Please let me romance Arcann.

Gabrandt

Yes! And do we women really want just one force sensitive male option instead of more? We deserve better than that.:rak_03: They have 6!!

And he's just one already established character and not a character created to be a designated love interest (*cough*). Adding a romance arc simply expand his personal narrative, it doesn't change the fact that he's already in KOTFE and KOTET.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first chapter of KOTET is about Senya finding a way to heal Arcann at Voss. In yesterday's teaser, in the last second where you can see Vaylin, Senya, Arcann and Valkorion at Odessen. You can see Arcann's left side... without a mask and without his cybernetic arm.

What we have here are just speculations, but the lead writer already said Arcann romance can happen if we ask him nicely. And we're not making everyone romance him. That's why its called having options. Whether you like him or not that's up to you. We're not forcing you to do it if it didn't make sense in your gameplay.

Also, KOTFE is already an unconventional courtship between a man's obsession over a person. Also Erik Dellums deserve much love.

Arcann needs his mask and cybernetic arm. Damn, now I'm sad :(

And he's just one already established character and not a character created to be a designated love interest (*cough*). Adding a romance arc simply expand his personal narrative, it doesn't change the fact that he's already in KOTFE and KOTET.

Oh I agree, I'm full team Arcann. But comparing it to what makes have and what females have, just even 1 is still poor either way. Not that if complain if that one would be Arcann.

This is just as bad ad all those women/girls who keep going back to the guys who beat the **** of of them...

"BUT BUT, HE ONLY BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVES ME!!!!! :rolleyes:

No wonder domestic violence is so high, just reading this forum alone you can see people activly seek out abusers...

Before the "But but i can redeen him...." drivel pops up, thats what those abused women generally say is why thry keep going back, that if they just love him enough he will change... they usually dont...

Blech

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This is just as bad ad all those women/girls who keep going back to the guys who beat the **** of of them...

"BUT BUT, HE ONLY BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVES ME!!!!! :rolleyes:

No wonder domestic violence is so high, just reading this forum alone you can see people activly seek out abusers...

Before the "But but i can redeen him...." drivel pops up, thats what those abused women generally say is why thry keep going back, that if they just livebhim enough he will change...

Blech

You made my eyes roll so hard, like you wouldn't believe! Let's compare swtor or online game and character personas to real life some more.:rak_03:

People who play sith are complete maniacs in real life, they must be extremely violent towards people.

People who play shooters would love to shoot the fark out of everything, I bet all those school shooters were counter strike players.

You're on point man.

You made my eyes roll so hard, like you wouldn't believe! Let's compare swtor or online game and character personas to real life some more.:rak_03:

People who play sith are complete maniacs in real life, they must be extremely violent towards people.

People who play shooters would love to shoot the fark out of everything, I bet all those school shooters were counter strike players.

You're on point man.

Im going to guess youve never been in a physicaly abusive relationship. I cant even begin to understand why someone would want to "pretend" to be in a relationship with someone that tried to kill them/beat them regularly.

Some things just dont make any sense to "RP", especially to those that have actually experiened things like that.

Reminds me of all those women who want to marry Chatles Manson...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Im going to guess youve never been in a physicaly abusive relationship. I cant even begin to understand why someone would want to "pretend" to be in a relationship with someone that tried to kill them/beat them regularly.

Some things just dont make any sense to "RP"

How exactly is Arcann abusive towards women? Canonically speaking this is about the lightside jedi male too. And no, I haven't. Out of all the stupid arguments I see, this one takes the freaking cake.

Indulging into a dark fantasy in a game isn't the same as real life, take your pointless point elsewhere.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

How exactly is Arcann abusive towards women? Canonically speaking this is about the lightside jedi male too. And no, I haven't. Out of all the stupid arguments I see, this one takes the freaking cake.

Hes abusive to the player in general, the whole wants to kill you, impaled you with his lightsaber, killed possibly billions to try and find you yo kill you.

The guy stabbed you, tried to kill you multiple times, and you people want to **** him? Seriously? :eek:

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Some things just dont make any sense to "RP", especially to those that have actually experiened things like that.

Uh, you know we are talking about a game?

I am 31 years old female. Does having green female commando in relationship with a cat mean something special? Should I be worried? Or if I have mostly Miralukas, does that mean I am hoping I will go blind?

It. Is. A. Game. Some people do love role playing with their characters which are not based on the reality. Why deny MORE options for people? You can kill Arcann, I can kill him too. But then my chaotic evil Assassin marry him because why the hell not? He's less insane and bloodlusting than she is.

