Please remove level sync

Sewerus

I do not know, who's bright idea was to create to level sync, but please remove it.

The whole point of leveling is to make your character more and more powerful.

Now there is not point in getting better gear, since you can only have two levels above max level of the planet.

I was doing black hole, illum, belsavis solo and i like it, they cannot lost it relevant status years ago so what is the point of being challenging/semi challenging.

I hated it in guild wars 2 and i hate this here.

I want to feel that my character is powerful and you taken it from me.

In warcraft i can solo entire raids with ease.

Here i cannot even solo few champions that are 20 levels lower then me.

I do not see the point of leveling, getting new gear, advancing my character since it won't make a difference.

All changes in patch 4.0 looks awesome but this really puts me off.

I wanted to subscribe but this really puts me off. It is a game breaker for me.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character becomes more powerful through secondary and tertiary stats.

Character becomes more powerful through new abilities; passive and active.

Character becomes more powerful through stronger allies.

Complaint here is overstated.

Please do not revert level-sync based on this.

Please route 50 million credits to my main's account.

Thanks in advance.

Please do not remove level sync.

Thanks in advance.

^ This

What issues has Level Sync caused you?

The only thing that you can no longer easily solo is World Bosses, lol.

^ This

Character becomes more powerful through secondary and tertiary stats.

Character becomes more powerful through new abilities; passive and active.

Character becomes more powerful through stronger allies.

Complaint here is overstated.

Please do not revert level-sync based on this.

Please route 50 million credits to my main's account.

Thanks in advance.

^ And this.

/thread :D

Honestly I never felt like gaining a new level/gear made you more powerful doing the story quests. The next planet you went to would be scaled to be level appropriate so the bad guys would be just as difficult. The only thing that changed was that now they were a higher level than the bad guys on the planet you just left. Unless you went back to kill trash mobs on a lower level planet there was never a case that you wouldn't be fighting bad guys scaled to your level. Personally I prefer it the way it is now with level sync. Revisiting some of the earlier planets just for kicks trash mobs seem to drop just as fast as they used to, the only thing that seems to have changed is that the low level trash mobs can now hurt a high level character unlike before where their damage wasn't able to visibly make a dent in your health bar. Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

What issues has Level Sync caused you?

The only thing that you can no longer easily solo is World Bosses, lol.

only problem is that it sync you on a level already too high for the planet. For exemple, alderaan is a 28-32 planet, and you are sync at 34. Suppose you have outlevel the planet, which is easy to do given the boost of XP you get from questing, you start alderaan at 34 and completely faceroll the planet.

But then again, you would faceroll the planet with OP compagnon anyway. So i guess it's double faceroll. That does seem to be latest bioware line of design, make the game very easy, highly accessible.

Future will tell if it was a smart decision, forum scanning tells me that you either hate it or love it. there doesn't seems to have middle ground there.

I believe making a game too easy to grab quick cash from ultra casual player is not sustainable. These casual player will want content, story content very likely, and bioware cannot produce story content at the rate is will be consumed. that's why i think it is not sustainable, a lot of player will either move on to other game, or stay as F2P. Because the story content is free in SWTOR.

only problem is that it sync you on a level already too high for the planet. For exemple, alderaan is a 28-32 planet, and you are sync at 34. Suppose you have outlevel the planet, which is easy to do given the boost of XP you get from questing, you start alderaan at 34 and completely faceroll the planet.

But then again, you would faceroll the planet with OP compagnon anyway. So i guess it's double faceroll. That does seem to be latest bioware line of design, make the game very easy, highly accessible.

Future will tell if it was a smart decision, forum scanning tells me that you either hate it or love it. there doesn't seems to have middle ground there.

I believe making a game too easy to grab quick cash from ultra casual player is not sustainable. These casual player will want content, story content very likely, and bioware cannot produce story content at the rate is will be consumed. that's why i think it is not sustainable, a lot of player will either move on to other game, or stay as F2P. Because the story content is free in SWTOR.

At no point in this game's history did I not faceroll Alderaan... And all e other planets too.

Now, is just less tedious do so so. It was never difficult and certainly wasn't ever my idea of challenging.

I don't like the level sync.. simply cause I used to have a set time and routine for doing my solo dailies run after work and before bed. now I have to pick a certain set of areas instead as its just ballsed and takes much much longer, and changing how Makeb weeklies and dailies run and screwed me up completely

i was one of the first to support this feature here on this forum and that opinion hasnt changed since my turn at early access. you actually get rewards for doing all this stuff you didnt have before, it make all content relevant and youre no longer limited to doing the latest stuff to make the numbers any more, the entire game is open for usage now. i can travel to korriban again and do the heroics there and the other low level missions i skipped along the way and still get rewarded for it.

admittedly i would rather have the enemies to provide more of a challenge but overall i like it alot. all those people who were convinced the level cap was the doom of the game have since been silenced. i think its just the thing swtor needs.

I don't like the level sync.. simply cause I used to have a set time and routine for doing my solo dailies run after work and before bed. now I have to pick a certain set of areas instead as its just ballsed and takes much much longer, and changing how Makeb weeklies and dailies run and screwed me up completely

You are the only one that seems to feel this way. With how strong companions are, and how much faster combat feels. People say they are getting things done much faster.

At no point in this game's history did I not faceroll Alderaan... And all e other planets too.

