BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

Maybe they will introduce new models and customization for our characters and companions, so they are on the same level of quality like Kotfe's (Sith eyes). Maybe it is announcement of new OP and WZ.

:)

I wonder, what is so big and for subs only?

Darth Malgus returns as companion?

I. WOULD. DIE. FROM. HAPPINESS.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally not a Negative Nancy. But the last time they trolled us in the month of December was in 2012 when Jeff Hickman lost all credibility forever with “The stuff we are doing for Life Day are absolutely amazing … I am super excited about it. You guys are going to die when you see it.” And it turned out to be the Sleigh mount in the CM.

probably like most "BIG" announcements....a "positive" spin on something they're tweaking/nerfing/modifying in-game that is anything but positive. like the new CM packs....or the laughable excuse they gave for companions being butchered last week (saying they didn't realize so many would be doing the major content that came with KotFE once story is done)...etc.

don't get your hopes up.

I'm used to over-hype and under-deliver - most game publishers/designers do it, now, so i'm not gonna get excited. It's just another blip on the radar to actually acknowledge, and see what it's about, really. It may actually be decent, y'know? Just don't hold your breath; we'll see when we get there. :jawa_nod: (<- i know it doesn't exist) Edited by TikkyLightmaker

"Stay subbed from Dec 1 through March 1 and the release of Chapter X, written entirely by Drew Karpyshyn, and you'll get a free Niko Okarr barstool decoration."

"In concert with LucasArts and Disney, here's a 50% off coupon for the Android version of Knights of the Old Republic."

"We can't pay our voice actors any more, so we got Musco to redub everything himself!"

"Season 2 of Knights of the Old Republic is officially a go. Featuring the true villains behind Arcann, Revan and Malek! Everything you thought you knew about KOTOR and SWTOR is wrong! Everyone who stays subscribed from now until the indeterminate date that Season 2 launches will receive Darth Malek's Sith Spirit armor! It's the same as the Malek armor sets already in the game, but now in a nice phosphorescent blue glow!"

"Exclusive only to subscribers, Charles Boyd's handwritten notes about sheep!"

Drew joined the show.

It's a bit too much fuss for just a new chapter that we know will come anyway.

Ok you got me intrigued.

I'm normally not a Negative Nancy. But the last time they trolled us in the month of December was in 2012 when Jeff Hickman lost all credibility forever with “The stuff we are doing for Life Day are absolutely amazing … I am super excited about it. You guys are going to die when you see it.” And it turned out to be the Sleigh mount in the CM.

:p

I think most likely is some manner of next episode announcement, which I would indeed be hype for.

Edited by Karkais

Best event ever!

Isn't it obvious? Subscribers get the upcoming chapters. The lead write posted in saying he was excited. Drew Karpyshyn has now chimed in who is a leading Star Wars genre author who happened to work for BW back in the day and wrote a lot of KOTOR.

Isn't it obvious that the announcement will simply be that Drew Karpyshyn is joining the story team and will be writing future story chapters for SWToR? That is my best guess.

Isn't it obvious? Subscribers get the upcoming chapters. The lead write posted in saying he was excited. Drew Karpyshyn has now chimed in who is a leading Star Wars genre author who happened to work for BW back in the day and wrote a lot of KOTOR.

Isn't it obvious that the announcement will simply be that Drew Karpyshyn is joining the story team and will be writing future story chapters for SWToR? That is my best guess.

I want Drew to write up more books, provide more stories, etc for Star Wars under the new canon. I love his material.

They will be announcing that they intend to launch a game based on the KotoR universe. It will be titled "Star Wars the Old Republic".

The 4 year beta test is almost completed.

You just won the thread.

I award you all my points for the day and your choice of adult beverage.

Edited by thewitchdoctor

As long as it is not another change to the game, or gods forbid, level 70. Some... quiet... time... to catch up... please? Gods, I should probably finish Chapter 8 or something. So many things to do, re-do and re-learn, it's really hard to commit to finishing the story-line. Edited by DomiSotto

pretty sure it had already been announced Months ago Drew was back.

Also, this is an announcement specific to subscribers. Drew rejoining the writing team thus isn't something along those lines .

ya know it just occurs to me. maybe they're announcing when season 2 will start. it seems REALLY early but..

Edited by BrianDavion

So, what do you think it's going to be? Greater monthly cc grant? Lower sub fee? Monthly in-game items? A new title? A pat on the back?

A reskin of one of the worst looking speeders in game that nobody ever rides?

Nah, can't be, they've done that multiple times already!

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I don't know what to expect with this personally. I was hype the last time they send a mail I remember about "Choose your Path" promo and it ended well, not shocking me personally. It was a trailer about both class scenarios I remember, nothing to be really impressed with to be honest. :(

My shot will be that probably it will be a new 20 bucks expansion about Revan or something related to Star Wars The Force Awakens in some way or another. What else can shock and amaze subs at this point hmm? :confused: