Companion nerf, slot machine all over again....

Eanelinea

I just checked Pierce rank 50 on my Sith Warrior, I'm level 65...

WITH all 4 buffs, his hitpoints as a tank is 96,384 and as a 84,129 for heals and damage.

I wasn't expecting them to be almost 200k as before, but.........that's a BIG downgrade.

*sigh* Something tells me, I would have had better luck with upgrading their gear with comms stuff and augments like I was back before 4.0.

SMH :mad:

Edit: I'm not the only one to think this, thanks. http://http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=854045

Edited by Eanelinea

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked Pierce rank 50 on my Sith Warrior, I'm level 65...

WITH all 4 buffs, his hitpoints as a tank is 96,384 and as a 84,129 for heals and damage.

I wasn't expecting them to be almost 200k as before, but.........that's a BIG downgrade.

*sigh* Something tells me, I would have had better luck with upgrading their gear with comms stuff and augments like I was back before 4.0.

SMH :mad:

You're actually surprised they swung the nerf bat that hard? The minute they announced it I just resigned myself to the fact that my comps are going to be mostly just ornamental now.

You're actually surprised they swung the nerf bat that hard? The minute they announced it I just resigned myself to the fact that my comps are going to be mostly just ornamental now.

I wasn't expecting Pierce to be uber uber leet, but he's rank 50, bioware said they'd be like they were before near/at rank 50.

Can I gear my companions again so *I* can choose how uber, sucky they are?

*facedesk*

Healing got reduced by ~75% like dataminers predicted. :mad:

I wont bother using a healing companion then. Unless the dps they do (in healer mode) got buffed, the only option is to use a dps spec companion, unless the dps output is wrecked as well?

Edited by Tarkashae

I wont bother using a healing companion then. Unless the dps they do (in healer mode) got buffed, the only option is to use a dps spec companion, unless the dps output is wrecked as well?

Oh they wrecked that too. GOOD LUCK doing star fortress h2s solo now. And getting that achievement if you didn't before the patch.

Using an DPS or tanking companion isn't an option, because they didn't even mind fixing the zero armor and defense bug....

Soloing HM Star Fortresses will be a pain in the butt now.

I haven't soloed the heroic flashpoints. I do them with at least one other person.

I'm hoping I can still to the weekly heroic quests on my own, though.

You dang near die every pull in heroic 2s has not been that way since launch are companions are healing like the do at level 10 and you 65. Hell 1.0 comp healing was better then this.

I swear the next person who complains something's OP on the forums, I'm going to reach through my computer screen and use the force to force choke them. :mad:

Yes pls do that .

ugh I'm just glad that I'm already did One for All and all Star Fortresses whit my main.

I'm curious about how much HP a companion heals now after this nerf. Since my patcher is stuck at 93.6% I can't check. Could anyone who was able to get into the game check a few numbers? Like how much HP a companion was healing before the nerf and how much it is healing now?

Why do you need to reach through your screen if you're using the Force?

The joy of pretending my hand is around their throat squeezing the life out of them and cackling.

Go on everyone, try soloing any heroic now with the nerf. Let's let the Devs know they done screwed the pooch on this one.

I'm curious about how much HP a companion heals now after this nerf. Since my patcher is stuck at 93.6% I can't check. Could anyone who was able to get into the game check a few numbers? Like how much HP a companion was healing before the nerf and how much it is healing now?

I'm in Nar Shadaa atm with 7.5k HP and my Lana is healing me for 300-500 a cd at companion level 13.

Good.

"there are a lot of situations in regular combat where it is practically impossible for you to be killed if you have a healing Companion"

READ IT. NO, READ IT.

This is supposed to be a GAME, not a serious of cutscenes with a walking simulator filling in the gaps.

Anyone with sense can see it was painfully obvious the companions were way, way OP.

You people need to understand there is actually a reason why we have all those skills at the bottom of the screen? They aren't just for display you know. Frankly it sounds like all you people who - for reasons I cannot fathom - thought the state of companions was fine, should be much happier simply watching a video of the story, rather than ruining the GAME by insisting on your indefensible views.

Fine, you don't enjoy actually playing the game, because evidently you don't want to actually think, use abilties.. you know, play the game. Just don't try and ruin it for the rest of us with your complaints.

Casuals? Then find a friend to play the game with, it's super easy then. IT IS AN MMORPG.

The joy of pretending my hand is around their throat squeezing the life out of them and cackling.

Go on everyone, try soloing any heroic now with the nerf. Let's let the Devs know they done screwed the pooch on this one.

lol, the Devs don't care, they get a paycheck, thats all they worry about.

Good.

"there are a lot of situations in regular combat where it is practically impossible for you to be killed if you have a healing Companion"

READ IT. NO, READ IT.

This is supposed to be a GAME, not a serious of cutscenes with a walking simulator filling in the gaps.

Anyone with sense can see it was painfully obvious the companions were way, way OP.

You people need to understand there is actually a reason why we have all those skills at the bottom of the screen? They aren't just for display you know. Frankly it sounds like all you people who - for reasons I cannot fathom - thought the state of companions was fine, should be much happier simply watching a video of the story, rather than ruining the GAME by insisting on your indefensible views.

Fine, you don't enjoy actually playing the game, because evidently you don't want to actually think, use abilties.. you know, play the game. Just don't try and ruin it for the rest of us with your complaints.

Casuals? Then find a friend to play the game with, it's super easy then. IT IS AN MMORPG.

No, you're wrong. See, there is a BIG difference between tweaking the companions to make them a little less uber and completely turning them into worthless pieces of crap.

At least when I was able to actually GEAR my companions, **I** decided on if they'd be uber facerolling killing machines or not. Making them worse than pre-1.3 companions when we are 65 is a little TOO much.