The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cancelled Sub

Dreadcraft

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rated T for Toddler? Cuz my five year old can defiantly play easy as pie now. I'm sure a 2 year old can mash random buttons.

im not joking in the least when I say my 4year old son made a chr on my account today and he has been doing just fine, im not 100% positive but I don't think he has even died yet (if he has its been without me knowing it). /sigh

I am with you. I Cancelled too.

Sad to see such a disregard for current subscribers but what do you expect from greedy corporations? Making 100 mil not enuff.

Here is my summary of the expansion

Good

5 hours of new story

Bad

Companions ruined

Crafting ruined

Lots of stuff taken away with no consideration and no recompense

Forgotten

End Game/Ops

PvP

The new companions while you run the story likely don't have gear slots so that you don't put armor into a character that will be dead or otherwise departed before the end of the story. It stands to reason that you can't change the appearance of a character that is only temporarily a companion.

That would be awesome! Companion dies and you loose the stuff too! That would make things a challenge at least. As it is, I have no control over who dies in the story. It was pretty automatic.

The new companions while you run the story likely don't have gear slots so that you don't put armor into a character that will be dead or otherwise departed before the end of the story. It stands to reason that you can't change the appearance of a character that is only temporarily a companion.

Lana is not temporary. Theron is not temporary. and neither are the rest of them that you end up with by the end of chapter 9. they look very much like full fledged companions to me. with no way to change their appearance. so I'm still not seeing how I have more choice in how to customize companion looks.

If you have seen them, then it was likely they were yours and you bought something that we had listed.

No, because I made my credits primarily on selling decorations from the vendors, low level mods that I crafted with materials that I gathered or sent crew out for, and materials that I didn't use for crafting low level mods.

But nice try.

While I disagree with most of your points, I do agree that the combat is too easy. It is a bit of a faceroll, especially with the very powerful new companions. On the flipside I was hearing people complaining they couldn't beat some enemies in enemies while on zakuul and in the Star Fortress, so I guess you can never underestimate how bad some players truly are. Edited by pegasussgc

Lana is not temporary. Theron is not temporary. and neither are the rest of them that you end up with by the end of chapter 9. they look very much like full fledged companions to me. with no way to change their appearance. so I'm still not seeing how I have more choice in how to customize companion looks.

You can't change Lana's appearance? You have got to be kidding me....

I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

2. Cant customize companion gear.

3. game play severely dumbed down.

4. Game no longer challenging in any way to play.

5. No more goals or work to get best and unique gear for me and companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

7. game is appropriate for little children, no longer an adult game.

Why do so many MMO companies ruin their games?

ok, let the fanboys troll now :)

You have a lot of good points and we talked about some of those last night. However the bigger ones gamers disliked was once again, so much reliance on story at the cost of new content. All you got after story was grind really old content to get back things BW took from you. That doesn't have a lot of gamer retention to it especially if you have been here a while. Banking on getting gamers they don't have and older gamers can just go do that massive grind to get back to max affection.

Sad days indeed when it comes to SWTOR.

Actually if a companion dies, he/she will still be listed on the new companion window and there is a button in the upper right corner of the window that will return all gear the companion had to you.

Check Darth Marr for example, on the upper right corner there's a button that will return his lightsaber to you after he dies.

Edit: A little bit on topic too.

I agree with most points the OP makes. For me personally the crafting changes were the thing that hit me the most. I really didn't want to start from scratch to gather and RE all those schematics I already had and now i don't because some idiot thought it is a good idea to shuffle around who can craft what after 4 years. The amount of rage that fuels in me is insane.

I also knew the level sync would be bad and i was right about that. Well actually getting XP for low level stuff was kinda fin, but less than two hours after starting KoTFE (around chapter 4 or 5 i think) i hit 65. Now what does lvl65 char with legacy level 50 do with all that XP on lowbie planets that he/she is only visiting for some crafting nodes or lore/datacrons?

So yeah, my sub renewal is tomorrow and i will renew it for ONE month (have subbed for 6 months at a time up until now almost continually since launch) and after that i'm out. The new story is very good, and the only reason i will stay one month. Even that wouldn't be enough to keep me here if this was something else than SW.

Edited by Rujopetteri

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

1. 3/10

2. 3/10 (pretty sure it's just the new ones, and they look good IMO, sometimes I wish the basic comp gear the get would stay)

3. 3/10

4. 2/10 (Never really was to begin with)

5 2/10

6. 4/10

7. 6/10 ( yeah game got a lot more noob focused it seems but i wouldn't say it's a children's game)

Just rated the extent of which I care or how it affects me.

Edited by Newyankalt

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

I don't agree with any of that, i think you just haven't played it enough since the release is barely 30 hours old.

If you spent a bit of time reading the patch notes you will see that not all the companions had the gear removed, the droids gear was removed because you couldn't actually see the gear change the appearance for the droids but you still can change the looks still with customizations on several vendors.

Yup.

A whole lot of unnecessary game-breaking changes. They could have concentrated on "story" like they said they were going to do, but instead they screwed up many aspects of the game. Crafting is trashed. Companions are trashed on many levels. Achievements revoked. Hours of work "archived" and now valueless. Shoddy rewards for hanging in there til launch. They're forcing OPs and FPs on us. They've increased grind to the point that it is a never-ending battle: Affection from 10,000 to 250,000?? Really? And carbonite throws us into an entirely new game? You think carbonite is a "clever" plot element? It's just lazy. I've never been so disappointed.

