What Happend to 20/40 PVP Gear?

wdgamer

I just asked this question in general chat lol.

There are some pretty good looking armor sets there.

Aye. I especially liked the LVL 20 trooper chest and greaves from Coruscant. A pretty fine uniform (including the best trooper greaves, IMHO).

It would be really sad if they are gone for good. :(

The 20 / 40 PVP vendors were located in the same room as your class trainer on the capital world or either faction. However, I haven't been there to see if they still exist after 4.0 was released.

But my take on this gear ...

Good luck getting a full set especially the level 20 set.

Under the current changes, I'm not even sure it is possible to get close to a full set by the time you reach that level. Doing every quest on Korriban and (two warzones) I left Korriban at level 17. By the time I left Drommund Kaas (class quest only, a couple of more warzones, and two flashpoints) I was level 33.

And that was without any legacy or external XP boost going.

And this was done all within a few hours. And I doubt I even have enough warzone comms for two pieces of gear. I would literally have to stop all questing and focus on just PVP only to have enough to pickup a full set at 40.

My point is I would not be a bit surprised if these vendors and items went the way of the Dodo. You just level to fast to making acquiring this gear a viable option. Plus, with the massive amount of modified gear in game, the non-modified blue prototype PVP options aren't likely to be sought after except for appearances only.

The 20 / 40 PVP vendors were located in the same room as your class trainer on the capital world or either faction. However, I haven't been there to see if they still exist after 4.0 was released.

But my take on this gear ...

Good luck getting a full set especially the level 20 set.

Under the current changes, I'm not even sure it is possible to get close to a full set by the time you reach that level. Doing every quest on Korriban and (two warzones) I left Korriban at level 17. By the time I left Drommund Kaas (class quest only, a couple of more warzones, and two flashpoints) I was level 33.

And that was without any legacy or external XP boost going.

And this was done all within a few hours. And I doubt I even have enough warzone comms for two pieces of gear. I would literally have to stop all questing and focus on just PVP only to have enough to pickup a full set at 40.

My point is I would not be a bit surprised if these vendors and items went the way of the Dodo. You just level to fast to making acquiring this gear a viable option. Plus, with the massive amount of modified gear in game, the non-modified blue prototype PVP options aren't likely to be sought after except for appearances only.

They are moddable orange gear, so level is no concern, they are just cool cosmetically.

• 1 month later...
you ask a simple question and all you get is sarcasm and round abouts, but i havent been able to locate the pvp gear vendor or the embargoed goods vendor.....REALLY? Those vendors were staples of my SWTOR diet my bread and butter and now ......... gone, nothing, zilch adios amigo

It's especially frustrating because yeah you can go to the level 7 gear vendor in the PvE section and get a full set of oranges and upgrade the mods along the way, buuuuuut there are no ears and implants you can get as you level.

Your best "bet" is the convert your warzone comms to whatever the green basic crystals are called and buy mods from the level appropriate vendor if you're strictly a pvper.

I'm glad I snagged the Bounty Hunter armor from the vendor before 4.0 disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked all over for the lvl 20 and 40 pvp gear and only because I want it for my companions as gear so they look cool. Mind you I am still using the lvl 40 pvp gear on my toon. Why would they get rid of it was some of the best looking armor in the game and the most assessable. I just liked the look of it.

Also the planetary commendation venders, there are so many sets of armor out there where you have to go to a planetary coms vender to get the head or legs and now they are all gone.

Someone tell me where you get the TH-16A Tech Helmet from now ? to finish off the set.

Why would they remove this stuff if was great gear and not in anyones way who cares if it doesn't have good states for me now it is about the look and the uniformity of my companions.

The level 40 trooper armor was the best looking armor ever.

Where is it now?

I completely agree. I used to be able to pvp and buy a full set for a companion it took a day or less. Now I have to search the galactic market for days and spend thousands of credits to get a set of mismatched green gear. What were they thinking when they removed the vendors, and really who cared so much that they had to be removed !

It's especially frustrating because yeah you can go to the level 7 gear vendor in the PvE section and get a full set of oranges and upgrade the mods along the way, buuuuuut there are no ears and implants you can get as you level.

Do the planetary heroics. They drop gear boxes that very often will give you earpieces, implants and relics.

Yes, that Bioware just decided to remove it is something I will never understand. Maybe they were just too lazy to get it upgraded to 4.0 ?

So is it confirmed? No 20/40 pvp gear? Only level 65?

I think yes. I've *never* seen PvP gear since 4.0. EVERYTHING is removed now.

They seemingly believed that relying on Bolster is enough reason to entirely remove unique-looking gear.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

If the vendors are gone from the capital planets then yes, even though it was never actually pvp gear to begin with. Just orange gear with ok pve stats.

This gear was never important because of their PvE stats anyway. The point is its look, not the stats.

Normal PvP players shouldn't bother with the 20 / 40 gear anyway, because to them, only the stats are important.

For other types of players, the look is equally important,

plus, this was the ONLY source of mid-level ear pieces & implants to get - especially because of Bolster ! You PvP players always point out to the importance of *all* slots being filled because of Bolster - and then PvP players say that they don't care about this mid-level gear no more being available ? That's schizophrenic.

This gear was never important because of their PvE stats anyway. The point is its look, not the stats.

Normal PvP players shouldn't bother with the 20 / 40 gear anyway, because to them, only the stats are important.

For other types of players, the look is equally important,

plus, this was the ONLY source of mid-level ear pieces & implants to get - especially because of Bolster ! You PvP players always point out to the importance of *all* slots being filled because of Bolster - and then PvP players say that they don't care about this mid-level gear no more being available ? That's schizophrenic.

Its not the only source of mid level ear and implants.....There's dozens of dirt cheap ones on the GTN that bolster fine.

They are gone, but there are plenty of greens on the GTN that look exactly like the pvp comm gear

I sighed at this, but with the ability to make "costumes," I guess it really doesn't matter that the source is unmoddable greens. that is a good suggestion/reminder though. thanks.

I am right where you are. All I want is the level 40 PvP gear for Bounty Hunters and after taking the past hour looking for it, I have come to the conclusion that they no longer exist. I have no clue why they felt the need to remove them. It's like they don't care if we like the styles or not. Sigh... I just came back to the game yesterday and since being back, I have ran in to nothing but frustration with all these silly changes they made to the game. :( I have a feeling this month will be my only month. I'm an old has been with this game, played Beta and all through its first two years...played hard core. Now, I can't even find a reason to stay after coming back. :(

I am right where you are. All I want is the level 40 PvP gear for Bounty Hunters and after taking the past hour looking for it, I have come to the conclusion that they no longer exist. I have no clue why they felt the need to remove them. It's like they don't care if we like the styles or not. Sigh... I just came back to the game yesterday and since being back, I have ran in to nothing but frustration with all these silly changes they made to the game. :( I have a feeling this month will be my only month. I'm an old has been with this game, played Beta and all through its first two years...played hard core. Now, I can't even find a reason to stay after coming back. :(

Yo dude just go on the gtn, look through the heavy armor section and you will find gear that looks exactly like the stuff youre looking for and use costume designer