Companion nerf, slot machine all over again....

Eanelinea

Actually, I'm most offended by your tone, and your "Holier Than Thou" attitude over a computer game.

I never said I thought the game was too hard. What I DO think is that there are too many people (like YOU) that seem to think that a computer game - something played for FUN the last time I checked - is supposed to be some sort of mind-bending challenge. It's a GAME. The "reward" is having FUN.

But no, some elitist twit like you comes along and says it's too easy - for YOU - so screw everyone else, you want it harder, and be damned to anyone that just wants to log in for some mindless fun.

So thanks for showing us all how obtuse you are when it comes to recognizing how ignorant you look with your elitist drivel.

Oh, and if I offended you...

Good. That was my plan.

I am hoisting a pint for you...couldn't agree more.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Companions are nothing more than vanity pets, now. They were far better when I was able to gear them.

Hardest heroic Ive done was one of the ones on voss, level 15 xalek, I'm a sorc. Definitely took a lot more damage but it was doable. Honestly, I could have done the same without the companion, since he wasn't contributing much. H2's were the equivalent of dailies for me, so I didn't mind being able to faceroll through them. Now I do mind. Its just way too time consuming for old content. I am decently geared so I feel bad for those attempting these who aren't.

It was an unnecessary nerf. I cant be bothered to do heroics anymore. They just are tedious, when with the op companions they were entertaining.

And the challenging content in the game you cant use companions anyway, so once again, nerf wasn't needed.

I tried out the Voss 2+ heroics on my level 60 Marauder and found it frustratingly difficult. To the point where I couldn't beat the Rock Eater final boss, regardless of healing companion (highest influence was 11) and Heroic Moment.

Nearly submitted a ticket, but then decided to try out a couple of other classes first. My level 65 Sniper with Lana as a healing companion (influence 19) rolled through Rock Eaters without any problems. So I tried Lokin instead (influence 12) and didn't see much of a difference. We completed another heroic just fine.

Switched over to my lvl 65 Sorcerer and tried out the CZ-198 and Black Hole weekly heroics. Tank companions took noticeably more damage during champions and 5+ elite group fights than before the patch, but nothing I couldn't shield/heal through. My influence 20 companion did seem tougher than my influence 11 one however.

So... mixed results. :) I've always found melee classes more difficult to play than ranged, so maybe I'm just not rocking the Marauder hard enough. Are the melee experts out there rolling through the 2+ heroics without significant difficulty?

Yeah we seemed to have called it dead on.

I'm testing how this will affect a new character without a legacy and the presence buffs tomorrow. I'm not expecting pleasant results.

I die, a lot. Of course I also just found out I was trying to do something that was a H4 dropped to a H2 (and apparnently now soloable) although how much of that is the lack of legacy/influence and how much is me slowly learning the game and mechanics of a Jedi Guardian - Defense role i can't say. So there's definately a huge swing in difficulty from open world - H2 - H2 previously H4 in difficulty as well. I don't think several of the H4's were properly rebalanced when they made them H2's its just that was hidden by the companions even at lower levels being able to heal well. For the record I wasn't unkillable before several times my companion died and I came close (possibly those missions were previous H4's as well), now we both just die.:(

That just remimded me of an argument during the level sync BS where people were complain that they wouldn't be able to face roll low level planets anymore then when 4.0 came out people started complaing the comps were OP.

It would seem it's completely OK for them to face roll **** but GOD FORBID your COMPANION being able to do the same. :eek:

No the one's who were complaining about not being able to faceroll things left, now the ones who's companions can't faceroll things will also leave.:p

See this is what all of you are not getting. An MMO is made with the sole idea that you the player will team up with other players in order to do content. That's what made a game like SWG Pre-CU great, you want to do things? You work with others! You want to ignore other people? Then you don't get to do that content.

And guess what? It's fun, you get to meet new people from all walks of life who may show you things you didn't know before. You'll make friends and get to do things that know what? Maybe it takes you a few tries and you'll lose money or a lot of items due to decay or items staying on your body when you die. But when you get past it? You get a great feeling.

