Please let me romance Arcann.

Gabrandt

I gotta ask tho, do you even know what's under that Marr mask? yikes.
That's half the attraction and excitement right there, imo. The mystery of not knowing, the endless possibilities of just how bad it could be paired with an enigmatic presence.

As for Arcann, those who want him are welcome to him. If the option becomes available, I'm sure as hell never taking it (maybe on a boosted nobody out of sheer curiosity) but if they do make Arcann a LI I would sincerely hope they consider some of the other, more popular imo, Force using males as an LI too. Imagine if all the male players only had Lana as an option.. you know?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcann is an established character which is why I'm in favor for this...

and he's a potential companion too

Unless they're resurrecting Thexan, I want them to focus on their existing character pool. SWTOR already did a purge for a lot of characters (aka Alliance Alerts) and we still have many LIs missing.

I rather not have Charles Boyd create a new male force-sensitive character just for some cheesy player-sexual romance. Seriously guys...

*Facepalm* LOL

Birthright ? I'm so taking the chair and kick him out ! Don't need Daddy endorsement . Chapter 16 fiasco owe me one !

But his daddy is already ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL...

seriously you can't possibly think it would be THAT easy.

Edited by revkashepard

That's half the attraction and excitement right there, imo. The mystery of not knowing, the endless possibilities of just how bad it could be paired with an enigmatic presence.

As for Arcann, those who want him are welcome to him. If the option becomes available, I'm sure as hell never taking it (maybe on a boosted nobody out of sheer curiosity) but if they do make Arcann a LI I would sincerely hope they consider some of the other, more popular imo, Force using males as an LI too. Imagine if all the male players only had Lana as an option.. you know?

I guess I'm attracted to things more... tangible. Like a six pack :D

And at this point, Lana pretty much *is* their only option >.> I think that's why we're seeing all the desperation in these "let me romance Arcann and Vaylin" threads. They ain't no other options. :mad::mad:

And at this point, Lana pretty much *is* their only option >.> I think that's why we're seeing all the desperation in these "let me romance Arcann and Vaylin" threads. They ain't no other options. :mad::mad:

There's always the six pick. You know the saying : "A beer won't ever be angry with you if you drink another beer" :)

I rather not have Charles Boyd create a new male force-sensitive character just for some cheesy player-sexual romance. Seriously guys...

what? That's exactly what they did with all the original LI's. The question is whether they can make him interesting, like Kira, or bland like .... I forgot her name, the consular's padawan.

I more so meant in general. Male Sith have Jaesa and Ashara as Force using LI. Male Jedi have Kira and Nadia as Force using LI. Female Sith and Jedi? Arcann, if they were to ever do as is asked here (and Lana if you happen to be a lesbian/bisexual and don't mind the endless snotty nose she seems to have). So with that said, I'd appreciate it if they'd expand the amount of Force using male LI's for us women in general rather than being limited to Arcann, if they go through with turning him into one.

I more so meant in general. Male Sith have Jaesa and Ashara as Force using LI. Male Jedi have Kira and Nadia as Force using LI.

From all of these Kira is the only one that has somewhat interesting story.

Edited by Tsetso

I'll romance him. I like his voice. I like his larger than type 2 build. I also don't find the relationship between Arcann and the Outlander to be abusive. They are two powerful warriors duking it out. Arcann holds no power over the Outlander and exerts no control. By the end of KotET it is the Outlander with all the power and control. Besides, marrying your rival for alliance building is a time honored tradition. 😉

I just want to be able to kill Arcann. I certainly don't want my primarily female characters to be able to romance him, none of them would. They'd all choose to kill him at worst, or just let him go at best. More inclined to try to kill him though. :D

If Arcann becomes a LI, he'd be dead before your female toons get the chance, if we get to kill him at all. Hes not going to be a LI in kotet so you wouldn't really see any of it. :D

I gotta ask tho, do you even know what's under that Marr mask? yikes.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter to me (I love the voice and how he wears his armor ;) ). But then I also thought The Phantom was way more awesome than Raoul too. Be gone pretty boy with better hair than me, be gone! Fly! :D

I don't know, but it doesn't matter to me (I love the voice and how he wears his armor ;) ). But then I also thought The Phantom was way more awesome than Raoul too. Be gone pretty boy with better hair than me, be gone! Fly! :D

What if the kiss scene really turns you off!!!?! Because of his looks ;p ?