WHY did they trash the game? It makes no sense. Does BW actually think this will bring back droves of old players? Encourage tens of thousands of new players? I guess we'll see.

While I disagree with most of your points, I do agree that the combat is too easy. It is a bit of a faceroll, especially with the very powerful new companions. On the flipside I was hearing people complaining they couldn't beat some enemies in enemies while on zakuul and in the Star Fortress, so I guess you can never underestimate how bad some players truly are.

Hey Peg, thank you for your civil disagreement. I really appreciate it. The thing about people complaining that they died is that Bio/EA will listen to those few people who either can't play, or don't have it down yet. My prediction is that they will worry more about those who can't play, then those who no longer want to play. That's what they've done so far anyway.

I don't agree with any of that, i think you just haven't played it enough since the release is barely 30 hours old.

If you spent a bit of time reading the patch notes you will see that not all the companions had the gear removed, the droids gear was removed because you couldn't actually see the gear change the appearance for the droids but you still can change the looks still with customizations on several vendors.

Really? Which of the new companions were YOU able to gear up? It you had played, you would know that you lose your old companions who you can still gear up, so, now that I have done KotFE I have no companions who have gear slots to customize. Which of the release notes said that? Please tell me.

Yup.

A whole lot of unnecessary game-breaking changes. They could have concentrated on "story" like they said they were going to do, but instead they screwed up many aspects of the game. Crafting is trashed. Companions are trashed on many levels. Achievements revoked. Hours of work "archived" and now valueless. Shoddy rewards for hanging in there til launch. They're forcing OPs and FPs on us. They've increased grind to the point that it is a never-ending battle: Affection from 10,000 to 250,000?? Really? And carbonite throws us into an entirely new game? You think carbonite is a "clever" plot element? It's just lazy. I've never been so disappointed.

WHY did they trash the game? It makes no sense. Does BW actually think this will bring back droves of old players? Encourage tens of thousands of new players? I guess we'll see.

Especially considering many of us "returning players" got screwed over the whole Early Access crap. And of course, we are being yelled at for not reading the fine print.

I mean, really!! Why advertise Early Access when it was impossible to get it? I got in an email Aug 24 (found the email) with "Early Access" on the top. Come to find out, I had to be subbed on July 31. Very ****ed up.

But yes it's my fault for, you know, actually trusting EA. Ok, my bad.. I'm cool with that. So then since my 60 mara is stuck with nothing to do I figure, well "I can craft for a week and make a small fortune before next Tuesday".

And then... well you know.

So I have 41 days left on my sub. More then enough time to finish the story. And then it's FO4 and I can forget about this game. I'll let EA keep whatever days are left. I don''t care.

Edited by cagthehack

No, because I made my credits primarily on selling decorations from the vendors, low level mods that I crafted with materials that I gathered or sent crew out for, and materials that I didn't use for crafting low level mods.

But nice try.

Then I guess that your statement to the effect that you saw my credits is dead wrong.

THANK GOD GW2 EXPAC comes out next week, i was so excited for the swtor one, then played it, you literally get 5 hours of gameplay out of it, and the whole companion thing from top to bottom is just a slap in the face , how much cc i spent to geat gear for my comps, over 8 level 60's that i cant equip on new comps, and i cant use the ones that i got the gear for either

goodluck staying afloat Biofail

the compaions are the ONLY thing that makes this warcraft clone worth playing and you totally f'd that up

this expac was your last chance for alot of players, welcome to the unemployment line guys...i hear Mc Donalds is hiring

That would be awesome! Companion dies and you loose the stuff too! That would make things a challenge at least. As it is, I have no control over who dies in the story. It was pretty automatic.

You can click on retrieve gear from dead companions on the alliance screen anyway

Edited by Tellenn

Pics or it didn't happen. Don't believe anyone who claims that without a screen of it (personal info blocked of course).

And the claim that you don't care what I or others think is bs. There is no reason to post unless you want people to see it and care. BW already knows if you did or not. So the sole reason to post is to get attention of others in the forum and make them 'care'. So prove it then.

Thank you gossip girl :) They can troll my all they want. I went through the story. Was good. Now that I'm done everything else sucks. I just don't want to play anymore.

Yet here you are on the forums. If you're going to go, then just go. Nobody cares.

But people who post on forums saying they are leaving never really do leave. Even now, here you are. Welcome back so soon.

Yet here you are on the forums. If you're going to go, then just go. Nobody cares.

But people who post on forums saying they are leaving never really do leave. Even now, here you are. Welcome back so soon.

I stay so I can talk to people like you. Thats why I pvp.

8. Crafting is Pucked Up.

For the solo (or like us husband and wife who enjoy playing together) player there is no way to be crafting self sufficient at 65. Other than augments, we can't find anything that we can craft that does not take Exotic Iso Stabalizers which come from HM flashpoints.

We wanted to keep playing (and paying) but together with the first 7 reasons posted, really can't find any reason why.

Some may like the expansion but to us it just killed the game.

Just upgrade to what the comms vendors give you and stop there? That's what i do as a now mainly solo player.