If you guys want a single player RPG? Go play Bloodborne. Best RPG of the year and light years ahead of Failout. This is an MMO and you should be teaming with others.

it's people like you that makes the rest of us not want to play mmo mode with your all high and mighty sneering at everyone.. Kotor 1 & 2 was not an mmo, all this game is, is the contuning of Kotor 1 and 2..

it's people like you that makes the rest of us not want to play mmo mode with your all high and mighty sneering at everyone.. Kotor 1 & 2 was not an mmo, all this game is, is the contuning of Kotor 1 and 2..

Not in the way some of you would like to pretend.

Discover A Fully Featured MMO

Join your friends in fast-paced combat encounters including player-vs.-player Warzones, multi-player Flashpoints and Operations, and much more.

http://www.swtor.com/info/overview

Hate to break it to ya, but SWTOR is not KOTOR 3. BioWare opted not to do a KOTOR 3.

Thanks Bioware for ruining our game experience! You were so excited abouy the companions in 4.0 and now you undid your own work by rendering them useless.

After 3 years of great fun and amazing memories on SWTOR I am considering to quit the game thanks to this. Amazing job Bioware...

I tried out the Voss 2+ heroics on my level 60 Marauder and found it frustratingly difficult. To the point where I couldn't beat the Rock Eater final boss, regardless of healing companion (highest influence was 11) and Heroic Moment.

Nearly submitted a ticket, but then decided to try out a couple of other classes first. My level 65 Sniper with Lana as a healing companion (influence 19) rolled through Rock Eaters without any problems. So I tried Lokin instead (influence 12) and didn't see much of a difference. We completed another heroic just fine.

Switched over to my lvl 65 Sorcerer and tried out the CZ-198 and Black Hole weekly heroics. Tank companions took noticeably more damage during champions and 5+ elite group fights than before the patch, but nothing I couldn't shield/heal through. My influence 20 companion did seem tougher than my influence 11 one however.

So... mixed results. :) I've always found melee classes more difficult to play than ranged, so maybe I'm just not rocking the Marauder hard enough. Are the melee experts out there rolling through the 2+ heroics without significant difficulty?

I'm taking massive **** on all of it as AP PT in a 216/220 gear. I'm using level 40 Lana, but I'm raising influence on HK atm, should get him on 50 soon enough. I plan to roll as a Shieldtech, also 216/220 gear, I doubt I'll have any issues with any heroic in the game.

I have 2 datacrons unlocked, and have only one alt, so no presence buffs, but I hate leveling in this game, as well as datacrons, they are major pain in the ***, and huge timesink I don't have time for. One day, maybe.

Edited by Feanar

I don't think several of the H4's were properly rebalanced when they made them H2's its just that was hidden by the companions even at lower levels being able to heal well.

I think this is true, I think some of the the mob densities are too high (like they were still H4's) you would get a mob of 6+ NPC's usually at least 2 gold and 4 silver and they would hit me for 25% damage right at the start of the fight, it was only because my companions caught up after a few seconds and managed to heal me back to health that I was able to finish defeating these mobs.

Oh wait companions been useful it actually draws people to sub and play our game let's nerf them guys we can't have people enjoying our game. Only way u will get them to listen is by cutting the cash flow unsub and don't buy CC. Hopefully they revert till then I ain't resubbing. Was fun while it lasted at least

I am currently doing the Coruscant Heroic 2's, last week Elara's heals (scaled to lvl 18 on Coruscant) were averaging around 700hp per tick ... today they tick around 25hp ...

Elara is Influence level 31 (she was obviously less than that last week) - I am level 58 level sync'd to 18.

HUGE difference in the healing output ... I foresee some of the lower level H2's might become an issue. However I will continue to test them before I go all doom and gloom - but Elara's massively reduced Healing output has concerned me

Storymode servers. Take my money and let me pew pew pew in peace and enjoy my minions causing chaos and not wiping me for it.

Actually, *thats* not a terrible idea. They did something similar for Age of Conan.

