Rank 50 Lana Healing Companion Worthless Against Named Champion Mobs in Star Fortress

Nothing_Shines

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even pre nerf if you played stupid you could die solo in those there is little change other than companion doing bulk of work

Haven't log on to test yet, but I sure hope the people crying about the nerfs now aren't the same as the ones crying about godmode earlier.

Cause there would be freaking hilarious. :rolleyes:

I was one of those people and I freaking love how they are after the change with exception of tank stance ive tested all 3

Edited by Jcargan

even pre nerf if you played stupid you could die solo in those there is little change other than companion doing bulk of work

I was one of those people and I freaking love how they are after the change with exception of tank stance ive tested all 3

Well I think you got the right idea, it seems clear the devs don't want the companions to be just healbots.

All this really shows for me is that things honestly are not tested and we have a specific group of people at bioware not doing their job I simply don't see how something like this on such a huge scale could pass and make it to live with w/e fake internal test they do.

^^^ This. Exactly. How on earth could they have missed the mark by so much? It's amateurish, but sadly not unexpected from the way this game has been managed so far.

THE PEOPLE MAKING IT THOUGH ARE IN M0STLY 220+ GEAR MEANING THEY ARE OVER GEARED FOR THE FNING PLACE!!!!

So far I've only hear of one person making it through in gear that was lower the 216. If it's meant to be done solo by people looking for the gear that drops in them yet they need better gear then the heroics offer just to get through it how is that fair to them?

PVP gear 204 made it with companion at level 19. It's pretty challenging and fun to play now, was boring and stupidly easy before.;)

Merc DPS full 220 gear

4928 Presence

Influence Rank 50

All 4 Alliance buffs active

Lana's post nerf HPs (down 30k points): ~81k

Lana's average heal tick: ~1300

Lana's crit heal burst: 4462 (highest value reached)

Fight timeline:

I aggro champion with electro net heat seeker and then blazing bolts.

Moment I switch to two flanking trash mobs targeting Lana to aggro/clear them, Champion immediately leaps to Lana and hits her twice for a total about 45% of her hp. Incoming heals to me stop for rest of fight as Lana turtles.

I kill trash and switch back to champion after three more GCDs.

Champion health has dropped by 1/4. Lana is near death approx 10% health.

Lana attempts to heal herself back to max. I receive ZERO heals rest of fight.

I pop all cool downs, knockback and stun just attempting to stay alive. My dps craters as I attempt to self heal until Lana can help again.

In approx 45 seconds from fight start, I am dead and Lana had only reached 50% hp again focus healing just herself.

After two further attempts, now using cc on champ to kill two trash first, then Heroic Moment from main fight start, was barely able to kill the champion on third try. Lana was dead, of course.

I'd like to take this moment to thank BW for the much needed nerf from orbit. I was enjoying myself way too much pre-patch running things like the Star Fortress solo. In fact, I was wasting entirely too much time running them. Now I have all the time in the world to log off and boot up Fallout 4.

I don't know a nice way to say this. Geared in 220s with an influence 50 companion these champions should be no trouble at all if you are playing your class anywhere near it's potential. Really really.

I'd like to take this moment to thank BW for the much needed nerf from orbit. I was enjoying myself way too much pre-patch running things like the Star Fortress solo. In fact, I was wasting entirely too much time running them. Now I have all the time in the world to log off and boot up Fallout 4.

QFT and bonus points for delicious sarcasm. I'd make this quote into my signature here if it wasn't too long. Sums up my thoughts about the issue perfectly.

THE PEOPLE MAKING IT THOUGH ARE IN M0STLY 220+ GEAR MEANING THEY ARE OVER GEARED FOR THE FNING PLACE!!!!

So far I've only hear of one person making it through in gear that was lower the 216. If it's meant to be done solo by people looking for the gear that drops in them yet they need better gear then the heroics offer just to get through it how is that fair to them?

No one said it would be fair. Just that it could be done.

I checked.

I would disagree that comps are weaker than 3.0, but would agree that their performance is likely lower (slightly so) than before 4.0 if they were well geared because of level sync.

