Please let me romance Arcann.

Gabrandt

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You made my eyes roll so hard, like you wouldn't believe! Let's compare swtor or online game and character personas to real life some more.:rak_03:

People who play sith are complete maniacs in real life, they must be extremely violent towards people.

People who play shooters would love to shoot the fark out of everything, I bet all those school shooters were counter strike players.

You're on point man.

I realize that not all people who play Sith or Dark Jedi are homicidal maniacs that kill thousands every day. I play them and I only kill on Tuesdays... ;)

But what people do need to consider is that there are triggers for people who have known abuse and they can come in different forms. I know when I write certain things in a story, I post for triggers, especially if there is non-consensual material included. For some people, the notion that anyone might want to romance someone like Arcann is upsetting. It means they have empathy and are concerned...or it means they've survived something like that and hate for others to have to experience the same thing. It's like watching someone like Rhianna going back to her abuser time and again.

Arcann doesn't strike a romantic chord with everyone, it actually seems only a handful are attracted to him...

I do hope they give us some male force users to romance because I believe the player deserves better than someone like him. I know you like him, but try to understand that some people are survivors, myself included (my father was this way) and it's a bit troubling to think there are women who would fantasize about being with a man like this...if this is your fantasy, what is your reality, that the fantasy is an improvement?

Can someone please explain the whole "male force user" thing? What difference does it make if your LI is a force user or not?

Just curious. I've played three male toons, romanced two force users (Kira, Ashara) and one non (Elara). The force thing didn't make much of a difference to me, TBH. Elara's my favorite of the three.

It could be many things.

A lot of people imagine everything being more "intense" with someone who also is connected to you through the force. And that doesn't have to be just physical.

I think force users have more interesting stories, because their actions directly effect the living force. So, whatever personality a force user has, whether they're light dark gray, has more meaning. I find most of the female li's extremely bland, especially the military men. And now that I think about it, they pretty much are all military men.. jeez writers -_-

Also, I think women see all these men dating their padawans and apprentices as total eyeroll stereotypes, but also might want to know what that feels like to be the one with all the power for a change. ;)

I realize that not all people who play Sith or Dark Jedi are homicidal maniacs that kill thousands every day. I play them and I only kill on Tuesdays... ;)

But what people do need to consider is that there are triggers for people who have known abuse and they can come in different forms. I know when I write certain things in a story, I post for triggers, especially if there is non-consensual material included. For some people, the notion that anyone might want to romance someone like Arcann is upsetting. It means they have empathy and are concerned...or it means they've survived something like that and hate for others to have to experience the same thing. It's like watching someone like Rhianna going back to her abuser time and again.

Arcann doesn't strike a romantic chord with everyone, it actually seems only a handful are attracted to him...

I do hope they give us some male force users to romance because I believe the player deserves better than someone like him. I know you like him, but try to understand that some people are survivors, myself included (my father was this way) and it's a bit troubling to think there are women who would fantasize about being with a man like this...if this is your fantasy, what is your reality, that the fantasy is an improvement?

I understand that people may have triggers, but I think we all know swtor is not going go there, Arcann abusing you, really? ;/ Should Quinn never have become a companion because he betrayed you and had a fight with you?

Should you never have been able to torture Jaesa, should Kaliyo not have been romanceable because she cheats on you and tries to manipulate you?

Should pure blood with not have the whip emotion because it goes into physical abuse?

Should you not be able to torture people because in real life that's wrong?

The list really goes on.

It's not fair to compare fantasy wih real life, they are not the same.

I enjoy shows like GoT, walking dead, Vikings and go on, should they not exist because there are certain themes within them that may or may not apply to men and especially women?

How far do you want to take this. If its sensitive to people, they should go play a game like WoW.

Edit; sorry for any horrible typos, am on my phone and cooking:D

Edited by Eshvara

It could be many things.

A lot of people imagine everything being more "intense" with someone who also is connected to you through the force. And that doesn't have to be just physical.

I think force users have more interesting stories, because their actions directly effect the living force. So, whatever personality a force user has, whether they're light dark gray, has more meaning. I find most of the female li's extremely bland, especially the military men. And now that I think about it, they pretty much are all military men.. jeez writers -_-

Also, I think women see all these men dating their padawans and apprentices as total eyeroll stereotypes, but also might want to know what that feels like to be the one with all the power for a change. ;)

I would like a male force user, simply because I'd like my characters to be with their equals, or betters (the Empire's term, not my personal view). It would be a change of pace, and as it stands, there aren't any male force users we can romance. Some like to have all the power in the relationship and some like to be with the powerful. Seeing as we know what it's like to be all powerful and paired with someone who is a non-force user, it would be interesting to see how it would play out the other way around. It would make an interesting story, and there is also the element of 'the forbidden' which makes it all the more exciting.

