my petition in the hope of making a difference ....or not

tyzza

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

an hour every month is not sufficient to keep people subbed. Which the devs have realized hence the bribes.

I think the bribes were more as a response to the problems with nerfing the comps, like an apology. At almost the same time, there was also a formal apology post to us posted on the forum about that.

I'm not against them adding new flashpoints or warzone, as I do them occasionally. Hey I'm not even against operation which I never do but my main reason for being here is story, so I'd rather it get focused on then the other three. Of course that just me. I agree with a few others, I was not happy that the first chapter didn't have much choice matter beside choosing companions. They say it will matter in later chapters but I'm not holding my breath as they said that all summer. Still I'm having enough fun to keep sub, so it's all good. Edited by TheSeer

Here we go another thread about more warzones. Frankly Bio ware messed up making warzones, as anyone who played SWG will tell you. We had a open sandbox world on Galaxies and you could pvp almost anywhere. Including taking over factional player made bases and the main cities on planets. There wasn't any limit to pvp other than the opposite faction had to be flagged for it. But Bio ware had to do a theme park instead of a open world where you could do that. The consequences of that is you have to keep making warzones instead of spending developers time on story and operations, real player made and GM made events. My suggestion stop making warzones make open world pvp get credit and make it open areas for cities where you can pvp for control of them. Edited by Fallensouls

Here we go another thread about more warzones. Frankly Bio ware messed up making warzones, as anyone who played SWG will tell you. We had a open sandbox world on Galaxies and you could pvp almost anywhere. Including taking over factional player made bases and the main cities on planets. There wasn't any limit to pvp other than the opposite faction had to be flagged for it. But Bio ware had to do a theme park instead of a open world where you could do that. The consequences of that is you have to keep making warzones instead of spending developers time on story and operations, real player made and GM made events. My suggestion stop making warzones make open world pvp get credit and make it open areas to like cities where you can pvp for control of them.

Sounds like you want to revert back to illum

Personally, I expect a developer of a game of this caliber to provide a reasonable story element to this game followed by a steady stream of end game group content.

I do not see why it has to be solo player content only or group content only; and yes as a technology professional I do understand resource and time constraints.

I am been with this game since launch, and for those thinking the 4.0 model will work for the longevity of the game you are simply mistaken. The number of people who have left and/or are leaving is astounding. It is understandable that some people do play for the story, but that type of player base will not sustain the game in of itself. In fact that model was sort of what we had when SWTOR was forced to go free to play a few years ago. Remember, everyone got done with 8 stories and was basically looking around and saying "now what". If you want more story elements you really shouldn't be griefing people like the original poster. Rather you should be supporting them, just as many of us raiders have supported the PVP crowds over the years where they have clearly been denied some content they desperately have needed.

Again I want to stress by saying this I am not advocating the removal or retreat from the story driven elements. Rather, for $15 a month there is no reason what so ever why the developer can't get their act together and provide some end game group content on top of the story items.

To me, a chapter story per month, 2 operations a year, and 1 warzone "content" item should be very do able for a game this size.

Why do we have to divide ourselves as players and be jerks to one another because we do not like the same things in game? Again, I understand there is not abundant resources and time from a developer perspective. It's just with the model that is place I see no reason why they can't produce more content especially given some of their past promises.

The real reason they do not is greed and we as players continue to accept that when we really shouldn't.

I would sign your petition, but not with the intent of taking story away, but rather to show BioWare I want to support the game and want to play it, but the content they are delivering is not an acceptable value for the money.

Don't speak for "everyone" and then ask only those who agree with you to post, because this is complete horses***. I am a sub and I play for the stories. PvP is at best just a bonus I occasionally indulge in.

Honestly part of me thinks this must be a troll thread.

+

I am here for story and couldn't care less about pvp or operations, though more soloable flashpoints would be nice.

= Wholeheartedly agree

Edited by GhostNappa

Don't speak for "everyone" and then ask only those who agree with you to post, because this is complete horses***. I am a sub and I play for the stories. PvP is at best just a bonus I occasionally indulge in.

Honestly part of me thinks this must be a troll thread.

In the same token, please do not pretend there isn't a large player base associated with operations and PVP. As I said in my post above last time I saw a mass exodus of players like this was before the game went free to play.

Great that you enjoy the story, but as we saw with 1.x story alone isn't going to carry the game, just like operations only wouldn't. The story and group content should be there for a well rounded experience.

Those of us who are unhappy with where operations are have every right to get that point across.

Personally, I expect a developer of a game of this caliber to provide a reasonable story element to this game followed by a steady stream of end game group content.

I do not see why it has to be solo player content only or group content only; and yes as a technology professional I do understand resource and time constraints.

I am been with this game since launch, and for those thinking the 4.0 model will work for the longevity of the game you are simply mistaken. The number of people who have left and/or are leaving is astounding. It is understandable that some people do play for the story, but that type of player base will not sustain the game in of itself. In fact that model was sort of what we had when SWTOR was forced to go free to play a few years ago. Remember, everyone got done with 8 stories and was basically looking around and saying "now what". If you want more story elements you really shouldn't be griefing people like the original poster. Rather you should be supporting them, just as many of us raiders have supported the PVP crowds over the years where they have clearly been denied some content they desperately have needed.

