2 year + Fanboy of Swtor sadly cancels his account.

Dualthreat

My bad.

Yeah, you could say that. You were expecting FAR too much from day 1.

customizations/mods, they've already voiced what will happen on.

2012 standards? It's quite up to date as far as standards are concerned, in fact better than that. Name one other game that has fully voiced quests, from start to finish... Even fetch quests? Come on, name one... I'll wait while you think. We're not even IN 2012 yet, and people insist that this game has to already be there, JUST over a week after release.

LFD:

They've said multiple times that will be added LATER, but it is not a priority now. Guess what? You can't have everything you want when you want it.. In the meantime, use your guild, use public channels. NOT everyone wants to jump into the first available dungeon, NOT everyone wants this to be a port of WoW.

World PvP? Not in this lifetime. YOu can keep your PvP crap to yourself. They gave you the servers, go tear those up, stop forcing non PvP'ers to take a loss because of your wants.

This is the whole problem. You expected too much. That's not EA's fault, that's not Bioware's fault, and if you were in ANY part of beta you'd know that those expectations wouldn't have been met.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest issues were the world is very static and dead. I feel like I am walking, and walking, and walking and walking and walking through a cut and paste game where nothing lives, paths, moves or changes. Its all just stuck in place.

Interesting that you mention this because not only is it true, but it was one of the major critcisms of KotR I and II: Lots of open space with great detail and graphics but empty. Sorry, but Coruscant/Kaas City shouldn't be an NPC ghost town. :eek:

Edited by Tertius

I have not see one person explain away the massive MASSIVE amount of zones with all static mobs that don't move until attacked where maybe 3-4 mobs in an entire zone path. Its like dodging little mines as you run around to do your objectives. But seems some of you love dead worlds where mobs that see you 10 feet away just stand there, as stupid looking as the forum fanboys until you attack them. =)

Uh, dude, that's every MMO. Every MMO has stupid trash mobs that just stand in place. That is hardly game breaking. If you play MMOs because you love fighting trash mobs in each zone, then you need to find a new genre to play.

The game is pretty good and the advances in design are great (building the worlds and such) and i congratulate them on such a nice story driven mmo, but at the same time it kinda feels a wee bit old with the mechanics we all know so well and then on top you get slight technical deficiencies, which lets you feel as if you are still playing a beta.

Abit more polish/detail and less copy/paste elements in this game and i certainly would be hooked, but like this i am also not sure will sub for another month. Tho i am sure i will come back later, depending on how well it does in development.

Edited by Ommm

PvP was the only good part about Warhammer Onine. WoW PvP is atrocious.

I mean, unless you like grinding to stack resilience gear to fight amongst a mass of homogenized classed played with entitled whiners...

Definitely have to second this.

Many people here have mentally talked themselves into supporting this game even if many concerns about it is 100% warranted. I am sure many who are supporting it right now know of its shortcomings yet still will try to desperately stick to it. Thinking it will turn into the game they actually are trying to defend.

Others like the OP are honest and try their best to like the game but in the end have to drop out and voice legitimate problems.

Legitimate opinions. Opinions that aren't universal. What you call a concern that is 100% warranted, I call a pile of useless whining.

See how opinions work? Maybe, just maybe, all those people who are supporting it......are simply being honest and actually do disagree about those so-called "shortcomings".

[sarcasm]Naw, that can't be. Clearly the people who disagree with you are lying..........[/sarcasm]

Count me as another early supporter of the game that is just flat out disappointed. Sadly, TOR doesn't even feel like an MMORPG. Can't have a community when no one talks to each other or sees other players in the game world in the first place. I've talked to maybe 3 people since the start of early access. No one is recruiting for guilds, nothing. Dead community/game is dead.

Maybe you should change servers, because I have no problem with people talking. Almost annoyingly so at times. Guild recruiting happens all the time as well, depending on where you are....again, almost annoyingly so at times. And when Tattooine can almost resemble Barren's chat at 3 in the morning, I really have to disagree with that last point as well.

So either I'm on the single server that has a population on both factions, in which case you might want to consider switching servers.....or your server just flat-out sucks, in which case you might want to consider switching servers.

Understand two things:

1.) BioWare dev's don't want ANYONE to tell people "can I have your stuff when you go back to WoW?" That's their worst nightmare. They should strive to do what WoW 2012 does, and THEN some.. not some lackluster, mediocre 2004 WoW.. because they're competing with 2012 WoW, not 2004 WoW.

Considering they've done quite well in this regard, I don't see the problem. For every system you can throw out that WoW apparently did better, an unbiased person can respond with another system from TOR. The problem is you have to be unbiased to do it.