Now, is just less tedious do so so. It was never difficult and certainly wasn't ever my idea of challenging.

you miss understand. I never say this game was hard. ever. this is not dark souls by any strech. But still, while not hard, you still had to "play" the game. If you pull an elite mob for instance, you will kill it, not problem, but you will get in a few cycle of your rotation. And if you pulled 2 elite and can't CC them, you might be in trouble, but nothing an heroic moment can't solve.

No the game was never hard. But geez right now, it has come to the point it doesn't matter if i play the game or not. i just pull a pack or several pack for that matter and i don't need another shot, the companion will finish then (tested and true).

The game doesn't have to be super hard, but at least, make it so that the player input actually matter on the outcome of the battle.

anyway, i don't want to argue too much, the game is no longer meant for me as a player. Bioware has shifted their targetted audience, and i am no longer in it. It sadden me because i liked the game, but i will find other game that better suit me.

Best of fun with the new SWTOR to all that enjoy it. and i mean it.

Level sync deludes developers into recycling old content (kotfe) rather than creating new content.

A gamer who wants new stuff over old and recycled content should be in opposition to level sync.

This is a false dilemma. Many players constantly request that old content be kept current, level sync does that, and now that it is done the request is fulfilled for all time and there is nothing left but to make new content that will also fit into the level sync paradigm going forward.

A gamer who would ask that level synch be removed will do more to hinder the creation of new content then anyone supporting the new paradigm will. In other words, a player who really supports new content will want level sync to remain in place.

I guess I am part of a minority.

I don't think you are, just that the real minority is very noisy on this one. I don't know anyone who dislikes it, and I don't see people crying about it in game.

Also, I think reasonable people don't like to toss in arguments against people who are making such irrational claims, because we know it's like fighting against a brick wall.

Edited by MaximusRex

i was one of the first to support this feature here on this forum and that opinion hasnt changed since my turn at early access. you actually get rewards for doing all this stuff you didnt have before, it make all content relevant and youre no longer limited to doing the latest stuff to make the numbers any more, the entire game is open for usage now. i can travel to korriban again and do the heroics there and the other low level missions i skipped along the way and still get rewarded for it.

admittedly i would rather have the enemies to provide more of a challenge but overall i like it alot. all those people who were convinced the level cap was the doom of the game have since been silenced. i think its just the thing swtor needs.

I hate this in daggerfall, oblivion, guild wars 2 and now sw tor.

I do not give flying **** about challenge, i have been playing mmo's for over 10 years, i do not need this.

I had a fix routine for doing my dailies, every day. Now fuc** this. I had something to do while waiting for my auctions to sell.

Only thing this does, is forcing me to group for heroic quest. I hate being forced to do something especially if i am paying for something.

I have been in a phase of loving challenge, pve, pve duels etc, you name it. The only thing i wanted was to do my dailies, but no i cannot even do that.

Too bad they have to make such stupid decisions to prevent me from enjoying the game.

I guess I am part of a minority. I like the perks of level sync, but also wouldnt mind if it was made optional or removed.

I do think the aggro range DEFINITELY needs to be adjusted. Bit silly to be aggroed constantly on Tython with a max level character.

your choice to run into the group, the same as it is to avoid it. thats where the quoted opinion loses its value after that point. you have a choice.

All these threads and I still see NO legitimate downside to level-sync. It's always, "why can't I be a god anymore?" or "now my farming routine won't work anymore!" .

The benefits are numerous however, you can never out-level content now, you can group with lowbies without trivializing their content and XP gain and it opens up the possibility for the devs do use older planets for newer missions (already being utilized with the alliance system).

Please, I challenge someone to give me a real downside that outweighs those benefits.

Edited by pegasussgc

I do not give flying **** about challenge, i have been playing mmo's for over 10 years, i do not need this.

I had a fix routine for doing my dailies, every day. Now fuc** this. I had something to do while waiting for my auctions to sell.

Only thing this does, is forcing me to group for heroic quest. I hate being forced to do something especially if i am paying for something.

I have been in a phase of loving challenge, pve, pve duels etc, you name it. The only thing i wanted was to do my dailies, but no i cannot even do that.

Too bad they have to make such stupid decisions to prevent me from enjoying the game.

several points here;

1. this is an entitlement claim. but thats not my problem.

2. you dont need to group up to defeat the heroics at this point, the whole thing is easy enough to do without help, if your companion has got enough ranks of influence, a strong healer and yourself as a dps or tank can clear these without much issue at all. even those heroics at max level are easily doable alone.

3. you have a choice, the only one convincing themselves that the choice is false is yourself but, you are wrong, you can do it or you can avoid it. thats your choice and if you feel that isnt enough then it links directly with point 1. again not my problem after that point.

You sound like a troll and people took a bait. A human being cannot be so ignorant or can it? Hmm. I will assume for now that you are not a troll.

You play MMO for over 10 years? I doubt it because you sound like a 10 year old mad at his toy because you don't understand how it works. How about you read instructions or play it yourself before you voice any ignorant opinion that has nothing to do with reality?

The point of leveling is to access new stories. You also become more powerful and this is not taken from you. You keep most of your stats as they are. Only mastery, endurance and armor stats are scaled down. Critical and Power are unchanged. You are still OP to those low level mobs and now with OP companions that are better than players, the game became far more easy than it used to before 4.0.

There is no challenge in the solo content, so I don't know where you see yourself being forced to challenge. Perhaps you play something else but it's definitely not SWTOR that you talk about.

And no, heroics don't require a group. They are easily solo'ed with any companion. Of course you don't know that either because you don't play the game. Just making up things out of mind. You should write some fairytells. You are good at it.

Edited by PavSalco