imposible for lesser skilled players to finish class storry in 4.0

amona

i am a lesser skilled player and i rely on oveleveling content to make them challanging for me instead of imposible for me. luckily for me bioware realised since SOR that story content was to hard for lesser skilled players and fixed that from then on.

so either nerf old class quest or make an exception for class quest on leveling scale

i am a lesser skilled player and i rely on oveleveling content to make them challanging for me instead of imposible for me. luckily for me bioware realised since SOR that story content was to hard for lesser skilled players and fixed that from then on.

so either nerf old class quest or make an exception for class quest on leveling scale

You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need!

Edited by SaerethDL

I've noticed this in a few cases. I think it is because BW's way of leveling is to nerf this class than that class. I tried to fight the Archon with my Sin and had to not only be overleveled but also use all of the mechanics I knew to win. It was not that hard the first time I did it before the Sorcerer nerf. I think that BW needs to realize that balancing by subtraction can occassionally lead to problems against the toughest fights in PvE.

On this note, I'm actually curious to know whether, or how, characters will be scaled to instanced content.

There are a number of examples of characters' having to go back to lower-level planets to complete current missions. Most people seem to be assuming that, in those cases, they would simply be synced to the instanced content rather than to the (often much lower) level of the actual planet.

So what about class missions? Will they be scaled and, if so, would players have characters synced to the level of each individual mission (as shown in the quest log), or to the level of the planet in general? What about class missions that take place in other instance types that don't really have a level range separate from that of the mission itself (space stations, battleships, etc.)?

On this note, I'm actually curious to know whether, or how, characters will be scaled to instanced content.

There are a number of examples of characters' having to go back to lower-level planets to complete current missions. Most people seem to be assuming that, in those cases, they would simply be synced to the instanced content rather than to the (often much lower) level of the actual planet.

So what about class missions? Will they be scaled and, if so, would players have characters synced to the level of each individual mission (as shown in the quest log), or to the level of the planet in general? What about class missions that take place in other instance types that don't really have a level range separate from that of the mission itself (space stations, battleships, etc.)?

Its hard to say, they may not touch the class stuff at all as its all inside instances and set at appropriate levels.

The only exception I can think of is the bounty hunter and that fight in the mission you meet the Lady of Pain, that particular fight is scaled to level and always has been. Its one of very few encounters I've seen in the game that is.

Plus you do see random high level NPC's on planets like Republic Taris, in the swamp area there are level 50's (I have never figured the reason).

But your point yeah I don't particularly want to try to been Warriors final boss as a level 10.

Well, your companion will automacially be geared appropriately so that's something you won't have to worry about anymore and you can assign them any role you want.

And being overleveled is not as useful as being geared properly yourself according to your level. I daresay, they've made leveling easier just by what they changed with companions.

The idea that people cant do story quests at the appropriate level makes me a sad panda.

My problem is more to do with my attention span, I don't always have my complete attention on the game for instance I might have the football on in the background and keep turning around to look, but it does mean I make a awful lot of mistakes in combat, most of the time I get away with it.

I play the game for fun so being over levelled meant that I could always make more mistakes without being punished too much.

My problem is more to do with my attention span, I don't always have my complete attention on the game for instance I might have the football on in the background and keep turning around to look, but it does mean I make a awful lot of mistakes in combat, most of the time I get away with it.

I play the game for fun so being over levelled meant that I could always make more mistakes without being punished too much.

I think your reply will make him even more sad panda.

Do what you want but I just don't get people who watch tv and play an MMO at the same time.

I think your reply will make him even more sad panda.

Do what you want but I just don't get people who watch tv and play an MMO at the same time.

Maybe, but as I said I play the game for fun, not a challenge. I am a Star Wars geek who loves the story element of the game.

If I am ever in a flashpoint of Heroic group I will pay more attention to what I am doing but once I go back to solo my mind wonders off :cool:

I completely agree with you. I'm in the same boat, being a MUCH lesser skilled player.

However, as you can see from the replies (snarky quotes, laughing at you and your problems), people will take great joy over your misery. So, I wouldn't bother posting too much about it.

And, if you have my temper, be careful. Those same internet jokers will TOTALLY report you and get you banned if, for example, I tell them what makes ME laugh while thinking of them. I have enough game bans under my belt to know that.

Anyhow, truly sorry you're about to have problems levelling Amona. So will I. We'll have to deal or leave, depending on how bad it is...

