for the fact that 2/3 in-game events planned for December were broken despite being announced well in advance? A big topic was made advertising the events that would be running and both the Rakghoul Plague and Bounty Contract Week got broken with no fix attempted before the events ended.

I understand things like this happen, that's not really my issue. I also understand that, given the holidays, it'd be hard to fix it before the events ended. That doesn't bother me much either. My issue is there being no sign of it being made up for apart from just the events returning at the time they were scheduled to return at anyway.

This is ending up leaving players punished for something that isn't their fault. I have a friend who was very much looking forward to this Bounty Week since he needed to gain some Bounty Contracts and rep in order to afford the speeder. Now that's going to be delayed even further despite him actually having planned to play this week to get it done. That should be made up for. I'm not saying it has to be an equal thing, but do something to show that you're aware of the fact that players got something they were promised taken away from them. This warrants more than a "It'll be back as scheduled next month" comment.

Yeah, about that....see you back here in a month or two :) (Constant bugs, especially with the phasing system, made me quit TESO after a couple of months)

I have played it at launch and when B2P launched, it's really a good game right now. ;)

At this point, since it is blatant that something is very wrong behind the scenes, I think that it would be helpful if details were given not just a statement of awareness. I think people are still pretty frustrated about issues going back as 3.0 last year and additional issues are only making it worse. Could we please get a rough explanation of what is going on?

Also, given that it doesn't look like the arrival of issues will be slowing anytime soon, I think it would be a nice gesture for Bioware to just give all players a goodwill offering. I admit that I don't know what one time gift could serve as one, but some kind of compensation would be a good "hey, no hard feelings..." gesture. Also, by goodwill gesture, I don't mean "buy another month of subscription time and we'll give you something." That is effectively asking people to keep paying for what appears to be an increasingly broken game. Sentiment and nostalgia can only be relied upon so far to keep people paying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I don't want to see it decline, but I also can't pretend that this isn't looking like a really bad trend. If the game and the company's responses continue to stir controversy or frustration, players will walk, and that will be bad for everybody. The companion issue in November proved it could happen. It wasn't

complaining on the forums that prompted the change or the complaints behind the slot machine would have had the same effect. The issue was how many people jumped straight to unsubscribing without hemming and hawing like usual.

I truly hope that whatever the real issue behind the scenes is gets resolved in January.

I agree with you and do not want to see SWTOR die, but all evidence points to a game that is being allowed to do just that. They are winding up the story, tying up loose ends and just letting it go. I Offer this, they increase available character slots, per server to 40 from 24. I'm hedging bets that they will go megaserver soon. During the winter or early spring. Once they have all chapters of this story finished they will stop releasing content at all. By Summer the game will be in maintenance mode with minimal staff. BW already shifted Customer support to EA, their lead designer is gone, and they don't really care about fixing some pretty serious issues. Other issues have been known since late November and they were willing to put them off nearly 3 months... not a good. Some issues are still lingering from the launch of 3.0 and several since 2.5. No New PvP maps in, who knows how long, and GSF is just straight up ignored.

When portion of a game are ignored, partially ignored or allowed to go broken for really long lengths of time then the end is near. I love SWTOR, I am very sad about what has happened to it and I'm pretty sure that when it is gone people will be reluctant to ever play another Star Wars multiplayer game again. I know this for sure, I'll never buy another Bioware title after this. They know how to ruin things better than any other studio in the business.

So let me see from the Game Update 4.0.3 "Highlights"

Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree - I got some of my progress rolled back due to server problems

Dec 8 – Jan 5: Star Wars™: The Old Republic 4th Anniversary

Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague - didn't work

Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day - throwing snowballs same content

Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP Event - not like it is hard to level now anyways

Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week - doesn't work

Makes me really wonder about putting more time into this game. :( And then there's the NiM loot fiasco, no mention of future ops,...

So let me see from the Game Update 4.0.3 "Highlights"

Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree - I got some of my progress rolled back due to server problems

Dec 8 – Jan 5: Star Wars™: The Old Republic 4th Anniversary

Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague - didn't work

Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day - throwing snowballs same content

Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP Event - not like it is hard to level now anyways

Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week - doesn't work

I might also add removing the third anniversary items from the vendor and the strongholds not being listed at the right price. However, the life day event at least worked and I liked the parcel offerings this year.

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-Tait

"Hey guys, we know exactly what we broke, but we don't care enough about our playerbase to actually fix crap, so feel free to go screw yourselves with snowballs"

There is a point where being a Star Wars fan, or being a BioWare fan is not going to be enough to keep the people currently subbed, subbed. And it seems like week after week, the sole purpose of this game is to find that breaking point for people.

BioWare IMO need to do something to show they care here. Two broken events in a row and all we get is a lolsorryholidays? It's just sad customer relations on their part. Throw us 500 -1000 cartel coins for Christmas. It's the least you guys can do.

You guys advertised these events. There was a page done up for them and everything. Bioware gave the sense that December was going to be an action-packed month, but you guys lied. How I wish some other company could make a SW MMORPG....

Same here. Just because a new movie is out doesn't mean my $15 per month enjoys being crapped on.