Census agrees this is a trainwreck and doomed!

Denerio

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The word that should be used in the title is Consensus. Census is a procedure of acquiring information about members of a population. Sry, i couldn't let it go. And, no, the game is not a train wreck nor is it doomed. Edited by Xhelis

2.0: THE GAME IS DYING

3.0: THE GAME IS DYING

4.0: THE GAME IS DYING

Well, technically, everything and everyone is dying. My wife actually used that internet meme with my daughter once...

Daughter = "What's the point of making my bed if I'm just going to lie in it later?"

Wife = "What's the point of feeding you if you're just going to die later?"

Daughter = "I'll go make my bed..."

Nobody knows right now one way or another. The expansion is not even fully deployed. In a couple o0f months, when those who don't renew have their subs run out, you can hazard a guess. But BW will never tell you. You'll be reading tea leaves then just like you do now.

People gave it 6 months to a year, 6 months to a year ago. It's still here.

The scattergun theory of doomsday prophecy: Eventually, one of the predictions will be right and people should ignore all the failed predictions of the past. Though I suspect the looming apocalypse will be more noticeable. Or maybe the humidity.

2.0.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.0.0b: THE GAME IS DYING

2.0.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0b: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.0: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.2: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.2a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.3: THE GAME IS DYING

[...]

3.3.0: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.1: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.2: THE GAME IS DYING

Exactly

It has gotten a little old now O.O

So who doesn't believe me now that there will be a mass exodus within a couple months.

Oh NO!

Another SWTOR is doomed thread....

I for one like the changes.

For all the people that are leaving... Well the best of luck in you next endever. WoW might be just what you are looking for.

Call this BioWare's way of Cleaning House. By getting rid of all the dead weight, complainers and moaners.

There are more people logged on since the early launch of 4.0 then I have seen in the game for the last 3 years.

Yep SWTOR is dieing... NOT!!!

2.0.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.0.0b: THE GAME IS DYING

2.0.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.0b: THE GAME IS DYING

2.1.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.0: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.1: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.2: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.2a: THE GAME IS DYING

2.2.3: THE GAME IS DYING

[...]

3.3.0: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.0a: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.1: THE GAME IS DYING

3.3.2: THE GAME IS DYING

:D Love it...

This its so true. With every update or expansion SWTOR is dieing thread all in one post....

Couple months new movie comes out. And I see lots playing now...so I see more then. Doom and Gloom, is all this is.

Then these same people will be complaining that the servers are too full, and too laggy because of all the people online.

Ya' Just can't win for loosing...:rolleyes:

probably both, the old time subs will most likely drop off one by one as the final nails of disappointment are hammered home...the casual crowd tho i expect will rise by a nice amount, once again another way casual stance to an mmo has slapped the old time players, but oh well, cant change a successful way money is made

Oh, stop it already with that "casual" crap. It's not question of casual or not, it's a question of free time damn it. With this new expansion, I can finally play around one hour a day and have actually some content done without worrying of doing farming and stuff I don't like (like exploration mission asking me to kill mobs to get some stupid drop which won't show me anything about the story or the background etc). If I want to play solo, I can. I want to play in group? Fine, I can too. I want to raise the difficulty? I just don't call my partner. I want to focus on story for a while and get back on my beloved space fight missions later without worrying about being overleveled? I can too. I want to explore planets ad nauseam looking for codex entries etc? I can too and now I progress on level with that too.

They tried to find a solution that catters to everybody and I think they did quite well. People think it's OP? Create your own handicap. Quite simple.

Back in the glorious days of Super Nes that's what I was doing when a game got too easy for me. Just be creative about it.

You can still spend 5 hours a day playing. The difference is I can now have my relaxing time on Swtor and enjoy the storyline without having to think "wait, another hour , I need to do these exploration missions before seeing what happens next to my inquisitor". If I want to do the exploration mission some time, that's fine, and I can go there without partner or gear if i want to get more challenge.

Edited by Nihilkult

Not even close to the hysteria you claim OP.

I suspect most players will keep on playing and not even know about this tiny blimp of outrage here, and won't care either.

BTW claiming census with no data... amusing.

Edited by Deyjarl

As long as new players come in at the same rate people quit no one will notice

Yup - this is it.

There are way more easily pleased people than there are people who realize exactly how we have been cheaped out on.

New players will just enjoy the game that is here now, giving a **** less for the game that was.

In order for polls to be accurate they need a random sample. To get that you would have to be able to get a random sample of the people who play the game not the people who post on this forum, two very different populations.

There is also a lot of narcism around here. I personally quit for reasons not pertinent here but I never thought I represented the norm, much less the majority. To do so without any data to back that up either way is delusional thinking. It'd be like saying I hate Macdonalds, which I do by the way, so everyone else must hate Macdonalds and they be closing all of their doors within the month. It's just wishful thinking and no matter how much you want it it's not going to come to pass.

I'm back, lots of people are back and I see reddit threads about people starting the game every day, if anything this expansion is revitalizing the game.

It will. People will be excited as the movie date draws nearer, and it is very easy to get in the game and start playing.

What drew me to the game is gone; I feel used and marginalized.

Having played through Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I spent the time I managed to stay logged in angrily space barring through the "new" content.

But losing me , and people like me, is a price the company is willing to pay, because there are tons of people who find entertainment in this kind of game.

I have been in a state of nerdrage for 5 days now. I finally managed to stay logged in enough to get to the new 65+ content (alliance), and just felt... tricked.

But, I understand that my rage is fueling other peoples dump trucks of money to the company's door, so I am just looking for something else to play.

The game was SO GOOD.

It had light sabers

I am angry I can't enjoy it anymore

I am even more angry that my anger is irrelevant.

It will. People will be excited as the movie date draws nearer, and it is very easy to get in the game and start playing.

What drew me to the game is gone; I feel used and marginalized.

Having played through Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I spent the time I managed to stay logged in angrily space barring through the "new" content.

But losing me , and people like me, is a price the company is willing to pay, because there are tons of people who find entertainment in this kind of game.

I have been in a state of nerdrage for 5 days now. I finally managed to stay logged in enough to get to the new 65+ content (alliance), and just felt... tricked.

But, I understand that my rage is fueling other peoples dump trucks of money to the company's door, so I am just looking for something else to play.

The game was SO GOOD.

It had light sabers

I am angry I can't enjoy it anymore

I am even more angry that my anger is irrelevant.

You seem relatively reasonable, what's so bad anyway?