the unacceptable performance after 4.0 and the still existing bugs are too much...

Wolvereen

sorry EA/BW, but i'm not willing to pay 13 euro per month for this poor gaming experience!

your ping says 30-40ms ping, my monitoring tool says a constant 60fps with vsync but the game laggs like hell!!

- if i donate a companion gift, it takes a few seconds before donation starts

- if go to the alliance base elevator, it takes 5-7 seconds before the elevator console appear

- i have a lag everywhere, talking to NPCs, changing gear, putting stuff into my cargo hold...

and the vrbtler-boss in tactical czerka-FP gave me the rest: he resettet 5(!) times during the fight and then the group split up!

i'm sick playing under such circumstances, your ninja-nerfs to many classes made me even more unsatisfied^^

this isn't no longer the star wars: the old republic that i loved so much years ago... it's just a laggy stun wars with many bugs an a poor game engine which isn't capable of handling the load - period

so long...

Edited by Wolvereen

Turn off anti aliasing.

lol...

a core i7 3770k, 16GB, a GTX980ti and a SSD isn't capable of handling swtor with AA?

maybe i should lower my resolution to 320x200 with AA disabled...

yea, i got your point: poor gaming performance is always the players fault - NEVER the developers^^

lol...

a core i7 3770k, 16GB, a GTX980ti and a SSD isn't capable of handling swtor with AA?

yea, i got your point: poor gaming performance is always the players fault - NEVER the developers^^

I play on three screens at very high resolution, on a i7-4790k with a EVGA SC+ 980ti and the game is butter smooth. Just finished up a WZ about 30 min ago, 60fps the whole time.

Could be your ISP, could be heat or configuration issues, could be the hampsters haven't been fed... all I can report is that the game is smoother than it has been for awhile, for me at least.

Turn off anti aliasing.

Read the post...

OP. I believe it's packet loss. I've been at 50 fps, 35ms latency, and had my game stand still for 4 seconds. Latency never changed. It's been happening since before the expansion. Nothing you can do really.

I play on three screens at very high resolution, on a i7-4790k with a EVGA SC+ 980ti and the game is butter smooth. Just finished up a WZ about 30 min ago, 60fps the whole time.

Could be your ISP, could be heat or configuration issues, could be the hampsters haven't been fed... all I can report is that the game is smoother than it has been for awhile, for me at least.

Again...it's not frame loss. smh...

Edited by Hockaday

sorry EA/BW, but i'm not willing to pay 13 euro per month for this poor gaming experience!

your ping says 30-40ms ping, my monitoring tool says a constant 60fps with vsync but the game laggs like hell!!

- if i donate a companion gift, it takes a few seconds before donation starts

- if go to the alliance base elevator, it takes 5-7 seconds before the elevator console appear

- i have a lag everywhere, talking to NPCs, changing gear, putting stuff into my cargo hold...

and the vrbtler-boss in tactical czerka-FP gave me the rest: he resettet 5(!) times during the fight and then the group split up!

i'm sick playing under such circumstances, your ninja-nerfs to many classes made me even more unsatisfied^^

this isn't no longer the star wars: the old republic that i loved so much years ago... it's just a laggy stun wars with many bugs an a poor game engine which isn't capable of handling the load - period

so long...

turn off vsync

set ingame AA to medium

disable shadows

set grass and trees to 50%

turn off bloom

set shaders to Low

enjoy 80-100+ FPS without the stuttering and hitching you're currently experiencing.

settings i use on my GT 755m SLI laptop

those are 128 bit memory bus speed GPU's and I'm cranking out some nice Frame Rates and on an i7 4700mq CPU

know how to configure game and graphic card settings

It isn't hitching, it isn't frame rate, it isn't the players system.

With all settings as low as possible, you still run into lag where the game freezes or where actions take seconds to complete (such as putting inventory into a hold or waiting for an elevator button).

I've seen this on Voss and Odessa most often, though I've seen it in various FP's and Ops at a lesser extent. It's a server side issue, not client side.

