Companion Influence Caps at 250k?!

BelenUmeria

How much did it cost? a rough estimate.

I did a post on my experience with it. You can actually level them to 250,000 with just green level 1 and 2 gifts that you can purchase from the fleet vendor. If you do this it'll cost about 4.4 million credits and take about 10 hours. That's if you use green level 1 gifts until they stop working and then switch to the level 2 ones for the last 90,000 influence. Takes a grand total of

6,088 level 1 gifts and 5,294 level 2 gifts.

Also those numbers assume you have the legacy buff of 30% extra influence per gift.

I would advise at least using level 1 green gifts to grind to 22,500 influence, as they'll still grant 100 per gift all the way up to that point, which is companion level 15. After that use purple if you want to, but it'll still be about 400 gifts.

Also, purple level 5 gifts can be purchased from fleet vendor for 10 data crystals

and purple level 6 gifts can be purchased from the vendor on Odessen for 30 data crystals

According to Dulfy it would seem the level 5 gifts would be better bang for your buck.

While I normally take her word as gospel I was actually getting better return on my level 6 purple gifts with Lana from level 30-40

For level 5 gifts I was receiving 499 influence

For level 6 gifts I was receiving 1632 influence

So I think her numbers are way off on her guide page. I will now go atone for my blasphemy...

Oh sorry Based Dulfy for wronging you with my words...

Edited by JDiablos

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm ANNOYED at the 250k number (Which is stupid BW).... I do like one fact.

Those with 10k affection (Per Dulfy's post) show we have 5% CRIT on them. We didn't have that on a LOT of companions before. So folks that got 10k on EVERY companion we are in a LOT better shape than before.

Still.... chasing 240k more seems slighly overboard and will result in a couple things happening:

1. People don't care - leave current 10k and the new bonuses they bring.
  2. Hyper FOCUS on specific companion (Favorite) to get 25% CRIT, 2500 Pres, 75% Efficiency and use that one for ALL companion type activities including Crafting and running around.
  3. Spread the wealth and bump 1-2 companions to "Crafter' types with mixed % increases.

[/quote

I will just have to grind a flashpoint, over and over and over and over again to max them out and i will have to pick whatever conversation choices that they love to max them out, the day of doing what we want is over i guess.......pre-4.0 you could max them out and do what you want if you lost anything, you just give another gift.....but if you gain 1k from a conversation of them loving the choices, how much will you lose if you pick all the ones they hate?

Poor design if you ask me.

A point of clarification - under the old affection system, a companion at 10K affection did have an additional 5% crit chance above any crew skill specific bonus, it just wasn't displayed well if at all.

So at 10K affection, our companions are generically as effective as before, while those with crew skill specific bonuses are less effective - though all have the potential to be more effective as they rank up influence.

And the worst part of all this design IMO is the idiotic carry over from launch where a hand full of companions do not have gifts which give full influence.

Qyzen, Elara, Kita, Risha, Ashara, Jaesa (light), Quinn do not have a 'love' gift which gives full influence, meaning to level up any of these companions, it will take at least twice as many gifts and twice as much time.

Some - mostly female companions on male PCs - will give full influence for courting gifts if the player engages in a romance.

And one - Ashara - doesn't even have a 'favorite' gift option for female PCs, which means leveling influence on Ashara will cost four times the amount of gifts as other companions and take four times as much time.

The lack of full influence gifts for this handful of companions for 'reasons' is beyond idiotic, especially in an expansion with changes made to gearing and roles specifically to allow players to use the companion of their choice and not feel gimped, and should be changed as soon as possible such that EVERY companion has at least one 'love' gift giving full influence (without requiring a romance which same gender PCs cannot pursue).

Edited by DawnAskham

They need to add legacy companion influence.

I find it funny that Bioware wants it so people can just choose any companions and play then they pigeon hole you into using just one because of the steep influence requirements.

Old Companions>>>New companions Most of the old companions can be customized it is a shame they removed most of their abilities.

Overall the companion changes in 4.0 are very hit and miss for me.

Old Companions>>>New companions Most of the old companions can be customized it is a shame they removed most of their abilities.

Right. One of the funniest moments in KotFE is when Theron says "everything has changed" and I want to say "except your clothes, you're wearng exact same outfit you wore when I saw you 5 years ago"

The lack of full influence gifts for this handful of companions for 'reasons' is beyond idiotic, especially in an expansion with changes made to gearing and roles specifically to allow players to use the companion of their choice and not feel gimped, and should be changed as soon as possible such that EVERY companion has at least one 'love' gift giving full influence (without requiring a romance which same gender PCs cannot pursue).

Honestly, they need to scrap the whole "different type of gifts get you different results from different companions at different times." It's a ugly holdover from a previous generation of RNG-based fake difficulty. They should have collapsed the gift types for the same reason they collapsed mainstat and crafting mats. 5 levels by 3 rarities is 15 different items, still. 5 different types of gifts, unevenly distributed across the classes as to effect? That's just needless complication of mechanics.

