Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mandatory Level Sync, dumbest idea ever...No POINT in having a level based system.

Suromir

Seriously, whoever came up with this should just be outright fired. What's the point of levels now? You're just going to be brought up/down to be on par with the mobs.

This change has nothing to do with difficulty and is completely asinine. Some of us like to go back to old stuff and farm it for credits/kill time/etc...

I actually had no complaints about changes we've heard coming in KotFE until this. forcing it on players isn't just a plain crap thing to do but doesn't make sense in a LEVEL DRIVEN GAME. you might as well just remove all Experience and Levels at this point.

Idiotic..completely idiotic.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't have stated this in one of the other same topic threads that are "trending" currently? lol

Well he could, but this is a retarded idea, I don't mind another topic on it. The people that are against it need to be heard as well.

I cancelled my sub just because of this while I liked most of the other things.

You can have my stuffz btw, as I have no idea what they are.

Well he could, but this is a retarded idea, I don't mind another topic on it. The people that are against it need to be heard as well.

To each it's own on whether it's a good idea or not. But the front page has like 10 Threads saying the same thing. lol Another doesn't add anything to it.

Oh well, adios! Have fun in your other gaming ventures!

Hmm well I guess I'll take your stuffz, but only after we both figure out what they are. :D

Allow me to point out everything wrong with your post...

Seriously, whoever came up with this should just be outright fired. What's the point of levels now? You're just going to be brought up/down to be on par with the mobs.

I fear you may be misdirecting your anger at the wrong person, surely it would be far more helpful to your cause if you directed it at the person that authorized this change to go into the game in the first place.

This change has nothing to do with difficulty and is completely asinine.

This change has everything to do with difficulty in that it is changing the relative power level of high level players while they are in lower level areas. Thus making it objectively more difficult in those ares for higher level players.

Some of us like to go back to old stuff and farm it for credits/kill time/etc...

You may wish to farm credits in areas closer to or at your level as the credit gain scales on a rather steep curve, if you are however concerned about heroic farming the rewards will scale to your actual level making them many time more rewarding in terms of credits! so hooray!

I actually had no complaints about changes we've heard coming in KotFE until this. forcing it on players isn't just a plain crap thing to do but doesn't make sense in a LEVEL DRIVEN GAME. you might as well just remove all Experience and Levels at this point.

This is not a level driven game, it is a narratively focused progression driven game with a number of progression systems that use an XP derived leveling system to define minimum base stats and gate the upper limits of the other progression systems. calling it a level driven game is like saying the only thing that makes a car go faster is how hard you mash the accelerator.

i agree, although i suspect we may differ on the intended target of the sentiment.

This is not a level driven game, it is a narratively focused progression driven game with a number of progression systems that use an XP derived leveling system to define minimum base stats and gate the upper limits of the other progression systems. calling it a level driven game is like saying the only thing that makes a car go faster is how hard you mash the accelerator.

This is a level driven game, there are 60 levels for a reason. There are levelling zones.

And at certain points you get new abilities, determined by level. The story accompanies the levelling system.

And no, as you level your car it gets more upgrades, to keep with your analogy. How fast the car accelerates or goes is determined by level.

Edited by Geeorgedk

I fear you may be misdirecting your anger at the wrong person, surely it would be far more helpful to your cause if you directed it at the person that authorized this change to go into the game in the first place.

This change has everything to do with difficulty in that it is changing the relative power level of high level players while they are in lower level areas. Thus making it objectively more difficult in those ares for higher level players.

You may wish to farm credits in areas closer to or at your level as the credit gain scales on a rather steep curve, if you are however concerned about heroic farming the rewards will scale to your actual level making them many time more rewarding in terms of credits! so hooray!

i agree, although i suspect we may differ on the intended target of the sentiment.

This needs to be plastered over all the threads complaining about a change that's irrelevant to how they play the game. The planet's not hard when you're leveling through it, it'll be even easier with your gear, set bonuses, spells, etc.

This is a level driven game, there are 60 levels for a reason. There are levelling zones.

And at certain points you get new abilities, determined by level. The story accompanies the levelling system.

And no, as you level your car it gets more upgrades, to keep with your analogy. How fast the car accelerates or goes is determined by level.

Describing your level as the driving force of the game is wrong as all your level gives you is a base line of stats and ability's its primary function is as a gating system. for an example of my point in action remove all your toons gear and wander into the nearest level 60 mob.

Well, I resubbed cuz of level sync...so...

Have fun o7

• 2 weeks later...
seriously, whoever came up with this should just be outright fired. What's the point of levels now? You're just going to be brought up/down to be on par with the mobs.

This change has nothing to do with difficulty and is completely asinine. Some of us like to go back to old stuff and farm it for credits/kill time/etc...