I understand that people may have triggers, but I think we all know swtor is not going go there, Arcann abusing you, really? ;/ Should Quinn never have become a companion because he betrayed you and had a fight with you?

Should you never have been able to torture Jaesa, should Kaliyo not have been romanceable because she cheats on you and tries to manipulate you?

Should pure blood with not have the whip emotion because it goes into physical abuse?

Should you not be able to torture people because in real life that's wrong?

The list really goes on.

It's not fair to compare fantasy wih real life, they are not the same.

I enjoy shows like GoT, walking dead, Vikings and go on, should they not exist because there are certain themes within them that may or may not apply to men and especially women?

How far do you want to take this. If its sensitive to people, they should go play a game like WoW.

Edit; sorry for any horrible typos, am on my phone and cooking:D

No worries about the typos. If I can read it, I'm fine. :)

Yes, people do watch violent shows, I watch GoT and quite like the stories. But that's me...when I go to fan sites or social media, some people get really upset by what they're being exposed to. You should have seen the sh*tstorm that came up when it looked like Cersei was involved in non-consensual s.ex with Jaime after Joffrey bought it. I didn't take it that way, the actors didn't either, but there were a great many people upset by it.

I just think we deserve someone better than Arcann. I don't want him, I don't want to settle for him, so in that respect, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm an empathic person, and I guess I get concerned for people that might see being with Arcann as something to fantasize about. To each their own I suppose, but I don't support the campaign to romance Arcann, for many reasons (including lips, I like lips.) :)

Edited by Lunafox

errgh... thankfully I don't roll male toons just for the romance so I'm quite happy to be ignorant of the whole sexually harassing younger subordinate thingy.

But I like how Arcann was already flirting with my toon in KOTFE. I record my playthroughs and watch some of the scenes again I think Arcann get more aroused when she goaded him. "You.. don't touch me!" aww... afraid of cooties are we, my prince. Of course, Arcann isn't everyone's cup of tea and I don't think we're looking for another cutesy romance but probably a more practical reason. Its easier to restore the deposed Emperor and assume the throne as a consort. Kinda like.. anti-Alistair? *gasp*

Unless they're resurrecting Thexan, I don't really fancy Bioware creating a new force-using male character just for romance especially when there's already existing characters for romance and there will be more backlash against this.

Edited by revkashepard

No worries about the typos. If I can read it, I'm fine. :)

Yes, people do watch violent shows, I watch GoT and quite like the stories. But that's me...when I go to fan sites or social media, some people get really upset by what they're being exposed to. You should have seen the sh*tstorm that came up when it looked like Cersei was involved in non-consensual s.ex with Jaime after Joffrey bought it. I didn't take it that way, the actors didn't either, but there were a great many people upset by it.

I just think we deserve someone better than Arcann. I don't want him, I don't want to settle for him, so in that respect, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm an empathic person, and I guess I get concerned for people that might see being with Arcann as something to fantasize about. To each their own I suppose, but I don't support the campaign to romance Arcann, for many reasons (including lips, I like lips.) :)

Yeah, the rage around game of thrones has been quite something over the years, especially with Sansa and Ramsay.

That aside Arcann is the only box in Swtor I found interesting, I can accept that people don't like him, looks and personality wise and that's fine. Just for me personally the barrier between real life and fantasy should stay where it is. We can't take everyone's triggers into account and make this a game for 6+ This is the game related to the movie where Anakin force choked his wife. Star wars has always been dark in its themes.

I really do want Arcann as a male force companion as an option, but like I said again there shouldn't be just one, while males have 6 or 7!

But we can agree to disagree:D

errgh... thankfully I don't roll male toons just for the romance so I'm quite happy to be ignorant of the whole sexually harassing younger subordinate thingy.

But I like how Arcann was already flirting with my toon in KOTFE. I record my playthroughs and watch some of the scenes again I think Arcann get more aroused when she goaded him. "You.. don't touch me!" aww... afraid of cooties are we, my prince. Of course, Arcann isn't everyone's cup of tea and I don't think we're looking for another cutesy romance but probably a more practical reason. Its easier to restore the deposed Emperor and assume the throne as a consort. Kinda like.. anti-Alistair? *gasp*

I record all my play throughs as well, and I saw no flirtation with Arcann. I guess everyone sees something different. I saw more flirtation from Vaylin honestly. I have to admit, the 'cooties' thought occurred to me as well, when he got all petulant.

I'm not looking for a cutesy romance...I would prefer something epic, smoldering, and intense, and I think that could be well achieved by having Lord Scourge be romanceable (and Vowrawn and Ravage, and heck Ghost Marr!). So, I hope they give us more than one option for a male romanceable force user. I've been fighting this fight for a long time, but if Arcann is my reward for my efforts, I'm going to be a very sad panda.