Actually, I did take a moment to look at my HK-51 stats after 4.0.2 patch, he does indeed have less damage than when he was wearing the Yavin Weekly gear / weapons. It's only about 400-500 less primary damage, but the point is, it is less. He was around the 2550-2600 mark pre 4.0.2, now 2175-2184.

To put that in perspective, in the Yavin gear he was around the 2250-2300 mark. In the CZ-198 gear he was around 2050, and in crafted armouring / mods / augmented (RotHC timeline) he was also around the 2000 mark.

So currently the companions are about level 55-60, in a game where we're currently 65. That's quite a big squish to the companions.

This was done after 4.0.2.

I'm a dd, my companion is a healer.

Companion Influence Rank: 1

Gear: Mix 192/208/220/224, 4 piece setboni

Heroic abilities: 2/8

I died three times since I don't know the flashpoint well and tried to run from some guys I appearantly shouldn't had. On top of that I thought ctrl+2 is my hotkey for temporary ability number two turns out it is the hotkey to set my companion on passive.

Actually, I did take a moment to look at my HK-51 stats after 4.0.2 patch, he does indeed have less damage than when he was wearing the Yavin Weekly gear / weapons. It's only about 400-500 less primary damage, but the point is, it is less. He was around the 2550-2600 mark pre 4.0.2, now 2175-2184.

To put that in perspective, in the Yavin gear he was around the 2250-2300 mark. In the CZ-198 gear he was around 2050, and in crafted armouring / mods / augmented (RotHC timeline) he was also around the 2000 mark.

So currently the companions are about level 55-60, in a game where we're currently 65. That's quite a big squish to the companions.

The squish is worse for healer comps, geared companions haven't had ehps as low as 1.2k since level 50 was the cap but that is pretty close to the high mark I've seen so far, mostly they are around 1k ehps. That is just atrocious really when you compare that a player easily puts out multiples of that even in crap gear.

I've not logged into the game since the patch so will have a better understanding tonight.

However I do have the ability to read.

I'm a healing sage, my gear is augmented 216/220. I do hard mode ops with guildies 1 night a week (can't make the other ops nights). I did solo a h2 star fortress in 192/208 gear just to prove to myself I could do it in the first week the expansion came out, had no real interest to do it again. I have every datacron and companion story completed so my presence is high.

Apart from when in ops, if I log into the game i either level an alt or do a few things on main. Maybe a couple of h2's or a flashpoint. I don't enjoy grinding. Doing the h2's bored me, never done more than about 5 in a day, this is nothing to do with the difficulty, just that they are almost all the same, kill x mobs, kill the boss. Those that took too long I have not repeated, spending 10 mins on a quest, then spend 10 mins on an almost identical quest, this bores me. If I find this companion change to be as big a nerf as people have suggested, then I am unlikely to bother doing any h2's.

Sometimes I do a flashpoint, I have always hatted pugging (yes i am a bit elitist) but since 4.0 I've pugged a few tacticals. I had always thought that some of the horror stories in the flashpoint forum were a bit exaggerated, now I know them to be true. A typical tactical consists of 2 people who know what they are doing, and 2 who have zero idea and who view coordination to be a strange concept. Normally one of the mouth breathing window lickers will quit after a while and I would just pull out Lana, stick her on tank mode and we could then complete the flashpoint without any more issues. If this option is now worthless then I'll stop pugging.

I have completed every story in the game, I have 14 chars level 50 or higher, when I make a new character I am not looking for a difficulty challenge, i'm doing it to do the story again taking different options. When doing the planets for the nth time I just want to be watching the cut scenes with as little time in between them as possible. Anything that makes this progress slower will just frustrate me.

So i'll be seeing tonight how much the change affects me.

Not everybody has Influence 50 healers. Well I guess BW should remove the solo achievement for Heroic SFs.

Well, I have a level 65 dps char with 216 gear, level 23 influence Healer comp.

I can barely get through the Heroic 2+ missions (I'm not talking about star fortress) which give me the stuff I need for the allience grind. I have to wait for ages between fights to get my defensive cooldowns all off the CD between them.