Again I want to stress by saying this I am not advocating the removal or retreat from the story driven elements. Rather, for $15 a month there is no reason what so ever why the developer can't get their act together and provide some end game group content on top of the story items.

To me, a chapter story per month, 2 operations a year, and 1 warzone "content" item should be very do able for a game this size.

Why do we have to divide ourselves as players and be jerks to one another because we do not like the same things in game? Again, I understand there is not abundant resources and time from a developer perspective. It's just with the model that is place I see no reason why they can't produce more content especially given some of their past promises.

The real reason they do not is greed and we as players continue to accept that when we really shouldn't.

I would sign your petition, but not with the intent of taking story away, but rather to show BioWare I want to support the game and want to play it, but the content they are delivering is not an acceptable value for the money.

You should make this topic of another thread since I foresee no one reading this and bicker about what BW should spend money on (Answer is everything)

To answer the OP

I do not care for PVP other than a break once in a great while

I do not care for OP's at all and hate that the devs made OP's mandatory to get main hand weapons forced grouping will eventually drive me out of the game.

I do care about the story 110% it is the major draw for me

You took a large guess at a generality mainly from possibly your friends or guild or your pvp server

This does not encompass the vast majority.

K, did a quick count through and it looks like you've managed to gather 1.5 signatures (one guy had a bit of a rant, but I think he was supporting the OP). Way to go, keep up the good work. :p

At the time of posting this there were 1048 views - so, by the power of mathematics, it looks like about (.......carry the one....) 0.14% of people agree with you.

Edited by CrazyCT
Grammar

K, did a quick count through and it looks like you've managed to gather 1.5 signatures (one guy had a bit of a rant, but I think he was supporting the OP). Way to go, keep up the good work. :p

At the time of posting this there were 1048 views - so, by the power of mathematics, it looks like about (.......carry the one....) 0.14% of people agree with you.

LOL ^^^ awesome

OP I completely disagree with you....and I will just leave this here as why

I really love the new focus on story and solo pve as you said story has always been the true core of SWTOR and what sets it apart from, other MMORPG in a great way and getting new monthly repeatable story content updates is going to be amazing,

**Hint .....miss kira....hope her chapter comes sooner than later LOL **

Edited by _NovaBlast_

i think that had more to do with the companion nerf than anything else

If you honestly believe one week of companions not playing the game on your behalf is something that immediately drives huge portion of people away, then I'd say you have very little faith towards peoples faith towards this game.

Subs are in huge decline because typical player has extremely hard time finding anything meaningful to do. They released a huge new expansion that basically amounts to 7-9 hour long cutscene heavy story. What did you expect would happen after people finish it?

Huge part of people who " are here for the story" or " came back for the story" are now done with the story and left the game. I'm sure some of them will come back for another eight hours once couple of more chapters are out.

People who have been in it for the long haul and would like to be an actual part of a living community would like something, anything new and meaningful to do. New Operations, new hard modes, new PvP modes, new maps, new GSF modes etc. These people get to watch as Bioware flays NiM Ops and kills them off. They get to watch as people responsible for developing group content end up re-assigned to other EA games. These people get to watch BW spend like three years between releasing anything new for GSF or ground pvp. These people get to watch live streams where BW declares they are " all about story". These people get to watch new expansions released that gives them no new meaningful content of any nature. These people are getting tired too, and leave just as well.

KOTFE-era TOR is a great eight hours for people who are " all about story". Subscribing to KOTFE era TOR appears extremely non appealing to huge majority of community. Why would people who love story want to do it after they are done spending one month playing through the eight hours? Why would people who used to like the actual GAME BW is now busy flaying end up sticking around?

There are niches of people who keep finding TOR sub worthy;

* people who are physically unable to stop loving every single second they get to watch a head talk can play through story 10000 times and enjoy every second of it. Huge value to money and time.

* weird people who really enjoy GSF and like the experience of playing SW:TOR as a pilot!

* People bound to game by friendships, guilds they like etc.

* Star Wars fans who feel they must play a Star Wars MMO. (See: continued success of SWG)

* I meant to continue the listing but can't think of anyone else really.

I'd say huge majority of former player base doesn't belong in any of these minorities.

Game that wants to make a sub out of you and turn a huge pile of people into vibrant community needs longevity. Seven hours of talking heads in L shaped corridors is some kind of an 'anti' to longevity.

Edited by Stradlin

If you honestly believe one week of companions not playing the game on your behalf is something that immediately drives huge portion of people away, then I'd say you have very little faith towards peoples faith towards this game.

cant argue with you on this point, i in fact have zero faith in peoples faith in this game lol,

in fact i have very little faith in people to do the right thing, and i have zero faith in people who play MMOs in general for being decent human beings, there are always outliers and exceptions, but the people in general in this game and others like it.... no i have no faith in them

cant argue with you on this point, i in fact have zero faith in peoples faith in this game lol,

in fact i have very little faith in people to do the right thing, and i have zero faith in people who play MMOs in general for being decent human beings, there are always outliers and exceptions, but the people in general in this game and others like it.... no i have no faith in them

I began making my POINT after the bits you chose to quote and respond to.

..Hmm, also I think huge portion of TOR's community are pretty nice people actually. At least the vocal bits are. You'd never guess it by reading the general discussion bits of these forums though.

Edited by Stradlin