Edited by Lunafox

Why not take the throne..and make him the consort or watever ? what is the word I'm looking for..maid in waiting ? LOL

We can't take everyone's triggers into account and make this a game for 6+ This is the game related to the movie where Anakin force choked his wife. Star wars has always been dark in its themes.

with that in mind , any idea then WHY BW suck at finishing what they started ?

I mean , you can kill peoples right ? you can choke someone with the force right ? You can go 'Muahahahaa I'm destroying this thing cose I can' right ? you can zap...shoot..and be a D-bag , right ? and I mean..if you go DS that is .

So why in the world , they wouldn't let us see blood . Let me decapitate Baras ! Impale Jadus ! And cut the arm of Malgus !

Apparently , racism and stuff like that are fine . But hey..no blood ! no Gore ! cose that's bad bad bad !

Romance - no :)

Stick a bomb in it's mouth and send the whole family on a shuttle trip before it goes off - that's my idea of the fun way to deal with this char :D

That's a waste of munition . Just open the airlock and see how long he last in Orbit . He is no frieza ! :D

I record all my play throughs as well, and I saw no flirtation with Arcann. I guess everyone sees something different. I saw more flirtation from Vaylin honestly. I have to admit, the 'cooties' thought occurred to me as well, when he got all petulant.

I'm not looking for a cutesy romance...I would prefer something epic, smoldering, and intense, and I think that could be well achieved by having Lord Scourge be romanceable (and Vowrawn and Ravage, and heck Ghost Marr!). So, I hope they give us more than one option for a male romanceable force user. I've been fighting this fight for a long time, but if Arcann is my reward for my efforts, I'm going to be a very sad panda.

I gotta ask tho, do you even know what's under that Marr mask? yikes.

with that in mind , any idea then WHY BW suck at finishing what they started ?

I mean , you can kill peoples right ? you can choke someone with the force right ? You can go 'Muahahahaa I'm destroying this thing cose I can' right ? you can zap...shoot..and be a D-bag , right ? and I mean..if you go DS that is .

So why in the world , they wouldn't let us see blood . Let me decapitate Baras ! Impale Jadus ! And cut the arm of Malgus !

Apparently , racism and stuff like that are fine . But hey..no blood ! no Gore ! cose that's bad bad bad !

Yeahh, I wouldn't mind a darker swtor and I love me some gore! But I guess the rating would go up and less people would probably play it.

But then again dragon age is 18+ iirc, and goes quite far language, violence and sexually. Maybe it's just different for MMO'S ? /Shrug.

Yeahh, I wouldn't mind a darker swtor and I love me some gore! But I guess the rating would go up and less people would probably play it.

But then again dragon age is 18+ iirc, and goes quite far language, violence and sexually. Maybe it's just different for MMO'S ? /Shrug.

No, the rating is T for teen. To have explicit gore/sex/etc. they have to be at least M

It suck...

I never liked DA serie way of showing blood . But there were moments I was Happy .

But in this game , it does feel like you are ripped off . Heck , some of the final Boss could do stuff and you just stand there like an idiot .

Scourge is the first Lord Wrath and he had done worse things for centuries. The immortality Vitiate gave him already remove his capacity to love and likely sexual desire too. I doubt even Jedi Knight could change that in him.

I'm more alert to changes in voice tone. For instance, the most obvious scene was in Chapter 1 when he paused to talk at the walkway about how impressive you are. Arcann sometimes deepened his voice when he talks and he's always amused whenever there's a show of defiance. There's a few second stare contest before Heskal came into frame.

I don't really care that people want to romance Arcann. If that's something BioWare wants to add to the game, great.

What I question is the rationale for someone who went from being an over-privileged brat that slaughtered millions becoming a potential romance option for the player character. Sorry, that's a massive leap in logic that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm also not really in support of Vaylin being a romance option either as she is even worse off than her brother.

I'm fully in support of there being more force sensitive male romance options. I just think that Arcann is a particularly poor choice.

Why not take the throne..and make him the consort or watever ? what is the word I'm looking for..maid in waiting ? LOL

Peh... this is not a democracy. The throne is Arcann's birthright and you'll be another usurper if you try to take it without at least some connection to their bloodline... even if Valkorion endorse you (or he'll probably control your body like a sicko he is). Also, if we want to create an imperial dynasty, we have to make more babies.

Peh... this is not a democracy. The throne is Arcann's birthright and you'll be another usurper if you try to take it without at least some connection to their bloodline... even if Valkorion endorse you (or he'll probably control your body like a sicko he is). Also, if we want to create an imperial dynasty, we have to make more babies.

screw babies. we see how that turned out for Valkorion. I'll try to live forever and handpick my replacement, like a true despot.

*Facepalm* LOL

Birthright ? I'm so taking the chair and kick him out ! Don't need Daddy endorsement . Chapter 16 fiasco owe me one !