Hes abusive to the player in general, the whole wants to kill you, impaled you with his lightsaber, killed possibly billions to try and get to you.

The guy stabbed you, tried to kill you multiple times, and you people want to **** him? Seriously? :rolleyes:

It's war, obviously he's going to want to kill you. I don't exactly give a crap. I'm no better, I killed plenty as a sith, let people die, killed my master and the list goes on. I must be a real abuser in real life too.

Bioware is probably supporting real life abuse, because they have Arcann in the game or Quinn and they behave a certain way., how dare they!! I bet someone like you could actually believe that.

Lets dye our hair blue and make youtube videos about certain cultures. Sounds right up your street.

Uh, you know we are talking about a game?

I am 31 years old female. Does having green female commando in relationship with a cat mean something special? Should I be worried?

Oh my god, this made my day.:D

Edited by Eshvara

Some things just dont make any sense to "RP", especially to those that have actually experienced things like that.

I am going to have to agree with you here. As much as I think women need better choices, this one here doesn't make sense in the whole realm of things.

It is easy to say well its a game but a game should not remind a person of a situation that they have been involved in. If you have never had this experience or tried to help a friend out of a situation like this, it is hard for you to see how a situation like this doesn't make sense.

I am going to have to agree with you here. As much as I think women need better choices, this one here doesn't make sense in the whole realm of things.

It is easy to say well its a game but a game should not remind a person of a situation that they have been involved in. If you have never had this experience or tried to help a friend out of a situation like this, it is hard for you to see how a situation like this doesn't make sense.

This is where your rational mind should jump in and realise this isn't real life. Men may have been in a manipulative relationship before, should that mean Kaliyo should not be a romance option because she's way up there too?

Even if she has been in an abusive relationship in real life, Arcann and no other compaion still isn't abusive towards women specifically. It's silly to turn things that way just because its a sensitive subject to you.

If you are that far gone you can't see the difference between a game and reality, maybe you shouldn't be here to begin with.

Edited by Eshvara

So this is crossing the line but:

- torturing is OK

- killing innocents is OK

- being racist is OK(Siths and their love to "lesser" species")

And I am sure I've forgotten some others.

Are we talking about the SAME game?

Edit> I know you haven't said it's OK, but the game has plenty of IRL bad stuff already and argumentation based on IRL situation is stupid IMO. Because this way we can remove the whole Empire from the game.... (and Republic partially too)

Edited by Deaconik

He wanted to kill you because HIS FATHER was in YOU. If you surrender to him on Asylum, Valkorion will appear to him and ordered him to kill the Outlander or "you will never get rid of me, Arcann!"

Arcann actually ended the war between Sith Empire and Republic by being heavy handed about his rule. His people hated him because they no longer live in a paradise and suddenly you and him destroy that fantasy that Valkorion created. Valkorion himself have his ulterior motives to want you hate Arcann and his sister whereas he is the true threat. And Arcann said it himself. "It was never about you." For the entirety of KOTFE, his main goal is always to completely destroy his father who happened to be a god-emperor who already killed billions and could become incorporeal and jump into bodies.

He can be redeemed or not depending on what you do at the end of KOTFE and in KOTET. And this is the redeemed Arcann we want to fall in love with.

And where the hell does this abusive relationship come from...??

Edited by revkashepard

His father never held him enough when he was little. He's obviously under-cuddled.

I'm sure he'll be nice to the galaxy, if someone would just hug him. :(

I hope that happens for you.

I on the other hand plan to reintroduce him to his brother at the first chance I get.

So this is crossing the line but:

- torturing is OK

- killing innocents is OK

- being racist is OK(Siths and their love to "lesser" species")

And I am sure I've forgotten some others.

Are we talking about the SAME game?

Edit> I know you haven't said it's OK, but the game has plenty of IRL bad stuff already and argumentation based on IRL situation is stupid IMO. Because this way we can remove the whole Empire from the game.... (and Republic partially too)

No none of that is okay and yes I know it is in the game and its a game. But there are situations that can make a person deal with things they rather not deal with on a game.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view but I do expect some respect for my point of view just as I will respect your point of view.

In the end, the devs will decide what they will do but people should feel that their opinions are respected even if they are not agreed with and there are some that will be flippant about someone point of view when it is different.

I voiced my opinion on this and I do thank you for at least respecting my opinion. Have a good day.

No none of that is okay and yes I know it is in the game and its a game. But there are situations that can make a person deal with things they rather not deal with on a game.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view but I do expect some respect for my point of view just as I will respect your point of view.