2.) The expectations could have easily been met if not for some idiotic design choices. The choice to not include a recount, a customizable UI, AWFUL combat system, no world PVP, no LFD system, the list goes on and on and on.. read these forums or go read reviews.

When did DPS epeen flexing become a mandatory game system? Recount is absolutely not required.

How did WoW get a customizable UI again? They ripped off their modding community. It's neither required, nor absolutely necessary. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure they've already mentioned UI updates as an upcoming item.

The combat system is perfectly fine, I'm sorry you were unable to figure it out?

There's plenty of world PvP. In fact, there are multiple zones entirely dedicated to world PvP. Maybe you should give the playerbase time to get to them, before stating an outright lie.

LFD....a system that removes the social aspect of a social game. Yeah.

How could they spend ALL this money and all these years.. yet not have simple, rudimentary 2012 MMO design choices? If they waited 5 years to fix the combat system, you think they're going to "patch it" in the next few months? You guys serious with that? This game is so flawed.. so many issues, it will fail.

They do. They've even improved on several of them. I'm sorry you're so blinded that you have missed all this.

My opinions, much to my chagrin, are the general consensus of the forums and the community. Even those who are younger or don't care to post on the forums notice how poorly done the combat system if they're coming from WoW. This, unfortunately is not open for debate my friend. No one can "like" the combat system as it is now.. it's just those who have the know-how / care enough to post about it on the forums.. know what I mean? The 15 year old who got SW:TOR under his tree because his parents know he plays WoW.. he doesn't like the combat system, and will eventually go back to WoW because of it. The combat system in an MMO is either a game-breaker or a game-maker. This is elementary.

Your opinions, are the general consensus of a very vocal minority. You're right though, you're opinion, no matter how irrelevant it is when compared to other people's, cannot be argued. Because it's your opinion. The substance of your opinion, however, can absolutely be argued....and has been. You're trying to speak for everyone again. Not everyone agrees with you. If you really don't like it....why keep posting an opinion that isn't universal?

Edited by Jxspyder

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I will play this game in conjunction with WoW for a long, long time regardless of how poor the combat system is. However, is one million subscribers enough to sustain the $300,000,000 dollar budget.. or future content budget, more importantly? Neither of us know, but I know they projected under 4mil and just broke 1mil. And, good sir, I don't think "a few unhappy people" is a way to describe the consensus with the major flaws in this game.

Actually, one million subscribers is double what they need to make a profit. So yes, we do know, and the answer is yes, it is more than enough. Not sure where you're getting this projected 4 mil. Even moreso when you figure in that this is the fastest launch in an MMO.

My opinions, much to my chagrin, are the general consensus of the forums and the community. Even those who are younger or don't care to post on the forums notice how poorly done the combat system if they're coming from WoW. This, unfortunately is not open for debate my friend. No one can "like" the combat system as it is now.. it's just those who have the know-how / care enough to post about it on the forums.. know what I mean? The 15 year old who got SW:TOR under his tree because his parents know he plays WoW.. he doesn't like the combat system, and will eventually go back to WoW because of it. The combat system in an MMO is either a game-breaker or a game-maker. This is elementary.

People whining on the forums is not the general consensus...You are making huge assumptions yet again...I have quite a few friends IRL that are playing that love the combat system...Yes there is some tweaking needed to take care of lag that some are experiencing, but thats understandable and I can guarantee will be fixed soon...

People that are feeling negative will always be WAY MORE vocal then those that are happy...Misery loves company...I am not saying this game is perfect by any means...What I am saying is YOUR opinion is not MY opinion and everyone elses..Some or a lot might agree, but its not everyone..THIS is elementary

By the way, who is this 15 year old you speak for? You?

EDIT: I just want to say I dont want to label everyone as "whiners" that are expressing genuine concerns..But there is a crap ton of whiners on here

Edited by fallenvirtues

I dont understand how someone can say that the world is dead, that he is playing a Singleplayer game, while he mentions how good WOW or Skyrim are.

WOW in its current state is a Singleplayer game with a queue button for bot games and Skyrim never was an MMO.

I love SWTOR because it is an MMO, I see other people, I group with them and I discover a big world.

Also pvp is very good, it kinda reminds me on wow vanilla pvp - the time when WOW was the best of its kind (Ultima excluded). People who do stuff get rewarded, those who do nothing dont.

If BW manages the premade plague on lvl 50, I am sure it will be great fun for everyone.

Edited by RachelAnne

The point was they quit over the reasons the fan site reviews given, bad combat, overkill on cut scenes, way to much walking for no good reason, dead world with static mobs that don't move, single player game poorly done. Pvp is pretty terrible and boring. These are just a few of the reasons you see 6.1/10 ratings by thousands of fan's reviewing the game. I know those who love it don't like to hear this but ignoring it won't make it go away or be invalid when such a large number lead to these ratings. Anways if you like it that is good, keep playing it!