I actually had no complaints about changes we've heard coming in kotfe until this. Forcing it on players isn't just a plain crap thing to do but doesn't make sense in a level driven game. You might as well just remove all experience and levels at this point.

qft!!!

It's a pretty bad forced game feature so BW can make 4 year old heroics reusable in a grind to get companions back that you just happened to already have for years. This way, they can easier hide the fact there is nothing new coming to end game for another 4 + months and you are expected to re-run all that old content to gain back what BW decided to take away (crafting schematics, achievements and companions)or regrind the already old operations.

A expansion with a nice cover "story" but the insides are just rinse/repeat of really old content, no new end game group content and the removal of things you already accomplished so you can do it again.

Well... You are right. I rember when i was on Thyton and the new players or alt players seeking help and guadiance for dealing quests, and i'd realy love to help them. Im not doing rushes for litle ones, i just like to help them, with this option I cannot do that and cannot do the same thing what you did meantioned in your comment. The Devs should been re think about this again. I have 3 account each and every one of them is full of level 60 charcter. I spent alot of money for that, and i will honestly stop playing with this game if they gonna do this as forced level sync. Those whos been fall in love with this idea they don't have to worry about this if THE 'Smart' devs could give us level sync as an optionalbel function. Allowing the players to switch beetween thiese moduls. (of course if some one is use this option they'll be forced synced for one day, and they can switch back to'normal' when the time gose down) Oh and one more thing for those who love this idea. Just to be clear This is not The Guild Wars 2, This is Star Wars. If you looove to play level sync stuff, go and play with GW2 (oh you got bored about Gw2? I'll pity them when red snow is falling). Sorry. Im Sick of this **** allready, and nothing responding from the devs, about the current state of their work. Yet i cannot understand how could posibly decide one person, or a whole dev team to what is good for every one? that's not posible, if they realy wanna deliver something new, they should care both sides, not just one. And i am absolutly agreed with those who came up with this idea shoudl be Fired. We are the coustumers, not them, we spend alot of money to buy CC pay the sub fee and so on. Not them. 4 years and this game is just become worst then any MMORPG could be. I might be suggest The Bioware principals to make a meeting and fire those who came up with this idea, and fire the developers whos made a chose to use a Beta version of the Hero Engine as an mmorpg motor. The game is unstabel as hell. I can play with the battle front on my pc in ultra settings, and when i came back to SWTOR the whole server is lagging, the picture is rendering, the game is full of credtis sellers, and ect... If some one is not going to do something about this sirusly, i wont give much time left for this game. I don't care how greede is the publisher, i dont care who they try to bind the devs hand. Fix this game! And if you have next time such a stupid ideas, make sure to deliver them as optionable and not forced one.

how does it make sense that darth jadus which is supposed to be the most powerful sith next to the emperor is 1 shoted by a level 60 agent ... makes sense of course.

geez you are still considerable more powerful then a character of the same level... (only stats are downgraded) you still keep all the skills, passives and power .

Thank you i know that. But i am still up againts this idea as forced level sync.

how does it make sense that darth jadus which is supposed to be the most powerful sith next to the emperor is 1 shoted by a level 60 agent ... makes sense of course.

Cause even a sith cant take a shot to the head no matter how powerful he is in the force from a well skilled Agent.

Makes pretty good sense.

How does it make sense that a level 50 inquisitor which is supposed to be one of the most powerful sith in the empire is one shotted by a level 60 republic trooper (of the NPC variety) on Yavin? Makes sense of course.

And you progress to progressively harder areas that are "level appropriate" as you level your character. I suppose they could siimply prohibit characters from returning to areas that aren't "level appropriate" that would truely be a level driven game.

I like level sync, it is one of the few things I liked about GW2.

I don't quit martial arts because I had one bad tournament. Or because there is this one form I need to learn which I really dislike. I also pay 40€ a month for professional teachers. People seem bend on the idea that everything needs to be a perfect fit these days. If you enjoy 95% of the game, go and play those 95%. If you dislike a majority of the game, by all means cancel. But don't be a hypocrite, please.

The people that are against it need to be heard as well.

They have been. In the twenty-seven threads about the topic that already exist. Now focus on the two big ones. It isn't that hard. This thread is just another example of a person shouting Here, I am important and need to be heard individualy! No, you aren't. Focus on the already existing topics.

farm it for credits/kill time/etc

We have enough credits in circulation as it is. I know a lot more players with over 50 million credits today than ever before. We don't need those "make 800k in a single hour!" spots. They just harm the economy and cause an artifical inflation which makes it harder for new players to adapt.

Besides...kill time? I have never seen someone write: "Oh, I'm so bored! Guess I will go to Tatooine and kill Sand People for an hour until the raid starts..." ever. How about you try to kill time with a GF queue or a match of PvP instead of one-shotting mobs on meaningless words? Might enhance your experience a bit.

Edited by Alssaran

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.