Set up a server that has cosmetic companions, tougher bosses etc etc and let the people who want the challenge transfer there. Call it the 'SWTOR GALACTIC RAGE-1337-EXTREME' Server or something.

Then the rest of us...sorry everyone (ahem)...can get on with the business of pootling about and enjoying ourselves. I might even dip a toe in grouping again then.

I would be fine with this.

Edited by Jazulfi

Oh wait companions been useful it actually draws people to sub and play our game let's nerf them guys we can't have people enjoying our game. Only way u will get them to listen is by cutting the cash flow unsub and don't buy CC. Hopefully they revert till then I ain't resubbing. Was fun while it lasted at least

Within the past couple of weeks they had a maintenance to Increase Server Capacity because since 4.0 their servers were swelling - there was nearly always 150+ people on each planet (compared to the single digit numbers prior to 4.0) - their subscriber numbers were on the rise.

We'll see if their numbers start dropping - I believe they will.

What most people do not realise is that we, here on the forums, (of any mmo) make up a tiny 10% - 20% of the playerbase - the remaining 80% - 90% are quietly playing and enjoying the game oblivious to the machinations happening on the forums.

THEY are the people logging in today and suddenly finding their once enjoyable adventure through Star Wars universe just got 100% harder ...

Lets try to explain my point of view, and sorry cause english is not my native language. Im casual player (playing from 3 to 5 hours a day) cause I dont play usually HM Ops, neither NiM, and don't play at all PvP. And I've been playing this game for 3 years now. Buying a lot of CC and paying 12€ each month.

This game is divided, as I see, in 3 big group of players. Operations, PvP, and solo content players. Im casual player, and like to do mostly solo content. Why is so, so, so bad to have a nice companion to do solo content alone? Im going to cause any problem to PvP players? NO. Im gonna take any benefit soloing the H2 FP (with + or not, dont mind) against other players when I go to Operations? NO. I'm disturbing anyone? NO. This point is clear Bw?

Why, if I have gone thousand times to Alderaan, to Tatooine, to Makeb, I have to go again with the Sync Level activated and with no help after thousands of hours played? Why if I have spend millions of credits and hundred hours to get the affection of my comps at 100% at 3.0, I have to start again and with no rewards for the time expended? No deal Bw.

So now I have to spam the chat looking for someone that dont know if its gonna be geared and knows how works his char, cause you dont like me to go alone, paying for it. No deal Bw.

For those who said there is no challenging content, try to go with a PuG to Dread Palace HM. Very funny looking how ppl dont interrupt or kill tentacles, and leaving after half an hour, and spending 50k on repairs... Oh no, sorry, cant spend that money now cause I dont have that money, cause I cannot go alone to make dailys, cause sync level or cause companion nerf.

Ofc, its my opinion... and it's my money Bw. Thanks for reading and I wait to receive only polite answers. Sorry for loosing my faith in this game.

It's k, all of us "ultra mega 1337" players lost faith in the game about 7 or so months ago when BW said there would be no new content in 4.0. Nice to know care bears are all on the same page with us now.

I would like you to tag myself as slow way of life player. Less blood pressure, less heart attacks, less stress.... sure you dont know what Im talking about, feel sorry for you.

Within the past couple of weeks they had a maintenance to Increase Server Capacity because since 4.0 their servers were swelling - there was nearly always 150+ people on each planet (compared to the single digit numbers prior to 4.0) - their subscriber numbers were on the rise.

We'll see if their numbers start dropping - I believe they will.

What most people do not realise is that we, here on the forums, (of any mmo) make up a tiny 10% - 20% of the playerbase - the remaining 80% - 90% are quietly playing and enjoying the game oblivious to the machinations happening on the forums.

THEY are the people logging in today and suddenly finding their once enjoyable adventure through Star Wars universe just got 100% harder ...

True. many don't come to the forums due the vitriol that always permeates every mmo forum ever made. others just won't. The vast majority quietly play and when it's not fun they just leave. We shall see how many leave. My subscription has several months left to go. It does not auto-renew either.