Metacritic famously has the last Call of Duty game at around 2/10.

A lot of morons give only ratings of 1 or 10 on those sites.

Some people who rate games have never even played them.

Thus, a mediocre rating should hardly quality evidence of a game being mediocre.

I agree there should be more pathing mobs. The spell delay or whatever it's called where an animation has to finish before another ability can start up needs to be fixed. The lack of ability to customize the UI and lack of support for mods/macros is pretty brutal. On the other hand, if you don't like cutscenes you can spacebar through a lot of them; a lot of people love this feature (there is a reason for the RP in MMORPG after all). It's certainly not single player, I've run multiple dungeons and killed a world boss with guildies/randoms.

While ultimately subjective, I think objectively this has to be viewed as one--if not the best--MMO launches in history. It gets extra points for offering something different than the dragons and elves which has continually saturated the RPG arena.

budget was not 300 mill it was 150 mill if you gona spot numbers get them right.

they said the game will be profitable at 500k subs agian that comes from the devs. yet agian u gona spot numbers get them right.

the vast majority that like the game is playen it its only the very minority that trolls forums cause they do not.

Metacritic famously has the last Call of Duty game at around 2/10.

A lot of morons give only ratings of 1 or 10 on those sites.

Some people who rate games have never even played them.

Thus, a mediocre rating should hardly quality evidence of a game being mediocre.

I agree there should be more pathing mobs. The spell delay or whatever it's called where an animation has to finish before another ability can start up needs to be fixed. The lack of ability to customize the UI and lack of support for mods/macros is pretty brutal. On the other hand, if you don't like cutscenes you can spacebar through a lot of them; a lot of people love this feature (there is a reason for the RP in MMORPG after all). It's certainly not single player, I've run multiple dungeons and killed a world boss with guildies/randoms.

While ultimately subjective, I think objectively this has to be viewed as one--if not the best--MMO launches in history. It gets extra points for offering something different than the dragons and elves which has continually saturated the RPG arena.

Uh... Off topic but MW3 deserved the 2/10 it got. Metacritic was praised for it's accurate review of essentially a map pack.

@OP:

I'm sorry for you. I enjoy this game, but I respect it's not for everyone. I hope you find an MMO that you will enjoy as much as you wanted to enjoy this. Good luck :).

I think a lot of people over hyped this game. They expected way too much in my opinion. In the end it is just a mmo like other mmos has the same issues and restrictions. I find it hard to believe people wont even give them a month. Did everyone expect a perfect polished game with tons of perfect content? Really?

For 300 MILLION DOLLARS to make, develop and test.. damn right I expected better then this garbage we're playing now.

This is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME with a subscription fee. Its NUTS. OP is exactly right in every one of his statements. Thanks to "sharding" (the single DUMBEST idea I have ever heard) Ive seen a total of NINE other players since launch.. NINE people.. thats not an mmo, thats a complete and utter joke.

I know right?

Before I continued I wanted to address this quote here so sorry if I skipped a lot of replies. You fail at the fact 90% of the accounts created as of today did not get a long time to play till 25 and had only weekend beta. It was all about enjoying the game rather then trying to get to 25. As for me, it was taking my time and enjoying the cut scenes and seeing what the game offered. Upon Early Game Access, I felt the game was going to get boring. Then the launch came and I started disliking the game. The combat does feel a bit blah and the questing is so confusing. Too many side quests that waist your time with meaningless story lines.

Hopefully this will change in the future. I will spend one year paying and playing because the developers spend a lot of time and money to get this game out. I will give it my 100% support. After that if the game hasn't changed, I'm leaving for the best.

World of Warcraft may be a boring game now but at least the combat keeps you on your toes clicking and clicking and clicking and clicking. With my bounty hunter it's click, click, click and wait for CD's and heat to drop.

Lame!!

Too bad you didnt enjoy it.

I on the other hand love the game. It seems they tailored this game to my personal liking. If i had 150mil dollars and wanted to make a mmo just for my self, this would have been the results.

Yesterday i think i just watched alderan scenery for 10-15min enjoying its beauty.

I am only 33 yet, just finished the act 1. Everything is awesome so far.

Exactly this, except im only lvl 29 atm.

A single player mmo with multiplayer options whenever i choose, HELL YEA...

And to the op,s other gripes? Well, i uses to play and love games like wizardry and bards tale where the graphics where, well, non existant, so all your other qualms i couldnt care less about.