Edited by Eshvara

I more so meant in general. Male Sith have Jaesa and Ashara as Force using LI. Male Jedi have Kira and Nadia as Force using LI. Female Sith and Jedi? Arcann, if they were to ever do as is asked here (and Lana if you happen to be a lesbian/bisexual and don't mind the endless snotty nose she seems to have). So with that said, I'd appreciate it if they'd expand the amount of Force using male LI's for us women in general rather than being limited to Arcann, if they go through with turning him into one.

I know what you mean and I agree with you. I just meant, at this point in the game, we're all low on options. Therefore, we're all like... "haha he wants to romance Garza... what a ....hmm. ok I could do that".

For those who want Arcann, I wouldn't hold my breath. Charles seemed surprised at the thought. We know how slow development time is. If they hadn't even considered it yet..... we're looking at like 2018.

Edited by Ralei

what? That's exactly what they did with all the original LI's. The question is whether they can make him interesting, like Kira, or bland like .... I forgot her name, the consular's padawan.

Arcann isn't a designated romance character to begin with. He is an optional character in KOTET regardless of any potential future romance arc.

None of the class-story LIs are optional characters. They can't write them out without enraging everyone who romance them and Bioware is under EA which is one of SAG-AFTRA strike. There's no guarantee that any of the remaining 15 voice actors would come back to voice romance lines.

Edited by revkashepard

You're so awesome! That's always been my point of view too and when Christine goes with Raoul instead I'm like.. what, no lady, *** are you doing?! Go with the Phantom he's so much more.. argh dumb brat! :rolleyes:

Scourge is the first Lord Wrath and he had done worse things for centuries. The immortality Vitiate gave him already remove his capacity to love and likely sexual desire too. I doubt even Jedi Knight could change that in him.

I'm more alert to changes in voice tone. For instance, the most obvious scene was in Chapter 1 when he paused to talk at the walkway about how impressive you are. Arcann sometimes deepened his voice when he talks and he's always amused whenever there's a show of defiance. There's a few second stare contest before Heskal came into frame.

I get that Scourge has killed many people, he's as much as admitted to killing dozens of Jedi and at least twice as many Sith...but that doesn't quite match up in scale with Arcann's decimating at least 5 populated planets. Millions died. Scourge hasn't killed millions and he worked for the Emperor, who ordered him. Arcann, ordered himself. He killed all those people on all those worlds, cause he wanted to. He's as bad or worse than his father really. As far as we know Vitiate ate Nathema and Ziost.

I think anything is possible if it's well written. There would be a way to reverse Scourge's lack of emotion and appetite. The Sith world is full of rituals. In fact in my story, I used 'the Mother Machine' on Belsavis to remake him and 'cure' him for my Jedi. :D

I won't argue that Arcann has a nice interesting voice and I do pick up on voice nuances very well myself, but I didn't get flirtation from him at all. In fact I think Arcann said he had emotion beaten out of him at a young age. I can't recall precisely if it was 'emotion' or just 'fear' but I remember something to that effect. I'm just not attracted to the character in a romantic way at all. To me, he has one purpose and that's as someone for the player to vanquish. He'd be dead now, if I had my way. But I will take another look at those scenes you described, it'll be fun to relive it without playing it. :)

Edited by Lunafox

Arcann's personality, abilities, experience, and heritage could make him a good romance option for some DS characters. The same could be said for a redeemed Arcann and some LS characters or even DS characters who have been turned to the light. I can also see why the idea would anger, nauseate, or otherwise upset characters of either alignment.

But then, that's pretty much true of all the LI companions, isn't it? Everyone has their favourites. Everyone has their reasons why they like or don't like a romance option, and some are more vehement than others.

Obviously the situation with Arcann isn't exactly the same as with the others, and I sincerely doubt we would be given the chance to romance a non-redeemed Arcann, but he'd not be the first violent, egotistical antagonist to do a heel-face-turn and wind up in a relationship. (Aaaaaand now that I think about it, KotFE really is a lot like DBZ lmao)

So while I don't know if any of my characters would go for Arcann, I do support having that option because options are good.

Arcann isn't a designated romance character to begin with. He is an optional character in KOTET regardless of any potential future romance arc.

None of the class-story LIs are optional characters. They can't write them out without enraging everyone who romance them and Bioware is under EA which is one of SAG-AFTRA strike. There's no guarantee that any of these voice actors would come back.

