My Cybertech character will have to learn the enhantments my Artificer lost?

jstankaroslo

Ok, I'll probably like the new crafting.

What I don't like is the situation where:

My Cybertech has all the purple armorings learned -he'll lose them

My Artificer has many purple enhancments learned, he'll lose them.

My Cybertech will have to do what I did previously on my Artificer. All over again

I feel as if being punished.

Edited by jstankaroslo

I am in the same situation, I spent a lot of time and money getting rare enhancements RE'd on my artifice.

This is a real slap in the face to artifice again. It was bad enough when the CM destroyed our colour crystal market.

And the armourings my cybertech could make i now need to relearn on my synth and armourmech.

this is just a massive time and credit sink for no good reason.

My Cybertech will have to do what I did previously on my Artificer. All over again

Yeah I'm going to lose every level of Enhancement(I have all Enhancements purple) so kinda sad about that, Cybertech not so sad about as Main stat is mastery now, so no real loss there for me. I'm mainly just sad that a majority of the mats they are taking out all together are some of my most numerous and most used mats. hopefully I can do something with whatever they 'turn" into.

with this changes, it should be legacy learned.

In order to craft enhancements I'll have to re and learn them again on another character. They should be moved from my artificer to my cybertech already learned.

It cost credits (for materials) and lots of time to get those purple schematics.

Also my cybertech spent lots of credits and time for purple armorings (on almost all levels) They should merge this knowledge into purple new armorings.

The biggest loosers in 4.0 are:-

1) Artifice, loosing all previously learned enhancement schematics

2) Cybertech, loosing all previously learned armouring schematics, but then loosing reusable grenades and obviously droid part schematics.

3) Biochem, loosing reusable medkits (both singular and companion), stims and adrenals.

Ironically 2 of the crafting skills affected were the popular ones that most people seemed to take.

Incidentally, have we learned what the vendor prices are likely to be in 4.0 are all armourings, mods and enhancements staying at 2 crystals each or reverting to the old system of 7 for armourings?

yeah artifacers are sortta being hurt here.the one shining light is that, presumably, they'll be better able to craft better hilts going forward

I make most of my money on my Artificer from crafting and selling Dye Modules. And I think there's going to be even more money in them, at least temporarily with people kitting up their companions to look cool.

Hopefully this revamp fixes the crafting missions rarity or amount tiers.

Currently the tier below your max tier will never have a Rich mission option except for companion gifts. Bug that has gone on for don't know how long, reported over and over. All other tiers all have Rich missions all the time. But that one tier lower than your max Rich either never shows, or is ridiculously rare, which can't be intentional.

Hopefully this revamp fixes the crafting missions rarity or amount tiers.

Currently the tier below your max tier will never have a Rich mission option except for companion gifts. Bug that has gone on for don't know how long, reported over and over. All other tiers all have Rich missions all the time. But that one tier lower than your max Rich either never shows, or is ridiculously rare, which can't be intentional.

I think it supposedly does? but yeah, this change is just making me go.. why?

I agree with whoever said that learn schematics given these changes should be legacy wide. considering how long some of those could take to RE sucessfuly.

I am in the same boat with the artifice and cybertech crafters - I will have to "unlearn what I have learned".

But my main disappointment is with the other crafting abilities....there is no indication that arnormech, armstech or synthweaving will be able to craft any new sexy worthwhile gear.....the cartel can surely do its own thing where new gear is concerned but surely there is room for a half dozen really nice sets of armor or weapons that could be crafted by the players too.

Among the disappointments for KotFE, this is another one to add to the list. It reminds me of the achievements they are removing and adding it to something else.Telling gamers, all you have to do is grind for it in a different way to get it back. What could be wrong about that kind of design?

Edited by Quraswren

Well as to craft any high grade item you must do PvP mean that crafting is something I will no longer be doing anyway.

But yes if it's something you do anyway theses changes make little sense. Most of my toons 8/10 had cybertech. Even if I did do PvP I would have little interest in restating all of there crafts from level 1 again after reaching 500.

Maybe I'm just the glass half full type, or its the way I play, but I don't see the changes being a problem.

When I'm leveling a character, I only ever make them Blue quality gear, never purple (three sets, L15, L27 and L39, from L47 onwards they're Bolstered on Makeb or wearing the constant gear upgrades from Forged Alliances onwards).

Blue gear is the new baseline, no more crafting Greens and REing, so the fact that my Cybertech is losing Armourings to my Armourmech / Synthweaver and my Artificer is losing Enhancements to my Cybertech won't affect me in the slightest in terms of making gear for leveling characters.

In fact, it'll likely be much easier now with fewer resource types and faster crafting times.

As to the purples, I never craft Purple gear for a character that's leveling up, does anyone? Seems quite a waste of expensive materials for something you'll only use for a week.

The only purple items I craft are for max level characters... and max level is going up! Thus even if crafting didn't change at all, and everyone (me included) kept all their existing purple schematics, I'd *still* have to learn a whole new set of max level purple schematics (and never use the existing ones again).

So, in real terms, I don't think it's nearly the upheaval people are thinking it will be.