In the end, the devs will decide what they will do but people should feel that their opinions are respected even if they are not agreed with and there are some that will be flippant about someone point of view when it is different.

I voiced my opinion on this and I do thank you for at least respecting my opinion. Have a good day.

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect your opinion. This time I won't use my famous quote :D

But this is just adding a new option for us who are RP for totally insane characters. Would I romance Arcann more than once? Probably not. Would I kill him more than once? Probably not, I am mostly LS good old redemption Jedi who loves everyone and everything. But that doesn't mean I cannot go insane :)

He wanted to kill you because HIS FATHER was in YOU. If you surrender to him on Asylum, Valkorion will appear to him and ordered him to kill the Outlander or "you will never get rid of me, Arcann!"

Arcann actually ended the war between Sith Empire and Republic by being heavy handed about his rule. His people hated him because they no longer live in a paradise and suddenly you and him destroy that fantasy that Valkorion created. Valkorion himself have his ulterior motives to want you hate Arcann and his sister whereas he is the true threat. And Arcann said it himself. "It was never about you." For the entirety of KOTFE, his main goal is always to completely destroy his father who happened to be a god-emperor who already killed billions and could become incorporeal and jump into bodies.

He can be redeemed or not depending on what you do at the end of KOTFE and in KOTET. And this is the redeemed Arcann we want to fall in love with.

And where the hell does this abusive relationship come from...??

Because even though his father may have been his prime target, all the physical damage/abuse was done to you the Outlander. So yes, that could be seen as one wanting to hook up with an abusive man, regardless of the underlying reasons for his abuse.

And even if he's redeemed, then what? He's suddenly filled with love for his father? He'll no longer care that his father lives on through you? He'll be okay making love to you when all he sees each time he's looked at you so far, is his father? Weird.

Every person has their own approach to the game and it is in the end just a game however, certain situations can be a trigger or going too far for some. Though you may feel differently yourself, it doesn't mean their opinion or feelings towards the situation are any less valid or mock worthy.

So if that's sensitive to said person, should said person play a game that trigger thoughts of real life events?

If I dealt with racism and slavery should I play swtor because they ha e twileks who are the victims of those?

I myself in real life am too much of a wuss to watch ghost movies about possession and what not:rak_01: So I don't watch them. I'd probably need a catheter to keep my bed dry at night:eek:

I can't change the way people feel, but to not want something in a game that's no worse than all of the other bad stuff is just silly and you shouldn't be playing if this triggers you. (Speaking in general)

Because even though his father may have been his prime target, all the physical damage/abuse was done to you the Outlander. So yes, that could be seen as one wanting to hook up with an abusive man, regardless of the underlying reasons for his abuse.

And even if he's redeemed, then what? He's suddenly filled with love for his father? He'll no longer care that his father lives on through you? He'll be okay making love to you when all he sees each time he's looked at you so far, is his father? Weird.

Every person has their own approach to the game and it is in the end just a game however, certain situations can be a trigger or going too far for some. Though you may feel differently yourself, it doesn't mean their opinion or feelings towards the situation are any less valid or mock worthy.

Are we talking about the same Outlander who happen to be the most powerful force user/soldier/spy/bountyhunter/smuggler in the entire galaxy? Who could also torture the living frak out of people, who love seeing people cry in pain and torture, who could be supremacist, psychopathic and insane? Who could murder the parents of a young girl to turn her into this demented sith because your master ask you to and you could sleep with her afterwards depending on the way you talk to her?

And suddenly the mere option of an unconventional LI who happened to be a redeemed villain is suddenly sickening and abusive?

You are allowed your own opinion. We are also allowed to question opinions that began with "you all are supporting abusive relationships for wanting to romance a fictional villain" with critical reasoning, of course.

Are we talking about the same Outlander who happen to be the most powerful force user/soldier/spy/bountyhunter/smuggler in the entire galaxy? Who could also torture the living frak out of people, who love seeing people cry in pain and torture, who could be supremacist, psychopathic and insane? Who could murder the parents of a young girl to turn her into this demented sith because your master ask you to and you could sleep with her afterwards depending on the way you talk to her?

And suddenly the mere option of an unconventional LI who happened to be a redeemed villain is suddenly sickening and abusive?

You are allowed your own opinion. We are also allowed to question opinions that began with "you all are supporting abusive relationships for wanting to romance a fictional villain" with critical reasoning, of course.

