Bounty Contract Week - 12/22

TaitWatson

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has got to be something better to drop my $$ on, Why did we even come back? soon as I find us a worthwhile replacement we're gone for good this time.

$45 for cheapest Star Citizen pledge package. Game is in alpha, but you'll get the entire game (it's really 2 games [one large campaign, and the in-game universe).

There is a sale coming the 26th, and you'll have a chance to nab a starter package for $30.

* Also, STEAM Winter Sale started today! :D

Edited by Eillack

Its refreshing to see that they have skipped going into maintenance mode and instead working as hard as possible to kill the game.

Shame for people that still had hope things would get better. Though I am sure in the new year we will get a post about better communication or some such.

True, but how is that our problem? What we have is half-baked game. The moment i pay money for it, I stop giving ****s about devs problems, difficulties or funds. I want the game in proper state. It's up to Bioware to deal with their internal problems and provide me with such a state of the game.

When you order a new computer, and get something that does work, but produces smoke and smells of burned wire - do you care that there was a flood that prevented proper details from coming? Or that tech's wife was pregnant and he didn't have time to assemble your computer properly? Or that factory workers were underpayed? Or do you care only about the fact that the blasted thing isn't working as intended and isn't worth the money you payed for it?

And here i was considering to change my sig. Lol, not making it any time soon :rak_09:

Well, because I'm a civilised human being, I care about all those things. That means I'm not going to yell at the server if my order isn't right, that I'm not going to issue threats down the phone to some random representative in your computer example, or, in the case here, I'm not going to attack individual people (up to and including calling for them to be fired as we've all seen) because something broke in a game.

It's called being an adult. I'd still ask for my order to be made right, for my computer to get fixed and for the game to get fixed. And I may not go back to that restaurant again, I may not buy from that computer company again, and I may unsub from SWTOR. But I don't need to throw a temper tantrum to do any of those things, unlike many posters here.

Edited by SootyTX

We have identified the issues that caused the Bounty Contract Week to not activate as expected. Due to the nature of the issues and the impending holiday, we will not be fixing the event and it will return as scheduled in January.

Seriously, you guys are the worst development team in online gaming today. The absolute worst. "Sorry, but we just can't be bothered to fix major events in the game you people subscribe to." I really hope you're all looking for your next assignment because you're killing the game you're working on now.

(Holidays shmolidays. I don't care if you've all got vacations booked. You're a service organization and you should have enough staff to fix your bugs and SERVICE YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS during November and December. I'm frankly shocked and appalled that BioWare and Electronic Arts support your business model.)

Edited by damonskye

$45 for cheapest Star Citizen pledge package. Game is in alpha, but you'll get the entire game (it's really 2 games [one large campaign, and the in-game universe).

There is a sale coming the 26th, and you'll have a chance to nab a starter package for $30.

* Also, STEAM Winter Sale started today! :D

This has me intrigued.

Wow, second event in a row that you guys've failed to deliver, but hey! You sure got that 1500cc dye pack up on the market right on time!

Nice to know where your priorities are, guys. At this point even I'm thinking of letting my sub run out. They clearly don't need us that badly as customers.

Okay, devs, nobody blames you for these things happening, and most of us would be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you just said "We have no money/staff/time, our hands are tied with regards to fixing issues promptly."

But after the holidays you need to have a serious discussion with your players (and the general public, since it's obvious you desperately need to bring in new blood) about what's wrong with SWTOR and how you plan to turn it around. Give us an honest appraisal of the situation, not just a livestream advertising the new KOTFE chapter, or a bunch of hype about adding the Ebon Hawk as a player starship, or repeating the phrase "Bioware-style cinematic storytelling" until it loses all meaning.

The fact is, we can all TELL that something's wrong with SWTOR, we just don't know how bad it is or whether YOU even think it's fixable in the long term. If you just keep saying, "everything's fine, guys, better than ever," we're not going to just blindly believe you, we're going to decide that for ourselves based on the information we have. If the public perception that the game is dying becomes widespread, you're finished; nobody will subscribe to, and (more importantly to you) nobody will spend real money for items in, a game that could disappear from the internet at any time, and without that revenue you won't be able to implement a plan to fix the game even if you have one.

I don't expect a response to this post (it may not even be here tomorrow) but this isn't a rant or a threat to ragequit, it's honest advice from somebody who likes the game (or at least the game you had back in 2013-2014 when everything was going great), and wants it to survive and continue to grow.

Well, because I'm a civilised human being, I care about all those things. That means I'm not going to yell at the server if my order isn't right, that I'm not going to issue threats down the phone to some random representative in your computer example, or, in the case here, I'm not going to attack individual people (up to and including calling for them to be fired as we've all seen) because something broke in a game.

It's called being an adult. I'd still ask for my order to be made right, for my computer to get fixed and for the game to get fixed. And I may not go back to that restaurant again, I may not buy from that computer company again, and I may unsub from SWTOR. But I don't need to throw a temper tantrum to do any of those things, unlike many posters here.