Before KOTFE, my char had 192 gear and Old Quinn healed better. I didn't even have to forcefeed him gifts. So its not me being a bad player, since I never had trouble during Shadow of Revan.

I'm not subbing again. I just bought the 60 days for levelling alts, but ... I can't do that now. I don't have the money to do what BW and elitist scum wants, to spluge money into cartel coins, than sell those for credits which I can buy gifts with so I can raise a healer to influence 50 just so I can do content again.

Well, they say you get what you pay for . KOTFE is free, and now I am worse off than I was in Shadow of Revan.

Hey BW, just take KOTFE away from me. Put my char at level 60, 192 gear, give me my Old companions back as they were before KOTFE, and I'll be performing better than I do at 5 levels higher. LOL

i agree that companions were overpowered, but i think the nerf was too extreme. i feel like Blizzard is running things around here. I openly admit I am not looking for any challenge in heroic 2s from the weekly grind terminal. the faster and easier the better imo.

Im not prepared to stop playing over this issue, but i am disappointed. i wonder how the heroic 2s play for people leveling? can they still solo them? i sure hope so.

I did a mission log full of random heroics last night and was able to complete them all with just one death. However that was with a rank 50 healing companion and there were some dicey situations. I was using my merc in mostly 208 gear full 208 augs. However the nerf was WAY more than 50%, the heals were in the hundreds instead of 10's of thousands even on Makeb. I tried a heroic SF and failed miserably.

They WAY overdid this nerf.

I think the healing code for the companions is broken. When the comps health is at 75 to 100%, they heal fine. Drop below that and they only heal themselves, very poorly I may add, and continue to not heal the player until agro is dropped.

If you are running a toon without a taunt, the Star Fortress Heroics are hard as hell now.

I'm certainly my healer before 4.0 in full Yavin Gear was certainly better than my best influence companion now (rating 26).

OK i keep hearing heroics 2s cant be solo'd my companion no longer makes me a god. Umm did you miss the HEROIC 2 part? It's supposed to be hard to near impossible to solo. It's supposed to be a group effort. Even fungus knows that sometimes you have to band together to survive and It's advertised as HEROIC 2 (as in need two players to accomplish) not heroic Meh its hard but doable with one. I have read on these forums where people have said "I wanna play the way I want to and I'm not going to improve myself just because it's supposed to be hard". In other words they have said "gimme gimme gimme I don't wanna earn nothing". I wonder how many of them that are subscribers actually use their own money? I read "It takes forever to get a group for the heroics." If people would stop trying to solo Heroics it would be easier to get a group, so maybe with the nurf more groups will start forming? Just saying. And FYI I just solo'd Alderaan's Heroic SF on my sentinel (208 crystal vendor gear) Watchman spec with Lana at 14. Sure the Exarch was tough but I did it. Adrenals and stimpaks help.

OK i keep hearing heroics 2s cant be solo'd my companion no longer makes me a god. Umm did you miss the HEROIC 2 part? It's supposed to be hard to near impossible to solo. It's supposed to be a group effort. Even fungus knows that sometimes you have to band together to survive and It's advertised as HEROIC 2 (as in need two players to accomplish) not heroic Meh its hard but doable with one. I have read on these forums where people have said "I wanna play the way I want to and I'm not going to improve myself just because it's supposed to be hard". In other words they have said "gimme gimme gimme I don't wanna earn nothing". I wonder how many of them that are subscribers actually use their own money? I read "It takes forever to get a group for the heroics." If people would stop trying to solo Heroics it would be easier to get a group, so maybe with the nurf more groups will start forming? Just saying. And FYI I just solo'd Alderaan's Heroic SF on my sentinel (208 crystal vendor gear) Watchman spec with Lana at 14. Sure the Exarch was tough but I did it. Adrenals and stimpaks help.

Prove it. I really have a hard time believing it considering according to your post we are geared about the same and my healing comp was influence level 50 and I could not even come close to completing it. Granted I'm not going to spend hours trying. Also Eric clearly stated heroic 2's are meant to be completed with your companion as the 2nd. Tired of seeing this misinformation that they are not meant to be solo'd.