A lot of people came back to the game, and server load is causing this ability lag. Being on Odessen makes it worse. They have already deployed some improvements, and I suspect they will continue to work on it.

If you feel that it's not good enough then by all means unsub, but understand that either way crying about it in the forums won't get it fixed any faster.

A lot of people came back to the game, and server load is causing this ability lag. Being on Odessen makes it worse. They have already deployed some improvements, and I suspect they will continue to work on it.

If you feel that it's not good enough then by all means unsub, but understand that either way crying about it in the forums won't get it fixed any faster.

Or perhaps people can use the forums to voice their displeasure and hope that it leads to some improvements. You know, the real reason a forum exists?

lol...

Did I say it wasn't capable of it? No I said turn it off. I recently had similar issues with AA, turned it off, no issues.

Eventually downgraded my drivers and found a version that ran the aliasing at full with no performance impact, hitching, stuttering at all but it was a lot of trial and error.

The other thing that can smash performance is the shadow resolutions but FPS drops when you do that.

And yes, usually when you have a rig capable of getting good performance and other people with similar or better hardware aren't getting issues then the issue will be on the end users side.

Be it drivers or poor PC knowledge .... often a solution can be found beyond posting *wah wah* threads.

Did I say it wasn't capable of it? No I said turn it off. I recently had similar issues with AA, turned it off, no issues.

Eventually downgraded my drivers and found a version that ran the aliasing at full with no performance impact, hitching, stuttering at all but it was a lot of trial and error.

The other thing that can smash performance is the shadow resolutions but FPS drops when you do that.

And yes, usually when you have a rig capable of getting good performance and other people with similar or better hardware aren't getting issues then the issue will be on the end users side.

Be it drivers or poor PC knowledge .... often a solution can be found beyond posting *wah wah* threads.

did you even read, bro?

it is NOT an FPS or ISP issue^^ - it is an issue between the client an server itself!

maybe it's ok for you, because you may play on a low populatet pvp-server, but here on T3-M4 it's terrible... :eek:

Odessen and Star Fortress is a pain, funny thing both show different issues.

Odessen has mini freezes in the outer plattform area, like CPU or GPU load goes up to 99% but monitoring it shows only a load of 30%

Star Fortress behaves like constant high ping with constant delays in skill activation.

Everywhere else the game runs perfectly fine.

lol...

I find it funny that so many people who complain about things like the OP are running processors like an i7. I do not have these problems and I run a nearly four year old AMD FX-8150 eight core processor. This makes me wonder if the I series is worth the money.:rak_02:

Just my view.

Yes, there is a boatload of silly bugs with this update. Everywhere I turn something isn't working right. And in some spots the lag is pretty bad, not to mention rendering problems that STILL exist after all this time.

However, I have to say that some of the changes have won me over...I'm actually considering subbing, which was the farthest thing from my mind when I joined back up....and I am having enough fun to give them a pass on most of the bugs.

Again, that is just me. I do think they need to buckle down a bit and get some of these bugs taken care of as soon as possible.

I find it funny that so many people who complain about things like the OP are running processors like an i7. I do not have these problems and I run a nearly four year old AMD FX-8150 eight core processor. This makes me wonder if the I series is worth the money.:rak_02:

as an AMD owner, your perception has adjusted to the AMD's performance^^

...that's why 3-5 second-lags looks normal for you ;)

I run an i5-4690k and it runs smooth as silk. I actually think the game runs better on an i5 quad core than it does on an i7 quad core since the game doesnt utilize hyperthreading. I've built many computers, with both AMD and Intel processors, and in my experience Intel wins hands down. Pitting an AMD against an Intel is like racing a go-kart against an Indy car.

Not sure why the OP has major issues , vsynch maybe inducing stutter if this is what they are seeing, but doesn't explain the response lag.

Just finished playing through all the new chapters and fps was mostly 80 - 100 ish mostly , lowest I saw from memory was 60fps

Anyways my current rig is i7 3930k with a GTX 970 @ 2560 x 1440 on Ultra (windows 10) , smooth gameplay on Harbinger from Australia