Edited by DalrisThane

Seriously, whenever I read something like this I wonder how I completed my first class story. Back then when you COULD NOT overlevel it because 50 was max level.

Swtor is my first MMO, I was a complete noob back then and my first character was a guardian tank. And the Knight Story Endboss is one of the thoughest story bosses. Someone care to explain how I did that?:confused:

Seriously, whenever I read something like this I wonder how I completed my first class story. Back then when you COULD NOT overlevel it because 50 was max level.

Swtor is my first MMO, I was a complete noob back then and my first character was a guardian tank. And the Knight Story Endboss is one of the thoughest story bosses. Someone care to explain how I did that?:confused:

If I thought for one minute that you wanted an actual conversation, I'd start engaging. We'll see.

It's pretty obvious that most posters (not saying you, but most) find those that struggle with SWTOR (or Marvel Heroes, or other "Mickey Mouse" easy game) are wrong, to be laughed at, L2P, or some other things kids say these days...

I'll try to help you. With what do you seem to have trouble with? Rotations, awareness, gearing? Just feel free to describe what's bothering you.

the only issues i have with the current stuff are a few abilities the npcs use, for example on corellia as a JC you got to destroy 5 droids, these droids have "terminate" ability, it isnt the only enemy type either, alderaan as then when you invade a library on one of your class quests there as well to get information on a jedi, the "strong" guards there use "terminate" as well. anyway, the terminate ability is incredibly overpowered and its very difficult to get around when you wasted all your control effects trying to stop it before. if its allowed, it can take 3/4 of your health out in that single ability and for a healer or dps its difficult to come back from such attack power, followed by being knocked down and an additional ability the npc uses like "ambush".

when you run up against powerful bosses, some of them are inherently overpowered for a reason so there nothing to argue there, just keep the one control effect you need to disability the enemy npc boss from using it (ex the first child can bring the whole cavern down if you dont shoot down his change up of his ability and it can kill you instantly. same for darth baras, toborro's golden fury droid with the mega death lasers and so on.

you have to fight smart rather then dps all out sometimes, if you know you dont have much chance against it, use the landscape, use control effects, attack when an opportunity presents itself and run for it, heal up and such. it is draining after a while of the same attack pattern, so always keep up on your comms to buy mods as high as you can get to your level and if your overleveled, you have an easier chance than you would if you were underleveled because the npcs receive bonuses make it harder to take them out due to your level. believe it or not, but if your within 2 levels of a target, it can make all the difference if you make one more level because sometimes the npc level will also reduce so your level pegging. it would eliminate any bonus the npc had at that point. bonus being evasion, parry, and so on.

Edited by Celise

Seriously, though, the mechanic is not that bad. You keep all the powers, passives and skill points previously earned AND you land on the top possible level for that heroic. Even a certain person who was demonstrating could successfully run through Friends of Old on his merc.

It's pretty obvious that most posters (not saying you, but most) find those that struggle with SWTOR (or Marvel Heroes, or other "Mickey Mouse" easy game) are wrong, to be laughed at, L2P, or some other things kids say these days...

If you'd read closely, I basically said the exact opposite. You don't need to "l2p" etc for the class story content. No guides or anything needed. All you need are more than 2 braincells and actually read your tooltips of your active and passive skills to have a basic undertsanding of what skills you're supposed to use.

And don't equip the wrong stats, which can also be learned by ingame tooltips. What I'm saying is, it's not rocket science ;)

The idea that people cant do story quests at the appropriate level makes me a sad panda.

same, I cringe whenever a person, be it random or guildy asks for help with a story quest. (Only exception being like the makeb isotope 5 laser boss, altough with the GSI buff nothing is actually challenging on makeb)

I always try to give some general advice like "are you geared? companion geared? Missing a mechanic? Using heroic moment, unity, etc. If they still cant figure it out ill go over there and help but also check his gear (hey some people don't know what geared actually means, nor what mainstat they need, granted irrelevant in KOTFE but yeah)

Edited by Faardor

I haven't encountered anything in the content what couldn't have been done with a medpack, heroic moment and a companion - at least no content that was meant to be done solo.

Yeah, sometimes you just die, especially when you play a pure dps without a heal companion, but those situations are rare and mostly occur because you pull some adds or do something stupid.

Edited by Fynnlagh