I'll be making the blues with a different character, but I'll have instant access to them (even if I had to buy them, they're a few hundred credits, kill one group of mobs and you'll make that back).

I'll have to learn a whole new set of purple anyway, so what does it matter if it's with a different character.

Obviously that's just me, personally. I have at least one of every Crafting, usually more. I can see that someone that only has one (or perhaps a couple) of crafting skills would have issues I don't.

And I only craft for myself and friends, I don't craft to sell, perhaps people do sell mid-level purples? No idea why someone would buy them, but each to their own :)

But overall, if you already have all the crafting skills, you still have access to every Blue schematic (even ones you didn't have RE'd before), and would still have to learn all the new Purples regardless, so really it doesn't seem much of a disaster to me.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go smother myself in hickory sauce so I'll taste nice after all the flames...

An alternative solution might be to remove the training costs associated with crafting schematics just as they did for skill training.

Then our other crafters could just catch up with the changed schematic lists without having to spend a ton of credits relearning everything.

An alternative solution might be to remove the training costs associated with crafting schematics just as they did for skill training.

Then our other crafters could just catch up with the changed schematic lists without having to spend a ton of credits relearning everything.

credit cost is almost null in comparison to time invested

Maybe I'm just the glass half full type, or its the way I play, but I don't see the changes being a problem.

When I'm leveling a character, I only ever make them Blue quality gear, never purple (three sets, L15, L27 and L39, from L47 onwards they're Bolstered on Makeb or wearing the constant gear upgrades from Forged Alliances onwards).

Blue gear is the new baseline, no more crafting Greens and REing, so the fact that my Cybertech is losing Armourings to my Armourmech / Synthweaver and my Artificer is losing Enhancements to my Cybertech won't affect me in the slightest in terms of making gear for leveling characters.

In fact, it'll likely be much easier now with fewer resource types and faster crafting times.

As to the purples, I never craft Purple gear for a character that's leveling up, does anyone? Seems quite a waste of expensive materials for something you'll only use for a week.

The only purple items I craft are for max level characters... and max level is going up! Thus even if crafting didn't change at all, and everyone (me included) kept all their existing purple schematics, I'd *still* have to learn a whole new set of max level purple schematics (and never use the existing ones again).

So, in real terms, I don't think it's nearly the upheaval people are thinking it will be.

I'll be making the blues with a different character, but I'll have instant access to them (even if I had to buy them, they're a few hundred credits, kill one group of mobs and you'll make that back).

I'll have to learn a whole new set of purple anyway, so what does it matter if it's with a different character.

Obviously that's just me, personally. I have at least one of every Crafting, usually more. I can see that someone that only has one (or perhaps a couple) of crafting skills would have issues I don't.

And I only craft for myself and friends, I don't craft to sell, perhaps people do sell mid-level purples? No idea why someone would buy them, but each to their own :)

But overall, if you already have all the crafting skills, you still have access to every Blue schematic (even ones you didn't have RE'd before), and would still have to learn all the new Purples regardless, so really it doesn't seem much of a disaster to me.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go smother myself in hickory sauce so I'll taste nice after all the flames...

well my playstyle is/was somehow different

Before 12x xp I crafted many purples for my alts. I liked to feel a hero in my solo story experience as well as in my group content. I remember a few occasions where my purple gear sort of saved the day in H4s. I consider myself a decent player, but still one can get into tough situation on Voss or Corellia doing H4 in underlevelled or not full group.

Also in purple gear I could solo or 2-man a H4 up to Voss. I even 2-manned Prison Break on Correllia on level with one very good Bounty Hunter -one of my fondest memories :)

Of course with 12 x xp we level so fast that I only bother to craft purple hilts/barrels every 4-6 levels. But before I craftet almost full sets of purples every 2/4 level. I often got complemented by other players for this. Being a strong group member was fun. Winnig 3 friendly duels in a row with the Sith on my Knight was fun.

I don't see the point in crafting for max level characters, as there is almost nothing to do for me on endgame. I blew over 20mil for best purple hilts/armorings etc only to replace them with generic gear that I got in SoR :mad:

Anyway, there's nothing that can be done, probably, now so it's just a rant, nothing more. I wish the devs thought of that before -legacy schematics would be nice

Edited by jstankaroslo

I'm disappointed as well, but I got to use and make credits for these while I had them. Much like other things that make money and then change and you have to adapt and find something new to craft. when 186 hilts/barrels arrived from trainer on SOR, it made the 180s I crafted pretty much obsolete. Found the new thing to work on and craft and moved on. Same thing here - sucks the time has passed, but move on.

As an early artifice, it sucked when cartel market crystals debuted and destroyed the crystal market, but amjority of players liked the change, better for community as a whole. Hope this is same thing. Short term pain, but long term better for the game.

Ironically 2 of the crafting skills affected were the popular ones that most people seemed to take.

That's probably exactly why they're doing it. If those two skills are the most popular ones, that suggests they are, perhaps, unbalanced?

From your mouth to the devs' ears. The current crafting training costs should have been scrapped when they scrapped level training costs