Not every Outlander is as you describe, not even my Imperials are fully wired that way. Mine, how I play them.

I never said Arcann is sickening and abusive in my eyes however, I do understand and respect (and tried to relate to) the fact others might feel so. That I can see where Xia is coming from.

I'm not interested in Arcann myself because I simply do not like his personality nor physical appearance, he's not my kind of guy whether he's cuddling kittens or blowing up Core worlds.

I did say in one my other posts that I have little right to judge considering the fact my JK, yes even my LS one, would hook up with Lord Scourge in an instant and my Sith Warriors all forgave and married Quinn despite the incident.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect your opinion. This time I won't use my famous quote :D

But this is just adding a new option for us who are RP for totally insane characters. Would I romance Arcann more than once? Probably not. Would I kill him more than once? Probably not, I am mostly LS good old redemption Jedi who loves everyone and everything. But that doesn't mean I cannot go insane :)

Thank you.

Lol, my sorcerer will kill Arcann. She wants the throne for herself and she not going to give him another chance to stab her in the back.

Not every Outlander is as you describe, not even my Imperials are fully wired that way. Mine, how I play them.

I never said Arcann is sickening and abusive in my eyes however, I do understand and respect (and tried to relate to) the fact others might feel so. That I can see where Xia is coming from.

I'm not interested in Arcann myself because I simply do not like his personality not physical appearance, he's not my kind of guy whether he's cuddling kittens or blowing up Core worlds.

I did say in one my other posts that I have little right to judge considering the fact my JK, yes even my LS one, would hook up with Lord Scourge in an instant and my Sith Warriors all forgave and married Quinn despite the incident.

My Sith Warrior was already married to Quinn before his betrayal and she couldn't very much divorce him on the spot but considering the heartfelt letter Quinn gave her, she still holding a grudge and I already expect their marriage be voided after years of her alleged death. And that's like literally all men in her life who used and manipulate her for their own goals and Valkorion is doing the exact same thing to her. But we're both consenting adults who don't view Arcann that badly. Keeping her in stasis for five years did weaken his father's powers on her. She also think his father driven him insane and she don't blame Arcann for everything bad that happened to her and everyone and the entire galaxy. Also, she blast him with force lightning and they pretty much could handle in a fight against each other as an equal. She also let Senya save him because he did saved her life when his father ordered him to kill her and she owed him that.

I want him because nobody is good enough for my Lady Wrath of the Sith Empire and the possibility of pairing her with an eligible Emperor's son who completely share her desire to completely destroy Valkorian is very enticing. I want this to happen because it suited their narrative, not because I'm a sadist who wanted a sick fantasy.

If you find this personally offensive that you can't possible would romance Arcann with your characters.... this is perfectly fine. Nobody is forcing you to romance all your characters with him.

Edited by revkashepard

I too am a Senya fan -and want a romance option - hey if they can do same sex romances why be prejudicial on older younger get together's. As far as the story goes with her that makes it even more interesting in that is she really interested in who I am and not well ........... you know.

Besides as a Jedi I maybe 100 years old as far as she is concerned the force is the star wars equivalent to rejuvenation cream.

All characters would be roughly around 18-early 20's at the start of the game. :p By the time they meet Senya they'd be around 30, but physically younger, due to 5 years in carbonite.

Storyline wise at any rate, this doesn't include people personal mind RPs.

Comparing an Arcann romance to an abusive relationship irl doesn't sit well with me. In game, we are the Outlander, with all the power that comes with it. Those of us who play dark side act in extremely anti-social ways, to put it lightly. It makes a certain kind of sense to be attracted to someone as powerful and as antisocial as yourself.

In most rl abusive relationships, the woman stays or goes back because she has no power. No economic power and no physical power to stop the abuser from hurting her or her children. The stats on a woman being murdered because she left her abuser are depressingly high - this fear keeps many women going back.

This isn't anything like the Arcann story. Actually, this is more like the male force user stories, both jedi and sith. They come on to their (worryingly) young students and pursue relationships with them. What is a padawan going to do, tell her galaxy famous, heroic jedi master that his attention makes her uncomfortable? Tell the council that their chosen Knight of the Republic is being a creep to little ole' her? No, she'll decide her master's attention is flattering and roll with it. There's reason you're not supposed to date your subordinates. And that isn't even bringing up the sith stories of torturing both Ashara and Jaesa to the point where they literally go insane and THEN you sleep with them lol. holy hell. Arcann is tame by that measure.

All that being said, Arcann is going to die by my lightsaber.

Edited by Ralei