Edited by IanArgent

It's not cool that the work done to get 10k just got completely trivialized. Many of the new gifts produce many more influence points than anything we've seen before this: getting a companion from 0 inf to the old max costs a little over 100 comms and takes less than 2 min. 250k will still be a grind but it's not like it's a mandatory one for anything relevant....

When i first saw it I was like ***...

Now I just see it as something small and silly to work on long-term. I don't mind it at all, but deep down I know the completionist in me will eventually require me to max them all. It's better than unsubbing in 2 months because I have nothing I care about doing at all.

I did a post on my experience with it. You can actually level them to 250,000 with just green level 1 and 2 gifts that you can purchase from the fleet vendor. If you do this it'll cost about 4.4 million credits and take about 10 hours. That's if you use green level 1 gifts until they stop working and then switch to the level 2 ones for the last 90,000 influence. Takes a grand total of

Also those numbers assume you have the legacy buff of 30% extra influence per gift.

I would advise at least using level 1 green gifts to grind to 22,500 influence, as they'll still grant 100 per gift all the way up to that point, which is companion level 15. After that use purple if you want to, but it'll still be about 400 gifts.

WOW :eek:

Edited by Zakua

Also, purple level 5 gifts can be purchased from fleet vendor for 10 data crystals

and purple level 6 gifts can be purchased from the vendor on Odessen for 30 data crystals

According to Dulfy it would seem the level 5 gifts would be better bang for your buck.

While I normally take her word as gospel I was actually getting better return on my level 6 purple gifts with Lana from level 30-40

For level 5 gifts I was receiving 499 influence

For level 6 gifts I was receiving 1632 influence

So I think her numbers are way off on her guide page. I will now go atone for my blasphemy...

Oh sorry Based Dulfy for wronging you with my words...

LoLz 10 hours... you hard core! I think I would go postal. I spend 15 mins raising HK-51 to level 25 buying gifts with Jawa Junk and I felt like I needed to shoot myself.

I did a post on my experience with it. \

SNIP....and take about 10 hours.

SNIP...

You know, you would think BW would take the cool down time off the gifts. Make them like decos so it not so mind numbing a task.

guess thats too much programming for them. 10 hours - Ugh....

You know, you would think BW would take the cool down time off the gifts. Make them like decos so it not so mind numbing a task.

guess thats too much programming for them. 10 hours - Ugh....

Yeah this definitely needs to change. You should be able to give multiple gifts at a time. Spamming clicking stacks of 99 gifts is stupid. If 250k max influence is here to stay, and I hope it is, then we should be able to give multiple gifts at a time.

It might be, just maybe, that you're not supposed to max everyone's influence within a few hours of gameplay?

Except that many many players have been playng for the past four years making loads and loads of alts because this game catered to that and now its taking a complete 180 and forcing an unconscionable grind which, incidentally, makes your companions far more powerful than you. So the story is now all abot the people BioWare make up, instead of you.

my issue isnt the cap my issue is already had way stronger comps before this and why should i waste time on comps at all? their all the same now its absolutely pointless not mention koth is a total pos and the others i dont really care for since they can all do the same role ill just stick with hk who i already maxed out.

Other then story im pretty much done for now i dont care for this alliance crap and doing ****** heroics or any of it when i have the most powerful bieng in the universe on my side to help me *** do i need an alliance for? its absolutely pointless

Think about it theres like what 10 plus comps now you can have that all do the same thing why should anyone waste time on all of them? they didnt think this through to well plus made the comps really irrelavant now.

I wouldnt be mad at the cap i would be more mad at not having an incentive to bother with them they really took it away

Please tell me what your are smoking bioware. 250k is stupid. I see that those of us worried about massive grind were correct.

You converted 1:1 so we start at 10k which is laughable.

As if we need to grind that far to make them anymore powerful than they are already.

Can't imagine how ridiculously powerful they'll be at 250,000 when at 10k they are better than they were before in both combat and crafting.

Edited by Deyjarl

DPS comp at 250k influence pulls over 5600+ dps on the combat training dummy.

:D

I realized now that the influence system accurate reflects the needs of a whingy tag-along who is trying to buy their way into the hero's companionship so they can be taken along on the adventures.

We're not the hero, our companion(s) is(are). If we want to go on their adventures we have to keep them happy!

You are misled so easily! That's impressive! 10/50 doesn't sound bad, hm? Would be 20%. But infact it is 10/250 that's 4%. Thats just like nothing. Edit: Especially because those are the cheapest 4%, whrere you still could use the cheap Rank 1 and 2 gifts.

It becomes even worse when you've already used rank 5 gifts to hit the previous 10k cap since, as you've illustrated, hitting that lvl 10 now can be done easily with rank 1 gifts.