Just saying that's how all the li's came about, so the idea isn't ridiculous.

They were optional when they were written. None of them were integral to the larger story of the Empire and the Republic at launch, they were confined to their class stories. They were written because Bioware wanted companion characters to help each class, and wanted at least one romance option for everyone. That's how they started.

Lana and Theron are actually unique in that they were part of the story and romanceable. So there's precedent for both ways.

Just saying that's how all the li's came about, so the idea isn't ridiculous.

They were optional when they were written. None of them were integral to the larger story of the Empire and the Republic at launch, they were confined to their class stories. They were written because Bioware wanted companion characters to help each class, and wanted at least one romance option for everyone. That's how they started.

Lana and Theron are actually unique in that they were part of the story and romanceable. So there's precedent for both ways.

Now, you could kill Kaliyo and/or Jorgan. There's likely more deaths too in KOTET so no one is guarantee to survive (finally).

Frankly, I wish I could sympathise better with all the pleas for original waifu and husbando to come home. But romance isn't exactly this game's best feature and considering how far apart the years between the last expansion that you heard them voiced, it was even more unlikely for them to return.

Edited by revkashepard

Now, you could kill Kaliyo and/or Jorgan. There's likely more deaths too in KOTET so no one is guarantee to survive (finally).

Frankly, I wish I could sympathise better with all the pleas for original waifu and husbando to come home. But romance isn't exactly this game's best feature and considering how far apart the years between the last expansion that you heard them voiced, it was even more unlikely for them to return.

You know what, I think if there were more to do in-game, and the current story more engaging, it would be less of an issue. For me, I didn't even marry anyone and I still want them back cause I'm just bored.

I know they took them away because they didn't have the resources to write every single class story into Kotfe - so everyone was homogenized into a jedi knight and they thought disappearing the companions would be more manageable. They sorta did the same thing with Rishi, but to a lesser extent.

I think by making the companions actually go away, they made it *more* noticeable and opened up a giant can of worms in bringing them back. At least with Rishi, even tho they never spoke, they were physically there and the player sorta filled in the rest.

You know what, I think if there were more to do in-game, and the current story more engaging, it would be less of an issue. For me, I didn't even marry anyone and I still want them back cause I'm just bored.

I know they took them away because they didn't have the resources to write every single class story into Kotfe - so everyone was homogenized into a jedi knight and they thought disappearing the companions would be more manageable. They sorta did the same thing with Rishi, but to a lesser extent.

I think by making the companions actually go away, they made it *more* noticeable and opened up a giant can of worms in bringing them back. At least with Rishi, even tho they never spoke, they were physically there and the player sorta filled in the rest.

I think people like to run around with their characters LIs, so even when they didn't say much, the player knew they were there story wise.

They also missed a good opportunity to open up all or some of the companions to not only every class, but every player.

What if the kiss scene really turns you off!!!?! Because of his looks ;p ?

Nah, it's Darth Marr. Him turning me off, would be damn near impossible. It's like my character says in my story, 'well if you look like a ginx, I'll just get you to put the mask back on.' :D

You're so awesome! That's always been my point of view too and when Christine goes with Raoul instead I'm like.. what, no lady, *** are you doing?! Go with the Phantom he's so much more.. argh dumb brat! :rolleyes:

Thank you! *bows* Christine...argh. The woman has no taste. I'd take the Phantom over Raoul anytime. Especially Gerard Butler phantom...but then again, Colm Wilkinson's phantom is awesome too, his voice...my gods, that voice. Seriously, youtube Colm Wilkinson's Phantom. Swoon worthy! :D

Thank you! *bows* Christine...argh. The woman has no taste. I'd take the Phantom over Raoul anytime. Especially Gerard Butler phantom...but then again, Colm Wilkinson's phantom is awesome too, his voice...my gods, that voice. Seriously, youtube Colm Wilkinson's Phantom. Swoon worthy! :D

Yeah just gave him a listen, he's really good. My favorite by far is still always and ever the original performances by Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford, vocal wise though I was reasonably impressed with Emmy in the film and Butler.. I'll have him any day of the week no matter who he plays or what he does. :o

Sorry for hijacking the topic, again. Go Arcann and stuff! *does a half arsed pompom wave*

Edited by JennyFlynn