Rank 50 Lana Healing Companion Worthless Against Named Champion Mobs in Star Fortress

Nothing_Shines

Merc DPS full 220 gear

4928 Presence

Influence Rank 50

All 4 Alliance buffs active

Lana's post nerf HPs (down 30k points): ~81k

Lana's average heal tick: ~1300

Lana's crit heal burst: 4462 (highest value reached)

Fight timeline:

I aggro champion with electro net heat seeker and then blazing bolts.

Moment I switch to two flanking trash mobs targeting Lana to aggro/clear them, Champion immediately leaps to Lana and hits her twice for a total about 45% of her hp. Incoming heals to me stop for rest of fight as Lana turtles.

I kill trash and switch back to champion after three more GCDs.

Champion health has dropped by 1/4. Lana is near death approx 10% health.

Lana attempts to heal herself back to max. I receive ZERO heals rest of fight.

I pop all cool downs, knockback and stun just attempting to stay alive. My dps craters as I attempt to self heal until Lana can help again.

In approx 45 seconds from fight start, I am dead and Lana had only reached 50% hp again focus healing just herself.

After two further attempts, now using cc on champ to kill two trash first, then Heroic Moment from main fight start, was barely able to kill the champion on third try. Lana was dead, of course.

I'd like to take this moment to thank BW for the much needed nerf from orbit. I was enjoying myself way too much pre-patch running things like the Star Fortress solo. In fact, I was wasting entirely too much time running them. Now I have all the time in the world to log off and boot up Fallout 4.

Well great you figured out to cc the champ and clear the trash first

now you just gotta learn to add in stuns, snares, interupts, and all the other abilities you not useing

If you try to go toe to toe with champions in the SF,

You very well might lose

Its not a DPS race

Tactics will carry you through the other areas you so struggling with still

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expertise and interrupts. Not that hard to kill a comp at all if you actually wore PVP gear.

I was running around yavin the other day on a level 60 juggernaut. I have a set of unaugmented exhumed (last tiers 168 set) so I was at 2018 expertise, my hp was just around 38k. And I was attacking, and killing, any of the pubs (regardless of level) who were brave enough to be running around flagged (TEH server, so pve silliness).

Then this 65 guardian came along. He was obviously in PvP gear (which a number of the other 65s Id run into had been) but he had a Scorpio with him that had 90k hp. For reference, player HP on Yavin 4 gets capped slightly above 56k. I could not kill his companion. I could barely make a dent in it. Any damage I did was just immediately healed to full. Had companions been as they are now, that guardian would have taken a number of dirt naps that day. He was terrible. But, because he spent a bunch of comms on companion gifts, he was completely immortal.

I was running around yavin the other day on a level 60 juggernaut. I have a set of unaugmented exhumed (last tiers 168 set) so I was at 2018 expertise, my hp was just around 38k. And I was attacking, and killing, any of the pubs (regardless of level) who were brave enough to be running around flagged (TEH server, so pve silliness).

Then this 65 guardian came along. He was obviously in PvP gear (which a number of the other 65s Id run into had been) but he had a Scorpio with him that had 90k hp. For reference, player HP on Yavin 4 gets capped slightly above 56k. I could not kill his companion. I could barely make a dent in it. Any damage I did was just immediately healed to full. Had companions been as they are now, that guardian would have taken a number of dirt naps that day. He was terrible. But, because he spent a bunch of comms on companion gifts, he was completely immortal.

Interrupts and stuns make them unable to heal themselves. Use interrupt first because stun will white bar them and the player. On Yavin, they have even lower expertise than 8-900, their expertise depended solely on level, not influence.

Also need to keep in mind, not all SF are created equal. Their difficulty scales with the planet they are orbiting...

And OP didn't mention which Star Fortress they were doing the test against. Whether you are correct or not, I threw out a data point refuting OP's claim.

Funny thing not every one plays the same class or has the same gear..

OMG, really?! :eek:

OP mentioned being a Mercenary; means, like the Guardian, they'd have heavy armor. They stated the gear rating was 220s--making it better than what I stated I had. His Lana was Influence 50. Mine (Veeroa) was 10. Guardians have good DCDs, but Merc's have self-heals; the arguement could be made that it balances out.

Appreciate pointing out the obvious, but for the sake of refuting the OP's claim by offering comparable data points, I don't see how it was relevant.

Interrupts and stuns make them unable to heal themselves. Use interrupt first because stun will white bar them and the player. On Yavin, they have even lower expertise than 8-900, their expertise depended solely on level, not influence.

Congratulations Captain Obvious. Really, I shouldnt even dignify this with a response.

Congratulations Captain Obvious. Really, I shouldnt even dignify this with a response.

You were the one that had a problem burning through 90k of hp, with yourself and your companion going full nuke on another companion, who has vastly less expertise than you would if you wore pvp gear.

If you and your also OP companion cannot burn through 90k of hp at level 62 within a stun and an interrupt, then the PEBCAK. It's not like their companion was VASTLY overpowered compared to YOUR companion.

You were the one that had a problem burning through 90k of hp, with yourself and your companion going full nuke on another companion, who has vastly less expertise than you would if you wore pvp gear.

If you and your also OP companion cannot burn through 90k of hp at level 62 within a stun and an interrupt, then the PEBCAK. It's not like their companion was VASTLY overpowered compared to YOUR companion.

Hey, look, its a person who decides what they want to say in response and says it before they even find out what was said to begin with. And, who has zero game knowledge or common sense to prevent them going full Joe Biden.

But really, tell us more.

*Grabs the bucket of popcorn*

So yeah heals are nerfed,,, Star Fortress's "almost" impossible to solo but still doable,, *grabs a handful of popcorn* So yeah,, Give it till next week or so they will bring the heals up a bit,,, Till then I will wait to do the SF..:rolleyes:*Puts down the bucket of popcorn and walks away*....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.