Point taken

Right now I really regret resubbing one week ago.

Whatever, uninstalled ToR, dowloading TESO.

Yeah, about that....see you back here in a month or two :) (Constant bugs, especially with the phasing system, made me quit TESO after a couple of months)

Okay, devs, nobody blames you for these things happening, and most of us would be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you just said "We have no money/staff/time, our hands are tied with regards to fixing issues promptly."

But after the holidays you need to have a serious discussion with your players (and the general public, since it's obvious you desperately need to bring in new blood) about what's wrong with SWTOR and how you plan to turn it around. Give us an honest appraisal of the situation, not just a livestream advertising the new KOTFE chapter, or a bunch of hype about adding the Ebon Hawk as a player starship, or repeating the phrase "Bioware-style cinematic storytelling" until it loses all meaning.

The fact is, we can all TELL that something's wrong with SWTOR, we just don't know how bad it is or whether YOU even think it's fixable in the long term. If you just keep saying, "everything's fine, guys, better than ever," we're not going to just blindly believe you, we're going to decide that for ourselves based on the information we have. If the public perception that the game is dying becomes widespread, you're finished; nobody will subscribe to, and (more importantly to you) nobody will spend real money for items in, a game that could disappear from the internet at any time, and without that revenue you won't be able to implement a plan to fix the game even if you have one.

I don't expect a response to this post (it may not even be here tomorrow) but this isn't a rant or a threat to ragequit, it's honest advice from somebody who likes the game (or at least the game you had back in 2013-2014 when everything was going great), and wants it to survive and continue to grow.

Very well put. I doubt we will ever see anything candid, but we really need to get something solid without pointless hype. Much as I would like forum posters to act as adults, I want BW to treat us as such. The livestream announcement about the subscriber stuff was a great example of the wrong way to do it - not because the rewards were bad, they were fine. But it was handled as if they were addressing a middle school, not paying adults, from the over hype to the actual stream itself.

It would be cool if they did something in January to compensate for the the two broken events.

A double rewards weekend perhaps for both PvE and PvP would be very nice :tran_smile:

lol yeah. good luck to the developers with that. All the broken events and othergame bugs i bet they dont even know how to code a "double rewards" in PvE and PvP. lol

lol yeah. good luck to the developers with that. All the broken events and othergame bugs i bet they dont even know how to code a "double rewards" in PvE and PvP. lol

I am sure that they can do it :tran_smile:

The question is if they want a double rewards weekend, I think it would be a awesome and fun compensation for two broken events.

Edited by Icestar

Very well put. I doubt we will ever see anything candid, but we really need to get something solid without pointless hype. Much as I would like forum posters to act as adults, I want BW to treat us as such. The livestream announcement about the subscriber stuff was a great example of the wrong way to do it - not because the rewards were bad, they were fine. But it was handled as if they were addressing a middle school, not paying adults, from the over hype to the actual stream itself.

Hate to break it on you, but we are dealing with EA here. The company that firmly believes all gamers are 12 years old.

Also, entire expansion was done for new people coming in with episode 7. And let's be honest, the film is only able to bring in kids who have never seen SW before. Everybody else are already aware of the universe, and either like it or not. New film isn't going to change that.

So yea. It's indeed done for the kids, and we are treated as such.

Hate to break it on you, but we are dealing with EA here. The company that firmly believes all gamers are 12 years old.

Also, entire expansion was done for new people coming in with episode 7. And let's be honest, the film is only able to bring in kids who have never seen SW before. Everybody else are already aware of the universe, and either like it or not. New film isn't going to change that.

So yea. It's indeed done for the kids, and we are treated as such.

Agreed (other than the movie, but we had that discussion elsewhere :) ), and its what I think many otherwise reasonable people find most frustrating. And to a great extent I know why they won't be completely candid (not good for the bottom line if things are rough, especially as far as funding goes) but at the same time the overblown hype and fluff is annoying. Especially when dealing with subscribers who, by their own rules, are required to be adults.

Agreed (other than the movie, but we had that discussion elsewhere :)

Well, this one has nothing to do with quality of film. You just really need to be very young for it to be the first introduction into SW. Older people by that time already watched earlier films, and either got into universe or said "meh". Or they are living under a rock. Such people definetely won't watch Ep.7 :rak_09:

Just when you thought the bottom couldn't drop any lower, bioware goes and promises a month of events yet fails to ensure they will run successfully. They ought to air their live streams on Comedy Central, because they are an utter joke. They've made clear their vacation time is more important than ensuring the quality of their product. This is truly pathetic. I guess as long as they make money off the cartel market they'll keep their charade of interest in the game alive; what a terrible business model. Were I bioware, I'd be embarrassed at the product I'm putting out. Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

Most companies would cancel holidays/get in tempts to fix the issue if their major holiday promotion was broken....

BW's incompetence at running this game knows no bounds. Its really sad they hold the license to the biggest IP around, so much potentially being wasted due to poor management...